Start by marking “The Devil of Downtown (Uptown Girls, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Devil of Downtown (Uptown Girls, #3)

The Devil of Downtown

(Uptown Girls #3)

The final novel in Joanna Shupe's critically acclaimed Uptown Girl series about a beautiful do-gooder who must decide if she can team up with one of New York's brashest criminals without losing something irreplaceable: her heart.

Manhattan kingpin.
Brilliant mastermind.
Gentleman gangster.

He's built a wall around his heart...

Orphaned and abandoned on the Bowery's mean
Expected publication: June 30th 2020 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Devil of Downtown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil of Downtown

Start your review of The Devil of Downtown (Uptown Girls, #3)
b.andherbooks
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
God I adore this series. Is it wrong to want more? Watching Jack Mulligan slowly lose his heart to the quiet but never meek and never weak Justine was fan-fucking-tastic.

I adored how Jack was as fastidious about his appearance (manicures, perfect bespoke suits) as he was filthy mouthed in bed. I loved how learned consent and good bed manners from his mother and the other sex workers he grew up with and how he always made sure Justine was 100% on board with every touch and kiss. SWOOOOOOOON.

Where
Jessica
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Review tk
Christy
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I always look forward to a new book by Joanna Shupe and am never disappointed.

Shupes books feature strong, independent women and handsome, complex men. The stories have romance, heat and danger.

Justine is the youngest sister in this series. In the other two books I did not care for her as I found her a bit strident. But in her own story, Justine becomes someone to admire. She is seemingly fragile and naïve, but strong and formidable.

Jack has survived a brutal childhood to become a criminal
Kelsey
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the final book in the Uptown Girls trilogy, Joanna Shupe's Gilded Age series about the wealthy Greene sisters and the less than upstanding men they fall in love with. Going into this, I didn't have many feelings about the heroine, Justine, because she'd been kind of in the background for the previous books, off doing charitable works. It's those charitable works that lead her to Jack Mulligan, the kingpin of the downtown gangs, who helps Justine track down husbands who have abandoned ...more
Emily
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gilded-age, arc
I love love love Joanna Shupe's books. I was so excited for Justina and Jack's story and this did NOT disappoint.

The characters had great chemistry and were well developed. I felt like I got to know the hero/heroine much better in this book than in the previous two in the series.

Jack Mulligan is full of faults and vices that he readily acknowledges. But he also has a strong sense of loyalty and justice that makes him a fascinating character.

Justina Greene is one of the most likeable heroines
Erin
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Youngest Greene sister Justine isnt quite as sheltered and naive as her older siblings think she is. Instead, she spends her days in 1890s New York City tracking down deadbeat fathers and lost relatives on behalf of a legal aid society. When a case leads her to crime lord Jack Mulligans door, the meeting is unexpected for both of them. Jack is drawn to the unexpectedly tough and enchanting society lady. Justine cant stop thinking about the powerful man who may have a secretly soft heart. But ...more
Roslyn Stillman
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the third and final book in the series and as in the last one, I loved the storyline but the swearing and sex for this reviewer was a bit overwhelming so if you dont like these things or are not willing to just skip it like this reviewer did dont read it. But I love how the storylines in these books are so different from the usual society reads and the characters are so wonderfully written. They have to be rough and the swearing is just part of their life that is why I still read them. ...more
Molly
Mar 22, 2020 added it
Review to come...
Jen Davis
Review to come.

*ARC provided by publisher
Jenifer
The Devil of Downtown is a wonderful conclusion to the Uptown Girls trilogy. I love the Gilded Age Manhattan setting of this series, and I think Joanna Shupe does a great job of showing both its glittering brash excess and its dark underworld. The romance between Jack and Justine is also deeply satisfying, and I loved the scenes featuring Justine's other sisters and their significant others, living their own Happily Ever Afters.
Izzy
Jan 06, 2020 marked it as on-my-radar
Shelves: 2020-release
I cant not wait for this! I finished Prince of Broadway and immediately needed this book 😍 ...more
Laura Yamin
added it
Nov 29, 2019
Carrie
Dec 07, 2019

• Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4)
  • To Catch an Earl (Bow Street Bachelors, #2)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • An Heiress to Remember (The Gilded Age Girls Club, #3)
  • Would I Lie to the Duke (Union of the Rakes, #2)
  • The Rakess (Society of Sirens, #1)
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • The Glass Hotel
  • Forever and a Duke (Rogues to Riches, #3)
  • For the Sake of a Scottish Rake (Besotted Scots, #3)
  • Boyfriend Material
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • My Fake Rake (Union of the Rakes, #1)
  • Love Lettering
  • The Duke I Tempted (Secrets of Charlotte Street, #1)
Sign up for Joanna's newsletter and be the first to hear about new books and discounts!

Award-winning author JOANNA SHUPE has always loved history, ever since she saw her first Schoolhouse Rock cartoon. While in college, Joanna read every romance she could get her hands on instead of attending classes, yet still managed to graduate with a journalism degree. She

Uptown Girls (3 books)
  • The Rogue of Fifth Avenue (Uptown Girls, #1)
  • The Prince of Broadway (Uptown Girls, #2)