Start by marking “Saving Rafe (Lords of Discord #2)” as Want to Read:
Saving Rafe (Lords of Discord #2)

Saving Rafe

(Lords of Discord #2)

Rafe Varik

The troublemaker. The risk taker. The sexy club owner full of wicked promises.

Rafe has devoted his immortal existence to pleasure and causing mischief.

The only ones who can depend on him are his brothers. Of course, that’s very much a Varik thing.

But when the leader of the Arsenault clan specifically requests Rafe’s help in tracking down a killer, he can’t say no

Published March 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Saving Rafe, please sign up.
Tammy At the end of this book the author said she was working on the next brothers story. 😁 For some reason before I thought it said there was only 2 books …moreAt the end of this book the author said she was working on the next brothers story. 😁 For some reason before I thought it said there was only 2 books in the series but I'm glad that was incorrect. (less)

Start your review of Saving Rafe (Lords of Discord #2)
Wendys Wycked Words

I really enjoyed the first book in this series "Claiming Marcus"  even though I found it a bit too fast-paced for my liking. Still, it was a nice read and I fell in love with all the background characters....such as Rafe. He was pretty great in the first book, and so I was really looking forward to finding out which man would bring this player to his knees.

https://www.google.com/search?q=this should be good gif

What I found out though, was that there was much more to Rafe then meets the eye. I never would have figured he was carrying around so much i
Nazanin
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 "Darkness To Your Golden Sunlight" Stars

When Rafe went to a meeting with Philippe (a clan leader), Philippe wasn’t at all what he had expected. Phillippe was young when he was turned to a vampire and then adding a couple of centuries but there was a weight to his power and Rafe wanted to know…

He wanted to know what was behind the worry clouding his lovely green eyes. He wanted to know more about the thinly masked power he could feel rippling from his handsome form. He simply wanted to know mor
Dia
3,5 stars

As much as I enjoyed the writing, I kind of expected more. I liked the story, don't get me wrong. I just didn't get to love it. It worked better for me than the first book, but I wanted more suspense and angst. Maybe it is wrong to expect too much. Maybe it's just me not feeling it.

This was Rafe's story, one of the 4 brothers and vampires in the Varik clan. He falls in love with another vampire. They were pretty hot together, but for some reason I needed much more. More angst, more act
Cadiva
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Just like book one, this is a high octane experience with plenty of excitement to keep the narrative rolling along.

Unlike Claiming Marcus though, both the MCs in this are vampires and we get to read along as the hedonistic twin Rafe Varik meets a man who turns his world upside down.

Even with a clear indication of who the bad guys were going to be, it didn't matter. The journey was enough to make this another quality paranormal romance from Jocelynn.

I loved Phillippe, his golden exterior a matc
Lyndy Ann ♫
5 Blush stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Another winner from Jocelynn Drake, off the top of my head I think this was my thirty second book by her, and they never get old.

Saving Rafe is the second book in her new paranormal series Lord of Discord, about the vampire Varik brothers.

Rafe is the mischievous, troublemaker, club owner who lives for pleasures and parties until he meets Phillippe Arsenault the clan leader who asks for his help.

I found Phillippe to be very shy considering he is older than Rafe and he is secret
Rachel Emily
OK, so I LOVE this series. If you're looking for some badass vampires, with excellent world building - their powers, their hierarchy, their own politics system, etc. and if you want a story with great, varied, real characters - you've got to get caught up on this series.

While I think this book could maybe be read as a standalone, I highly highly recommend you start with the first book of the series. You get to meet all the brothers, learn about their pasts, their different personalities, and ge
Deborah
Jun 09, 2020 rated it liked it

There’s a good book in here. I liked the characters and the story but...

Why is there always a but?

It’s slow.

The first half in particular is so drawn out. I really wanted to like it more. And I should have done but for so long it just wasn’t going anywhere.

Also it was so obvious who the villains were.

Hopefully Bel’s will be better.
haletostilinski
I absolutely adored this book. I am really loving this series.

This second book is about Rafe, second oldest (technically, being some minutes older than Bel) brother of the Varik family.

About a month or so after the events of the first book, when Marcus asks Rafe to be the one to meet with Philippe Arsenault, the head of the Arsenault clan, Rafe thinks it's ridiculous and that he's only good for partying, debauchery and sex, not politics. But he does it anyway, and when he meets Philippe there
Tammy
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 🌟's I love this family/clan 😁. I was thrilled when I found out at the end of this book the author said she was working on Bel's story 👏 This family is full of love and snark and they always have each others backs and I enjoyed the hell out of it! Philippe and Rafe were perfect for one another! ❤ ...more
Skirmish
Apr 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Book Reaction: https://neverhollowed.com/2020/04/28/...
Rating: 3.5 Stars – that place between like and love
W.
Rich Lore. Steamy. Action-Adventure.

Saving Rafe is an original, fast paced, hot AF , fun, MM story with a HFN/HEA. It is also, an awesome follow-up to Claiming Marcus, book 1 , in the Lords of Discord series.

I'm hooked to the lore and world-built around this series. I liked the little bit of dark, violent, raw and grittiness of it. These vampires definitely do not glitter in the sun. They're old school fierce, sexy and deadly blood drinkers.

This book focus on Rafe and Philippe's romance . Yet
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Ok.

Rafe Varik

The troublemaker. The risk taker. The sexy club owner full of wicked promises.

Rafe has devoted his immortal existence to pleasure and causing mischief.

That’s the beginning of the blurb. That is who I knew Rafe to be and that is mostly what I expected from his book.

I did not get that. At all really.

From the beginning this was a totally different Rafe and totally not at all what I expected.

Am I disappointed? A little. I wanted a little bit of the wild brother but what I ended up
Mirjam

Book two in the Lords of Discord Series is about Rafe, half of the twin Varik brothers and picks up right after Claiming Marcus.

The four brothers had always been close and eager to protect one another. No matter who or what they faced, no brother ever stood alone and vowed to uphold to that when they were turned to vampires.
Rafe Varik is the mischief of the family Rafe’s entire raison d’être was to feed, fuck, and party, but under his sarcastic and partying ways Rafe is full of self loathe, thi
Stephanie
May 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd book of the series and yes I read it out of order. Surprisingly, I didn't feel too lost. Everything that happened in the first book was explained in this one, but not in that annoying way that makes everything seem repetitious. It was nicely done.

I will say that this is a Insta-love/lust book and after reading the 1st book I think that this may be a theme for the series. The romance did not get me in this book. Nope, it was too quick and I wasn't feeling it. However, the family
True Loveislovereview
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, lgbtq, 2020, vampires
Rafe and Philippe

May 5, 1843

We did meet Rafe and his exceptional family already in book one. There is quite a story to tell about him. The transformation was wonderful to watch.

We make a jump to October 14, 2019

Being part of the Varik clan (Rafe prefers ‘family’) gives him great responsibility.
He has to talk to Philippe Arsenault, the leader of the clan. Both clans need an ally.
The Varik’s has a target on their back after they attacked and destroyed every member of the Black Wolf clan and th
Stellaria
3,5 stars!

I liked the second book of the series much more than the first one and the main reason is probably Rafe's character. We met him in the first book and I couldn't wait to see what's behind the playboy mask he wore all the time. To my surprise, there was much much more.

The author did a great job connecting the audience to Rafe. His devotion to his family, to his friends, and especially to Philippe's cause was heart-warming. It took me a while to warm up to Philippe's character, though. Hi
Liza
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This series is just so INTRIGUING! I love the world-building and the politics that are coming into play more with the clans and the families. Rafe's story is wonderful, giving us the mystery of the disappearances within the Arsenault clan and the secrets that Philippe is keeping as the head of the clan. The scenes with Rafe and Philippe were hot and wonderful and you could feel their connection. The secondary characters are also fascinating and I am excited to see where the rest of the series ta ...more
Gustaf
Jun 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
I liked this one so much more than I liked the first book in the series.

Rafe was intriguing in the first book but in this one we got to see a whole new side of him. He's full of doubt and love and he's fiercely loyal. So far, he's probably my favorite brother.

I'm still not a fan of the grittiness of it all, but I'm slowly coming around for it.
Beth
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This second book in The Lords of Discord series focuses on playboy brother Rafe. After the Varik family’s defeat of the Black Wolf clan in book one, the Ministry’s focus is on them, other clans are nervous and Rafe is bored with his club owner debauched lifestyle.

When a request comes in from the Arsenault clan for help in locating a missing clan member Rafe is dispatched to meet him as Marcus is busy dealing with the Ministry. Rafe is immediately intrigued by Phillipe Arsenault and the feeling i
Claudia
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt, m-m, paranormal, vampires
This is the second book in this series and in my opinion it makes sense to read them in order.

Rafe is an interesting character and Philippe is his match ... although there seems to be a bit of a change in his character during the book.
The story is well done and all in all I liked it better than the first book.
I was frustrated that the family was missing for a big part of the book. And although it is always said how important the family is for all of them, they all feel quite lonely and have a
Lois - Who Reads
This series is amazing! Okay, I am only on book 2, but I really enjoyed those books. The Arsenault clan has a problem and need the Varik’s help. The second Rafe and Phillippe meet, the sparks fly and for a little while they both try to avoid the inevitable. In working together, the two clans are brought together over a shared enemy. This story moves forward the intrigue between the clans and the politics of the vampires. I can’t wait to start Bel’s story!
Misty M
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, m-m, pnr, arc
SOOO not the book I was expecting, and while I feel some minor disappointment in that, I can appreciate that sometimes it’s better to get what we need instead of what we thought we wanted.

This Rafe was so much deeper and had so many layers to him, which made me love him so much more. Even though there was an element of instalove, it still worked for me because circumstances kept them from getting physical and allowed us to feel the stronger emotions developing.

The way this played out was so hea
Vicki
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-pnr
Rating : 4.5 stars.

This is well written vampire insta-love that flowed along at a great pace, with likeable and interesting characters, that kept me engaged and turning the pages.
The overall story arc from book 1 continues and this time Rafe is the brother whose heart is stolen by another.
Philippe is the leader of another clan and he requests help from Rafe when a clan member goes missing. They are pretty much instantly attracted to each other and there’s definitely lots of chemistry between
Joscelyn Smith
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved Rafe and Philippe, Rafe was such a great, multi-faceted character and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing him interact with Philippe. Their story is a great addition to the Lords of Discord series. The top-notch world building, great cast of secondary characters, and engaging storyline made this a very enjoyable read and at 350+ pages it still wasn't long enough.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the GRR team*
Katherine
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was amazing. I had tried the Ward Security series in the past, and hadn't enjoyed it, but this series was recommended fairly strongly so I thought I'd give it a chance.
I am very glad I did. It was fascinating, engaging, and I fell pretty much in love with the characters right away. I haven't read the first book in the series (I know, I'm a monster) but I absolutely will now and I eagerly await the next book in the series.
Rafe Varik is a playboy; running a series of clubs that cater to vampi
Jenny Wood
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am obsessed.

I was so so excited to see that Rafe was next. I was so enamored with him in Marcus’ story, I just knew that he was going to be my favorite. The careless playboy who took nothing seriously and enjoyed gaining all the wrong kind of attention… I just knew that there was something there, waiting for someone to come along to let it out. I think Bel and Winter are going to give him a run for his money because I’m so excited for them, but Rafe is hands down, my favorite so far!

A little
AshPenny37
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Saving Rafe is the second in the Lords of Discord series, following on from the events in Marcus and Ethan's story that threw the Varik family into the eye of the storm when another vampire clan attacked them. So the brothers are still dealing with an unstable political climate and thinking about affiliations with other clans.

Anyone who's read Jocelynn Drake's work in the Unbreakable Bonds and Ward Security series know she can write great action, so it doesn't detract from the reading experienc
Anabela.M.
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You know what I've noticed about Jocelynn Drake's vampires? That out of all this author's characters, they are the most prone to using sappy endearments, like "my dearest", "my love", or like in Rafe and Philippe's case, "mon amour" and "mon ange". I found it incredibly cute that vicious, top of the food chain creatures, could also be full on sweet on each other, looking adoringly into the other's eyes. That's not to say they're not also scorching hot every time they touch or get nekkid, they ab ...more
Susana
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
After more than a century being a rake, handsome Rafe Varik seems to have met his match… If only he could keep him at his side!
Rafe Varik lives up to his reputation as trouble maker… He lives life to the full, does not give a damn about rules and conventions, and lets his brothers deal with the consequences of his reckless actions… Until Marcus asks him to help the leader of the Arsenault clan, Philippe Arsenault. From the moment they meet, Rafe feels the need to protect the handsome
Leanne | Read Sweetly to Me
Well I know I loved this one because I stayed up late-late to finish it and that automatically makes it a 5-star in my eyes.

So this is book 2 in the Lords of Discord series, and honestly I skipped the first one because it didn't hold my attention and I just wanted to get to this one because Rafe just catches your attention and never lets go! There are so many layers to this vampire, on the outside he's a typical player, the man who always jokes around and doesn't take anything seriously. In this
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Origin (Scales 'N' Spells, #1)
  • Breath (Scales 'N' Spells #2)
  • Blood (Scales 'N' Spells, #3)
  • Wish (Scales 'N' Spells #2.5)
  • Thayer (The Brinnswick Chronicles #1)
  • Finding Finley
  • Basil (The Brinnswick Chronicles #3)
  • The Best Friend (Red's Tavern, #1)
  • Captivating (Elite Protection Services, #2)
  • Nikolai (The Brinnswick Chronicles #2)
  • Back in Black (McGinnis Investigations, #1)
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • Silent Heart (Search and Rescue, #2)
  • Liberating Love (Interlocking Fragments, #3)
  • Virtually Screwed (Love & Luck, #2)
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • Project Hero
  • Without a Trace (Lancaster Falls Trilogy, #2)
See top shelves…
New York Times Bestselling author Jocelynn Drake loves a good story, whether she is reading it or writing one of her own. Over the years, her stories have allowed her to explore space, talk to dragons, dodge bullets with assassins, hang with vampires, and fall in love again and again.

This former Kentucky girl has moved up, down, and across the U.S. with her husband. Recently, they’ve settled near

Lords of Discord (5 books)
  • Claiming Marcus (Lords of Discord, #1)
  • Waking Bel (Lords of Discord, #3)
  • Embracing Winter (Lords of Discord, #4)
  • Healing Aiden (Lords of Discord #5)