Start by marking “The Other Brother (Beta Brothers #4)” as Want to Read:
The Other Brother (Beta Brothers #4)

The Other Brother

(Beta Brothers #4)

I never imagined I’d hit rock bottom.

To be honest, the only thing I expected less was him.

From the moment our eyes met across the zucchini, something woke in me and started dusting away the cobwebs I’d let gather around my heart.

Not that there was anything loveable about the guy. He was gentle as a scorpion when I met him, and his venomous words stung me more than on
Published July 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Other Brother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Other Brother

Start your review of The Other Brother (Beta Brothers #4)
Sandra Hoover
A heartwarming, modern Cinderella & Prince Charming story! Ash and Piper meet in the grocery store produce department when she advises him on the art of picking out the perfect zucchini squash (cue the sexual innuendos) and then promptly disappears. They meet for a second time at a charity event when he criticizes one of her appetizers as being too salty and then offers her a job as his personal full-time chef. Piper is literally "Cinderella" - down on her luck, hungry & thin, and living and wor ...more
Lauren Seiberling
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such an "awwww-inspiring" story!

And a fairy tale, indeed!

Piper had it rough for a long time, but she never stopped following her dream. Hazel's writing was so good that I could FEEL Piper's hunger for a culinary career. And the cajones on her when she first encountered Ash at the zucchini was priceless!

What I liked the most about her, though, is that she was the perfect balance of independent but also knew that is's okay for a woman to need and accept and want help from a man. Because that's wha
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
-Sara, 4 stars

This story took some time for me to get into it. I felt it dragged on a bit to get to where I was hooked but once I was I couldn’t put it down.

I disliked Ash a lot until closer to the end he made me mad and I even shed a few tears for her asshat attitude but his love for Piper was pure. I loved Piper from the beginning and felt for her instantly. I was rooting for the happily ever after she deserved and I’m glad Ash was able to give it to her.

I was a little sad I didn’t get a baby
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: This review MAY contain spoilers. I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

Oh my glob, you guys, this book! I loved this book! I honestly wasn't that impressed by the cover or the title of the book but the synopsis caught my attention. I am so glad that I took a chance on this book.

This book immediately hooked me. I was rooted in this story from the very start like a caffeine addict that can't quit coffee. The writi
Dilek VT
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
I didn't like this book at all and after giving 2 stars to the two books I have read from this writer, I have decided that maybe this writer is not for me.

This book was not to my liking because:

1. I didn't like the characters, neither the hero, nor the heroine.

Ash was an asshole more than a few times and although he didn't apologize, they kept having sex, which made me dislike the heroine even more. Ash had trust issues and that's why, he acted like a dick towards her and he didn't come clean o
Lindsay
As I finished this book, I went and checked out the other ratings of this book to see if anyone else was feeling the same way about this book. What I found out is, I'm in the minority. This book just didn't work for me. It was just ok.

The book actually started out pretty great. The author did a great job setting up the characters. Showing their lives, the meet cute (more on this in a second) and the job offer. But somewhere along the line, things just…went south for me.

So, the meet-cute.

Let
Atlanta Whitlock
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know for a fact that whenever I am in a slump or something I can always count on one of Hazel Kelly’s books to cheer me right up and yet again she has done another amazing job. I always tend to feel a little better after reading her work and this book had me so drawn in and made me forget about what was happening in the real world for a few hours and I loved that. Hazel knows what her readers want and knows how to deliver such incredible stories. The one thing that I loved more than anything i ...more
BookAddict
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Although I’m beyond over the billionaire trope, I really enjoyed the premise of this book. Hot rich guy “rescues” a down-on-her-luck girl after he meets her at the grocery store and later a charity function where she's working as a caterer. Piper dreams of opening her own restaurant one day, but right now she needs to get out of a bad living situation, so becoming Ash's personal chef, with room and board included, seems like the right move.

I really liked these characters. They were well develope
Emmyjo
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book is great.
Piper thinks that all she has is just working two jobs and not knowing when she will achieve her goal, her dream of opening a restaurant. But when her boss leaves everything up to her one night when they are catering an art show. Piper thinks this is my chance to prove I can handle this job and take on more. Changing up the menu is just the thing or so she thinks.

Ash a billionaire who keeps losing all his housekeeper/cooks thinks there isn't a great person out there to im
Jenny Hobson
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldnt put it down!
I finished this book at 2:30am as I couldn't bear to stop in the middle of it.
The Other Brother follows Piper (Zoeys best friend) and Ash a rich dude with a hurtful past.
Piper is still trying to get over things from her past and is down on her luck. She find her life totally changed when she meets Ash who offers her a job. They are both dealing with issues from there past that are stopping them moving forward.
The tension between the two was sizzling! They have lots of bu
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story and was very entertaining. Once I started I could not put it down. The chemistry between the hero and heroine is sizzling hot. I would recommend this to anyone that loves a great love story.
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable read. Piper is down on her luck and when given the opportunity to better herself she takes it. Her and Ash had an instant connection. However, they both have pasts that are difficult. Thankfully in the end they both come to their senses and get what they want.
Emma Roberts
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book from Hazel! Just loved Ash and Piper story. Always look forward to the next book from Hazel and this was just as amazing as the rest.
Great book and highly recommended
Amy Dickinson
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hazel Kelly is a new author to me. I found her through an ARC service, as I received an ARC of this book, The Other Brother, for an honest review. I love to find new authors to me especially when they have written a book that I've fallen in love with. And that is the case of The Other Brother. I fell quickly in love with Piper and Ash.

Obviously, it would have been nice to have read the other books in her line up of books. Kelly throws around the names of other characters whom she has introduced
Closet Romance Reader
What a sweet story - a down on her luck princess meets her grumpy Prince Charming! The Other Brother was the fourth book in Hazel’s Beta Brothers series. I was on the fence with the last book but she hooked me on this one. It was a fun and sexy read!

Ash first met Piper in the vegetable aisle and for some reason he couldn’t stop thinking about her. The second time he saw her he knew he couldn’t let her walk away. Would asking her to work for him be too much?

Piper was trying to make ends meet and
Connie
Sweet! Sassy! Suspenseful!
Piper has really had a tough go of it. Her rich parents disowned her because of an unplanned pregnancy. Piper has no money and no place to stay.
I felt so sorry for Piper because she, as so many young women do, find themselves at the mercy of sleazy, creepy, and "ought to be in jail" con-men!
But one day, shopping for zucchini for her catering job, Piper meets Ash, a self-made millionaire, who needs to hire a personal chef. The problem: Piper's past keeps popping up at t
Leah
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a free ARC of this novel via Hidden Gems in exchange for an honest review. That being said, my opinion is my own.

This is the fourth book in this series but it really feels like a standalone novel. The other three had characters that were all interwoven in the stories where this one kinda does but doesn't. That is the only negative about this story. The plot is great and kept me engaged the entire time. The character development is right on point and very nicely done.
Jolie
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Other Brother was the last book in a weeklong romance binge. Yes, I binge-read a ton of romance novels over the past week. I thought that The Other Brother would be the perfect end for this marathon. And it was. I enjoyed reading it.

The Other Brother’s plot was simple. Piper is a chef who is down on her luck. Forced to drop out of culinary school, she works two jobs. One at a sleazy diner and the other for a catering service. Due to circumstance beyond her control, she is forced to live with
READ ME ROMANCE
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
I am a fan of Hazel Kelly and highly recommend The Other Brother. Ash Warburton, is a hero to me and not the beast as described by others. He started a successful company with his own smarts and vision; was not pretentious, loved his sister and niece; was demanding with high expectations, but treated people with respect; he wasn’t a player and was really a homebody when not at work, and was loving, giving, and generous. He suffered from a betrayal and broken heart from long ago which made him a ...more
S Paschal
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read from Hazel Kelly and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. The character development of both Piper and Ash was strong, with enough back story to explain their behavior and personalities. Piper is spunky and self-assured and Ash is a true alpha male - dominant and self-confident. The two together have explosive chemistry, challenge each other and seem to complement each other.

Piper, an aspiring chef, takes a leap of faith when she is offered the position of pers
Marsha
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story was about a cold and stand offish billionaire and a homeless waif of a girl with lots of big dreams. After a second chance encounter he was intrigued enough to pursue her. After he hires her is be his personal chef, they begin to grow closer. Both had a past that they kept a secret which in turn caused several explosive outbreaks between the two. His character was cold and sometimes heartless, but he was also struggling with inner pain and could be the best kind of guy. She was a bit ...more
Marisa Scolamiero
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book!! Piper and Ash were a fantastic pair. I loved how they kept bumping into each other and how taken with each other they both were. Ash is a no nonsense guy who knows what he wants and what he likes. Piper is struggling to get by and while she has dreams of owning her own restaurant it seems so far out of her grasp she hopes that she is able to hold her head above water with the two jobs she's keeping so that she doesn't starve. When Ash offers her a job to be his per ...more
Pam Schaeffer
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just love this Beta series. It is stated that can be read as a standalone, but I would read them in order. This is not Piper's first time in this series and I think it is very important to read My Best Friend's Ex: A New Adult College Romance (Beta Brothers Book 1) to really understand Piper. But if you don't want to read the first book, you still could read this book and still love the story.

Piper is a down and out wanna be Chef. She works two jobs and lives with an abusive male roommate. Her
Elizabeth
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: cocktails-reads, arc
3.25 Stars
Ms Kelly is a new author for me and I picked this up on description alone. This is a stand-alone work that seems to be connected to other books, but I don’t know if they are from the same series or not.

Ash and Piper are interesting characters and the meet cutes that lead to their forming a business relationship are entertaining. I enjoyed seeing them get to know each other and gradually become more than coworkers.

I really struggled with how to rate this story. On one hand, I enjoyed
May Lark
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great read I couldn’t put down

Hazel Kelly is one of my go to authors and I was surprised by this book’s release, like an unexpected gift. I read it all in one sitting. I have a soft spot for reimagined fairy tales and this was one of the better versions of this story I’ve read. There were a few things I didn’t quite get closure on with this story, though, and I hope Hazel releases a bonus chapter or something to give better closure to Ash’s desire for family, and more about his sister and niec
Sarah Light
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ash is the typical billionaire bachelor man, he spends him money how he wants, and he wants someone that can cook. A trip to the grocery store changes his world, Ash is rather gruff and is not used to people just coming up to him, let alone telling him what he should do. So when Piper confronts him in the veggie section of the store, telling him he is purchasing the wrong zucchini, he is pleasantly surprised, but before he can utter a word, she is out of his reach.

Piper is a woman with a passion
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Amount of sex 2.5 / 5
How explicit is the sex scenes 2.5 / 5
Story 4 / 5
Overall: 4 / 5

The Other Brother is the fourth book in the Beta Brothers series and a complete standalone romance. Each book in the series focuses on a different brother from the Beta Fraternity house. Unlike the other books, this story takes place outside of the college, and it tells the story of Ash Warburton, who is a very successful businessman. He doesn’t trust very easily and still dealing with the fallout from his last r
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
My first from this author and I really enjoyed her style of writing, it flowed nicely with good dialogue and well rounded characters, both of whom I liked instantly.
Piper is struggling, but she is determined to realise her dream of becoming a top chef in her own restaurant.... a chance encounter and job opportunity with a gruff, opinionated businessman could help her earn enough money to finally bring her dream to fruition.
Ash is just going through the motions... he is bitter and hurt from a pas
Space Cowgirl
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Personal Chef🍱🍣 to the Billionaire💰

Okay, so this is a fantasy🐉🌈...
The Author has outspoken Piper💃💋 asking for a $10,000 salary per month as a live in personal chef to Ash🐺🍆⛲💰, a handsome young billionaire, when she is barely scraping by. This is NYC, but I was amazed.

The chances of Piper💃💋 meeting Ash🐺🍆⛲💰 twice in two days was an amazing coincidence, too. First she talks to him at an upscale grocery, then when she substitutes as a caterer🍱🍣 at an art gallery showing, he talks to her.

Before As
Linda
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the book blurb. It really sets the tone for this emotional, absorbing romance that hooked me from page one. Part of me wishes I had read book one of the series before reading this one because I would love to know more of what happened in Piper's life that got her to this point but from the reviews I read it doesn't sound as if she was the most likable character so maybe I am better off not knowing. In this book I find her to be a very sympathetic character and I liked her a lot. The same ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Flipping His Script
  • To Have and Hate
  • Just Faking It (Brother's Best Friend #5)
  • Ask Me Why
  • Unexpected Roommate (Turning Good, #4)
  • The Red Zone
  • The Fake (Smart Jocks #4)
  • Winning His Wife (Baby Daddy University, #1)
  • Boss of Me
  • I Hate You
  • Hero Baby Daddy (My Baby Daddy, #4)
  • Wordless
  • Joey (Bossy Brothers, #2)
  • Buying His Baby (Baby Daddy University, #2)
  • Kinda Hate You
  • The Hardest Hit
  • Sold to the Mob Boss (Russian Crime Brotherhood, #3)
  • Knocked Up by the Mob Boss (Russian Crime Brotherhood, #4)
Hazel Kelly is an Amazon bestselling author who writes sweet and steamy romance that will make you smile all over.

When she's not traveling the globe in search of cozy hammocks to write in, she enjoys tackling her tbr list with a nice big glass of anything will do. She lives in Dublin with her favorite Irishman and their three-legged cat.

For updates (and warm fuzzies!) follow Hazel on:
Facebook➜ ww

Beta Brothers (4 books)
  • My Best Friend's Ex
  • Friends with Benefits (Beta Brothers, #2)
  • Professor with Benefits (Beta Brothers #3)