Start by marking “Pied (Once Upon a Villain, #7)” as Want to Read:
Pied (Once Upon a Villain, #7)

Pied (Once Upon a Villain, #7)

She cannot see me, but she can hear me; and that is all I’ll need to make her fall in love... with me.

Everything I’ve ever needed, is right here in my Paradise, including the whining brats I led away from their parents eons ago with my magical flute; but when that sorceress, Celeste Dubois, shows up and suggests that things need to change - that I need to change, I know sh
Published September 13th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Pied, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pied

Start your review of Pied (Once Upon a Villain, #7)
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story has a little of everything, sweet romance, sexy overbearing and frustrating alpha make and a beautiful woman who has the right heart and spirit. Thoroughly enjoying and entertaining.

I received a copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Mahogany SilverRain
In Pied, the Pied Piper has a name, Patrick Piper. He seems to have it all, a cloaked magical kingdom, servants who wait on him night and day for centuries. Those servants being the children he led away from Hamlin for lack of payment for his services. A man should be paid for his work,right? I would be mistrustful of people too, if I was promised payment and then denied. However, taking the children as payment, hmm that was villainous and a low blow. Oh and get this, he hates kids! I would have ...more
Shannan
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting book. I loved the premise that perhaps the villains of stories we grew up with aren't evil so much as having been pushed into evil acts, and as such are capable of redemption. I would like to check out other books in this series.

That said this one had moments I needed to put the book down and read a few chapters of another book cuz the characters were driving me crazy. Even by the third quarter of the story, Patrick was still an angry selfish jerk in many ways and those around hi
Linda Lambert
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Pied Piper as a romantic hero? An original and risky idea, but Brooklyn Knight pulled it off.

Patrick Piper is quite a character. He is obnoxious as hell, condescending and rude, as only 13th century nobility can be. His over the top inner monologue about 'fickin peasants' and the movements of his 'schwanz' kept me chuckling all the way. When he meets Melodie Harper, he knows right away that he needs to have her. Since Patrick is used to getting what he wants, the meet-cute is nothing short
Erin
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nothing like a retelling that's takes a villain and gives their tale a new spin. Patrick is self absorbed and arrogant, going with his life playing the flue and luring away children. One day things change and he realizes there's something he wants more, Melodie. This story bring two people into a fluid story including romance, learning, and growing. Looking forward to what the next tale in this series brings.
Krissy
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Patrick is exactly what I would love to have as a man in my life! Mysterious, romantic, musical(of course lol) yet mischievous. I find it funny her son knows him from somewhere yet can not quite place it. Erotic yet HEA story is a must read!!

Willie-mai
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brooklyn Knight's retelling of an old folklore was amazing and well written. The story of Patrick and Melodie was one of love and redemption. Ms. Knight has a unique way of telling her stories. I can't wait for her upcoming releases. Awesome book and would highly recommend Pied to readers.

Scarolet Ellis
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pied by Brooklyn Knight is a great story to read. This is book number seven in this great series that I have enjoyed reading very much. I recommend this story to everyone who likes reading erotic and paranormal romances in their stories.

Barbara
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book seven in the Once Upon a Villain series, this is the first book I have read by this Author. I found it to be well written with a great storyline. This is Melodie Harper and Patrick Piper's story of how love can change you. I enjoyed reading this story. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Ty
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yasss child

I enjoyed this tale an the pied piper melody didn’t give him a fair chance but glad RAF made her see the error of her thinking and she was able to get past the tale and go after him I wonder if there will be more tales to come
Staci
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Are all worthy of a second chance?

I often ponder this. Is there enough room in our hearts to look deeper. Have understanding of why? Can even the thief of children be redeemed? The answer truly lies in them. Can they learn from their mistakes? Can they grow and change?
Lima Roberts
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pied!?!?!!

I liked this story so much. It was cute and took me back to my childhood. I had to criticality think about the reason for many villains actions. Thank-you, Brooklyn. 🤩💓🤗🤭🥰💘🤓🤗🤭🥰
DivasoftheSerengeti_Lioness
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this read! It is a new spin on an old tale. I didn't want the story to end. Great plot, character interaction and romance. Patrick and Melodie are great together once they get over a few humps along the way.
DivasoftheSerengeti_Lioness
Loved it

Stacey
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful retelling of a classic fairy tale

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I love fairy tales retold and this one had me on the edge of my seat the entire time!
Katara Johnson
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pied Piper

I love this retelling of this story! This is a fairytale for adults! I love how the main character was able to show how talented he is instead of focusing on what he originally did to the children of the town’s people.
Jacole Laryea
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have never read a book from Brooklyn Knight nor do I read this genre yet Im glad I took the chance to read something different for a reading challenge. At first I wasn't sure what genre to classify this book as yet paranormal romance is what I took it for. Step out of my comfort zone. Melodie and Patrick were a couple who seemed to be in love. I have to admit it didn't hold my attention, yet it was written well. Brooklyn has a good writing technique where the words pull you in so for that reas ...more
Meme3650msn.Com
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Loved this book. Who knew that The Pied Piper could be so mesmerizing. Patrick Piper was misunderstood from the beginning. He was abused by his parents and the towns people. Since they couldn’t/wouldn’t pay him he took their
children by playing his magical flute. Hundreds of years later he was granted a do-over against his wishes and found love and forgiveness in New York with Melodie. You are going to love this book. It puts a spin on what a villain is.
Precious
Sep 17, 2020
Somora
Sep 19, 2019
Der
rated it did not like it
Sep 08, 2020
Sep 16, 2019
Latricia Martin
Oct 15, 2019

• Carwrecked
  • Blind Spot: A BWWM Paranormal Romance (Once Upon A Villain Series Season 2 Book 4)
  • Euphoria (Arrangement Series Book 4)
  • Goldie and the Three Bears [50 Loving States, Wisconsin] (QUARANTALES Book 3)
  • Southie
  • No One Loves Like Gaston (Once Upon A Villain, #1)
  • Untangled (Once Upon A Villain #9)
  • Healing Hearts: Dragos & Neema
  • Beautiful Chaos (The Chaos, #1)
  • Tennessee's Whiskey (The Whiskey Collection Book, #1)
  • Axel in Heaven (Summer Boyfriend Series Book 2)
  • Billie and the Russian Beast: 50 Loving States, South Carolina (QUARANTALES Book 2)
  • Mr. West (Mister #2)
  • Her Dragon King (Her Dragon King Duet Book 2): 50 Loving States, North Dakota Pt. 2
  • In Deep (The Blackhart Brothers, #2)
  • Fire and Rain