Start by marking “Everything That Glitters (Velvet Thunder, #1)” as Want to Read:
Everything That Glitters (Velvet Thunder, #1)

Everything That Glitters (Velvet Thunder, #1)

A decade of playing local bars and festivals with my band is over.
Just like that.
Big break? More like broke up. Broken Thunder-- maybe the name was a sign.
Now I find myself at a crossroad, not ready to leave music behind.
An audition for the legendary band Reckless Fury, could change everything.
At least that's what I hope until I see who's calling the shots.
No names. One in
Published October 12th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Everything That Glitters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everything That Glitters

Start your review of Everything That Glitters (Velvet Thunder, #1)
"Avonna
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

3.5 Out of 5 Stars (Rounded Up)

EVERYTHING THAT GLITTERS (Velvet Thunder Book #1) by Emery Jacobs is the first book in a new Rockstar contemporary romance series.

Gracie is the daughter of the famous lead singer from Reckless Fury. She may not have inherited his musical talent, but she is great at the business and management side of the business. Her mother walked away when she was an infant, but her father devoted his life to his b
Sophie Koufes
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Everything That Glitters (Velvet Thunder Series #1) is a sensual read with sweet droplets dredged through this rockstar romance. With characters that you are drawn to and become fixated on. Taken by storm with the twist brought this novel to another stage. I'm looking forward to reading other books in this series when available.
Rachael Egan
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this story. I love that they both were affected by the first night and I could feel their chemistry. I like stories where they run back into each other months later or something like that. Like it’s meant to be. I liked that they were reasonable when resolving their issues for the most part. I loved seeing Ella Blue but wish we could have had another visit after she had her baby.
CK
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book. It was full of intense chemistry but it was also painful and full of angst. I inhaled this book and became addicted to gracie and slades story. And talk about some surprise twists and turns!
Jody
As a fan of rockstar romances I can never get enough of them which is what immediately drew me to this series starter. While reading it though I found an immensely appealing main couple teeming with sexual tension, a realistic depiction of the music world, along with a ton of emotional baggage...particularly coming from the heroine. Add in some unforgettable secondary characters (I'm looking at you Gunner!) and there's much to look forward to after turning the final page of this book.

Slade's alw
Tiffany Readz
Sexy Rocker Read

Emery Jacobs gives her readers quite the set up in the first book of the Velvet Thunder series. We focus on Gracie and Slade this time around, however it seems like all of our other players are introduced as well.

Slade has been trying to make it in the music business for ten long years. Never really rising to a level above small bars and when his band decides to give it up, Slade doesn't know what he's going to do. Drowning his sorrows at the bar, he happens to be there the same
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon

What happens when a one night stand you're never supposed to see again ends up in your band? If you're Grace, you fight the feelings tooth and nail because you have issues. If you're Slade, you do your best to get past her issues and show her you're not going anywhere. Who will win out? Grace with her abandonment issues or Slade with his persistence?

I knew who I was rooting for and I was glad he won out because Slade deserved all the happiness. This is a rockstar romance definitely
~lil maso~
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book just flew by. I really didn't realize that I read this book in a matter of hours. I haven't done that in a while. I love a great rockstar book but this wasn't a full-on superstar, money, and fame book, this is a book that shows you that everything isn't always perfect, you have struggles and downfalls, and that only at certain times dreams come true.

This book isn't only about the music. It's about abandonment and people letting you down and leaving you. How other people's actions affec
Melissa Mendoza
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing

"I can still smell him. Maybe it's his t-shirt or maybe his scent has woven itself into my skin."

5 Glittery Stars! Not your average rock star books... so refreshing!

Gracie is the daughter of a rock star and she's got severe trust issues from her past. Because of this be doesn't let anyone get too close and catch feelings for anyone. She meets Slade one night and they have one night of passion and that's it. Cut to six months later when Slade shows up to audition for Gracie'
kgagnon
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Sensual & Emotional Stars!
What a great start to the new Velvet Thunder series! I fell hard for this thrilling, sweet and sexy forbidden romance! Grace has been raised by her rockstar father and his band. She knows the industry from the inside out and was managing her own girl band before they all quit. She is at a crossroad and feeling low. Slade is a talented musician who is also without his band. They meet at a local bar when they are at their lowest, looking for a distraction. They have a
Donna
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it

This book just flew by. I really didn't realise that I read this book in a matter of hours. I haven't done that in a while. I love a great rockstar book but this wasn't a full on superstar, money and fame book, this is a book that shows you that everything isn't always perfect, you have struggles and downfalls and that only at certain times dreams come true.

This book isn't only about the music. It's about abandonment and people letting you down and leaving you. How other peoples actions eff
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Everything That Glitters is the start to the Velvet Thunder series, and I"m here for it all!  Granted, I haven't read as much rock star romance lately, but they were my jam so I've read a ton of them in the past, so hear me when I say, this story is an original type of rock star romance. Gracie is a girl who was raised by her famous rock star father, and his band, so the music scene is in her blood, though she wants to make it on her own.  She's having a bad night when she hooks up with this hot ...more
Rady Reads
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was another amazing work from Emery´s pen. It could be easily read as a standalone.
I love that her latest releases have to do with the music industry, which per se is a really difficult one. I loved everything in Gracie and Slade´s story but the twist... oh that twist......I haven´t seen it coming. It was simply the highlight of the book. It´s always some kind of dirt because everyone has skeletons in their closets, right? Find out for yourself.

Gracie is the daughter of a famous musici
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Gracie and Slade! I loved this story! At first it was a little slow to start but I loved the characters. I had read Ella and Leo’s story in My Blue so I had already been introduced to Gracie. This is definitely a stand-alone and My Blue doesn’t have to be read first to enjoy this one fully. Gracie was raised by her rockstar dad. I love their relationship! Slade was raised by his grandparents. They meet and one night after they part ways they never expect to see each other again...even though tha ...more
Jenifer Briggs
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was my first time reading this author, but as soon as I read the blurb and saw it was a rockstar romance I was all in!! Those are some of my guilty pleasure reads, but what I loved most about this book is that this *wasn't* The usual rockstar trope, and rather dealing with fame/groupies/drugs it delved into the human psyche of how abandonment and self destructing behaviors make you who you are today, and how all the crap you go through molds your every decision. I didn't expect this to be s ...more
Jackie Wright
Oct 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Everything that Glitters is book one in the new series Velvet Thunder, that being said it can certainly be read as a stand-alone, it’s the first book I have read by this author but it won’t be the last.
Gracie and Slade’s story is an emotional read as they fight their feelings and the chemistry they share, a couple besotted with each other need to fight their demons before they can find a HEA.
Gracie was raised by a rock-star single father and she struggles with her abandonment issues and now as
Kari Hansen
Oct 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Gracie was raised by her father who was a Rockstar and his best friend, so her upbringing was far from conventional and as a result she doesn’t allow many people close. She is a successful musician in her own right but when her band dissolved she felt alone and uncertain of what the future holds which is how she ends up spending one night with a sexy stranger and leaving before they can exchange any personal info.

When he was a child Slade didn’t have a lot of family, but he always had his music.
R Rais
Oct 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet n sexy, this new stand-alone from Emery Jacobs bring you Gracie and Slade's story in a rock-star romance.

Born and raise by a rock-star single father and his band mate, Gracie have abandonment issue with her mother walk away from her life since she's a baby and never look back.
Now, at 26 years old her only goal in life is to revive her own band to success.
But the pull Slade have on her is so strong, she must choose on her own happiness or her dream to make Velvet Thunder big?

Love the st
Janine Birt
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One part “the one night stand you can’t get over” + one part “sexy rockstar” + one part “we can’t because we work together” = a beautiful read.

Gracie and Slade’s story is sweetly emotional and exciting to read. As much as Gracie tries to keep the boundaries set and Slade tries to honour them, they still have chemistry that can only be resisted or so long.

But of course there is an issue when unshared past pain that is the root of trust problems comes to the surface.

Seeing Gracie deal with her
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
The story was well written and made me feel how much hurt and misery could be going on in someone’s life. I loved the connection between the main characters, the push and pull of them fighting their feelings, the struggle to control the want. The attraction sizzling between them was potent.

Gracie and Slade are completely besotted with each other, it’s like they can’t fight wanting to touch or be close. But, there are some emotional demons that need to be tamed before these two can be free to fa
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book in a new series and is Gracie and Slade’s story. Gracie has abandonment and trust issues after her mom left her as a baby and she was raised by her Rockstar dad who is amazing. Slade was in a band for 10-years and now it has come to an end. When these two meet they spend a night together and are not expecting to meet again, until 6-months later Slade arrives to audition for Gracie’s band. The chemistry between these two is intense, but can they keep things professional betwe ...more
Dusty Summerford (Reviews by Reds)
WARNING!! Everything That Glitters is not your typical Rockstar Romance!! It's Emery Jacob's spin on a Rockstar Romance, which will always have tons of heart, sizzling romance, fierce attraction, and characters that you'll love!

Gracie and Slade are no exception. Both are the ones that you truly love reading about. From the first time they "meet" you'll be invested! Emery has a way of truly connecting you with her characters, they almost feel like they're a couple you know in real life. They're
Erin Lewis
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review Everything That Glitters (Velvet Thunder #1) by Emery Jacobs

Emery Jacobs is a new author to me and I am surprised I have not come across her before. Everything That Glitters is a rock star romance and is Slade and Gracie’s story.
Gracie is the daughter of a rock star, however she is determined to make her own band Velvet Thunder a success and not ride his coattails. However all it takes is one night of passion to throw a spanner in the works.
Slade had no idea when he spent the nigh
Lisa   cheney
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was a good book. At first I was thinking oh man is this book going to pick up.... but when it did watch out. I was glad that I gave it the chance. Grace hasn't had the easiest of times. with her mom leaving her as a baby and her dad raising her while becoming a Rockstar. Slade had his own issues that he needs to work out, he's down on his luck but would this one night stand be the thing that turns it around for him? to say the push and pull between Slade and Grace is an understateme ...more
Comfy Couch Book Reviews
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rockstar-romance
I am always excited to find a new rock star romance series and a new author. I loved this hot and sexy romance between Slade and Gracie, whew it really burns up your kindle especially the opening few chapters.

Gracie's is the daughter of the lead singer of world famous band Reckless Fury and she grew up with the band as her family. She has no musical talent but knows the music business inside and out and works as a band manager. Gracie meets Slade in a bar she finds him arrogant, he calls her mea
Kelly
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved Gracie and Slade's story!! Everything That Glitters has everything you would want in a rockstar romance including chemistry, hot sex scenes, a little bit of drama plus the added bonus of a twist! I also have to mention that Gracie has the coolest dad ever and Dane is swoon worthy in his own right.

Gracie finds her own way in the music world outside of the shadows of her famous dad which leads her to Slade, who is in need of a new band. These two will keep you entertained and with Slade's
Jaime Seal
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gracie meets a guy at a bar at her dad’s show (he’s a rock star). She plans for a one night stand. No names, just sex. She slips out afterwards. However that night somewhat haunts her. Little did she know he looked for her afterwards. When they cross paths again, she learns her boy wonder as she coined him has a name....Slade. She felt that what they have between them as long as she can. Eventually they both give in, but will they survive the twist that I didn’t see coming? That’s all I’m giving ...more
Peggy Hogan
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've ever read by Emery Jacobs, and it definitely will not be the last! I was so impressed by the author's writing style and storytelling, that after only 10% through it, I went and downloaded some of her other books. I love a good rockstar romance, and this one gave me all the feels. I absolutely fell in love with Slade, and I loved him and Gracie together. I cannot wait to read Gunner and Gia's story. This one is definitely recommended!!

I received an ARC from the author,
Cindy Hughes
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Rockstar romance and this one was fantastic! I loved Gracie and Slade together! Their attraction was instant and their chemistry was sizzling! Everything That Glitters is a fun, sexy, emotional story with witty banter and a great storyline that captured my attention from the first page until the end. I couldn’t put it down! There are some twists and turns that will surprise you! If you like a great Rockstar romance, you’ll want to read Everything That Glitters. I’m sure you’ll love it too ...more
Chasity Williams
Great

Gracie was raised by a single father, he's the lead singer of Reckless Fury and now as a adult Gracie is the manager a band called Velvet Dolls. Slade is a musician, he was in a band called Broken Thunder but the band broke up. They meet on a bar one night they don't hit it off but end up having one hot night no strings. But what will happen when they cross paths again when Slade comes to a band audition she's having? Well these two get more than that one night? Will there be a HEA?

• Little Lies
  • Dark Notes
  • Falling for the Forbidden: 10 Full-Length Novels
  • Torn Apart (Torn and Bound Duet, #1)
  • Man in Charge (Man in Charge Duet, #1)
  • Prize (Omega Prey, #2)
  • Out of the Gold: Imagine Being Braxton Hunte's Daughter (The Hunte Family #3)
  • Dirty Judge (Dirty Series #4)
  • Wrecked Palace (The Wrecked Series, #3)
  • Copper (Royal Bastards MC: Tulsa, OK, #2)
  • Hot and Bothered
  • Holden's Resurrection (Gemini Group #6)
  • Piece by Piece (The Riggins Brothers #2)
  • Truth in Pieces
  • Cupcakes & Crumbs (Berry Lake Cupcake Posse, 1)
  • Chaos (Kings of Carnage MC, #1)
  • The Novice
  • Pyromancist (Seven Forbidden Arts, #1)

Emery grew up in Southern Arkansas and has lived most of her adult life in Northern Louisiana. She spends her days working as a Nurse Practitioner in rural health and her nights reading, writing, and occasionally sleeping.

She loves real life romance…lots of angst and heartbreak, but always a happy ending.

News & Interviews