Start by marking “Meet Cute Club (Sweet Rose #1)” as Want to Read:
Meet Cute Club (Sweet Rose #1)

Meet Cute Club

(Sweet Rose #1)

Jordan Collins doesn’t need a man.

What he needs is for his favorite author to release another one of her sexy supernatural novels and more people to sign up for the romance book club that he fears is slowly and steadily losing its steam. He also needs for the new employee at his local bookstore to stop making fun of him for reading things meant for “grandmas.”

The very last
Published May 5th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Meet Cute Club, please sign up.
Jack Harbon It is! With the virus situation going on, getting the proofs of the book shipped and finalized took longer than expected, but I hope to have the physi…moreIt is! With the virus situation going on, getting the proofs of the book shipped and finalized took longer than expected, but I hope to have the physical version of the book ready to go by the end of the month! ❤(less)
Lucas Jordan is either 26 or 28, cant quite remember and Rex is older but not yet 30. Sorry hope my vague answers are helpful.

Start your review of Meet Cute Club (Sweet Rose #1)
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-releases, queer
This was VERY cute, y'all. It wasn't quite as smutty as I was hoping for if I'm being honest, but the banter and the adorable grandmother relationships made up for that in spades and I DEFINITELY recommend if you're looking for something fun, fast, and queer af.
Riley
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-romance, m-m
this was so CUTE and exactly what I needed right now
highly recommend if you are looking for a great m/m romance with some steam and A+ banter
Larry H
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Could Meet Cute Club , Jack Harbon's new book, BE any more adorable?

Jordan believes in happy endings. Inspired by his grandmother, he loves romance novels of all kinds. He puts his heart and soul into ensuring that the Meet Cute Club, his romance-book book club, runs smoothly, the way his grandmother's book club used to when he was younger.

"It was about more than the books. It was about the community surrounding them, and the interpersonal relationships that were built all because of a mutual
mina reads™️
Did Jack Harbon climb into my brain and write the romance of my dreams? yes i do believe he did.

In this story we follow Jordan Collins, a young romantic with a passion for romance novels and a book club he's struggling to keep afloat. Along comes Rex, a bookseller who doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut, who teases Jordan for his reading tastes. Rex decides to not judge a book by it's cover and joins Jordan's Meet Cute Club to get closer to his bookstore's cutest patron and learn what romanc
Warda
Jul 02, 2020 marked it as dnf
This didn’t end up being as cute as I hoped it was going to be. Could not connect to the writing.

DNF at 50%.
Kevin (Irish Reader)
I enjoyed this book and found it to be cute, fluffy and a nice comfort read. I loved the whole plot line about the bookclub and I could definitely relate to Jordan’s love for reading. My only issues were I found it to be a bit too cheesy at times for me and I wish the relationship had of been developed more. If the book was maybe a little longer, the relationship could have played out better and been more solid for me.

I read this in a reading vlog on my YouTube channel and you can check out the
Talia Hibbert
This enemies-to-lovers romance between a romance-addict and a cynic is SUPER CUTE, a la early-2000s TV & film romcoms. I love books about books, so reading a hero like Jordan, who's so devoted to romance and runs a book club, already ticked a ton of my boxes.

Then there's Rex, the arsehole bookseller who essentially prods Jordan because he has a crush. If you like the whole tormentative bad boy with a heart of gold trope, you will fall head over heels for these two just like I did. (Sidenote: aut
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
DNF at 23%. I found the POV switches to be confusing and I just wasn't getting into it. Life is too short right now to be reading books that don't grab me.
Starlah
Aug 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, ebook
whaa?? did i enjoy a romance?? yes ... yes i think i did!
Aoife - Bookish_Babbling
I wanted to love this, I mean check out that cover, it is so aesthetically pleasing to my superficial af illustrative cover-loving self 😍 (yes I judge romcoms by their covers...plz don't judge me tho 😅)
This was set up to be a successful read, a book club setting & opposites-attract is right up there alongside enemies-to-lovers as a trope I'm here for. But it sadly ever so slightly missed the mark for me this time 😕

The pacing was off, yes this is a shorter book clocking in under 200pgs and the au
lazybookconqueror
4.5 Stars

Meet Cute Club could be a template for everything that I want in Contemporary Romance: Extremely swoony, but real and believable - With the representation the genre so badly needs and written with wittiness and care.

Jordan is in love with his romance novels, especially the ones by his favorite author Patricia Hayes. This passion started with his grandma, the queen of romance book clubs in his eyes, and now he has taken it upon himself to keep the tradition going. He started the Meet Cu
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
May 05, 2020 rated it did not like it
Have you ever read a book which you wanted to DNF a book after reading the first line?
Yes, this is that ultimate one for me.

Never have I ever gave up on a book so fast!

Why did the book have to start like that?

The premise sounds so cute and warm.

Guess it's just not about the cringy first sentence. I read a few more pages and yes, the book starts with an intimate scene. And it's not the characters who you want to be.

And I don't think the writing style is for me. And the characters seem a little t
Meags
May 08, 2020 rated it liked it
3 Stars

The Meet Cute Club is an enemies-to-lovers romantic-comedy, following two men who make an unlikely but endearing match within the setting of a romance-themed book club.

Jordan Collins is a lover of romance novels. He’s shy and a bit introverted, and has a high-strung personality, liking everything to be just so. He spends his free time reading every romantic story he can get his hands on, and who can blame him—life is always better with books! (A sentiment we here on GR can probably all ag
Emma
May 28, 2020 rated it liked it
2.75/5 Stars

This was a fun short book. I appreciated how it talked about romance books and how much Jordan, the main character, likes them and has a passion for them that he's ready to defend with all his heart.
The storyline was very fast paced and the thing I didn't really like was the fight they had, it was a bit abrupt for my taste. Also, I would have liked to see more interactions between Jordan and Rex, we are told they constantly exchange messages and I feel like that was an active part o
Connor
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
[3.5 Stars]
This is a very cute story, like the title would suggest. I think it could have benefited from showing the two main characters hanging out more so that we got to see how strong their connection is, outside of the book club. But I found myself smiling while reading the ending anyway, so there's that.

This book is written in third person close, but it kept jumping back and forth between the two characters without any indication that it's happening. I wish there were something like extra
Teal

DNF @ 3%, with extreme prejudice.

This author and I are not meant to be, and he goes right onto my No list. If I want to read explicit m/f sex scenes, I'll... I'll... I know what! I'll read an m/f romance. Yeah, that's the ticket!

But I don't. Want that. And I sure as hell don't want it in the m/m romance I read. What a way to start off a book.

😡
Bethany
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

Meet Cute Club is a funny, charming M/M opposites attract romance, plus meta love letter to the romance genre, a la The Bromance Book Club. It's a fun and often adorable love story, but also a refreshing offering that pushes back on traditional ideas of romance as a genre primarily written by white women for white women, including M/M romances. Meet Cute Club asserts that romance is and should be a genre for everyone, regardless of race, sexuality, or gender.

Jordan Colli
Norah Una Sumner
yes hi hello this sounds amazing i'm so excited

description
☀ Kat Nova ☀
This felt like reading fanfiction of a fandom that I'm not a part of, I'm sorry :(

*cries* I didn't even read that much, but I just have to dnf
My_Strange_Reading
DNF 35%. The characters were paper-thin. The writing was very juvenile in my opinion and there was just no depth/chemistry or real passion. I was disappointed because I have BINGING AWAY on chick-lit but this just really didn’t have any substance. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Alice (Married To Books)
So I read this on KU and was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it! A simple, sweet and at times, emotional read following book lover Jordan who runs his own romance book club from his house and on picking up books for the club, he meets new store employee Rex who at first is a little bit of a jerk. However, both of them soon learn that maybe there is some sweet chemistry there for them...

This is an ownvoices M/M Romance and definitely one of the better ones that I've been able to find. I lo
Ben Howard
Jun 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020, kindle
3.5*

Ths book was like it's title suggests; cute.

Jordan has a romance book club called "Meet Cute Club". Rex loves to get under Jordan's skin, calling the books he reads 'grandma books'.

The two have good banter. Rex joins the book club and the two begin to develope a relationship.

The ending was cute but it kind of came out of nowhere, with no explanation of how Rex pulled it off.

Interested in the next book, but it's not at the top of my list. I wonder who it'll follow?
K.
Trigger warnings: child neglect (in the past), shitty parenting, mentions of homophobia

I am deeply sad about this being a three star book for me, because Own Voices M/M romance adult books aren't easy to find in my experience and this sounded so stinking cute.

But unfortunately, this just didn't work for me. Part of the problem is that it's under 190 pages, and so the relationship didn't feel entirely authentic because they go from not knowing each other at all to OMG TOGETHER 4EVA in such a sho
Nev
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, lgbtqiap
Such an adorable romance. Jordan is determined to keep his romance book club going strong. When the new cashier at the bookstore insults his reading choices Jordan is furious. But when Rex decides to join the Meet Cute Club, sparks begin to fly between the two men.

This is mainly just a very sweet story about two guys falling in love and defending romance books. While there are a few steamy scenes, they aren’t really the focus of the book.

Because it’s such a short book I think that sometimes th
Tee
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Hi I love this story! It made me warm and happy and I can't wait for it's release so everyone else gets to feel warm and happy too!

A small town romance with a bookclub, sweet grandmas, and hot boys I really don't know what more we want out of this life??

I really enjoyed the dynamic between Jordan and Rex - it was lighthearted and filled with teasing that never felt out of line or borderline mean. They kind of just fit with each other and knew how to read the other and were supporting an
Ana
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 0kindle
This is fucking ADORABLE. Honestly the cutest damn book i have ever read. I loved the characters, especially their banter. I thought the dialogues were great. I laughed out loud several times and I also truly felt for Jordan. I loved the writing style. It was very predictable though, it uses a very common trope, but then again, what romance doesnt?? It was too short, i would have read 1000 pages about Jordan and his quirky personality and Rex’s sense of humor. Definitely the perfect book to take ...more
Nina
Jul 29, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
Overall, Meet Cute Club was a good book and I definitely enjoyed reading it. It had a lot of cute moments but unfortunately, also quite a few that were a bit boring and especially during the last 40% of the novel, I often started skimming passages because I just wasn't really invested in the story anymore. I also thought many of the things that happened were sadly quite predictable. Nevertheless, I liked the writing style and the characters and would definitely be interested in checking out some ...more
Mara
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: this-year
This totally deserves the word “cute” in the title. I had such a wonderfully light and happy reading experience with this one and only wish it could’ve been longer. Alas, I have a mighty urge to join a book club now haha
Christine
Jun 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A sweet mlm romance that is also a love letter to the romance genre.
N.C. Moon
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-releases
THIS IS SO CUTE I CAN'T

• I Wish You All the Best
  • Beastars Series Vol 1-3 Books Collection Set By Paru Itagaki
  • Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5)
  • The Gift: Home for Christmas / All I Want for Christmas
  • Dolce Con Brio
  • None of the Above
  • Lia's Guide to Winning the Lottery
  • Omega Replaced (Omega Reimagined, #5)
  • Dating-ish (Knitting in the City, #6)
  • Grip (Grip, #1)
  • After the Fall (The Fallen Men, #4)
  • Pika Omega Plus One (Shifter Towers, #3)
  • The Game Plan (Game On, #3)
  • To the Boys Who Wear Pink
  • Pet
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
  • My Favorite Half-Night Stand
  • Bachelor Boss (The Bachelors Club, #2)
Jack is your typical eccentric college student, writing stories much more interesting than his real life. If he's not writing, he's either reading books about magic girls, watching shows about blackmail and murder, or baking coconut macaroons. Follow him on Wattpad and Instagram @JackHarbon

Articles featuring this book

Talia Hibbert's newest book, Take a Hint, Dani Brown, arrives in U.S. stores on June 23. The novel is a follow-up to Get a Life, Chloe Brown,...
“Why live in the real world when I can be around much more interesting people in these books?” 3 likes
“you” 1 likes