Start by marking “Fleabag: Scriptures” as Want to Read:
Fleabag: Scriptures

Fleabag: Scriptures

Fleabag: Scriptures includes new writing from Phoebe Waller-Bridge alongside the filming scripts and the never-before-seen stage directions from the award-winning series.
Hardcover, First Edition, 368 pages
Published November 26th 2019 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about Fleabag, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fleabag

Start your review of Fleabag: Scriptures
Kai
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, queer
this is the only holy scripture I accept
Rachel (rachandbooks)
*Looks at camera* This is a masterpiece.
Sacha
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing. Stunning. Brilliant. Breathtaking. Spectacular. Perfect. Incredible. Legendary. Iconic. Unique. The voice of a generation.
Simon
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, 2019, play
The only person I'd run through an airport for is you
Though Fleabag is about so much, what I probably adore most of all is the show's depiction of sisterhood. Just a perfect show/play/human being.
Lauren James
A beautifully presented hardback copy of the scripts for the TV series. Really useful if you're interested in screenplays. I would have liked more additional notes though.
Stavroulam
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
PWB had neither reason no right to be all up in my business like this

Nothing has made me feel more than this show. This is a show. Watch this show. The scriptures is a very fitting name for this, my comedy bible forever and ever amen. It has a tiny guinea pig and a fox on it. The perfect way to cleanse my brain heart and soul from those goddawful romance novels.

Claire: Putting pine nuts on your salad doesn't make you a grown-up.
Fleabag, to camera: Fucking does.
Pete
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Phoebe Waller-Bridge can do no wrong.
Hara
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i dont carry a vagina around with me, that would be way too provocative.
Trace
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m so happy that this was my first book of 2020. Reliving the series through the screenplay gave me so much joy. Loved it. Now I’m going to watch the series again. #thatpriest
“CLAIRE: [TO FLEABAG] THE ONLY PERSON I'D RUN THROUGH AN AIRPORT FOR IS YOU.”
Nadine Gehtdinixan
really fuckin love Phoebe Waller-Bridge
Robin
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
the bonus content was a bit disappointing (it was like 5 pages), and while the script forge show was good, I don’t think this is quite worth the money (it was a Christmas present luckily)
Siobhán
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"This is a love story."

I love Fleabag. I didn't love the first season, but the second season was superb and now I can also appreciate the first season, despite its crassness.

The scriptures are basically the scripts plus some extras at the end. I loved rereading it, being able to appreciate the dialogues and also finding little funny bits that I didn't see before. I love that the Hot Priest can see Fleabag talking to the camera / us, or that the lawyer is called Hot Misogynist.

Fleabag is witty,
Brandon Forsyth
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Phoebe Waller-Bridge won 2019. That’s undebatable. One thing that’s become clear to me from reading both the play and these scripts, though, is just how much she adds as a performer to the written material. Fleabag doesn’t jump off the page quite the same way she does in the show. It’s still brilliant work, but these are basically transcriptions of the shows (although there are a few moments where I felt I gained something from the written scripts that I didn’t fully get from the show), with a ...more
Gretchen Alice
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've often wished I could get Goodreads credit for finishing a tv series, so now I have one more reason to be grateful for Phoebe Waller-Bridge. This collection (delightfully designed) includes the scripts for the first and second seasons of the show. I loved getting to revisit Fleabag and Claire and the Priest (there's no hot in his name, but the internet rightfully doesn't care).
There are a couple of short interview-type things in the back, but I'll be honest...I skipped those. I think
Varvara
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-english, 2020
I've never read scripts before, so I thought it would be a bit boring to read an almost word-to-word script of a show I'd watched several times.
Boy was I wrong.
It was like hallucinating the whole show in my head, but this time I could stop, take the favourite bits slow, reread the favourite lines several times, and enjoy it even more (which I thought was quite impossible).
By the way, the edition is gorgeous; the biblical font, the colours, and the "Write like you're not afraid" last page.
I was
Talia
Jan 25, 2020 added it
I would have liked more notes and insights from Phoebe Waller-Bridge on the pages of the scripts themselves, but this was still a fun read!
Kayla Leitschuh
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*For Adult Readers*
Cassandra Christine
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i re-read the scene between fleabag and the bank manager at the silent retreat over and over
Evan Foster
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Don’t get me wrong, the writing for this show is out of this world brilliance. I guess I was expecting a bit more commentary on what PWB was thinking at the time, why she made certain choices. Very little of that. Fans of the show (of which I’m certainly one) should still get a kick out of this, though.
Caitlin
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the show/ scripts, but I thought there would be more additional content in the book :/
Lucy Pettigrew
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Of course I was going to give this five stars because I love this show so much I’m going to have to rewatch it now because this has made me fall in love with it all over again miss PWB I love u ...more
Cindel Van Der Valk
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! I loved every line.
I haven't seen the show yet, just some trailers, but reading the scriptures made me almost see it.
Christie Menzo
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfection. Hilarious. Poignant. Couldn't put it down. SO relatable as a woman...and human being.

This would be my one book on a desert island.
Daniel Sevitt
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: plays-scripts
I was just not ready to let this go yet. Having read the original play monologue, I still jumped at the chance to own the shooting scripts for both series and see the TV beats on the page. It doesn’t disappoint. It’s all there in its chaotic infamy. Fleabag is broken but never without possibilities. Things that I had forgotten from the show are now available to me on the shelf from Claire using Fleabag as an excuse not to go to Finland to the evil Godmother’s explosion after the Hot Priest begs ...more
Mimi
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5/5

PWB is a goddess. Longer review to come.
Arpita Das, the hundred-eyed human
Yes, I forced myself NOT to watch the series before I read PWB's works. Did it physically hurt? YES I was about to cut anyone's fingers and probably toes off, if they dared to spoil me.

Am I Glad? Absolutely fucking yes.

FLEABAG IS A MASTERPIECE.

P.S. I love Killing Eve.
Katie
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I mean, it's just the teleplay to every episode but it really further illustrates the point that the writing is fantastic.
Hollie
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I laughed, I loved, and devoured every page of this script. Fucking fantastic.
Mary Mithrilil
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Off to a great start of this year's (extremely) ambitious challenge.
description
Charlotte Lively
MARRY ME PHOEBE
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Troop
  • How to Be a Bawse: A Guide to Conquering Life
  • The Ersatz Elevator (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #6)
  • The Land Before Avocado
  • The Age of Miracles
  • A Raisin in the Sun
  • A Long Way Down
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • See What I Have Done
  • Little Weirds
  • Night Watch (Discworld, #29; City Watch, #6)
  • دلباختگی
  • The Confession
  • Some Hope (Patrick Melrose, #3)
  • Souveraineté du vide. Lettres d'or
  • This Is Not My Hat
  • I Want My Hat Back
  • The Lottery
Phoebe Mary Waller-Bridge (born 14 July 1985) is an English actress and writer. She is best known for creating, writing and starring in the comedy-drama series Crashing (2016) and Fleabag (2016–19), for which she won the BAFTA TV Award for Best Female Comedy Performance, and for developing and writing the first season of BBC America drama Killing Eve, based on novels by Luke Jennings.