Welcome! It looks like you still need
to set up your Goodreads account.
Start by marking “Bird Hugs” as Want to Read:
Bird Hugs

Bird Hugs

Bernard isn’t like other birds. His wings are impossibly long, and try as he might, he just can’t seem to fly. He’s left wondering what his wings are good for…if they’re even good for anything at all. But a chance encounter with a dejected orangutan leads Bernard to a surprising discovery: that maybe what makes him different is actually something to be embraced.
Published February 1st 2020 by Two Lions

Start your review of Bird Hugs
Paula
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was so sweet. Bernard is a bird whose wings are too long and he cannot fly. He thinks his wings are useless and goes off on his own till one day he discovers that his wings may have a wonderful use after all. This story was just too cute. I loved Bernard and thought he was so adorable and I really felt for him. This picture book had lovely illustrations and delivered a wonderful positive message by its ending.
Emma
Shelves: childrns
Cute story about differences and how friends are important.
Books on Stereo
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A cute, affirmative tale of realizing ones self-worth.
Bea
The artwork is good, though too pastel for my taste. Bernard struggles with being different and with overcoming a perceived lack on his part. Not everything works out as he wanted and realizes that's okay. It's a sweet story, and not too heavy handed with its message of learning to accept yourself.
Book2Dragon
What a delightful and important children's book. Anyone who has ever felt different (who hasn't?) will feel better after reading this book or having it read to them. Made me feel warm and fuzzy all over. If your child has just started school, or just moved and has to make new friends, or is different from other children in ANY way, get this book for them. Promise it is a positive influence.
Somia
3.5 COSY STARS

Great reminder for kids and adults that it's our differences that make us special. Plus the book highlights how awesome hugs are.

Nice illustrations, with a good colour scheme. A short little morsel for kids

Freebie on amazon 27th January 2020.
MA
Shelves: 2020, popsugar-2020
2020 prompt / a book with a bird on the cover
Dustin Heath
Fun book, kindle formatting awkward

Portrait and Landscape differences create awkward reading experience on kindle. You have to turn the tablet several times which is fine in regular print but awkward on tablet.
KC
Sweet story of a bird with wings too long to fly but eventually finds a new use for them.
Zoe
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gorgeous illustrations with a great message for young children.
Charles Reed
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
that book was awesome!

i LOVE this book! banard made new FRIENDS!he couldn't fly..he had help from his good bird friends that can fly!

Chris
Shelves: fiction
That's very cute. I want a hug, too.
Toni
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is an adorable book about a bird born with wings that are too long, and how he overcomes this "handicap" by using it for other wonderful purposes.
He ends up making other animals happy and making lots of new friends. The new friends surprise Bernard with a little thank you ride.
Everyone helps each other. Very well done. Not overly cutesy.

One typo on page 12, where orangutan stands up to stretch.
the word That is expressed as That's, where there is no possessive noun. It should just be
Ashleigh
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The kids give this 5 stars

Great story about being different and how rewarding that can be. Bernard the bird cant fly and feels sad that his friends can. He learns that he has other valuable talents.
Beth
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
i got this as a "kindle first" i think that is what it is called ...very time it is time to do a review for that kind of read ... u have to have Prime and you get 2 each month ... any who .. loved it ...great read. great cover. made me smile ... hugs all around ... so awesome! check it out. comes out Feb 1, 2020. fun read. awesome illustrations!!!
Medeia Sharif
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bird Hugs is a story of a bird whose wings are too long; therefore, he can’t fly. This anomaly turns into an advantage for him and all the other animals around him. I got this ebook as an Amazon First Reads selection and I’m so glad I did.
Lynn
Story Needs Work

The story is awkward and not very interesting or believable even in its own milieu. I would suggest going back to the drawing board and writing an engaging story people would love. But. I love the illustrations! Get that artist another book to illustrate! Beautiful!
Angela Massengale
Very sweet

Wonderful read for those children that may feel different and don't know what to do with those feelings. Great for little ones, to teach the power of positivity and looking for the good in any situation.
classic reverie
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2000, own
I saw this on Amazon Free First books and the cover attracted this middle age woman. This is beautifully illustrated and has a great message for kids, to accept themselves despite being unique and use it to the advantage of self and others.
Marcell Spohn
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice story

A nice story too help children accept themselves as they are. Being different can be an asset. Don't give up. The drawings/pictures are ok.
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My six year old loved the story. I enjoyed the artwork.
danielle hippman
So good

This is a good book for learning. Just because your different doesn't make you weird and the author does it in a way that shows being kind is the best way to live!
Katherine Harkness
Overcoming Difficulties

The illustrations are beautiful. The story is a delightful story of how important friendships are when you think you are different.
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed it

Sometimes helping others helps you too. Friends are a priceless gift. Good story and message. I can't wait to share it with my little one tonight.
Cyndy Michel
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

I found The message was very good. The story however, was just good. All that said this is a book people must read.
DIANE DAVID
Adorable

I loved the message of this book. I think the graphics could be better. It was a very sweet story and inspiring.
cherubEagleEyes
Lovely book, nice sketches, good meaning

Real sweet book showing the true meaning of friendship. Drawings are very sweet and colourful. Young children will adore this
Mary Kate
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Feel Good Book!!

Having a bad day? Feeling useless, that you can’t do anything right? Let Bernard, the strangest bird I’ve ever heard of, turn your frown upside down. Can’t help but smile after reading this book.
Mary Andres
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant story about someone “different”.

Bernard finds his gift when he accepts his limitations. Beautiful artwork and colorful creatures. When the friends return the favor, it is a great outcome and testimony of “getting by with a little help from my friends”.
Keira
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Such an amazing message, and beautiful art!

spoiler: (view spoiler)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Naughty Ninja Takes a Bath
  • This Book Is Gray
  • World So Wide
  • A Tiger Like Me
  • Scribble Stones
  • Pirates Don't Go to Kindergarten!
  • Along the Tapajós
  • My Triceratops Won't Wash
  • Spiky
  • Sticks
  • Snail Crossing
  • The Deep and Snowy Wood
  • Rosie the Dragon and Charlie Make Waves
  • Sam The Speedy Sloth: A children’s book about acceptance and self-confidence
  • Never Let A Unicorn Get Spots!
  • Sammy Needs a Hug (Sammy Bird Series)
  • Macca the Alpaca