Start by marking “The Falling of Stars” as Want to Read:
The Falling of Stars

The Falling of Stars

When a high school freshman commits suicide, everyone at Liberty School of Excellence is shocked—especially Eve Hunter, who is not only the English teacher at Liberty, but also a friend of the victim’s family. Although devastated, Eve is prepared to offer her love and support.

But when the grieving mother discloses her theory that her son was secretly bullied to death at
Published September 3rd 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about The Falling of Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Falling of Stars

Start your review of The Falling of Stars
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is undoubtedly most profound, multi sensory experience I've had this year that has left me dazzled and stunned. As I've peeled back layers and sublayers of this extraordinary story in my search for truth with Eve, I'm not sure having reached the end, I'm supposed to celebrate our success or weep with helplessness. For every truth unveiled, there's millions hiding in the dark.
Mind blowing, mind numbing. This is not JUST a story, it's a jarring, gut wrenching lesson about social evils of digi
warhawke

Read my interview with Traci Finlay here: https://wp.me/p5bsdH-2UO

Genre: Thriller
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Liberty School of Excellence prided itself for producing star students. When an unexpected tragedy strike, everyone was left reeling in disbelief, especially the victim’s mother. Eve Hunter answered the mother’s call for help to investigate what actually happened. With her own son Malik as a student, it became a priority to uncover the chilling truth before it’s too la
CC
4.5 Stars

Eve Hunter is a high school English teacher, a wife and a mother of two sons. Throughout her life, Eve has had to overcome certain trauma. When tragedy strikes a student, Eve sets out to help the mother get answers, but it becomes much more complicated than she could have imagined as her sophomore son, Malik, also becomes entangled in this web of manipulation.

“Your mission is set. Will you be a shooting star? Or a falling star?"

Narrated in dual POV, this story unfolds with complex l
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
I sat on this review for a day and I am still struggling. This book punched me in the gut. Immediately when it was over I messaged Traci and told her “your mind is a little messed up. You write a lot of creeps.” But as I thought about this, all night and day today, I realized the reason why it hits you so hard is that these things are real life. Yes, they are messed up situations, but they happen. Probably everyday. We are the ones who don’t think about them. We read our romances, we read our fi ...more
Anne OK
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
Oh mercy! This one ripped me to shreds with its gut-wrenchingly sinister and terrifying plot that is currently running through our daily newsreels. Evil knows no bounds sending panic into the halls of education and among young students, parents and teachers. Internet bullies -- need I say more? I cried and I screamed at how easily lives can be affected and ended.

Simultaneously painful and an inspiring page-turner. Superbly crafted by a skillful author whose message evokes not only gripping drama
talon smith
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Your worth is not determined by the lies in your mind."

I think that quote above represents this book for all that it is. The Falling of Stars was a powerful read that goes inside the mind of a mother and her teenage son. Two very different POV's but two people both struggling in their own ways. I know there are supposed to be all these twists and turns within the pages, and yes-- there are, but I think this book was way more than that, whether you liked the twists or not. The message inside of
Nikki Estes
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
”Your worth is not determined by the lies in your mind.” THIS one quote from The Falling of Stars hit me harder than anything and stayed true to the entire book. But in everyday life also. There is SO much to say about this book!!!!! Seriously another jaw dropping, mind twisted, masterpiece. There is so much compacted into it that it can literally take you days or weeks AFTER you finish it for the impact to truly hit you. One thing I’ve come to love about Traci’s work is her absolute to captivat ...more
Konny
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Falling of Stars by Traci Finlay is a full length, standalone novel and hands down my favorite read in 2019 so far.
The Falling of Stars is my second book by this incredibly talented and outstanding author. My first read by her was The Rules of Burken and I loved it so much. With The Falling of Stars she delivers another nailbiting, unputdownable mind fudging thriller of it's finest with suspense that had me in knots til the end.
Meet Eve and her teenage son Malik on the day of a funeral. A t
Paula  Phillips
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This had been a book I was interested in reading as it sounded intriguing and also as a fan of psychological thrillers and books about suicide, it seemed up my alley. It wasn't until I started getting really into it that it ended up blowing me away. This book was not only a psychological thriller but it also packed an emotional punch and focused on family dynamics, secrets and it made me wonder whether if we are all pushed to our limits would we overcome the status quo or would we bend to pressu ...more
 LEAH⇢
MY RATING⇢ 1.5 STARS | GRADE⇢ D

FEATURING⇢

Teen Suicide
Cyber-Bullying
Mystery
Psychological Thriller
More like Under-Thrilling
I actually paid for this book...
...but thankfully not very much

MY THOUGHTS⇢

Why does Amazon add genres to the titles of books?  This book's title is The Falling of Stars: A Psychological Thriller.  It seriously bugs me...but then a lot of things do...so moving on…

The Good:

⇢An intriguing premise of Cyber-Bullying...although, the execution was way off for me.
⇢Interesting family d
Sofia Lazaridou
Sep 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
The Falling of Stars is a stand-alone novel and Traci Finlay's second book. The blurb reveals too much in my opinion and it more than covers what I would say to summarise the story.

The main reason for my low rating is a frustration I started to feel halfway through the book. The story is told from Eve and Malik's point of view. Malik is Eve's son with another man and Eve's husband, Alex, is raising him as his own. That created some interesting dynamics in the family and they weren't explored en
Amy
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Traci Finlay puts you deep into the psyches of a mother and her son, building nearly excruciating tension until she reaches a climax that leaves you breathless.

Eve and Malik have been a unit since she was pregnant with him at sixteen. With a later marriage to Alex and a new son, Xander, the dichotomy between mother and eldest son remains symbiotic. She has his back, always, and he knows this. She defends him and is his fierce champion. It isn’t so much that she chooses him over Alex and Xander,
Lana (Bibliomedico)
Check Out My Full Review On Bibliomedico : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/20...
******************************************************************************

I started This Book Completely Blind , Without Even reading the Blurb . Why ? Simply because I wanted to Broaden My reading Genres , So when I read this book is a Psychological Thriller , Immediately I accepted To review It Without any Prior Knowledge .

And I’m Actually So Glad I did That . This Book Was highly interesting , Surprising a
Virginia
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Traci and I was soooo impressed!! The Falling of Stars was seriously so fantastic that I read it in one day. It consumed me.

This is a story that is powerful and has meaning. It is told in different points of view- those of a mother and a son both dealing with different things. Heavy things. Real life things that affect many people. If you are looking for a light, fluffy read this is not the book for you. This book is intense. It’s gripping. The realness of it is scary i
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Shelves: loved-it
I read the authors previous book so couldn’t resist reading this and I absolutely loved it.

It’s been over a week since I read this and I’m still struggling to review it. I know that no matter what I say my words won’t give the story the review it deserves.

One click this story and read Eve and her son Maliks story.

This story is in a league of its own. True real issues in a story that will stay with me for a long time. My mind was on full alert trying to think ahead and guess what was gonna happe
Katie
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. I loved the story, message and turn of events for this book. Every turn of the page had me wondering what was going to happen next. This really opened my eyes to what high schoolers deal with now days. Their lives are for everyone to see and talk about. Social media can ruin so many lives. I really enjoyed this book and recommend it!
Erica Russikoff
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edited
I am one member of a wife/husband review team. Here is the review from our book blog shesaidhesaidbookreviews.com.

She said:
The Falling of Stars is the story of what comes after a high-schooler has committed suicide. How it affects the boy’s family, friends, school. And how it penetrates the minds of two crucial characters, the dual narrators: Eve (a concerned mother) and Malik (Eve’s 16-year-old son who also happens to be a former friend of the deceased).

Before Traci begins weaving her suspensef
Misty
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow. As a mother of a teenage son, or maybe I should just say as a mother, and as someone who has lived through the aftermath of a suicide this book hit so close to home. I think we should all take heed to stories like this one because the events Traci Finlay so meticulously laid out are happening and it's happening more than it should.

The dual POV's between mother and son was the driving force behind this story. The different perspectives and struggles Eve and Marik were dealing with brought a
Laura Lee
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an emotional story to read! How the mastermind in this story could get completely embedded into the victim's head and weave the negative thoughts in a way to gut the victim. What a sick sick person to prey on teenagers who are so impressionable at that age.

It's every parents nightmare, their child committing suicide.

Did they miss the signs? What happened in the days prior? Could they, should they, would they... It's on constant loop in the parent who is grieving...

When this hits home wit
L.U. Ann
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy mackerole!!!!!! She's definitely someone to watch. Her writing is absolute impeccable. I have a huge book hangover!!!!
Stacy Cannon
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Binge worthy

Loved this story. Will definitely recommend this book as well as all the authors work. Keep in writing! I will keep on reading!
ReadingTilTheBreakOfDawn
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
All I have to say is that the first sentence right before chapter 1 outlines this book so well......
"Your worth is not determined by the lies in your mind."

Traci Finlay took a thriller and made it her own. This is more YA and I think I'll be able to share it with my oldest daughter. It deals with issues that are so now, whether we want to realize it or not and I think for that, my daughter would like it. Plus, Traci took a unique spin on the dual POV and had it in the mother's (Eve) POV and the
Andrea Phelps
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow...

The Falling of Stars is so powerful! I believe that everyone should read this book at least once! All I can say is.... wow!
Christine
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. *breathe* This book shook me. I needed to sit a minute after finishing it, just to digest. To have all the feels. To mourn, laugh, process. This book is a 7-star book. This is Traci Finlay’s 2nd book and she truly creates some magnificent storylines. Emotional, thrilling, suspenseful. This book dealt with many heavy subjects. It didn’t shock for shock value. It didn’t wrap up pretty so that you felt good and happy at the end. It was truthful and ugly in places. It made me FEEL. Again - ALL ...more
Sandy
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Falling of Stars by Traci Finlay Review
**4.25 STARS**

A high school freshman is dead. His grief striken mother refuses to believe he killed himself. Instead she spins theories that someone at their elite school drove him to suicide. She calls upon her friend, Eve Hunter, a teacher at the school to prove it. Eve wants to dismiss it as nonsense but some things don't add up.

Eve and her husband, Alex, both teach at Liberty. They have two sons they adore. Malik, the oldest, is the school quarterb
Emma (Emlovesreading)
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok so this book took me completely by surprise. I knew it was a suspense thriller boom but I was not expecting it to be so good. In fact this book is quite simply a masterpiece. Told from the duel POV of Eve a teacher and her son Malik who attends the school where Eve is the English teacher.
Both are in the process of grieving the loss of a family friend 14 year old Jordan, also a student at the same school who recently took his own life.
But something doesn’t quite sit right and Eve begins to i
Jenna
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Falling Of Stars shines a spotlight on the dangers of what lurks on the other side of ours and especially our children’s laptops and phones. The reality is terrifying.
Characters are my jam- I love a good read but what I really want from a story is to connect with the main characters and this book gave me that connection.
There is no love like the love a mother has for her child, and so I immediately connected with Eve, who loves her family fiercely. I could feel her heartbreak, her devotion
Mandy
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Whoa, that was intense and amazing. I don’t want to give a single thing away except to say, you have to read it!
Chasity
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh the emotions!!! What a rollercoaster. This hit me so damn hard, right in the first chapter and I was spiraling after that. Bravo to Traci, what a well written novel!
Jade Simcox (3 Degrees Of Fiction)
This is the first book by this author I have read. I love psychological thrillers but I have very mixed feelings about The Falling of Stars. I liked maybe 20% of this book.

Let’s start at the beginning, I struggled to get into the story. There’s a lot of characters all thrown at you at once and sometimes it was hard to keep track. We have dual POVs from mother and 16 year old son. I can’t say that I liked either of these characters. They didn’t stand out to me.

The story dragged for me in parts a

• Downfall (Kingdoms of Sin, #1)
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
  • Before You
  • Even If It Hurts
  • Twisted Circles (Secret Society, #2)
  • Where the Blame Lies (Where, #1)
  • F*ck Marriage
  • The Other Side
  • Heart Bones
  • Where the Truth Lives (Where, #2)
  • Regretting You
  • 5,331 Miles (The La Jolla Series, #1)
  • Exposed (Kingdoms of Sin, #2)
  • Lock Me In
  • Teach Me: A Novella
  • Moti on the Water
  • Miles Ahead (The La Jolla Series, #1.5)
  • Ruin Me
Traci Finlay grew up in the Midwest and transplanted to Florida for college. She received a bachelor’s degree in Communication Arts with a minor in English, met and married the love of her life and moved to Miami, where she currently lives with her husband, two sons, and two smart-mouthed dogs.

Growing up, she loved reading books, but had a particular passion for mysteries. Throughout her adulthood