Start by marking “The Truest Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Truest Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #4)

The Truest Thing

(Hart's Boardwalk #4)

New York Times Bestselling Author Samantha Young returns to Hart's Boardwalk in this emotional new story about taking chances and finding redemption...

Nine years ago, Emery Saunders moved to Hartwell to start her life over as a bookstore owner. Her inability to trust people made it hard for her to find a place in the small community until Jessica Lawson moved to town and b
Published August 18th 2020 by Samantha Young

To ask other readers questions about The Truest Thing, please sign up.
Jeanette Del Zio You could yes, however I think you will get a lot more out of it starting from book 1.

Start your review of The Truest Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #4)
Beatrice Masaluñga
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

It takes a while to collect my thoughts on how much I love The Truest Thing. I've a read a lot of romance stories that stirred my heart and soul and this book will forever be close to my heart. At two o'clock in the morning, I have a book hangover and I don't know what to read next.

Among the heroines in Hartwell Boardwalk series, Emery Saunders is my favorite and I'm DYING to read her story ever since this series began. She's a bookstore caf
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
What do we know about Jack Devlin? He is the son of Ian Devlin, probably the most disliked businessman in town. He used to be best friend’s with Cooper until he totally broke bro code in the worst way imaginable. He is known to be a player, never short of female attention. We have seen glimpses of the real Jack, the good things he has done that people don’t see. Above all of that, is the way he reacts to and looks at Emery, the shy bookstore owner.

Emery moved to town nine years ago, opening a bo
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Emery and Jack.

We all remember them.

She's the quiet and super shy coffee shop / book store owner billionaire heiress. And he is the son of the town's villain.

In the first part of the book we go back to when Emery arrived in town almost a decade ago. We see how she met Jack and how they kind of fell for each other instantly. But we also see how it's not really happening for them through the years. Jack is too deep into dirty business with his family and he doesn't want to drag Emery into it.

And t
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3 STARS
She was pure temptation. He couldn’t have her. But, fuck, did he want her.

I adore all things Samantha Young and I've absolutely adored her Hart's Boardwalk series. But while I did ultimately enjoy this one, it certainly wasn't my favorite in the series.

Jack and Emery's story is not an easy one. It spans years and is riddled with dark secrets, betrayal, and pain. Emery was a character I wasn't sure that I'd love at first. She's painfully shy, timid, and blushes with a stiff wi
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
<3 5 STARS <3

I spend my day on the beach reading this.It was sweet with the great amount of drama! Emery and Jack’s story is intense, emotional,sweet and heartwarming!I was so intrigued and excited to see how their story will unravel!

Emery is shy and sweet.Jack is protective, and it was hard for him what he went through, he wanted Emery from the beginning!I liked their moments together they were intense.They have a great banter!

I love this series and this one was exactly what I needed!

MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

CC13927D_1C85_4396_B0E7_E1281FC45D20

Nine years ago Emery Saunders moved to the small tourist beach town called Hartwell in Delaware's Cape Region to start over and follow her dreams of opening up a bookstore cafe. For so long the quiet, shy bookworm was lonely as she tried to figure out where she fit in her community. Then she finds the people who accept her just as she is. She's grateful for the friendships she's made, but hasn't had luck in the romance department. The one man she found irresis
Rachel Reads Ravenously
While I ultimately liked this book, there's a part of me that's saying "I waited 4 years for THIS?".

Emery and Jack were a couple I wanted a book for since the first book in the series, and while I am glad Young wrote it, it felt all over the place and ultimately unsatisfying. There were great moments and some excellent steamy ones as well. I just found myself putting the book down and walking away for long periods of time.
Izzie d
Aug 18, 2020 rated it liked it
AJ
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“She was his and he was hers, and he felt that deep in his fucking soul.”

5 stars!

Oh, so beautiful! A love story full of heartache, romance and so much swoon, this book sucked me in and didn’t let go, and I loved every heart-clutching moment of it!

Jack and Emery’s story has been building quietly through the series, and I dove into this book with so much excitement, desperate to see what would unfold between the shy, quiet bookstore owner and the bad-guy-with-a-heart who is so much more than wha
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
It’s been a long time coming for Emery and Jack. When they were first introduced in the Hart’s Boardwalk series, I knew I need their romance asap. It’s been a few years, but The Truest Thing is finally here and it was just as angsty and tortured like I expected! Though book three, Things We Never Said, is still my favorite of the series, I’m so glad we get to read this much awaited story and would highly recommend it for longtime fans of the series.

Emery moved to the small boardwalk town of Hart
Syndi
Jun 19, 2021 rated it liked it
I am really torn about The Truest Thing. I really am. The writing is excellent as usual. This is something to be expected from Miss Young.

What really throw me off is the glaring loop holes on the plot. I usually can dismiss some silly loop hole in the romance book. Understanding because the authors need to heighten the drama/ plot.

Not in this case. The characters of Emiry is so confusing. She is a brave, shy, rich heroine. And yet she can not get her logical head playing part when Jack left her
Sannia
WHY??? At least level the goddamn playing field a bit. He's with tons of OW for nearly a decade while she pines away. Sorry authors---that is neither admirable or endearing. Not in the slightest. Christ. ...more
Lu Bielefeld
2 ⭐⭐ - Meh!
============

I don't know what to say! WTF!
---
Zero made one bad decision after another and turned his life into a mess.
He cheated on his best friend with his wife.
Zero joined his family in their dirty work.
Zero had sex with all the women who crossed his path, including the ones his father needed to get their dirty plans going.
Zero practically rubbed other women in Zeroine's face.
Zero pushed Zeroine out of his life on several occasions and always in a really humiliating way for Zeroi
Vilma
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With THE TRUEST THING, Samantha Young caps an incredible series with a sweeping finale that left me breathless.

This fourth and final installment in the Hart’s Boardwalk series is utterly perfect—a love story nine years in the making. We finally learn the truth behind Hartwell’s two-timing villain and how he fell hard and fast for a quiet bookstore owner. Their story is anything but straightforward, rather, it’s a twisted journey punctuated by deception and heartbreak, scarred by secrets which fe
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

This is the story I've been waiting for ever since we were first introduced to Jack...and it was everything I thought it would be even though I wish it would've been more.

I'm not really going to review the town, the relationships, etc., because this is book four and the last book and it would feel a little redundant. Also, I don't want to spoil anything for the prior books.

From the first book, I always felt that Jack and Emery would end up together so that was no surprise and I wasn't rea
Bookphenomena (Micky)
Fans of this series have been waiting for this book, for Emery’s story in particular. She’s been a rather special side character, present in most of the previous books and I have needed to see her story in focus. Thus the joy at this precious landing on my kindle.

I liked the style of storytelling for THE TRUEST THING, it started nine years ago and edged its way through Emery and Jack’s hurtful dance around one another to the present time. It was frustrating, slow-burnish and traumatic all at onc
Elizabeth
Aug 13, 2020 marked it as nope-nope-nope  ·  review of another edition

Surprise, surprise, pining celibate heroine while the hero gets to have his fun for NINE YEARS

-----
I was interested in this one but want to know if heroine is celibate as that will turn me off, because in another book in this series Jack is seen walking out of womens hotel rooms. I am not into the whole I love you so much, but i have needs that need to be met. Over it, its 2020, thats enough!

If anyone knows please spoil me!
Rose
Aug 21, 2020 rated it did not like it
I’ve never DNF’d a book at 3%... until now

Started this without really seeing reviews, got to 3 percent and wanted to reread the blurb, saw a friends review. And I refuse refuse refuse to read a book where the h is celibate for 9 years and watched the H be a manwhore.

It is 2020. Let me repeat, it is 2020. Even the SHYEST, most AWKWARD, WEIRDEST, most quirky people go on dates and have sex. So her being shy, isn’t an excuse. Her shyness is used as an excuse to adhere to current cultural norms whic
Cell
Seline
Aug 19, 2020 marked it as did-not-finish
I was so excited to realize that this book came out because I’ve been waiting for this but to be honest I’m not feeling it at the moment. I’ll probably get back to this later.

DNF 45%
Jessica Morales-Lafaille
I missed reading book 3 and was worried I will be lost. I definitely wasn't lost it went over what happened on the past.

We meet Emery a shy book store owner. Who is trying to hide her family history. She doesn't want people knowing she is rich.

To protect everyone Jack loved he had to hurt them so they won't want to be in his life. He had to make his father happy to protect his sister. He hated his father more and more each day passed.

Emery and Jack had a instant attraction from the day they me
Antonella
after so many years of waiting for this story, I feel a little bit disappointed
liked the epilogue with everyone in the series getting their cute & sweet HEA
but the main romance was very underwhelming
HMS
I love a book where the anti-hero completely redeems himself. I just couldn't get enough of Jack.

More to come, maybe...
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

As with every trip back to Hartwell, I knew I was going to be happy, and said, and angry and frustrated.

Samantha Young did not disappoint there.

One thing Samantha Young goes, and does well, is give us a tale that is not rushed and insta. Her stories are told over a number of years, and leave the reader yearning for the characters to find their HEA.

Jack and Emery's decade long tale left me, most of the time, wanting to throw my reader across the room. When I wasn'
Kinga Abigel Szabo
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT! and it got me like >

In The Truest Thing Samantha Young once again, managed to give us the perfect combination of emotional roller coaster, fun, laugh out loud moments, suspense, and examples of true friendship, all of it wrapped up in a beautiful love story with a bow on top.

I was looking forward to this one, because, for me, Emery Saunders and Jack Devlin were the most intriguing characters in this little town. She is the mysterious, beautiful but shy owner of a bookstore/coffee shop
Suzanne
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been DYING to get my hands on this book since Samantha Young announced we were finally getting Emery and Jack’s story. I can honestly say she does not disappoint with this one because I devoured it. I could not put it down. The twists and turns and the passion. It was absolutely everything for me. I have been intrigued by these two and their under currents since book one of this series. What we get with their book is such raw emotions between them and finally knowing why Jack did a lot of ...more
Has
Aug 18, 2020 rated it did not like it
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“You’re supposed to hate me. It’s for the best. But I hate that you hate me.”

At long last, Samantha Young takes us back to the quaint little coastal town of Hartwell, Delaware with a secret love story spanning a decade as two unlikely lovers discover they’re meant for each other. Book after book, this entire series has kept me spellbound with its colourful characters and the powerful bonds between them, but it seems like every story so far has been leading up to this one. We finally
nick (the infinite limits of love)
MY CHEST. IT ACHES. I've been waiting for Emery and Jack's book since we met Emery in The One Real Thing back in 2016. One of my favorite books of all time, Lisa Kleypas' Devil in Winter has the pairing of an anti-hero and a shy heroine, which is why I think I was dying for this book. Four years later, Samantha Young gave us Emery and Jack's love story and I pretty much devoured it.

Emery may have been a quiet, shy, and introverted heroine, but she possessed a lot of inner strength. Behind the be
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, own, paperback
4.5 Truest Stars!

He looked at me...
Like Vaughn looked at Bailey.
Like Michael at Dahlia.
Cooper at Jess.
Oh my God.

You know what I love most about Sam Young? She writes EPIC love stories. The kind of love stories that are years in the making. Years of heartbreak, sacrifices, and misunderstandings. In Jack and Emery's case, nine whole years lead up to their epic story. And it was fantastic.

We've all been craving this one since Bailey and Vaughn's book. There was always something so intriguing about
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Bound by Forever (True Immortality, #3)
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Truth or Beard (Winston Brothers, #1)
  • Archer's Voice
  • Trouble at Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #2)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Boys of Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #1)
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • Matched (Matched, #1)
  • Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)
  • Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5)
  • Take (Temptation, #2)
  • Trust (Temptation, #3)
  • Lucky (Lucky #1)
  • I Wish You All the Best (I Wish You All the Best, #1)
  • Your French Kisses (Boyfriend Material, #5)
  • Troublemaker
  • Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6)
See top shelves…
Samantha Young is a New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. She's been nominated for several Goodreads Choice Awards. Samantha writes adult contemporary and paranormal romance, YA urban fantasy and YA contemporary fiction and is currently published in 31 countries.
She resides in Scotland.

Hart's Boardwalk (4 books)
  • The One Real Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #1)
  • Every Little Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #2)
  • Things We Never Said (Hart's Boardwalk, #3)