Start by marking “Saving Rafe (Lords of Discord #2)” as Want to Read:
Saving Rafe (Lords of Discord #2)

Saving Rafe

(Lords of Discord #2)

Rafe Varik

The troublemaker. The risk taker. The sexy club owner full of wicked promises.

Rafe has devoted his immortal existence to pleasure and causing mischief.

The only ones who can depend on him are his brothers. Of course, thats very much a Varik thing.

But when the leader of the Arsenault clan specifically requests Rafes help in tracking down a killer, he cant say no.

Published March 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Saving Rafe, please sign up.
Tammy At the end of this book the author said she was working on the next brothers story. 😁 For some reason before I thought it said there was only 2 books…moreAt the end of this book the author said she was working on the next brothers story. 😁 For some reason before I thought it said there was only 2 books in the series but I'm glad that was incorrect. (less)

Start your review of Saving Rafe (Lords of Discord #2)
Wendy

I really enjoyed the first book in this series "Claiming Marcus"  even though I found it a bit too fast-paced for my liking. Still, it was a nice read and I fell in love with all the background characters....such as Rafe. He was pretty great in the first book, and so I was really looking forward to finding out which man would bring this player to his knees.

https://www.google.com/search?q=this should be good gif

What I found out though, was that there was much more to Rafe then meets the eye. I never would have figured he was carrying around so much
Nazanin
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 "Darkness To Your Golden Sunlight" Stars

When Rafe went to a meeting with Philippe (a clan leader), Philippe wasnt at all what he had expected. Phillippe was young when he was turned to a vampire and then adding a couple of centuries but there was a weight to his power and Rafe wanted to know

He wanted to know what was behind the worry clouding his lovely green eyes. He wanted to know more about the thinly masked power he could feel rippling from his handsome form. He simply wanted to know more
Dia
3,5 stars

As much as I enjoyed the writing, I kind of expected more. I liked the story, don't get me wrong. I just didn't get to love it. It worked better for me than the first book, but I wanted more suspense and angst. Maybe it is wrong to expect too much. Maybe it's just me not feeling it.

This was Rafe's story, one of the 4 brothers and vampires in the Varik clan. He falls in love with another vampire. They were pretty hot together, but for some reason I needed much more. More angst, more
Cadiva
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Just like book one, this is a high octane experience with plenty of excitement to keep the narrative rolling along.

Unlike Claiming Marcus though, both the MCs in this are vampires and we get to read along as the hedonistic twin Rafe Varik meets a man who turns his world upside down.

Even with a clear indication of who the bad guys were going to be, it didn't matter. The journey was enough to make this another quality paranormal romance from Jocelynn.

I loved Phillippe, his golden exterior a
Lyndy Ann ♫
💕💕💕💕 5 Blush stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Another winner from Jocelynn Drake, off the top of my head I think this was my thirty second book by her, and they never get old.

Saving Rafe is the second book in her new paranormal series Lord of Discord, about the vampire Varik brothers.

Rafe is the mischievous, troublemaker, club owner who lives for pleasures and parties until he meets Phillippe Arsenault the clan leader who asks for his help.

I found Phillippe to be very shy considering he is older than Rafe and he is
haletostilinski
I absolutely adored this book. I am really loving this series.

This second book is about Rafe, second oldest (technically, being some minutes older than Bel) brother of the Varik family.

About a month or so after the events of the first book, when Marcus asks Rafe to be the one to meet with Philippe Arsenault, the head of the Arsenault clan, Rafe thinks it's ridiculous and that he's only good for partying, debauchery and sex, not politics. But he does it anyway, and when he meets Philippe there
W.
Rich Lore. Steamy. Action-Adventure.

Saving Rafe is an original, fast paced, hot AF , fun, MM story with a HFN/HEA. It is also, an awesome follow-up to Claiming Marcus, book 1 , in the Lords of Discord series.

I'm hooked to the lore and world-built around this series. I liked the little bit of dark, violent, raw and grittiness of it. These vampires definitely do not glitter in the sun. They're old school fierce, sexy and deadly blood drinkers.

This book focus on Rafe and Philippe's romance .
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Ok.

Rafe Varik

The troublemaker. The risk taker. The sexy club owner full of wicked promises.

Rafe has devoted his immortal existence to pleasure and causing mischief.

Thats the beginning of the blurb. That is who I knew Rafe to be and that is mostly what I expected from his book.

I did not get that. At all really.

From the beginning this was a totally different Rafe and totally not at all what I expected.

Am I disappointed? A little. I wanted a little bit of the wild brother but what I ended up
Rachel Emily
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OK, so I LOVE this series. If you're looking for some badass vampires, with excellent world building - their powers, their hierarchy, their own politics system, etc. and if you want a story with great, varied, real characters - you've got to get caught up on this series.

While I think this book could maybe be read as a standalone, I highly highly recommend you start with the first book of the series. You get to meet all the brothers, learn about their pasts, their different personalities, and
Mirjam

Book two in the Lords of Discord Series is about Rafe, half of the twin Varik brothers and picks up right after Claiming Marcus.

The four brothers had always been close and eager to protect one another. No matter who or what they faced, no brother ever stood alone and vowed to uphold to that when they were turned to vampires.
Rafe Varik is the mischief of the family Rafes entire raison dêtre was to feed, fuck, and party, but under his sarcastic and partying ways Rafe is full of self loathe,
Beth
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This second book in The Lords of Discord series focuses on playboy brother Rafe. After the Varik familys defeat of the Black Wolf clan in book one, the Ministrys focus is on them, other clans are nervous and Rafe is bored with his club owner debauched lifestyle.

When a request comes in from the Arsenault clan for help in locating a missing clan member Rafe is dispatched to meet him as Marcus is busy dealing with the Ministry. Rafe is immediately intrigued by Phillipe Arsenault and the feeling is
Misty M
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, m-m, pnr, arc
SOOO not the book I was expecting, and while I feel some minor disappointment in that, I can appreciate that sometimes its better to get what we need instead of what we thought we wanted.

This Rafe was so much deeper and had so many layers to him, which made me love him so much more. Even though there was an element of instalove, it still worked for me because circumstances kept them from getting physical and allowed us to feel the stronger emotions developing.

The way this played out was so
Joscelyn Smith
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved Rafe and Philippe, Rafe was such a great, multi-faceted character and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing him interact with Philippe. Their story is a great addition to the Lords of Discord series. The top-notch world building, great cast of secondary characters, and engaging storyline made this a very enjoyable read and at 350+ pages it still wasn't long enough.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the GRR team*
Katherine
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was amazing. I had tried the Ward Security series in the past, and hadn't enjoyed it, but this series was recommended fairly strongly so I thought I'd give it a chance.
I am very glad I did. It was fascinating, engaging, and I fell pretty much in love with the characters right away. I haven't read the first book in the series (I know, I'm a monster) but I absolutely will now and I eagerly await the next book in the series.
Rafe Varik is a playboy; running a series of clubs that cater to
Vicki
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-pnr
Rating : 4.5 stars.

This is well written vampire insta-love that flowed along at a great pace, with likeable and interesting characters, that kept me engaged and turning the pages.
The overall story arc from book 1 continues and this time Rafe is the brother whose heart is stolen by another.
Philippe is the leader of another clan and he requests help from Rafe when a clan member goes missing. They are pretty much instantly attracted to each other and theres definitely lots of chemistry between
Jenny Wood
I am obsessed.

I was so so excited to see that Rafe was next. I was so enamored with him in Marcus story, I just knew that he was going to be my favorite. The careless playboy who took nothing seriously and enjoyed gaining all the wrong kind of attention I just knew that there was something there, waiting for someone to come along to let it out. I think Bel and Winter are going to give him a run for his money because Im so excited for them, but Rafe is hands down, my favorite so far!

A little
AshPenny37
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Saving Rafe is the second in the Lords of Discord series, following on from the events in Marcus and Ethan's story that threw the Varik family into the eye of the storm when another vampire clan attacked them. So the brothers are still dealing with an unstable political climate and thinking about affiliations with other clans.

Anyone who's read Jocelynn Drake's work in the Unbreakable Bonds and Ward Security series know she can write great action, so it doesn't detract from the reading
Anabela.M.
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You know what I've noticed about Jocelynn Drake's vampires? That out of all this author's characters, they are the most prone to using sappy endearments, like "my dearest", "my love", or like in Rafe and Philippe's case, "mon amour" and "mon ange". I found it incredibly cute that vicious, top of the food chain creatures, could also be full on sweet on each other, looking adoringly into the other's eyes. That's not to say they're not also scorching hot every time they touch or get nekkid, they ...more
Susana
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
After more than a century being a rake, handsome Rafe Varik seems to have met his match If only he could keep him at his side!
Rafe Varik lives up to his reputation as trouble maker He lives life to the full, does not give a damn about rules and conventions, and lets his brothers deal with the consequences of his reckless actions Until Marcus asks him to help the leader of the Arsenault clan, Philippe Arsenault. From the moment they meet, Rafe feels the need to protect the handsome
Rachel
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING! Love this Universe; Rafe and Philippe are fantastic! Rafe is bold, sexy and wild from the moment we met him and I wanted to know more. Rafe has so many deep layers and emotions that come into play more when he meets Philippe. I LOVE Philippe who is mysterious, adorable and full of surprises. These two have a epic chemistry and with each touch you can feel the desire and heat between them. The plot is full of twist and turns and the vampire world is closing in on the Varik's. Plus some ...more
Susan
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of Saving Rafe by Jocelynn Drake via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review. I reread Claiming Marcus in anticipation of the new book in the series, so it was fresh in my mind. It made me notice some changes from the first book to the second. They were nothing that damaged the narrative of Saving Rafe but noticeable nonetheless. I enjoyed seeing more sides to Rafes personality and how his devotion to his brothers translates to the situation he finds ...more
Becky Schweitzer
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq
YESSSS! Ok I love this author and love vampires but was slightly disappointed by the first book in this series...it wasn't bad it just moved too quickly. However THIS BOOK was PERFECT!!! This was everything i needed it to be. More backstory on the Variks, more time between Rafe and Phillippe before they realize and accept what they have. It burns super hot but they dont just jump in bed or declare their everlasting love right away. I really loved this book and it absolutely has me wanting book 3 ...more
Celine
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book

This was a great second book in the series and Rafe stole my heart.

It was so good to see a different side of him than what we get to see in the first book.
That man is full of doubt, love and trust.

I quite liked Philippe, how he was with Rafe and people around them. He is a heart of gold with some traits that are unexpected (and hot).

Their relationship was great to read, I loved how things develop between them.

The plot was very interesting. Playing of some of the events from the
Angie Juarez
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My dearest Rafe who uses mischief to cover his big beautiful heart. And Philippe who sees right through him and has a beautiful giving heart to match. Ms Drake continues to make me fall in love with the Varik Family (blood and chosen). I was hooked from beginning to end with this awesome story that was packed with action, steam (so hot), humor and love. It definitely lives up to the first book, Claiming Marcus (which I also highly recommend). I can't wait for the next brother's story to be told ...more
Valerie
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read in the Lords of Discord series and I have to say although the book is too short, the world building in this series and the characters in it are spectacular. Rafe and Philippe scorch the pages when they are together and despite the light angst, the book was a great read and I can't wait to read the first one in the series as well as the continuation. Highly recommended!
DeWanda
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ku2020

5* I enjoyed this story as much as I did first. In the first book it seemed there was more to Rafe, happy to see I was correct. Phillippe is a good match for him. The wildness and mischief are still there but you also see calm and nurturing side. I really want to know The Wee Ones secrets. Beltran should be interesting.
Audrey Pott
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I couldnt wait for Rafes story and this storyline didnt disappoint I love Jocelynns writing style her Unbreakable series were out of this world and this series is looking that way too. You have some angst, humour and hot sensual intimate scenes between Rafe and Philippe this was a must read.

I voluntarily reviewed an arc of this book for my honest opinions of which Im under no obligation to do so. I definitely recommend this book and cant wait for the next story.
Cee Perkins
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved it

Philippe is a great balance to Rafe and I adored their story. I cant wait for Bel and Winters stories and I hope Aiden gets a book as well!
Cassiddy
Amazing!

I loved this book!! This series is so good! I cant wait for the next ones! This story line kept you from start to finish with such sweet love story!
Anne Barwell
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I got hooked on this series with book 1, and loved Rafe and Philippes story.

The world building is fabulous, and I like the slightly different take on vampires, with each vampire having a power once theyve turned. I also enjoy stories which are very political in their world building and this one ticks all those boxes too.

I loved Rafe and Philippe, and their developing friendship and romance. They complement each other well, and I liked how they fill the emptiness in each others lives. I also
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Prince and His Captivating Carpenter (Paranormal Princes, #2)
  • Ex Meridian (Nothing Special, #7)
  • More Than Life
  • Foreseen: Lex (The Four #2)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Familiar Beginnings (Happy Endings, #2)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Giving Chase (Havenwood #1)
  • Zero Divergence (Zero Hour, #3)
  • Throwing Hearts
  • The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • Need for Speed (The Elite, #2)
  • Wolf Found (The Wolves of Kismet, #2)
  • Mack's Perfectly Ghastly Homecoming (Mack's Marvelous Manifestations, #2)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Magpie (Forbidden Desires Spin-Off #2)
It started with a battered notebook. Jocelynn Drake wrote her first story when she was 12 years old. It was a retelling of Robin Hood that now included a kickass female who could keep up with all the boys and be more than just a sad little love interest. From there, she explored space, talked to dragons, and fell in love again and again and again.

This former Kentucky girl has moved up, down, and

Lords of Discord (2 books)
  • Claiming Marcus (Lords of Discord, #1)