Start by marking “Fool Me Twice” as Want to Read:

Fool Me Twice

When my best friend died of cancer just before her eighteenth birthday, she left her coveted bucket list to me.

The things she already crossed off? Skinny dipping, going to Paris, completing the local hot wing challenge, road tripping to the ocean, and sending out a message in a bottle.

So, it falls on me to finish it for her, to honor her memory. In the next year, it’s my m
250 pages
Published March 12th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Fool Me Twice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fool Me Twice

Start your review of Fool Me Twice
Meredith Wilson
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-arc-reads
Wow! This book... Where to start? Fool Me Twice blew my expectations out of the water. It was angsty, wholly intense, steamy, wonderfully written and emotionally explosive. I smiled. I laughed, and I cried. And let me tell you this... It delivered in EVERY WAY! From the very start I was hooked, furiously flipping the pages and devouring it all in one day.

Henley and Catherine have been best friends since the early age of three. When Catherine's cancer returns for the third time, they realize the
Rhonda Ziglar
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS FOR JIMMY AND STALLION!! The feels were running wild in this book. Henley and Lincoln will touch your heart with their banter, humor, sexiness and love. Carrie Aarons knows how to give us readers the perfect stories, that deserve 5 STARS and she did it with this book. You should definitely download this book....i read it in one sitting.
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

Henley is doing it all for Catherine; the college, the bucket list, the boy, it's all for her, to finish what she couldn't when cancer took her away too soon. They seem like easy tasks, especially with her aching heart and her angry grief. The list, her memories of Catherine's hurt about being dumped by Lincoln though, they don't prepare her the enigma that is the future football star on campus. Their chemistry is instant, the banter and wit they s
ABookLover73
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, arc
FIVE BITTERSWEET STARS for Henley and Lincoln 💖💖💖!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I love Carrie's writing style and her every new book is special having a place in my heart.

"Fool Me Twice" is a college sports romance that you'll not want to put it down once you start reading it!

It's funny, hot, sweet, heartbreaking and a lot more...

Henley and Lincoln's relationship is an unusual one but also heartbreaking and beautiful.

BEAUTIFUL is the word that was in my mind while I was reading this book.

I love both characters and th
Sophie's Reading Corner
Our heroine loses her best friend because of cancer and she makes the promise to finish the list she had made when she was still alive of things she wanted to do. One of the things that's in the list is to take revenge on her ex, who broke up with her when he found out that she had cancer. Orchestrating this carefully, our heroine has the perfect plan to seduce him and make him fall in love with her. What she doesn't plan is that her own heart betrays her and starts having feelings for him again ...more
Cassidy (cassidyreads)
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Carrie Aarons delivers a heart wrenching new adult romance, that started like no other. This book was different and original.Henley’s best friend Catherine passes away right around the time for high school graduation. Catherine leaves a bucket list she started for Henley to finish for her. This bucket list includes revenge and than revenge is on the boy who broke up with Catherine, Lincoln.This story is about growing up, grief, changes and finding love where it’s least expected.Henley and Lincol ...more
Mehaque Khanum
Nov 04, 2020 rated it liked it
"Lincoln is so clearly the mate my soul had been searching for that it was impossible not to fall into the trap of him."

Good but not great.

Athena D.
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 STARS

This is a MUST read new adult sports romance! You feel for Henley's loss and her unwavering loyalty to her best friend. I loved the banter and angst between Henley (Jimmy) and Lincoln (Stallion). This book is highly entertaining and I recommend picking up this book!

Fool Me Twice by Carrie Aarons will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ELITE!!!
*My Little Book Nook*
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh, my heart. I’m in love with Jimmy and Stallion.

Carrie had me neck deep in my emotions with the prologue. Then, every time I’d pull myself up to carry on, immersed in the humor and steam and secrets, she’d sneak back in with another gut punch that would leave me floundering once more in my feelings.

This book is such a sweet, sexy, emotional depiction of the persistence of love. The loyalty Henley feels for her friend Catherine conflicts directly with the connection she feels for Lincoln, and
Melissa Gloria - Meli’s Books and Coffee
Leave it to Carrie Aarons to have me a crying mess not even past the first chapter. Fool Me Twice is an emotional story that had me in tears. Henley and Catherine were best friends since they were 3 years old. But what do you do when before your best friend who's more like your sister wants you to finish her bucket list since she won't be around anymore to finish it? Ugh!! Tissues please...

The hardest item on the list was getting revenge on Lincoln Kolb. What Henley wasn't expecting was the chem
Karla Lopez
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Y’all this book has to be one of my favorite college romances. It has such a unique twist to the story. It’s a revenge plot and I kind of love that it’s the girl doing it to the guy instead of Vice versa. This book reminded me of the movie “She’s All That” with a twist. I loved it.

Lincoln is one of my book boyfriends for sure. This man melts your heart. LIKE LITERALLY. So, he was the cutest human who treated everyone good and loved so freakin hard. He was so mature about situations. There was t
✨ Lucy ✨
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
✨✨✨✨I LOVED IT!! I read it in less than 24 h , I was captured by every word .Henley had her own way of dealing with loss, I don't think there's a right way to do this, everyone is different. Everyone has his own secrets , after all everyone is fighting a battle you don't know about , so be kind always(It's always a good quote to mention ) . I loved how the author described one of the possible ways of dealing with it, in a new unique way... I really recommend it.
4.75 STARS⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Carrie Aarons
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Fool Me Twice is LIVE and FREE in KU! 😍🥳💗This new adult romantic comedy has as much heat as it does witty banter, with a revenge plot twist! Read it now! mybook.to/FoolMeTwice ...more
jos  (sportschicreads)
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked and intrigued by the blurb the moment I read it. Jimmy and Stallion (legit the cutest nicknames ever) were one of a kind. What other couple meets because of a bucket list consisting of a revenge plot written by a best friend who dies right before her 18th birthday?! Crazyyyyy.
Henley was a girl on a mission! She schemed. She knew exactly would it would take to make Lincoln Kolb fall for her. What she didn’t know was that he wasn’t what met the eye. He denied cocky jock stereotypes.
Victoria Weston
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time that I've read a book by this author and it was phenomenal, reading this book is heartbreaking but I knew from reading the prologue that I was hooked and I needed to see what was going to happen desperately, I was gripped.

Henley and Catherine have been friends since a very young age and they would do anything for each other. So when Catherine asks Henley to finish the bucket list she does.
Henley's best friend Catherine died at a very young at aged only 18 of cancer that sh
Marika Ray
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Carrie's Fool Me Twice is exactly what you're looking for when you pick up a New Adult Romance: laughter, misunderstandings, college drama, friend drama, tears, angst, and an ending that leaves you cheering for Henley and Lincoln. Highly entertaining, highly recommend. ...more
Chloe England
Feb 09, 2021 rated it did not like it
It just really was not very good. I saw a Tik tok by the author that lured me in, but I really wish it wouldn’t have. It’s very much was not my type of book. The occasional slut-shaming, the consistent writing errors, and the superficial characters were just not it for me.
Becky Rendon
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
What would you do for your ride or die person!?!?

What would you willingly do for your ride or die? People say, I'd help bury a body. They say they'd take bullet for someone. Hell, Bruno Mars says he'll catch a grenade, step in front of train, take a bullet to the brain...

But what would you do for your best friend? Would you...dye your hair? Probably. Would you go camping? Yeah. (I am not a bug preson, but I used to love camping as a kid.) Would you get revenge on the one who broke her heart? I k
Bookish Heidi
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jimmy and Stallion are quite the duo! Henley's best friend Catherine finds out she has cancer and that the cancer is going to win this time. They make a bucket list together and the last item on her bucket list is to get revenge on the jerk who broke her heart in high school. Before she passes away, she gives Henley the list so she can finish it for her. She tracks down Lincoln and manages to make him follow her around like a puppy. She's on the right track to break his heart. She gets in deeper ...more
Travis Peak
May 24, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Unlikable characters and just so stupid

Lincoln and Henley. Ugh. These 2 are both awful but Lincoln is a 1st ballot Hall of Fame douche bag. The biggest problem with this book is the immature writing. The author is absolutely terrified that the reader will forget for even the briefest of moments how hot and horny these 2 characters are. She beats you unconscious with all the sex, thoughts of sex, talking about sex, etc. Then when you think you can't take anymore she doubles down on it. The worst
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
I'm not past 42%, but I'm not sure I'll have the interest to finish this one. I seem to be in minority so far with Fool Me Twice, so it could very well be a case of "it's me, not the book".

From the very first sentence I was a little put off- "F**k, it's a fantastic morning to be a fantastic stud."- and unfortunately it didn't get any better for me.

Henley is beyond devastated when her best friend Catherine passes away after a battle with cancer, at only 18 years old. Catherine had been working
mlovestoread
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Henley Rowan came into my life like a meteor, destroying anything that came before her and changing the landscape of my life forever after. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

Fool Me Twice is sweet,emotional and well written story that had me laughing,crying and swooning all the time while I was reading it. It’s a story about grief,forgiveness and falling in love and I loved every moment I spent reading it.
My heart was breaking for Henley and I was in awe of her,of her determination,how she
Courtney
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Carrie Aarons has done it again!!! Fool Me Twice is another great standalone read from Carrie Aarons featuring Henley and Lincoln.

Henley and Lincoln, aka Jimmy and Stallion, respectively, are quite the pair.

I truly enjoyed reading about these two, not only as a couple but as individuals. Henley is grieving her best friend's passing and is respecting her best friend's wishes by completing her bucket list. And the very last wish is revenge on Lincoln Kolb

Lincoln is his high school's star quarterb
Avidez Literaria
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
“Henley Rowan came into my life like a meteor, destroying anything that came before her and changing the landscape of my life forever after.”

Henley has a mission: to finish her friend's list and thus honor her memory. Dyeing her long blond hair, camping, bungee jumping, will not be easy, but the last item on the list will be the most difficult. Taking revenge on her friend's ex will bring consequences that Henley never imagined.
Lincoln is willing to do anything to be a star. Being a football pla
Dayang
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
4⭐️

I've been dying to read this book ever since I signed up for it. The blurb was what got me hooked.

I'm sure you've already read the blurb, so I won't repeat that here anymore... All I'm going to say is that it's all kinds of sweet, sexy and heartwarming.

The pacing is great, the characters are captivating and the overall story is gripping... like you can't wait to get to the next page to know what happens between Lincoln and Henley.

It's was angsty, it's your normal college sports romance minus
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Warning - You will need Kleenex with you just to get through the prologue!!

Left with the task of completing the bucket list of her best friend after sh dies of cancer, Henley makes Catherine's wishes her priorities. Some are easy and some take time but the one that stands out the most is the revenge plotted against the man who broke Catherine's heart - Lincoln. When the shoe is on the other foot and Lincoln is now one that is going to get his heart broken, Henley has to stick to the plan. But wh
Stacie R.
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Henley is heading to college with a plan. Her best friend died of cancer and left her with an unfinished bucket list. She is going to finish that bucket list, and do what her friend couldn’t. Getting revenge on Lincoln Kolb should be easy for Henley, after all he’s the jerk who broke up with her best friend when she found out she was sick again. Catching his eye is easy, getting him to fall for her is working beautifully, but what Henley didn’t realize is that getting to know Lincoln might make ...more
Reading with 2 book lovers
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a story. Henley and Lincoln killed this story. What a fab read
Shirley Cuypers
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-beta, 2020, ebooks
Original review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Carrie Aarons!

Fool Me Twice
is a standalone Contemporary Romance about Henley and Lincoln.

Fool Me Twice is one of my favourite books by Carrie Aarons. When I started this book, it was really hard to put it down. I really loved the concept of this book and I had to know what was going to happen to the characters. You know that something bad is going to happen and you just don’t want it to happen…

I real
Elisa
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
** 4 JIMMY STARS!! **

Finally after two novels that I wasn't very passionate about, I found one that I really loved!
"Fool Me Twice" is Henley's story, an eighteen-year-old girl who promised her friend Catherine (who died of cancer) to complete her bucket list for her. They are almost all doable: dye her hair, have sex, camp in a tent, bungee jumping... but the last item is the most important one: get revenge on Lincoln Kolb.

Lincoln is the boy who broke Catherine's heart in high school, dumping he

• My Bestie's Ex (The Rooftop Crew, #1)
  • Fresh Meet (Kings of the Water, #2)
  • Bad Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy, #1)
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • Rebellion (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High, #2)
  • Rydeville Elite Box Set
  • Breathless
  • Surrender (Voyeur, #3.5)
  • Always Yours (Liam & Madelyn, #2; Roommate Duet, #6)
  • One Night Stand-In (Boyfriend Material #4)
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • Dying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #3)
  • All Geek to Me (Words for Nerds #1)
  • Just Getting Started (Fair Lakes, #2)
  • Teacher I Want to Date
  • Beloved Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy, #3)
  • Southern Chance (Southern, #1)
  • Resurrection (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High, #1)
Author of romance novels such as The Tenth Girl and Privileged, Carrie Aarons writes books that are just as swoon-worthy as they are sarcastic. A former journalist, she prefers the love stories of her imagination, and the athleisure dress code, much better.

When she isn't writing, Carrie is busy binging reality TV, having a love/hate relationship with cardio, and trying not to burn dinner. She’s a

News & Interviews

“You think you’re prepared for it … the death of someone you love. But you can’t know. You can’t know the kind of dagger, the dull kind inserted slowly into the muscle that the world views as the symbol of love. It rips apart every piece of flesh, every nerve, every vessel, every synapse.” 1 likes