Start by marking “The Tempest Sea (World Apart, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Tempest Sea (World Apart, #2)

The Tempest Sea

(World Apart #2)

A rescue mission turns into a fight against a force more powerful than they could have imagined.

With the amulet still stuck around her neck, Addie must outwit her powerful captors who will do anything to get to the power held within the ancient artifact. If they find out she doesn’t know how to use it, she’s dead.

Meanwhile, Clark and a ragtag team of Addie’s friends
Published June 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Tempest Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tempest Sea

Start your review of The Tempest Sea (World Apart, #2)
NAT.orious reads ☽
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.25 , screaming for more
This book is for you if… you didn't manage to block Gunther out of your mind for even a minute after finishing the first book in this series. He's the best, and softest, and kindest, and most badass fella, ever. There's also some delicious - and slightly exhausting - banter between Addie and Clark and everybody is in grave danger because of some crystal, but we all know that's not what this series is about. TW: sexual assault.

Overall.
Remember how I introduced my
Deekay
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lissa Hawley
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book pulls no punches! With none of the slow start of the first book, it continues on where that one left off. It is a beautiful and tragic rollercoaster of adventure and real emotions, with characters you come to care for immensely.

I desperately need book 3.

Note: there probably should be a trigger warning for assault here.
Laura A. Grace
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novel was SO good! The author has a fantastic way of refreshing the reader what happened previously in book one, but still keeping all the action and angst going with the latest developments in book two.

Truly, if I could have, I would have gone ahead and read this book in one sitting because it was extremely engaging. (I also wish bedtime didn't have to be a thing. LOL!). I didn't find myself wanting to book down once because it was boring or slow. No, instead there were tough topics
OldBird
I don't know where to start other that to say: woah. Not quite perfect, but even so, amazing writing deserves celebrating even if I'm going to stick with 4.5 stars. This series is the complete opposite of all those unchallenging YA/NA reads that skim the surface of a world while characters get smoochy. It is deep. It is very, very twisty-turny-edge-of-the-seat sort of deep. Plots within plots, surprises you didn't see coming, some that maybe, if you're very observant, you did (don't you love ...more
Sarah Ruth
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m really enjoying this series! Clark is yummy... Actually all 3 brothers are. The character growth of Addie and Clark has been so fun to see. The relationships of these characters are the type where you feel like part of the crew- these are my people! I can’t wait to see what happens in book 3!
Linda
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marissa
Dec 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The Tempest Sea is the second installment in The World Apart series. It picks up immediately following the events of the prior book, The Fractured Empire. The author does provide a reasonable amount of backstory of the main events of the first book so readers won't be too lost if they start the series with this installment. However, I highly recommend readers do read The Fractured Empire because it's a good story with intriguing world building and it provides good insight into the characters. ...more
Demi Sharpe
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book for the author in exchange for an honest review.

This book tore my heart out and stomped on it until there was nothing left. This book was impossible to put down and I couldn’t help being pulled into this magical world again.

Addie tackled some quite controversial topics, and we see a bit of a darker side to this story. I think it was executed brilliantly, and without being over the top, and overtaking the whole storyline.

I loved the development of the
Blaire Hammond
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Tempest Sea By Robin D. Mahle Spoiler Free Review.

*I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for a free and honest review.*

I read book one in this series and absolutely loved it! So when the opportunity to read book two arose, of course I had to take it! And wow oh wow. This continuation was EPIC. I can't even describe how much I adored this book. I gave it a 5 out of 5 stars!

The stakes are higher than ever in this book. We not only learn more about the world, but the characters are
Michelle
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even better than the first! I read this book in one afternoon. This series is incredible.

Addie has been taken by someone they thought they could trust and someone they thought was dead. Clark will do anything to get her back, but there are secrets they don't yet know about the amulet Addie wears and the people who want it.

A fantastic adventure of a rescue mission on the high seas. This world is created so brilliantly and the writing is beautiful. I felt like I was truly along for the ride. I
Laetitia
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult, arc
I received a copy of this book from the author.
I think this series is one of my new favorites!
The characters are so compelling. The relationships and all the emotions behind their actions feel truly genuine.
I love that all the characters have a backstory we get to discover little by little and I love how that information is presented.
It is expertly written and the pace makes for a fantastic read. The poignant scenes are filled with action and humor. What's not to like!

There are so many
Ken Lee
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than the first book in the series. Lots of well written action and character development. Robin begins to reveal the details about the world that Adelaide lives in and the background of all the main characters. The book ends with one of the main characters choosing to accept the responsibilities of their heritage and provides a great lead into book 3.

NOTE: I received a free advanced review copy.
Stephanie
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don’t start this book if you have somewhere else to be because you won’t make it, you won’t be able to put the book down long enough to go! Amazing sequel to the first riveting part of the series (The Fractured Empire). This book picks up the pace even more and keeps you on the edge of your seat until the end (and then some!). Even more character development, twists and turns, and a another beautifully worded and exciting adventure to dive into!
Jackie
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful story. Addie has a powerful amulet around her neck that she’s being chased for. Impossible to put down. Don’t miss out once it’s released.
Kyle Sheets
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very well written. The emotional struggles, the action, and the development of the story was told with excitement and skill. Look forward to the next in the series!
Brianna Johnson
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stephanie - Books Less Travelled
Jan 23, 2020 marked it as read-for-review
*I received an ecopy from the author. This does not affect my review.*

Breathe in, and out...This one doesn't hold back, and we pick up right where the first leaves off. I loved the rush of this one, fast-paced and high emotions, but it's also pretty intense, and does contain some tougher subjects such as assault, that probably should be mentioned. Still, I read this one even faster than the first, and once again, I'd impatient to continue the series.
Shabana
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I really had a great time reading this book. It took me a little longer than I thought to get through it, but it certainly didn’t have a slow beginning and that really helped. I love the characters and their personalities, and really everything. I hope the next book is as fabulous as this one!
Stephanie Bell
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Robin D. Make has an amazing way of sucking you into a book and making you forget about everything else.

This book was the perfect sequel. It takes you from the cliff hanger ending in book 1 and throws you straight into the action. The fast pace, adventures, and surprising romances will have you reading the whole thing in one sitting. Fantastic book.
Elle Madison
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Where do I begin?

Have you ever read a book, enjoyed it and expected the same thing for the sequel but got so much more instead?

That happened to me with The Tempest Sea.

We go on a whirlwind adventure with our heroes again, but this time at sea. There is so much action and so many twists and turns and even, wait for it.. Pirates.
In this installment of The World Apart series, we get to see the other half of the world, beyond the EverFalls. And it doesn’t disappoint.

Everyone is after the
Heather Bane
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in The World Apart Series. I really loved this book. I loved the characters and the storyline. Both are well written and grabs your interest from the beginning. This has been a really great series so far and looking forward to reading book 3. I definitely recommend reading. (I received this book as an arc and am leaving a voluntary honest review)
Alyssa Danielson
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was provided with an ARC in exchange for an honest review - and honestly, I've really enjoyed this series! It's easy to read, and the story is different enough to keep me wanting to know what happens. (Side note: I'm EXTREMELY confused by the Epilogue ending and need to know what the heck is going on.) The characters are also well written. They aren't all bad or all good -- they're human. Except for Gunther. No one is as great as Gunther in real life! I even appreciate how I don't ALWAYS love ...more
Emily
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t even have words! I loved The Tempest Sea even more than book 1, The Fractured Empire! At the end of the blurb it states:

“The Tempest Sea continues the journey of The World Apart Series with everything that made The Fractured Empire so engaging: action and adventure, an ever expanding world to explore, and a story pulls at your heartstrings while keeping you on the edge of your seat.”

I 100% agree with this! From page 1 I was hooked, the action began immediately. I continue to love the
Katharina
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Tempest Sea, the second book of the World Apart series by Robin D Mahle, started as exciting as the first book ended! The reader is immediately pulled back into the suspenseful story. As the story is written in Addie's and Clark's view alternately, you always see the situations happening from different points of views. Same goes for their feelings for each other and most of the time I was like "just kiss and accept you love each other!!". The flashbacks of Xavier and Nell are also super ...more
Erin Kearby
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ugh! I need more!! This book was soooo good!! The ending of each chapter definitely kept me on the edge of my seat wanting more! So much going on and so much action! Getting to travel through some new places (I just wish I could properly pronounce all the names and places in my mind )! And I love how all of the characters come together like a big family! So sweet. Getting to see Addie become a stronger person from all that’s happened to her in the past is awesome (Badass Addie coming through!)! ...more
Amber Dene
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-kindle-read
This story continues to me a torrid of emotions, adventure and mystery. This is by far the most incredibly unpredictable book I have ever read. It had me on my toes trying to figure out the next plot twist the next move. I am completely inthralled with all of the main and secondary characters. The stay of writing continues to captivate me and make me question as to why it isn’t used more. I commend Robin on this amazing series and I entice and adventure book lover to read this series.
Christy Hancock
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action and Adventure are still spot on in this second book. The world that the author has created is outstanding and intriguing. The characters are fun and witty. The romance....!!!
I love the dynamic between the brothers and Addie , even Nell and the crew of warriors work so well as a family. I was furious with Addie's treatment at the beginning of the book but her character has become stronger because of it. What can I say but wow, what a ride. A ride that isn't over yet!
MRS C MARSHALL
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read this book and given my honest review.
Started off from the first book.
Another adventure and really enjoyed again.
Looking forward to the last book.
Hoping you enjoy as much as I did
Astrid Rudloff
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily review an ARC.
This is the second part of the Worlds Apart series, the books should be read in order.
This is a page turner, where action, banter, traitors, hate, love, forgiveness and unexpected turns and allies give you whiplash.
I loved it. I don't have time to tell more, because I have to read the third part.

• Summer's Rebellion (The Lochlann Treaty, #3)
  • Crown of Dragons (Bleeding Realms: Dragon Blessed #1)
  • Winter (Evermore Academy #1)
  • The Fae & The Fallen (Gifted Fae Academy #1)
  • Kingdom of Spirits (Bleeding Realms: Dragon Blessed #2)
  • The Hunt (The Twisted Kingdoms #1)
  • Fae Hunter
  • The Elements of the Crown (The Elements of Kamdaria)
  • Jesse and the Ice Princess (Gulf City High Book 1)
  • Burning
  • The First Wave
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes, #1)
  • Magic Bound (Ravencrest Academy, #1)
  • Prophecies (Darkblood Academy #4)
  • King Maker (Kingdom of Runes, #3)
  • Demons (Darkblood Academy, #3)
  • Zodiac Academy: The Reckoning (Supernatural Beasts and Bullies, #3)
  • Blood of the Dragon Shifter (Blakemore Paranormal Academy #3)

World Apart (4 books)
  • The Fractured Empire (World Apart, #1)
  • The Forgotten World (World Apart, #3)
  • The Ever Falls (World Apart, #4)