Start by marking “Girls Save the World in This One” as Want to Read:

Girls Save the World in This One

Shaun of the Dead meets Clueless in this hilarious YA horror comedy set at a local zombie convention—featuring a teenage girl gang that has to save the world from a horde of actual zombies. Perfect for fans of Geekerella, Undead Girl Gang, and Anna and the Apocalypse.

June’s whole life has been leading up to this: ZombieCon, the fan convention celebrating all things
Expected publication: April 14th 2020 by Philomel Books

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Apr 14, 2020
    Enter to win an advance copy of GIRLS SAVE THE WORLD IN THIS ONE by Ash Parsons!

(No PO boxes please)

Shaun of the Dead meets Clueless in this hilarious

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 1718 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Feb 14 - Mar 13, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Girls Save the World in This One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girls Save the World in This One

Start your review of Girls Save the World in This One
    Tucker
    Aug 27, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
    omg, it's a feminist zom-com..
    someone give this book to me before i explode with desire
    Sara (A Gingerly Review)
    Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: 2020, physical-2020
    Now this was where I parked my car.

What a fun read! I have so many thoughts & feels about this one... I'll take a few moments to gather my thoughts & draft a review.

rachel ☾
    ... hilarious YA horror comedy set at a local zombie convention—featuring a teenage girl gang that has to save the world from a horde of actual zombies.
    Sacha
    Jan 21, 2020 added it
    Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this arc, which I received in exchange for an honest review. I'll post that review upon publication.
    Read by Coco ✨
    Jan 08, 2020 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: newrelease2020
    "Shaun of the Dead meets Clueless"

description
    Vanessa
    Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I am in love with this book! I don't get to say that too often. But this book was a rollercoaster ride of action and daring. First off I liked the cover. It was cute. Colorful. Showed three badass looking girls on the cover. You'll enjoy this book if zombies and friendship is your thing.
    Once I started to read the book I really couldnt put it down. I hat to force myself to step away in order to do what I needed (like eat) but then I'd come back again. Finished it in about 4 days since I had lots
    Gulsah
    Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
    Read to Review in SLJ
    Vee_Bookish
    Oct 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
    zombies? gangs of girls kicking ass?

SIGN ME THE HECK UP
    Heather Jones
    Thank you to Philomel, for giving me a digital galley of this book in exchange for my feedback.

I'm going to be completely honest with you, book review readers: I haven't watched "The Walking Dead." It sounded really good, I knew a lot of people whose opinions I respect loved it, but I watched one episode, got to the bit about the horse, and noped right out. So I'm pretty sure that there are levels of this book that whooshed right past me.

With that said... I really enjoyed "Girls Save the World
    Vinny —.:* Artsy Draft
    Thank you Philomel Books for providing me with a review copy in exchange for an honest review.

Josephine
    Jan 30, 2020 rated it liked it
    Shelves: newbery-2021

This story didn’t work for me. I must admit I am not a teen reader but I review many many YA and MS level books that I greatly enjoy. And I do like watching “The Walking Dead." This fact is one of the reasons I requested this title. The TV show is more about people and relationships than about zombies. but there is still a lot of grossness.

June and her friends, have saved up every penny to go to a huge zombie convention, with panels and merchandise and, best of all, appearances by the stars of
    Carrie
    Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: teens, first-reads
    Many thanks to NetGalley for the chance to read this book!

The friendship between the girls reminded me of characters written by Claire LaZebnik and Lisa Lutz. These girls were strong and resourceful and supportive of each other...lovely...I liked the way June looks at the world. Also, Janet O'Shea was a bada**!
    Tim Wadham
    This book would make a fantastic movie. In fact, the book itself reads like a movie. So much so, that a screenwriter would merely have to reformat the text to write the screenplay. I want that job! I do love the plotting, the way all the beats pay off later in the story, and all the characters have well-developed arcs (some of which end prematurely in being turned into Zombies and later killed or electrocuted.)
    Jenn
    Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: own, arc
    Today is the day that June had been waiting for. She's saved up her pennies in order to afford a ticket to ZombieCon, a convention for all things zombie, but with a heavy focus on her favorite TV show, Human Wasteland. All is going well except for seeing some odd behavior from fellow con-goers who are getting just a little too into their own cosplay. But after they realize that there are actual zombies at ZombieCon, June a d her friends kick into action to save the day.

Girls Save the World in
    Emily
    Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Reading this book was the one good thing about my flight from Germany to Chicago.

I mean, I loved this book. It was a refreshing feminist addition to the world of zombies with realistic characters and emotionally complex moments, sure, but it was also FUN! It was just the right balance between goofy and gory, and the cheesy moments felt intentionally so. I mean, it's a love letter to the zombies, the horror genre in general, fandoms, and female friendships; cheese makes sense here! What little
    Daria Marshall
    This was a fun, fast read (when I actually had time, hence why it took me like "two weeks" to read it when in reality it only took like five sessions).

The characters are fun/flawed/grow. The plot is a decently basic zombie apocalypse. The writing wasn't my favorite and there were times it felt a little formulaic, but it wasn't enough for me to really dislike anything about it.

Thanks to Penguin for the ARC at NYCC.
    Deirdre
    Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
    This book was amazing. It was so refreshing and fun. The author gave a realistic view inside the complicated world of friendship between high school girls. And these girls kick ass! I really enjoyed how the main character evolved and learned to trust herself in this book. She didn't have a set personality.
    Kat
    #GirlsSavetheWorldinthisOne
    #Edelweiss
    A wonderful blend of fantasy and horror that brings girls in as the hero's who save the day. #GirlPowerRocks
    It is emotional and funny with the right blend of friendship, romance, and survival. Thank you to Edelweiss and Philomel Books.
    Rebecca
    Sep 18, 2019 marked it as books-i-did-not-finish
    Was really enjoying this ARC but it started getting a little too creepy for me. Give to any zombie/horror lovers!
    Starr ❇✌❇
    I love this cover, I love this premise, I hate that I have to wait until April.
    Meghan
    Feb 08, 2020
    Chi-Chi
    Nov 04, 2019

• What I Like About You
    • Look
    • We Used To Be Friends
    • Scavenge the Stars (Scavenge the Stars, #1)
    • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
    • My Body
    • My Fake Rake (Union of the Rakes, #1)
    • Rebelwing (Rebelwing, #1)
    • The Stars We Steal
    • Infinity Son (Infinity Cycle, #1)
    • The Tea Dragon Festival (Tea Dragon, #2)
    • Seven Deadly Shadows
    • The Seep
    • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
    • The Fountains of Silence
    • Sword in the Stars (Once & Future #2)
    • Unscripted
    • 10 Blind Dates
    Ash Parsons has been involved in Child and Youth Advocacy since college. Recently she taught English to middle- and high-school students in rural Alabama. Watching some of her students face seemingly impossible problems helped inspire her first novel, Still Waters. Additionally she has taught creative writing for Troy University’s ACCESS program and media studies at Auburn University. Ash lives in ...more