Start by marking “Sliver of Truth (Shattered Hearts of Carolina)” as Want to Read:
Sliver of Truth (Shattered Hearts of Carolina)

Sliver of Truth

(Shattered Hearts of Carolina)

A stripper. A handyman. An impossible secret.
Is it love or lust? And what happens when a mill girl breaks the cardinal rule?

Men beg to touch her body. Yet, I’m the one grasping onto Cece time and time again.

I tried to keep them away for her safety and to help her reach the goal of a better life. We were careful to make sure what happened between us remained unnoticed. But
Kindle Edition
Published October 22nd 2020

To ask other readers questions about Sliver of Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sliver of Truth

Start your review of Sliver of Truth (Shattered Hearts of Carolina)
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
A Full of Feels Beautiful Story which makes us pause and Think what we'd do in similar Situations.
I loved Dusty, Celine and Other(+Some New) Characters!
DEVOURED this in 8hrs.
ARC Received for a Honest Review.

Dusty & Celine ‘Cece’ are characters we know from Her brother-Morgan's Book [Shred of Decency], Both have been fuck-buddies for a year, both Want more..But: He wants her to achieve her dream 1st AND She's uncertain about her place in his life (Insecurity issues too!).
The two have their Proble
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Shelves: loved-it
Sliver of Truth is book three in the Shattered Hearts of Carolina series.

We now get Dusty and Celines story. These two have had a friends with benefits relationship and now they want more. They both have personal obstacles they need to overcome before they can open their hearts to each other.

I thought this was a brilliant read. I’m really looking forward to reading more from this author in the future.
World Of Books 65
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jody Kaye has produced quite an extraordinary book. Sliver of Truth is not a standard read by any stretch of the imagination. Don't get me wrong it is smoking hot and the chemistry between Dusty and Celine is of the charts from the beginning but if you take the time to really read the book there is so much depth to this story.

SLIVER Means - Fragment - Shard - Splinter

Sliver of Truth lives up to it's name -
Dusty and Celine are FRAGMENTED from the start; after Dusty suffered an injury in a
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in this amazing series and is Dusty and Cece’s story. The chemistry between these two is off the charts, and they have had a friends-with-benefits relationship going on for a year, and both want more. Dusty is a smart and caring guy, while Cece has insecurity issues due to her tough upbringing, which had left her scared to love. When it comes to the point in their relationship where Dusty is adamant that he does not want to be her dirty little secret anymore will Cece finall ...more
Joyce Panitch
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The one thing I like about a series is having a group of characters that become friends, especially when they are as well developed as the ones in this series. One book will focus on one person (or several) while the others remain in the background. The next book will have that person in the background while others come forward. Jody has mastered this technique quite well.
In the last book, handyman Dusty was just a person in passing. I thought he was of lower intelligence. Boy was I wrong when
Beth (Beautiful Chaos Reviews)
This is the book I wasn't expecting! Okay, I'll be honest. This was my first book by Jody Kaye but it won't be my last!

When the opportunity came to review a review a book with a H with a stutter I jumped at the opportunity. I myself live with a disability and it's rare I find disabled H's or h's.

This book was fantastic! Even though it is part of an interconnected series I had no problem falling into the world built. Celine and Dusty have a connection they can't deny. It's hot, steamy and forbid
Anne
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can empathise with Dusty as I was a severe stutterer as a child and still to hide it as an adult when I get angry, I pretend to think for a word until I can pronounce it properly.
Dusty and Cece had a hard struggle coming to terms with who they were in the past to where they are now and what they want for their future.
This series has touched me in so many ways and Jody Kaye has dealt with each scenario with so much sympathy and understanding. A reminder that disabled people need to be respected
Stevie Schneider
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dusty and CeCe have been friends with benefits for over a year now, and they both want more. Dusty is completely sweet and totally swoon-worthy. CeCe on the other hand had a shitty upbringing so of course she deals with lots of trust issues and insecurities. When Dusty is done hiding their relationship can CeCe commit? Jody Kaye has done an amazing job not only on this story but discussing the sensitive topics that take place. Her writing skills never cease to amaze me because she keeps you on y ...more
Brenda Moser
Dec 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written story with strong characters in Dusty and Celine. The author does a great job building their story and pulled me in with all the emotions flowing throughout. It's a story of two people with broken pasts as well as dealing with addiction and disabilities. It's brought to life with detailed and descriptive scenes and it's a true page turner. Well done!

Elisha Campbell
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. I felt like it was a little different than the first two books in the series, but that is likely because Dusty and Celine are different people than Trig, Kimber, Aidy, and Morgan. I enjoyed that I, as the reader, feel more and more like I am part of the "mill" family with each book that I read. As much as events are from different character's perspectives with each book, knowing the other characters and having read from their personalities is helpful in creating a reall ...more
Pat
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was so well written with a plot that flowed smoothly from page to page and characters that were created with such great detail and depth that Dusty and Celine kept me so invested in their story that I read this book in one sitting!
Paula Genereau
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing. I absolutely loved it. It definitely is one that you cant put down.
Nancy Kehl
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Secrets, doubts, lust and love...any or all can bring a person to their knees. Trusting someone is a very hard thing to do when cruelty is usually the rewards for who you are. Can Dusty and Cee open their hearts to each other or does their pasts break them apart?? I loved them both and their journey. ❤❤❤❤❤ I volunteered an honest opinion for this book.
Kim Owens
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am not really sure where to start with my review! I have loved every single book Jody has written. Sliver of Truth was no exception! It was an outstanding read that I could not put down.
It is always nice to be several books in to a series because there is familiarity with the characters. It is a bit like coming home to old friends, and getting to know newer friends better. That is how Celine and Dusty's story was for me! As always, the characters are exceptionally well developed, which is a M
Sunny Shelly Reads
3.5 Stars

Sliver of Truth is an amazing story of wanting more, being afraid to take a leap and doing it anyway, and learning that there is so much more to a person than meets the eye.

Stripper CeCe and handyman Dusty have been having a secret affair for a year, and now that she's about to leave the club where they both work, he wants more from their relationship. Namely, no longer being secret friends with benefits. When Dusty demands to be more than a dirty little secret, will CeCe step up or wat
Ginger
Oct 25, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm starting this review by stating something that I wish someone had warned me before starting this book. This is not a standalone story! Please start the first couple of books in the 'Shattered Hearts of Carolina' series before reading 'Sliver of Truth'. Celine and Dusty's life is not in a bubble and it's scattered with friends and family that have involved and complicated histories that are barely touched on in this book. It left me skimming through scenes that I would have appreciated more i ...more
Jenni
Dec 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Celine (Cees/Cece) works at Sweet Caroline's and lives at the mill to help pay her her tuition for a physician's assistant programme, which she will soon graduate and leave the dancing behind her. But that's not all she would be leaving. Dusty had seen how Celine didnt treat him like a child or look down at him, being the maintenance guy for the club and the mill, she was different but their relationship (if you can call it that) was hidden from the others and Dusty soon sees theres no need to h ...more
lf
May 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Dirty secret or coming clean...

Sliver of Truth is the third book in the Shattered Hearts of Carolina series and is the story of CeCe and Dusty. I will start off by saying that as I was reading this book I realized that you really have to read this series in order, as there is a lot of character cross-over and possibly story-line continuations. So for me this story was good but it was not the full meal I had expected. But even with this issue I still found the story-line to be well plotted and th
Bookthief
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When an accident derails Dusty's job and leaves him with a speech impediment, he takes on a job at a strip joint. He is quiet and goes about his business, except for the past year he has secretly been servicing Celine, Cece, too. With cece leaving the business behind and becoming a PA, Dusty is at a crossroads, does he go for her now that they are no longer working together? And what about their friends, will they support them now that they both are admitting they have feelings for each other? ...more
Penny Ellgass
Dec 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
3rd in series, this book met my expectations. While it does not deal with as obvious abuses as the first 2. It does deal with the devistation of parental neglect, and it long reaching effects. This one is probably more common.
Cece does not believe in her value and this causes problems in her life, this something she struggles to overcome.
I loved this story as much as the last 2, and will continue to read more by Jody Kaye.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leav
Sally
Dec 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the series and it doesn't disappoint.
Dusty and Celine have been been friends with benefits for a year now but she is leaving her striping job and possibly the Mill so will they still keep seeing each other.
They both have insecurities but when its time for her to stand up for him or will her past get in her way.
I loved these two together but can they make it work.
Full of emotion, drama but also so much hurt but will they make it work together.
I am loving this series.

I re
Mzlegz
Dec 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book had so many lessons in it that I loved. Dusty didn’t give up on life after his accident. CeCe proved it’s not where you come from but where you wanna go. Family isn’t always related by blood. Assumptions will keep one bogged down by unnecessary misunderstandings and stress. Plans are laughable. Even the toughest men fall and concede to playing tea party while wearing boas for their daughters. Love conquers all and those women and men are fertile!!!

I received a free copy of this book vi
Anna  M_82
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After reading Morgan’s story in “Shred of Decency” I was excited to read his sister Cece’s story. They have both had a rough upbringing and are trying to make a better way for themselves as adults. Cece is a stripper while working through school to be a PA. Dusty works at the strip club. They have secret hookups but will it ever become a public relationship? They both have pasts to overcome and mistakes are made in pursuit of a HEA.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am volunt
Geraldine Streit
Dec 02, 2020 rated it liked it
I really don’t like Céline, she is shallow, uptight and judgmental in my opinion and she make it really difficult to hope for her happy ending. Dusty is interesting and hit headed but frankly he has all the reason to be. After that there is too much secondary characters and when you didn’t have read the previous book it’s a bit confusing.

Maja
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was my first read from this author. I loved the first person point of view of the story, which is always a deal breaker for me. I have nothing against friends with benefits, however the way Celine was describing hers and Dusty's relationship it made her look like she was easy-also something she admitted being. So, while I liked the story, I wasn't the biggest fan of Celine.

Cathylynn
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing story. CeCe and Dusty hid there relationship. Now Dusty wants more. I loved the characters and how they interacted. The story was wonderful. I loved how the story played out and how their secret was exposed. I really had a soft spot for Dusty and his stuttering, having known a few people with stutter. I thought how the book ended was good. I really enjoyed this book.

Amanda Siegrist
Oct 30, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I'm a huge fan of Dusty. He was such a wonderful hero. So full of depth and emotion, and truly sexy in my opinion. Cece got on my nerves sometimes, though. lol Perhaps it was her background and not having enough faith in herself (probably not explaining that right), but she didn't trust herself enough in the beginning with Dusty. He deserved better...until she got it together, and then they did too! So I'm happy they got their happy ending! ...more
HIEVE
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow ! This is my first book from Jody Kaye and wont be my last. This book captured my attention from the very first page its a quite a page turner and honestly I struggled to put my kindle down. I really like it. Dusty and Cece well mostly Dusty manage to own my heart the moment I started reading their story. Jody Kaye gave us the book with all the feels .. its such a heartwarming story with a romantic scene that will melt your heart away. Its really a good book that I can recommend to everyone.
Alicia Andrews
Oct 24, 2020 rated it liked it
****Review Time****
⭐️⭐️⭐️

Full Review- https://aliciasbookblog106921670.word...

"The story itself was written well that had raw emotions at times, as well as some very steamy moments. The characters themselves have many issues to work on for themselves but also together. The story also flowed nicely but I felt I was missing something."
Suzanne
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Terrific Ending!

Dusty Alston is now my favorite Jody Kaye hero! His self-awareness and spur-of-the-moment tactics bring this story to a marvelous end. Dusty and Celine are wonderfully flawed characters who struggle to find the best in themselves and in each other. This steamy romance is a compassionate reminder there is more to a person than meets the eye.
Romance Retreat: $.99 Injured hero, Secret lovers—Limited time only! 1 18 Apr 09, 2021 11:24AM

• Verity
  • Dash (Berkshire Boys, #1)
  • Easy to Lose (Boudreaux Universe)
  • Those Heartless Boys (Saint Clary's University, #1)
  • Legacy (The Salvation Society)
  • Jingle Balls
  • Hot Dish (Lost & Found, #4)
  • Planned To Perfection (The Manhattan Billionaire #1)
  • Lukas (The Feel Good Drs. Book 4)
  • Grip (The Driven World)
  • The Beginning (The Island #.05)
  • Elijah (The Feel Good Drs. Book 5)
  • Single Daddies’ Nanny Collection
  • Contingency Plan (Blackbridge Security, #3)
  • Her Wild Coast Rescue (Wild Hearts, #3)
  • Taking the Fall (Vipers MC #1)
  • Confessions of a Maid (Confessions, #1)
  • Totally Spooked (Shifter Speed Dating #1)
Jody Kaye writes interconnected steamy contemporary romance, including the unbridled Kingsbrier Quintuplets and the thought-provoking, multi-generational southern Shattered Hearts of Carolina series.

“Jody is a masterful storyteller, with beautifully developed characters, incredible landscapes and every now then and plot twists that will leave you reeling.” —Goodreads review

Please subscribe to Jod

Shattered Hearts of Carolina (6 books)
  • Splinter of Hope (Shattered Hearts of Carolina)
  • Shred of Decency (Shattered Hearts of Carolina)
  • Shattered Soul (Shattered Hearts of Carolina)
  • Home Wrecker (Shattered Hearts of Carolina)
  • Holding onto Hope

News & Interviews

For hard-core book lovers, the month of December is a mixed blessing. Those relentless holiday obligations tend to cut into reading time....