Start by marking “The Platypus and Her Wolves” as Want to Read:
The Platypus and Her Wolves

The Platypus and Her Wolves

(Valentine Pride #2.5)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  89 ratings  ·  63 reviews
Platypus shifter, April, always assumed there were more shifters than just her, but has never been able to find them.

Until three wolves turn up at her door, determined to take her back to the mountain and the rest of the shifters there. But April has dreams, and won’t be so easy to convince, even if they are her fated mates.

Will she deny fate, or will she give in to the pu
Published July 5th 2019 by Drowlgon Press

To ask other readers questions about The Platypus and Her Wolves, please sign up.
Laura Greenwood Yes, you'll find out more about it in Wolf Tears (which is going to be part of the Once Upon A Fairy Tale Night Collection): books2read.com/wolftears

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Platypus and Her Wolves
Ayşe Işıl
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm not sure whether I'm into Reverse Harem or not, but the book was a wonderful read regardless.
Brianna Belbin
This was so unique and adorable that I absolutely loved this short story! Who honestly would have thought of a platypus shifter... being mates to three wolves? April thinks she is the only shifter out there and is desperately looking for evidence of others even though she doubts many others of her kind. When three men show up to her college dorm saying that they need to talk to her about her parents, some mystical urge tells her to let them in. I enjoyed the fact that April was into science, alo ...more
Tricia
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another story from the Valentine Pride. Love the characters and the story. Fun read with a WTF ending!
Caroline Doig
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
April is a platypus Shifter she was in shock when she first changed now it’s fantastic she’s been going on line looking for other shifters but so far no luck but it won’t stop April searching. April lives in a co-Ed dorm and the guys are always partying but not April and with her shifter hearing she heard 3 guys talking outside her door so she peeked through the peephole then they knocked on her door they said that they had news about her mother but she had spoken to her mother not long ago but ...more
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book pulled me in and kept me entranced till the end. The feelings of love, hate, and pain coming out in waves making you want to cry while you read. This was such a beautiful book! I loved the characters wholesomeness!

Iluvbks
May 18, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a very short to the point book, it would have been a much better story if it had been longer. I do not know how the wolves knew she was their fated mate when they had never met. I guess she knew about fated mates from reading romance novels since she knew nothing else about shifters. The fact the book just ended and you are left wondering about things.
It was a cute story but it could have been better.
Raina Collins
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
A shifter RH romance that will definitely make you laugh. From the title alone you know this one is going to be funny. But it has some very sweet moments with April and her guys. April believes she is the only shifter. She has never met one. And she has been trying. But when a knock comes at her door she soon learns that she isn’t the only one.
Ferbooks
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting story. I have read many shifter stories but this one one is quite unique. I never read of platypus shifter before. I can't imagine a platypus and three Wolf for a partner. That should be interesting. The story does ignite you imagination.

I recieved a free copy of this book and I am voluntarily leaving a review.
Irene Kiew
Oct 26, 2020 rated it liked it
I would have given a higher rating, if not for the abrupt ending which leaves us hanging.

The story is short and rushed, but cute. I don't quite understand how her non-shifter parents can accept her being with three men at the same time. I also wanted to know how the three guys knew she was their mate before they even met her.
Teri Ruscak
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Platypus And Her Wolves,
Laura Greenwood.
How often do you read about platypus shifters? Only in Laura Greenwoods world!
This is a cute short book.

LMR
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Readers Over 18 Only Please
Recommended to LMR by: Laura Greenwood & Booksprout!
The Platypus and Her Wolves by Laura Greenwood The Platypus And Her Wolves By: Laura Greenwood
Be Careful What You Wish For... Cuz, You Just Might Get It~ Just Ask "The Platypus and Her Wolves!"
She's a Shifter on Her OWN...
Searching for other's who might Actually be the SAME Kind of Species as Her!
Sooo She's Developed a warning System on Her Computer,
To trigger an Alarm when others Search The Term 'Shifter!'
HowEver, WHAT She NEVER, EVER Expected...
Was FATE to send Her THREE MATES of Her VERY Own!
Wooo Hooo! It's "The Platypus and Her Wol
Kate
Jan 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
Not good

Too quick to develop anything, mc was first nervous then immediately was fine there was no conflict or plot at all. Waste of money.
Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
I really enjoyed this story. April has been looking for shifters for a while, figuring they had to be out there somewhere but not sure where to find them to get her questions answered. She herself is an unusual type of shifter – a platypus -- and wants to find some sort of shifter community to find out about herself and others like her. She had to make a video of herself just to find out what kind of shifter she was!

April is currently attending college pursuing a course of study to become a vete
Aizlynne
Dec 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Would give this 0 stars if I could. Normally I like this team up of authors but the writing here was chunky. Not to mention it was a group sex scene in search of a plot. Seriously awful.
Fiona
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
April is studying to become a veterinarian and discovers that she is a shifter. She starts searching on the internet for any information about shifters. Then one day she has three men come to her dorm door and ask to come in and talk to her about her parents.
Eric, Bryce and Caleb are wolf shifters and April's fated mate. They come to talk to April about her internet searches and ask her is she a shifter. April feels drawn to them all and asks them if there can be more than one mate. April gets t
Daisy Sauceda
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great short story. It is witty, little intense, and steamy. April has been looking for shifters for a while. She is a shifter and is looking for a community to help her find her answers about shifters. She is in college studying to become a veterinarian. Then all of a sudden three men show up at her form looking for her and to help provide answers. I love April in this book! She is a strong and determined woman and can take down a grown man physically.. She is also funny and will be gi ...more
Billie
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Will she deny fate, or will she give in to the pull between them?

This is another story of the Valentine Pride.
What a fabulous read this was.
This is a short love story that wa
Have Coffee Need Books
Platypus and Her Wolves is a companion novella to the Valentine Pride trilogy by L.A. Boruff and Laura Greenwood. Here we meet April and her wolves Bryce, Eric, and Caleb. If you are familiar with the Valentine Pride trilogy, the archetypes in those books are the same in this novella. Bryce is the Levon, Caleb is the Kerry, and Eric, the Alpha, or Cas. While April's mates are wolves rather than cats, much of the relationship is the same except that these wolves are as fresh to relationships as A ...more
Rhonda Hicks
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a delightfully funny and quirky quick read. Who would've come up with a platypus shifter? Well, I guess Laura Greenwood since she did once before, right? Anyway, this is about Amelia who thought she was human until she shifted for the first time. Then three men came knocking at her door to inform her they knew she was a shifter. Of course, if you're into PNR then you know, the fated tingle shooting from their hands as they shook allowed the men to realize Amelia was their fated mate. Ameli ...more
Nina Campbell
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Platypus and Her Wolves by Laura Greenwood and L. A. Boruff is reverse harem shifter romance. In this novella, April a college student is studying for her final exams when there is a knock at her dormitory room door. When she answers her door she meets three wolf shifters named Bryce, Caleb, and Eric. This is the beginning of a very entertaining forever mate story that I loved reading. The best part was the surprise ending that happened in the last paragraph. Any paranormal romance lover wil ...more
Mareike
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it
What a cute story this was! Who would have thought that a Platypus shifter could be so entertaining...I really wish this was a full length novel - there was so much that was happening in the story and I felt the need to dive even deeper into the platypus territory. The characters are wonderfully placed into the story and I was drawn to each of the guys throughout the book.
That ending made me laugh...what a great way to finish the book with the epilogue!

I received a free copy of this book via Bo
Iva Krazalkovičová
So...this is instalment in Valentine Pride.
April thinks she is the only shifter. Alone on the world. So she is searching for other shifters. In the meantime she is studying, to became veterinar.
Her search didn´t help in her finding other shifters, but They found her.
And ….They are her mates.
But just...They want her to move to their comunity - and she wants to stay to finish college.
Can They find the solution fot them??? Love always win...so what do you think??

I received a free copy of this b
Rose Brown
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laura Greenwood introduced us to April in “Unicorn Truth” (Valentine Pride Book 3). While “Platypus and her Wolves” is not a part of the series, it was my original introduction to April. And I fell in love with this quirky, smart and determined platypus shifter and her gorgeous mates. This book is a quick read and a little intense, but it is packed with wonderful fun characters with amazing chemistry. This story will put a smile on your face, and you will fall in love with April, Caleb, Eric, an ...more
Anne Dwyer
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
April found out she was a platypus shifter when she was a teen - she knew there were other shifters around, but she had been adopted as a baby, and her parents had no idea of what she was. When she goes to college and three gorgeous young men invade her room, she not only finds out that they are wolf shifters - but also her fated mates! A platypus and wolves? Loved it! And the ending - oh, my goodness, I am still laughing! Would love to know what comes next if there is more to this story!

I recei
Georgia
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a quick read and a wonderful shifter romance. The characters attractions was strong and their chemistry generated lots of sparks. The storyline was engaging and fun and offers a solid amount of drama and emotional turmoil as April, Caleb, Eric and Bruce relationship evolves into more than they ever imagined.

Maria G
Aug 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I loved that April was a platypus because I have never read a shifter book about one before. I liked that April was so set on finishing her education. I liked Caleb, Eric and Bryce. I felt like there were parts of this book that were too rushed. I also was left a little disappointed by the ending. I hope there is another book about these 4.

Ann Holden
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a cute and sexy story. Don’t expect the novel of the year. Do expect a young woman who insists on reaching her goal in spite of her men. Do expect some lighthearted moments between the sex scenes. Do understand there are hot sex scenes. I found myself smiling frequently while reading this book. I recommend this short read for an afternoon of escape from reality.

I received a free copy of this book and I am voluntarily leaving my honest review.
Michelle
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an original storyline and a quick fun read. When I noticed that this had a platypus shifter in it I had to get it. I mean how often do you read about a platypus shifter. I am so glad I decided to read this book because I loved how determined April was about finishing school. When she meets three wolf shifters all bets are off. Will she finish school or run off to mountains with the guys? Loved the ending!
Scarolet Ellis
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Platypus And Her Wolves by Laura Greenwood is an amazing story I had the privilege of reading and falling love with it. I loved reading about shifters this has three wolves and a platypus in it. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about shifters, fantasy and paranormal romances in their stories.

« previous 1 3 next »
The Paranormal Co...: New Release: The Platypus And Her Wolves 1 2 Jul 06, 2019 12:31PM

• Courting the Alphas
  • Polar Fates (The Drowning #2)
  • Corralling a Cowboy (Real Good Men of Oklahoma #6)
  • Renewal (Enchanted Foxes, #4)
  • Feline The Heat (The Firehouse Feline, #1)
  • Dragon's Fake Mate (Alpha Dragon Club #1)
  • Chasing Cinderella (Fairy Tale Descendants, #1)
  • Carnal Creek Shifters Box Set
  • Abducted by Magic (Guardians of Magic, #1)
  • In Her Mate's Arms (Shifters United Book 2)
  • Slaying Year Two (Grim Reaper Academy #2)
  • The First Girl of Neverland (Neverland in Chaos #3)
  • Outfoxed (The Protectors Quick Bites, #5)
  • Kassandra's Wolf (The Dragon Ruby, #4)
  • Inferno (Fortuna Academy, #3)
  • Vengeful Vampire at Wonky Inn (Wonky Inn #8)
  • Slate (Vaxxlian Alien Mail Order Brides #2)
  • Rapunzel Untamed (Curse of the Fairy Tales #1)
Laura is a USA Today Bestselling Author of paranormal, fantasy, and urban fantasy romance (though she can occasionally be found writing contemporary romance). When she's not writing, she drinks a lot of tea, tries to resist French macarons, and works towards a diploma in Egyptology. She lives in the UK, where most of her books are set.

You can check out Laura's Website here:
www.authorlauragreenwo

Valentine Pride (3 books)
  • Unicorn Mates (Valentine Pride, #1)
  • Unicorn Luck (Valentine Pride, #2)
  • Unicorn Truth (Valentine Pride, #3)

News & Interviews