Start by marking “Chloe Rose and the Enchanted Maze” as Want to Read:
Chloe Rose and the Enchanted Maze

Chloe Rose and the Enchanted Maze

Twelve-year-old Chloe Rose lives a quiet, happy life in her hometown Wilmoton, but she’s haunted by the same nightmare night after night—one with guns and swords and lost fathers. When another brewing battle has her town preparing for war, Chloe’s fears are made into a reality. Promises are left unfulfilled, her family is torn apart, and she must leave her comfy life in Wi ...more
Published March 25th 2020 by GenZ Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Chloe Rose and the Enchanted Maze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chloe Rose and the Enchanted Maze

Start your review of Chloe Rose and the Enchanted Maze
Anais Piccoli
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
DNF. Was this written with google translate? The story is not awful, but the phrasing is so weird, so basic but with so many difficult words I don't think a child could fully enjoy it. ...more
Yvonne
Feb 13, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF. Immature writing that I don't honestly believe has been through an editor, and I'd rather spend my time reading something that reads as professionally written and edited.

ARC copy provided via NetGalley.
Veronica Elle
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
!!!!IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CHLOE ROSE PLEASE READ!!!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR TAKING TIME TO REVIEW CHLOE ROSE. UNFORTUNATELY, THIS VERSION HAS SINCE BEEN REMOVED AND IT’S NO LONGER A VALID COPY TO REVIEW.

TO THOSE WHO’VE ALREADY DOWNLOADED VIA NETGALLEY PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS BECAUSE THAT VERSION HAS SINCE BEEN REMOVED AND NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

I LISTENED ATTENTIVELY AND APPRECIATE EVERY SINGLE REVIEW/ FEEDBACK AND I HAVE SINCE TAKEN A LOT OF YOUR REVIEWS INTO ACCOUNT. ( THANK YOU)

I APOLOGIZE FO
Jasmine
Mar 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Chloe Rose and the Enchanted Maze is middle-grade fantasy novel geared more towards girls, but both genders can read and enjoy this story.

The story follows Chloe, a young girl who lives with her parents in the town of Wilmoton. But when her dad passes away during a war and her mom remarries the King, Chloe is thrust into a life she doesn't want. Add in a mean stepsister, and Chloe goes from happy to miserable and forlorn. After leaving to live with her grandmother, she learns about an enchanted
Kathryn
Mar 11, 2020 rated it liked it
This book follows Chloe and Edith as they go threw a maze to get what their heart most desires. For Chloe, it’s having closure after her fathers death. For Edith, it’s finding her parents. They do get what their heart most desires at the end of the book. Even if that means it changes.

I enjoyed the short chapters of the story. It made me feel like I was reading a lot. Also, I enjoyed the pictures in the book. The art work was phenomenal in this book.

What I didn’t enjoy was the somewhat overuse
Danielle
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a very cute story about two characters on a path to finding closure. One about the death of a parent. The other about finding their parents.
The writing could have been a little bit better, but overall a very lovely story with lovely pictures.

Ana Lopes
I received an ARC in change of an honest review through NetGalley, all the opinions are my own. Thank you to the publisher for the ARC.

My Rating: 2.5
I didn't like the plot of the book and as I kept reading it I found myself losing my interest more and more (almost DNF'ed it).
The problem is that the writing was very simplistic (I know I'm not the targeting audience but I think even a middle grader would think the same) and the story felt pretty pointless and rushed. I didn't enjoy Chloe's adventu
Elizabeth Mellen
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
Editing to add: This review was for the Netgalley ARC, and I’ve been informed that substantial changes were made in a following draft. I’m considering if I want to try to read that and will edit my review if I do.

This one’s cover and description really called to me, but unfortunately I didn’t enjoy it.

The writing was very stilted and simplistic. I read a lot of MG - for my own enjoyment and to my kids- and there is a difference between writers who do a beautiful job choosing words that are not
Joey Susan
Thank you so much to NetGalley and Genz Publishing for the earc copy to read and review of Chloe Rose and the Enchanted Maze written by Veronica Elle Butler.

I really didn’t enjoy this book, I didn’t enjoy the protagonist or her family and friends at all, I didn’t like the way it was poorly written and I didn’t like the lessons that were being taught in it.

I loved the cover of this book and the description sounded so wonderful and I couldn’t wait to start reading it, but it just really wasn’t a
Sinead M
Apr 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: books-i-own, dnf, ebook
The cover and synopsis drew me into this book. Thought it would be a fun little imaginative story. However, I couldn’t get passed the first chapter. I found the writing style very clunky and too much emphasis on random descriptions.

Edit: I don't think I was really in the mood for this kind of story/reading in general when I picked this up, which might have heavily influenced my negative reaction. I would like to go back and give this another try to be more fair. I'll update this when I do.
Kat
Thank you to the publisher for the e-arc copy of this novel.
L.
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2020, netgalley
Got to read this book as an E-ARC via Neygalley. Thank you to the publishers, Xpresso Book Tours, for the opportunity. All opinions are my own.

First off, I'd say that I'm not part of the intended audience for Butler's book, but I feel like even children part of the right age group could find things to agree with me on regarding the text (albeit in other words).

We follow a young girl called Chloe. Early on in the book her father dies in a war and her mother remarries a man much higher up on the
Amanda
Oct 10, 2020
Michelle Lynn
rated it did not like it
Jan 16, 2020
Miranda
Mar 21, 2020
Kaylee
Apr 29, 2020

• The Vine Witch (Vine Witch, #1)
  • The Ten Thousand Doors of January
  • The House in the Cerulean Sea
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • Long Bright River
  • I Owe You One
  • New Kid (New Kid, #1)
  • A Study in Scarlet (Sherlock Holmes, #1)
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise
  • The List of Things That Will Not Change
  • The Wicked + The Divine #1
  • Unnatural #1
  • The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics
  • Writers & Lovers