Jump to ratings and reviews

Fool Me Twice

When my best friend died of cancer just before her eighteenth birthday, she left her coveted bucket list to me.

The things she already crossed off? Skinny dipping, going to Paris, completing the local hot wing challenge, road tripping to the ocean, and sending out a message in a bottle.

So, it falls on me to finish it for her, to honor her memory. In the next year, it’s my mission to:

1. Dye my hair
2. Have sex
3. Camp out in a tent
4. Go bungee jumping
5. Get revenge on Lincoln Kolb

Most are doable, some terrify me, and then there is the last item on the list. When the raven-haired football god dumped my best friend during senior year of high school, she was devastated. The jerk with charm for days found out she was sick, and betrayed her in the worst way possible.

But he doesn’t know me, I went to school a town over. Now, to fulfill my promise, I’m the newest freshman on the campus where he is the big man. If there is one thing, aside from cheap beer, that a jock can’t pass up, it’s a shiny new girl.

So when I catch his eye, play hard to get, and then fall into his bed, I know my scheme is working to perfection. But what Lincoln can’t see coming is the beatdown I have planned for his ice-cold heart.

Unfortunately, what I never saw coming was the one he had planned for mine.

250 pages, Paperback

First published March 9, 2020

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Carrie Aarons

55 books2,803 followers
Author of romance novels such as Fleeting and Love at First Fight, Carrie Aarons writes books that are just as swoon-worthy as they are sarcastic. A former journalist, she prefers the love stories of her imagination, and the athleisure dress code, much better.

When she isn't writing, Carrie is busy binging reality TV, having a love/hate relationship with cardio, and trying not to burn dinner. She lives in the suburbs of New Jersey with her husband, two children and ninety-pound rescue pup.

Visit Carrie's Website
Like Carrie's Facebook Page
Check out Carrie's books on Amazon
Follow Carrie on Instagram
Follow Carrie on BookBub

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
603 (10%)
1 star
270 (4%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 661 reviews
Profile Image for Madita.
470 reviews16.3k followers
September 29, 2022
This woman was the biggest women shamed ever.
Let's not even talk about how weirdly the entire premise of the plot was.

Okay so first of all there quotes:
So Henley (the girl) is watching Lincoln (the guy) talk with a girl in a bikini. She proceeds to say this after describing what her bikini looks like:
"This girl all but invited him to suck on her tits in the middle of the quad"

Thank you but no. She also then says this:
"I haven't encountered many girls like myself over the years. I'm no nonsense bullshit proof and rarely take a liking to someone at first impressions".
Lmao you aren't special please step down from you pedestal and sit back down.

And the plot is even worse: Spoiler from here on

First of all this guy broke up with a girl in High school after he found out she had cancer. Yeah ehhh what?
Then the main girl is trying to get revenge for that because the girl was her best friend but obviously she falls in love with him.
Mind you that happens what? 4 weeks after knowing each other. I honestly don't even know because in the time spam of one semester, they met, hooked up, ignored each other, went camping, fell in love and then broke up oh and got back together.

Also: This guy proposes to her in the epilogue after getting drafted for the NFL like at the ceremony on the stage. Super weird and not fun and not cute.

Let us not even forget about the coincide of him having cancer two when he was a child because how did he then not have any sympathy for his girl friend but dump her even faster because he was horny. I just do not understand this man at all nor do I understand the girl.

I do not understand life.
Profile Image for Meredith Wilson.
383 reviews35 followers
March 11, 2020
Wow! This book... Where to start? Fool Me Twice blew my expectations out of the water. It was angsty, wholly intense, steamy, wonderfully written and emotionally explosive. I smiled. I laughed, and I cried. And let me tell you this... It delivered in EVERY WAY! From the very start I was hooked, furiously flipping the pages and devouring it all in one day.

Henley and Catherine have been best friends since the early age of three. When Catherine's cancer returns for the third time, they realize the end is near. So what does she do? She makes a bucket list and the two set off to see it through. Only Catherine dies before she is able to do them all. So it falls on Henley to finish the rest in order to honor her memory.

The last item on the list is a doozy... To get revenge on Lincoln Kolb for breaking her best friend's heart. But Henley comes up with the perfect plan... To get his attention, play hard to get and to rock his world in the bedroom. To make him fall in love with her only for her to break his heart. And everything is going as planned until she starts falling for him too. But is she willing to choose him over the best friend she ever had? And how will he react when he discovers her plans for him?

"Henley Rowan came into my life like a meteor, destroying anything that came before her and changing the landscape of my life forever after."

Overall, I am in awe of this author and her way of telling a story. From start to finish, it was addicting, intoxicating, heart-wrenching and delicious. I absolutely loved it, and I can't wait for you to love it too! Henley and Lincoln are going to blow you away. So what are you waiting for? Go grab this book and READ!

SIGNATURE_JPEG
Profile Image for Rhonda Ziglar.
3,475 reviews29 followers
March 15, 2020
5 STARS FOR JIMMY AND STALLION!! The feels were running wild in this book. Henley and Lincoln will touch your heart with their banter, humor, sexiness and love. Carrie Aarons knows how to give us readers the perfect stories, that deserve 5 STARS and she did it with this book. You should definitely download this book....i read it in one sitting.
Profile Image for Sophie's Reading Corner .
784 reviews315 followers
March 7, 2020
Our heroine loses her best friend because of cancer and she makes the promise to finish the list she had made when she was still alive of things she wanted to do. One of the things that's in the list is to take revenge on her ex, who broke up with her when he found out that she had cancer. Orchestrating this carefully, our heroine has the perfect plan to seduce him and make him fall in love with her. What she doesn't plan is that her own heart betrays her and starts having feelings for him against her own willing.

I usually enjoy this author's books and even though I didn't hate this one, I can't say I loved it as well. It was a book that had so much potential, but sadly it fell flat. The heroine seemed immature and even though I understood what drove her into her plan, I definitely felt tired of her at some point when he didn't seem like the bad guy she had portreyed him to be. I honestly felt like it was a case of unreliable narration, since his behavior was perfect compared to the image we had of him and while reading I kept thinking that he's either playing a game [ which wasn't apparent by his POV], or the heroine's friend had lied about it. He certainly seemed a different person and from the moment the heroine saw that, she should have stopped with her plan. The more she kept it going, along with her growing feelings, the more I wasn't enjoying the book, because it seemed really manipulative and just plain wrong.

I'd much rather if halfway through the book we had a revealation and then the rest would be her road to redemption. Not just asshole male characters need that, you guys. Heroines who had done wrong things need to work their way through forgiveness too and I felt like we didn't see that and the ending felt rushed because of it. I'm sorry, but that was how I felt and maybe I'm the exception to the rule, but that was just my opinion.

ARC was kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.
235 reviews2 followers
May 25, 2020
Unlikable characters and just so stupid

Lincoln and Henley. Ugh. These 2 are both awful but Lincoln is a 1st ballot Hall of Fame douche bag. The biggest problem with this book is the immature writing. The author is absolutely terrified that the reader will forget for even the briefest of moments how hot and horny these 2 characters are. She beats you unconscious with all the sex, thoughts of sex, talking about sex, etc. Then when you think you can't take anymore she doubles down on it. The worst is any time the book switches to Lincoln's POV because on top of his unrelenting thoughts of how Henley's lips were designed to only give him pleasure, he brow beats you with how great he is. He makes no apologies for his self obsession. Every thought he has drips in arrogance, privilege and entitlement. He is every young adult villain you hate but because it's a romance book it's okay. I hated everything that was Lincoln. The author takes us on a journey of mental gymnastics to make Henley the villain and have her reduced to making excuses to her dead friend for Lincoln's disgusting behavior before crying to and begging Lincoln for another chance. Literally. This is not a book for you if you respect women at all. In the end, the boy who humiliated and dumped a girl who just told him she had cancer, thought he was owed everything and shouldn't have to lift a finger for it, treated women like dirt but was appalled when Henley wouldn't immediately cave to his demands, gets everything he's ever wanted. Of course he does. I especially liked that after the big blow up he still constantly reminds Henley what she did to him even though it clearly hurts her because he feels it's important that she not forget. This author really outdid herself on making Lincoln the most self obsessed character in the genre. White male privilege at its finest. BTW, the ending is so stupid and unbelievable that I can't believe she really put it in the book. If that happened in real life. Lincoln would be forever ridiculed on social media and would never live it down in the locker room. So, so stupid.
Profile Image for ApoorvaReads.
357 reviews280 followers
March 21, 2021
4.25 stars ⭐️

“It’s all we have—hope. And that can be a dangerous thing.”

Well safe to say I wouldn’t agree with this statement in regard to this book.
I had HIGH HOPES for this one and damn this delivered!! I’ve had a weird reading experience since like 5 or 6 days and i wanted,no,needed something which would make me feel like myself again and this book SAVED me. Literally.

“Because I want you to know everything about me. I want to give you all of me. And I want you to feel comfortable, when you’re ready, to do the same. I see the things you hold back haunting your eyes. I want to be your everything, just like you are to me now.”

After reading the blurb, i thought that this must be your “typical” cliché book but man, was i so wrong. I mean it does has its moments but ughhh it was so perfect😭

“So I whisper in her ear, “I can’t imagine being without you.”

I loved Henley and Lincoln so much. Their chemistry, the angst, the steam, the love, the tension between the two. EVERYTHING.

This is going down as one of my all time favourite collage romances ever! This blew my expectations. It was addicting from the start and im so glad i discovered this book cause I needed something like THIS.

This was the first book I read by the author and certainly it has set up a bar for her rest works which I can’t wait to read! Overall, this was really a fun read! I immensely enjoyed this book!

“Henley Rowan came into my life like a meteor, destroying anything that came before her and changing the landscape of my life forever after.
And I wouldn’t have it any other way.”
Profile Image for Carlene Inspired.
917 reviews237 followers
March 5, 2020
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

Henley is doing it all for Catherine; the college, the bucket list, the boy, it's all for her, to finish what she couldn't when cancer took her away too soon. They seem like easy tasks, especially with her aching heart and her angry grief. The list, her memories of Catherine's hurt about being dumped by Lincoln though, they don't prepare her the enigma that is the future football star on campus. Their chemistry is instant, the banter and wit they share makes it seem possible, but when emotions get involved it gets harder for Henley to mark the final item on the list off. Lincoln can't take his eyes off the girl, no college party, no football game, no ball bunny compares to her, but he doesn't know that the guarded look in her eyes is meant to be his undoing. When the task is complete it will be the ultimate test of their hearts.

"Unfortunately for Lincoln Kolb, he has no idea the door her just openly invited me to walk through."

I knew within 10% that this book was different and it sure was; Fool Me Twice is Carrie Aarons' very best. A new adult standalone filled with heart, Fool Me Twice is the story of Henley and Lincoln and the relationship that wasn't so much up to fate as it was planned. Somehow Fool Me Twice is just the right combination of sweet romance, college hilarity, and heart-wrenching grief, it's pages of authentic college experience marked by the poignant loss of a best friend. Henley is so loyal to her friendship with Catherine, it's honest and real feeling, but it also means that she isn't loyal to her own heart. Henley's individual story, her perspective, is one of the best coming-of-age stories I've ever read and the romance with Lincoln, and his perspective of the whole thing, really brought it to life for me. 18 and losing a best friend, starting college, trying to follow a list that has stayed young while one has matured. It was just incredible, I felt like I was there, I fell for Lincoln and Henley just as they fell for one another, and I fell for this book.

"Because Henley Rowan is going to be a hard nut to crack ... though she was smooth as velvet in my bed."

Carrie Aarons captured that feeling of the college experience, of falling in love, of picking up yourself after hitting the ground so perfectly. There's no insta-love, no love-triangles, no classic over-the-top college scandal to rock the couple, just an honest love story that felt like it could happen in real life. I devoured this book in one sitting and I think you'll find you will too, it's just that good.

ARC provided.
Profile Image for Sarah (thegirltheycalljones).
400 reviews284 followers
March 2, 2021
DNF-ed at 68%.

Hello, my name is Sarah and I make bad reading-choices on a weekly basis.

I don't know what I expected here, but I guess something a bit more constructed with a logical pace and less talks about big dicks?
The fact that the plot is 100% predictable just by reading the blurb isn't the problem : please give me a NA book that surprised the fuck out of you with its plot (not saying it's impossible, but the point is : it's pretty rare).
I think what put me off is that everybody's wet or hard before the 5% mark and okay, it's NA, but please can you set an ambiance first?
And I mean, this book does have a plot, even if it's a really fucked-up one : Henley will seduce her dead best friend's ex who dumped her in front of everyone when he learnt she had cancer, and then break his heart. Yes, it's totally The-Young-and-the-Restless worthy.
Please tell me how healthy this relationship can ever be after a background and start like that, I'm all ears!
Except that I'm not, because despite the fact that I was really curious about how the author would pull that one, I just couldn't go on. I'm way too bored, it's way too predictable and the smut isn't even good.

I know I shoulda picked Vicious instead. Damn me.
Profile Image for ABookLover73.
375 reviews206 followers
March 15, 2020
FIVE BITTERSWEET STARS for Henley and Lincoln 💖💖💖!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I love Carrie's writing style and her every new book is special having a place in my heart.

"Fool Me Twice" is a college sports romance that you'll not want to put it down once you start reading it!

It's funny, hot, sweet, heartbreaking and a lot more...

Henley and Lincoln's relationship is an unusual one but also heartbreaking and beautiful.

BEAUTIFUL is the word that was in my mind while I was reading this book.

I love both characters and their connection is everything.

They didn't want to fall for each other but in the end, they did.

Henley is a female character who has one goal and that is to finish the dead best friend's bucket list.

One of the goals is to break the heart to a boy who dumped her best friend when he found out she is sick and she'll die.

But, there is one small problem.

Which side she will choose after she starts falling in love with the boy she needs to hate?!

Lincoln is a male character that every woman would love to find in real life. He would do everything for the woman he loves.

If you love Carrie's books and you also obsessed with college sports romance books, then this book is DEFINITELY FOR YOU!!!

Highly recommended!!!
Profile Image for Fanny.
2,109 reviews54 followers
April 6, 2021

Definitivamente, no senti amor a primera vista con Fool Me Twice, fue mas una situacion de que poco a poco me fue agradando mas, y aun asi, admito que no me encanto tanto como imagine.

La historia en si tenia mucho potencial, no obstante, el estilo tan simple y un tanto juvenil le resto valor, de haber tenido un desarrollo mas adulto y coherente creo que se hubiese convertido en un romance bonito, al no haberlo tenido, quedo como un libro sencillo y no muy destacable mas.

Los protagonistas no me convencieron ni siquiera al final, es cierto que hay cierta evolucion en ellos pero en general, no me parecio lo suficiente como para que ellos me gustaran al 100%.

Estoy al tanto de que son chicos de 18 años pero aun asi, hay ciertas actitudes que me resultaron excesivamente inmaduras, un poco de madurez no hubiese dolido.

A grandes rasgos, fue una lectura simple, predecible y un tanto hueca, me falto mas sentimiento y tal vez, algun giro que me sorprendiera, pese a eso, me entretuvo.

Para concluir, Fool Me Twice no me impresiono, sin embargo, es una opcion aceptable si quieres una novela facil y que no tenga drama, de esas con las que distraerte y nada mas.

2.75 Estrellas!
Profile Image for Cassidy (cassidyreads).
406 reviews81 followers
March 11, 2020
Carrie Aarons delivers a heart wrenching new adult romance, that started like no other. This book was different and original.Henley’s best friend Catherine passes away right around the time for high school graduation. Catherine leaves a bucket list she started for Henley to finish for her. This bucket list includes revenge and than revenge is on the boy who broke up with Catherine, Lincoln.This story is about growing up, grief, changes and finding love where it’s least expected.Henley and Lincoln’s story is like unique, but still filled with chemistry and a connection that just kept my attention and kept me wanting more. Though I wasn’t the biggest fan of Lincoln’s, especially in the beginning, I did really enjoy how his story played out. I higly recommend this story to any Carrie Aaron fans or to those who are looking for something new and different in the New Adult genre!
Profile Image for Mehaque Khanum.
165 reviews32 followers
November 5, 2020
"Lincoln is so clearly the mate my soul had been searching for that it was impossible not to fall into the trap of him."

Good but not great.

Profile Image for Karla Lopez.
Author 3 books95 followers
March 28, 2021
Y’all this book has to be one of my favorite college romances. It has such a unique twist to the story. It’s a revenge plot and I kind of love that it’s the girl doing it to the guy instead of Vice versa. This book reminded me of the movie “She’s All That” with a twist. I loved it.

Lincoln is one of my book boyfriends for sure. This man melts your heart. LIKE LITERALLY. So, he was the cutest human who treated everyone good and loved so freakin hard. He was so mature about situations. There was times where I was like “wow, I want him”. He definitely has a easygoing soul you fall for. And he’s a football player...like can he get any better??

I love how their relationship is a really modern college relationship. Every aspect of the story flowed right through and I felt like I was living the college life (which I’m currently in college right now, so it felt realistic). My favorite parts where he cared for his cousins, he would have lunch with her, he would walk her home if she stayed studying late. I swear I love him. SO. GOOD.
Profile Image for Athena D..
866 reviews49 followers
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 STARS

This is a MUST read new adult sports romance! You feel for Henley's loss and her unwavering loyalty to her best friend. I loved the banter and angst between Henley (Jimmy) and Lincoln (Stallion). This book is highly entertaining and I recommend picking up this book!

Fool Me Twice by Carrie Aarons will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ELITE!!!
Profile Image for Jenn.
164 reviews2 followers
February 9, 2021
"This is horrible, what I'm doing. What kind of person does this? .... If I ever read a story like this in the back tell-all section of one of those popular beauty magazines, I'd think the girl was a raging bitch." (At least the author was somewhat self aware???)

I discovered this book from a tik tok that the author posted. I'll admit that I was very excited about reading it from the synopsis she wrote. All that potential was unfortunately crushed from some of the worst writing I've encountered.

Problems I have with this story:
1. Henley goes to a college that wasn't even in her top choices just to fulfill this vengeance. I'm 100% sure that her best friend wouldn't be so invested in revenge on a high school boyfriend that she's cool with Henley derailing her career. But oh it's "fine" because Henley has a great teacher who gives her opportunities.
2. The bucket list says "Get revenge on Lincoln Kolb". It does NOT say "Get revenge on Lincoln Kolb by making him fall in love with me and then break his heart." GIRL. If you wanted to sleep with your best friend's ex-boyfriend JUST SAY IT. There are a million other ways to get revenge without sleeping with him. I'd do something simple like convincing him to go skinny dipping and steal his clothes before jumping straight to sleeping with him!!! I hope Catherine haunts her forever after how badly she backstabbed her friend.

Gag worthy quotes:
"F*ck, it's a fantastic morning to be a fantastic stud."
"I'm a quarterback, I throw touchdowns all night long, baby."
"When we're drunk at a party, the only girl I want to grab my junk is you."

Whew, I feel better now.
Profile Image for Sarah.
191 reviews22 followers
February 29, 2020
I'm not past 42%, but I'm not sure I'll have the interest to finish this one. I seem to be in minority so far with Fool Me Twice, so it could very well be a case of "it's me, not the book".

From the very first sentence I was a little put off- "F**k, it's a fantastic morning to be a fantastic stud."- and unfortunately it didn't get any better for me.

Henley is beyond devastated when her best friend Catherine passes away after a battle with cancer, at only 18 years old. Catherine had been working on this bucket list, so Henley decides to finish it for her friend, as she believes this is what Catherine wants.

This book focuses on the last item on the bucket list, getting revenge on a guy named Lincoln, who broke Catherine's heart. Which sounds like it could be a fun plot, but I had some issue's with it.

First of all, Henley gives up the college choice of her dreams so she can attend the same college as Lincoln. That was a little too much for me. Who would potentially throw her future away, to get back at some guy? I know personally I would never, ever want my best friend to do this on my behalf over some guy who obviously isn't worth it.

Also, the reason this whole revenge plot can work is because Lincoln has never met Henley. While the two best friends lived next door to each other, they were in separate city limits so went to different high schools. So we just have to believe that even though Catherine and Henley were inseparable, Lincoln never once met the best friend of his girlfriend. Or seen a picture of her.

Henley hates Lincoln for breaking her friends heart, but of course is instantly attracted to him. In fact, the very first sentence he says to her ,simply about what she likes to drink, makes her wet. Yep.

The writing wasn't bad, but it didn't hold my attention at all.
Profile Image for My Little Book Nook .
279 reviews26 followers
December 22, 2020
Oh, my heart. I’m in love with Jimmy and Stallion.

Carrie had me neck deep in my emotions with the prologue. Then, every time I’d pull myself up to carry on, immersed in the humor and steam and secrets, she’d sneak back in with another gut punch that would leave me floundering once more in my feelings.

This book is such a sweet, sexy, emotional depiction of the persistence of love. The loyalty Henley feels for her friend Catherine conflicts directly with the connection she feels for Lincoln, and I felt her inner turmoil on more than one occasion. I loved both characters, and I loved their rocky and passionate journey toward their HEA.

I loved this book, and boy did it make me FEEL. Sexy, passionate, emotional, and even funny, Fool Me Twice gets four stars from me!

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

Get Fool Me Twice Here:
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2TVJZgy
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/3aJCHTV
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2U0SCql
Amazona AU: https://amzn.to/2IA8j2e
Profile Image for Danielle.
512 reviews80 followers
Read
May 23, 2022
This is one of the silliest things I have ever read in my life! It's a revenge story that makes no sense because why would your dead bestie want you to bang the guy who broke her heart? I would come back to haunt her.

It was also full of smut. Like literally half of it was smut but it was okay smut tbh lol

I'm in my 30's and have no business weighing in on this BookTok phenomenon I heard about on Goodreads but here I am! I'm only reviewing, not rating it for that reason.

I'm joking but I actually did enjoy it. I skimmed through a lot of the smut and silly dialogue because I really just wanted to know what happened. It was a cute story. I would have been super into it in 2005.
Profile Image for Amandine Levi.
15 reviews5 followers
March 12, 2021
I’ve read it in one sitting. Really short book but so sweet and well written ! I totally recommend it if you’re looking for an easy sweet beautiful book.
February 25, 2020
Leave it to Carrie Aarons to have me a crying mess not even past the first chapter. Fool Me Twice is an emotional story that had me in tears. Henley and Catherine were best friends since they were 3 years old. But what do you do when before your best friend who's more like your sister wants you to finish her bucket list since she won't be around anymore to finish it? Ugh!! Tissues please...

The hardest item on the list was getting revenge on Lincoln Kolb. What Henley wasn't expecting was the chemistry between Lincoln and how hard this decision was doing to her. Lincoln Kolb, the handsome talented freshman football player on campus. Lincoln is very sure of himself, but his life gets turned upside down when he meets Henley. These two have chemistry even when Henley tries to deny it. Get ready for their roller coaster ride.

This was such a great story that had me in tears, swooning, laughing out loud. I loved every page and couldn't put this book down.
Profile Image for Dawn.
530 reviews
March 29, 2020

I couldn’t really get into this one. The characters both just not good people. The heroine is basically a douche bag in a girls body. Example, she makes a comment to her roommate early on “I don’t shit where I sleep” referencing not liking to sleep with the guys she screws. She claims that it makes them spongy and they sweat etc. I’m not a prude at all but she’s only 18 and a freshman in college, who just moved out of her parents house and into the dorms. When did she have the time? Just seemed gratuitous to me, which complexity took away from the sincerity of the plot being centered around her friendship. WTH? Moving on. The hero cares deeply about his family that’s obvious, but that’s the only depth I saw. He does a lot of douchey things and I didn’t see any character development. I liked the premise and really thought I’d love the book, but it fell flat. I didn’t like either character enough to care if they got their HEA.
Profile Image for ✨ Lucy ✨.
323 reviews84 followers
March 31, 2020
✨✨✨✨I LOVED IT!! I read it in less than 24 h , I was captured by every word .Henley had her own way of dealing with loss, I don't think there's a right way to do this, everyone is different. Everyone has his own secrets , after all everyone is fighting a battle you don't know about , so be kind always(It's always a good quote to mention ) . I loved how the author described one of the possible ways of dealing with it, in a new unique way... I really recommend it.
4.75 STARS⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Profile Image for Carrie Aarons.
Author 55 books2,803 followers
March 11, 2020
Fool Me Twice is LIVE and FREE in KU! 😍🥳💗This new adult romantic comedy has as much heat as it does witty banter, with a revenge plot twist! Read it now! mybook.to/FoolMeTwice
Profile Image for jos (sportschicreads).
168 reviews136 followers
March 11, 2020
I was hooked and intrigued by the blurb the moment I read it. Jimmy and Stallion (legit the cutest nicknames ever) were one of a kind. What other couple meets because of a bucket list consisting of a revenge plot written by a best friend who dies right before her 18th birthday?! Crazyyyyy.
Henley was a girl on a mission! She schemed. She knew exactly would it would take to make Lincoln Kolb fall for her. What she didn’t know was that he wasn’t what met the eye. He denied cocky jock stereotypes. I loved getting to see the sensitive side of him. 🙌🏼
This will go down as one of my favorite college romances. It captured falling in love in college PERFECTLY! 🥰❤️
(This cover also deserves its own review because omggggg what a beauty 😍).
Profile Image for Lia Strange.
431 reviews186 followers
May 29, 2021
1 estrella va porque esta vez es la mujer la que manipula al hombre
1 porque lo leí rápido y hace mucho no pasaba
-1 porque pleno 2020 sigue usando palabras como puta
-1 porque sigue tratando a las mujeres como objetos sexuales muchas veces
-1 porque es horrible
Profile Image for Victoria Weston.
668 reviews37 followers
March 2, 2020
This is the first time that I've read a book by this author and it was phenomenal, reading this book is heartbreaking but I knew from reading the prologue that I was hooked and I needed to see what was going to happen desperately, I was gripped.

Henley and Catherine have been friends since a very young age and they would do anything for each other. So when Catherine asks Henley to finish the bucket list she does.
Henley's best friend Catherine died at a very young at aged only 18 of cancer that she fought before only this time she didn't make it. She started a bucket list but when she dies there was still a few things left in the list.

Lincoln is a man that Henley is supposed to get revenge on only these two never really knew what was going to happen and when feeling started to get developed that was it. Lincoln is a college football player and is a very sweet guy. Will he find out the secret that Henley is keeping?
( NO SPOLIERS)

This author has written this book absolutely perfect she knew how to drag the reader in and completely hook them. This book has it all love, heartbreak, hope and forgiveness.
This book will have your emotions all over the place and you will feel everything and I just couldn't put this book down for one minute.
The chemistry that theses two characters feel is so strong that it was coming of the pages.
This author has written this book so beautifully that I will now be definitely be looking out for all her work.

I will be highly recommending this book to everyone when it gets released as it was awesome to read, but get ready to also shed a tear.

Thank you to the author and to the publishers fir allowing me to read an early copy of this book.

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

This book is expected to be released on 12th March 2020.
Profile Image for Marika Ray.
Author 57 books1,189 followers
March 2, 2020
Carrie's Fool Me Twice is exactly what you're looking for when you pick up a New Adult Romance: laughter, misunderstandings, college drama, friend drama, tears, angst, and an ending that leaves you cheering for Henley and Lincoln. Highly entertaining, highly recommend.
Profile Image for Nikki (Deeply Bookish).
133 reviews55 followers
August 22, 2021
Whilst I really liked the idea for the story, having something new to read, I’m a little disappointed how this went. For once, I couldn’t really connect with the characters. I feel like it was never about exploring them but purely about Henley’s mission and their relationship and I never learned something worthy of their personalities.

Whilst I do think that they were meant to be together in the end and had this great relationship after all the drama, I couldn’t feel the connection at the beginning and I still don’t understand how it went from fooling to dating. If the start of their journey was done differently, I might have enjoyed it much more.

***

Follow me on Instagram for book edits.
Profile Image for Nia.
20 reviews2 followers
September 1, 2021
"When we’re drunk at a party, the only girl I want to grab my junk is you."

The height of romance.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 661 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.