Start by marking “Always You (Murphy Brothers Story)” as Want to Read:
Always You (Murphy Brothers Story)

Always You (Murphy Brothers Story)

They made a pact of friendship. Love was not supposed to be part of the deal.

Lauren is desperate to escape the massive shadow of her fathers and sisters political careers.

Matt is running from the biggest disappointment of his life.

After a messy meeting in a snowbound airport, they launch a new friendship, founded on a mutual love for the Lord and an agreement of
Published March 3rd 2020 by Rooted Publishing (first published March 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Always You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always You

Start your review of Always You (Murphy Brothers Story)
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
What an unforgettable meet-cute! I loved the instant rapport Matt and Lauren have with each other, and friendship looks good on them. They are each at a crossroads in their lives, and the respite they find at the lodge and with each other allows them to step back and reevaluate their lives. The chemistry between them is strong, but with Matt's dysfunctional unrequited love between them, they struggle with moving forward int heir relationship. There is plenty of self-reflection, angst, and ...more
Susan Snodgrass
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
'He could trust the goodness of God's heart even if it felt harsh in Matt's moment of blindness.'

I love it so much when I begin a book and from the very first, the characters seem to leap into my heart, real as anything! I can't stand to see characters walk woodenly across a page. From the first paragraph, I knew Jennifer Rodewald had created those characters that just burst into life in my heart. Lauren and Matt will remain two of my favorite characters a very long time, I'll tell you that.

Brittany
What a wonderful story! I loved the way Lauren and Matt basically fell into each others lives. Their friendship developed quickly due to the circumstances that threw them together in the first place, yet it felt believable to me.

Both were running from something and both needed to resolve the issues they were running from. Yet, even before those issues had been resolved, the attraction grew between Lauren and Matt and that initial friendship began to grow into more.

I appreciated that these two
Fiction Aficionado
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Rodewald is one of my absolute favourite contemporary romance authors, and this book is a perfect example of all the reasons why. To start with, her writing always feels like coming home. She writes with warmth, compassion, emotional intelligence, and when appropriate for the tone of the story, a gentle touch of humour. And of all her full-length contemporary romances, this story is most suited to that gentle humour!

Right from their inauspicious meet-cute, I was in love with this
Courtney Clark
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Always You by Jennifer Rodewald is a memorable contemporary romance that begins with one of the funniest meet cutes (ever!) and grows into a sweet friendship-to-more story.

With moments of wonder at the splendor of creation (hello Lake Tahoe setting!) and the ups and downs of a daily walk of faith, Matt and Lauren find deeper purpose in their lives and understanding with each other. I like how the friendship is developed so naturally, as is the reality of a daily surrender to Gods will. Both Matt
Suzie Waltner
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Im always a fan of a friends-to-more story but one from Jennifer Rodewald, one where friendship is born from a most embarrassing situation, is something not to miss.

Lauren and Matt are fun characters. They have a great rapport with each other, including some witty banter and silly nicknames. They are also real. They struggle with things in their life. Theyve both got people in their lives who have used them but they each deal with that in their own way.

Whether shes writing deep subjects or more
Julia
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Always You by Jennifer Rodewald is a delightful contemporary novel and part of the Potters House series.
Jennifer Rodewald has presented a wonderful, warm and welcoming collection of characters who envelope the reader with love. Her lead characters have a rapport with each other as they bounce their dialogue backwards and forwards. They make the reader smile.
Gods plans are always best for our lives. We do not always realise this. He [God] means good for you, even when He tells you no. Sometimes
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
Okay, if nothing else, read this story for the meet-cute. Um....it's the best. I can't really say more than that - you'll have to check it out for yourselves. But it paves the way for a beautiful friendship and story. One that you don't want to miss.

I love Jennifer Rodewald's stories, and this is no exception. Here are two characters that end up in the same place, working together - by chance, and yet it's perfect that they find each other. Coincidence? I think not. But I'm not the one that
Ebos Aifuobhokhan
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ha!
I loved the way Laureen and Matthew met! Even though not the best of ways it was hilarious!!!
I enjoyed reading the banter between them. Very organic and refreshing.
Quick-witted Lauren met her match in Matthew.
Both of them reeling from unhealthy circumstances found their place in Lake shore lodge.
I admired reading how Matt let go of his plans for God's plan to be actualized in his life. Jemimah29:11 found great expression in Matt's life. His protectiveness and way with Lauren was so sweet
Toni Shiloh
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review to come
Phyllis
A wonderful story

Once again, Jennifer Rodewald has written a fantastic story!

Always You is quirkier than some of her stories, more upbeat and maybe RomComy, yet it is so full of spiritual truth that I cringe a little to describe it that way.

This may sound strange but I just loved the way the author gave each chapter such fun titles. Each time I would come to a new one, I would just smile. They were old-fashiony titles like Chapter 1 (in which Lauren meets a man at the airport). See what I mean?

Jenn
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Rodewald writes books that I read over and over. They are that good. I love them and I go back to them. And shes done it again Ive already read Always You not once, but twice! I read it a couple of weeks ago and loved every minute of it but got distracted by life, didnt write a review, read a couple of other books (that I didnt enjoy nearly as much) and realized to give a fair review I should refresh my memory. And, yes, I loved it every bit as much the second time!

Jennifer Rodewalds
Cilla
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved the characters, loved the plot and enjoyed every bit of this book. Matt is devastated that the relationship he had done everything to pursue was no longer possible and sees Lauren as a God-sent distraction from that pain. Lauren is trying to make a life of her own and not just be valued for what she can do for someone else at the expense of her own dreams. However they both find that moving on is more than changing location away from the problem people, the past unhealthy relationships ...more
Debbie Chatley
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story. First of all in the first chapter I have to say it was a very unique first meeting for the main characters. I was intrigued from the start. The easy camaraderie between Lauren and Matt is charming and so relatable. Its a beautiful picture of friendship between a man and a woman. Additionally it shows the angst created when at least one of them feel like it could be more friendship but dont know if the other one thinks the same or if its worth the risk of losing a friendship.

Michaela
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love the humor woven into this book. Couple that with the wonderful characters and wrap it all up in a Christian bow: it's amazing! This book is just warm, for lack of a better descriptor. The characters and the setting and the way the humor and life, dialogue and narration work together and flow - it's just warm and homey and relaxing. I really loved the naming of each chapter along with the number. Not many authors do it anymore, but it fit so well with this novel's feel and made me feel ...more
Ashley
This book was fantastic. It's another winner from Jennifer Rodewald.

The way Lauren and Matt met was kinda mortifying, but, oh my goodness, absolutely hilarious. And Matt was such a good sport about it! I knew he was a keeper from that moment. They're such a fun pair. I loved how they started out as friends and things slowly grew from there. It felt very natural. But my favorite thing about them was how they both relied on and leaned on God. How He was at the center of everything for them.

There
Cyndi
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful love story showing us how much God truly loves us. Matt and Lauren both feel like they are second place in everyone's life. Someone that people want to use to get what they can from them. After a hilarious introduction they both land a job at a beautiful lodge in the forest surrounded by mountains, valleys and rivers. Matt's family members are a great addition to the story, showing how families really interact. I really like how Ms. Rodewald has used God's word to help these two to ...more
Luv2cook
The opening line is PRICELESS! How can you pass up reading something that the opening line is something we all struggle with at some point in our lives?
This book is a great filler for that post holiday "doldrums" that we all get. Gives a "pick me up" for a little holiday cheer. The banter between Matt and Lauren is so real and lively - loved it!
And then the internal issues that they both are dealing with are also VERY real and are issues we all deal with also. This was a great story with
Sharon Dean
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow!!! This is my first read by Ms Rodewald and what an inspirational read this was! Reminding me that I should always trust in Him and not what I feel I really want or need. Its not about me, its about glorifying our Father. Matt and Laurens story was the page turner lite with passion for learning to lean into His word and see the beauty of His amazing grace and oh so sweet plans He has for us. And the picturesque views of Lake Tahoe Ms Rodewald gave us, it had me in awe and wanting to make ...more
SJ Garrison
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed watching Lauren and Matthew's story unfold. Both were running from users in their lives. I felt so bad for Lauren when she ran into Matthew, but that scene caught me off guard and I laughed out loud. I loved that both were trusting God to help them through the mess they created. If you like clean stories with heart, I highly recommend 'Always You'.
I received this book from the publisher. The thoughts and comments are my own.
Janice Sisemore
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Always you

I loved the way Lauren and Matt meet. Matt was so understanding and caring to Lauren. They end up working together and getting to know each other. Matt has his heart broken and Lauren is trying to get a new start. A very enjoyable story.

I received a complimentary copy of the book from the author. This book review is my own opinion.
Pauline
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I just needed a book to relax with before bed while we are sheltered in place. The news, internet and conversations are all on the virus and I needed a nice getaway to Lake Tahoe (even if its just through a book.) This was a sweet story that was positive and faith basedperfect to settle me into sleep. I think it would make a great hallmark movie. ...more
Susan Jalosky
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing love

A great story that is so true about us in real life. Matt thought his way and plans were best and when God didnt give him what he wanted, he didnt know what to do. Lauren was feeling used by her family and ran away. Gods plan brought them together and helped both of them see where they should be in their lives. Thoroughly enjoyed this story.
Judith M. Seale
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very uplifting book

Reading about Matt's story helps you to realize that we have done the same thing in our lives. We pray for something but don't accept the answer that God gives us. This is a good example of that.
Mary A. Lopp
God works it out.

Very good book. Lauren decides to leave home to find her independence them she feels sick on the plane. But when she gets off she runs into Matt on the way into the bathroom. Then it all begins. I recommend this book. I enjoyed reading it.
Paula Marie
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story was amazing...it makes me want more more more of this Murphy family! The journey for Matt and Lauren is bumpy and filled with faith...I absolutely love how Jennifer Rodewald incorporates the best Bible verses throughout the entire novel.
Donna Dv
Apr 05, 2020 rated it liked it

This was a pretty good and entertaining bok to read, it just wasn't great. I found myself setting it down for days at a time. I like for a book to grab hold and not let go. This one didn't.
Andrea Boyd
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet friends to more romance!
Ursula Nobulali
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read

I appreciated the develop,ent of the characters, especially the depiction of their spiritual growth and maturity. This book is very well written.
Frank
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a cute story of a young guy who meets a young lady and the difficulty he has convincing her that he has grown up and forgotten his infatuation with his first girl friend.

• Beyond The Deep
  • Marry Me (Chapel Cove #6)
  • Hands of Grace
  • Her Cowboy Forever
  • Honor's Reward (Potter’s House Books (Two) Book 3)
  • Because We Believed
  • Belong with Me  (Chapel Cove Romances #7)
  • The Hope We Share (Potter's House 2 #1)
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
  • Her Compassionate Billionaire
  • Slow Road to Love
  • This Side of Yesterday
  • Because of Him: A Christian Romance (New Hope Falls, #2)
  • Slow Journey to Joy
  • Small Town Girls Don't Marry Their Best Friends (Beaches of Trumanville #3)
  • Honeysuckle Cove: The Collection: Books 1-6
  • One Little Lie (The Pelican Harbor #1)
  • Engaging Sir Isaac (Inglewood #4)
Jennifer Rodewald is passionate about the Word of God and the powerful vehicle of story. Four kids and her own personal superman make her home in southwestern Nebraska delightfully chaotic.

Born in Colorado, she experienced both the seclusion of rugged mountain living and the busy streets of a Denver suburb during her growing up years. Somewhere in the middle of college, she married a Husker and

News & Interviews

“The thing about our lives is that the choices we make today will play out in all our tomorrows. Make sure what you grip now won't be bondage in your future.” 1 likes