Start by marking “Shift Happens (New Orleans Nocturnes, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shift Happens (New Orleans Nocturnes, #2)

Shift Happens

(New Orleans Nocturnes #2)

She wants to bang a werewolf, not become one.

Sophie Burroughs is determined to be a witch. Her grandmother was a witch. All the other supes say she smells like a witch, but she cant cast a spell to save her life.

Sprouting fur is so not on her to-do list.

But when a smokin' hot werewolf bites her and then accuses her of crimes against his pack, she has until the next full
Published April 6th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Shift Happens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shift Happens

Start your review of Shift Happens (New Orleans Nocturnes, #2)
Mary Lou Hoffman
SHIFT HAPPENS is the second book in the New Orleans Nocturnes series. Though each romance will stand on its own, for better enjoyment you will want to read this series in the order of release.

The first book was hilarious. The second story does not disappoint. If anything, it is even funnier. Right now, given the current turmoil of life, Im looking for escape in my books; this is a perfect escape. Sexy werewolves, misunderstandings, adventure, and full-moon midnight deadlines are all included in
Diane
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ADDICTING SERIES A MUST HAVE FOR SURE!!!!
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of "SHIFT HAPPENS" Carrie Pulkinen I absolutely love your books this is full hot steamy scenes, humor, intrigue, adventure, twists that have you turning oage after page.
Sophie Burrough's grandma was witch and she determined to be one also she is feisty, has a smutty mouth, all the supes say she smells like witch but she can't create spells at all and she loves animals wants to be with a werewolf but doesn't want to sprout fur.
Trace Thibodeaux is a werewolf his pack
Debbie Caswell
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun read from an author that I love and I absolutely love how she has made it in to such a great fun read that had me laughing all the time. So many authors are so busy feeling that they have to have angst and drama to keep their readers where Carrie has realised that a fun read is just as important. I loved this one so much I went and bought the first book in the series to read

Trace Thibodeaux is a member of a pack that has a curse on it a curse that causes the pack members to change
Lori Porter
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read an arc of this book for an honest review. What a great story! I absolutely love this new series! Sophie is an animal loving want to be witch. Her grandma was a witch, the other supes say she smells like a witch but shes less than talented, ok lets face it, shes a failure when it comes to casting even the simplest of spells. Trace is a shifter who keeps being forcibly shifted into his Wolf and his best friend has disappeared. People in New Orleans are pretty accepting but that ...more
Sydney M Neblett
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Looking a little shifty
I have been anticipating this book since reading the last one, and the author did not disappoint. She brought the humor and sassiness I have come to expect from her heroines and the smoldering hotness that make her males over the top alphas. The author sent us on a grand adventure in this book, the little nuances kept the story moving and I just couldnt put it down. I especially enjoyed the way the little pack of friends keep growing and evolving. The teaser at the end
Denise
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a NON-SPOILER REVIEW. Shift Happens by Carrie Pulkinen is the second book in the New Orleans Nocturne series. This fast paced read is packed with witty humor and sexy shifters (Mature Readers Only Please). Sophie's story is a great follow-up to Jane's story. Each of these stories can be read as stand alone, but why - you get to fall in love with vampires and weres and experience all the humor and craziness that is the New Orleans Nocturnes. A great anytime escape into fun and a sexy romp ...more
Melissa
Apr 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booksprout
A prophecy, subs distrust and love at the end of the line.
Sophie yearns to be part of the sub-world, after all, her friend was turned into a vampire and she supposedly smells like a witch.
Trace is a werewolf trying to redeem himself and looking for a missing friend and the culprit has to be the new witch in town.
The story was funny, it follows the line from the previous one and I can't wait for the next one.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a
Lynall
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story of an almost witch and a werewolf is really quirky and very amusing. I love the cat familiar, the vampire best friend and the witch upstairs.
The story is lighthearted and entertaining and a great read for anyone who enjoys a paranormal romance with interesting characters and dialogue which is snarky and just a bit naughty
Teresa Bowen
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sophie has always wanted to be a witch like her grandmother she even smells like a witch. She gets bitten by a werewolf thinking it was a dog. He thinks she is the witch that has cursed his pack and taken his friend. Follow along with the ups and downs they go thru trying to find the truth. I really enjoyed this story and look forward to more stories by this author.
Barbara
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book two in the New Orleans Nocturnes a well written story with a very good storyline. Sophie Burroughs and Trace Thibodeaux a red wolf shifter's story, there is drama, a misdirected spell that causes all kinds of trouble, and romance. I want to read the next book. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Lori
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book
Michele Robbins
Another Great Story

Again another story that made me laugh like crazy!!!! Loved the romantic tension between Trace and Sophie and the steamy romance too. Now off to get book #3!!!!
Mary Boehm
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sophie and trace make a cute couple through their drama filled lives. Sophie finds her true love and stops things from happening
mirian perez
Gabriela
Carrie
Feb 06, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written
Steph
Apr 02, 2020
Carol Kempf
Apr 06, 2020

• Motherducking Monster Os (Bad Magic Bounty Hunter #1)
  • Dragon Guardian of Water (Alphas & Alchemy: Elemental Shifters, #3)
  • Magic is the New Black: A Limited Edition Collection of Supernatural Prison Stories
  • Chocolate Moon Café (Shifting Hearts Dating App, #3)
  • Fated in Forbidden (Alphas & Alchemy: Fierce Mates, #2)
  • Dragon's Rules (Kiss-Mate Shifters, #4)
  • Given to the Alien (Mates of the Brehki Exiled, #1)
  • Three Wishes (Blackwell Djinn, #1)
  • Sinister Magic (Death Before Dragons, #1)
  • Where Sleeping Dragons Lie (Dragon Shifters of Elysia, #1)
  • Can You Kick a Ghost in the Nuts? (The Harper Files #1; Blue Moon Investigations #2.5)
  • Fae King (Adult Fairy Tale Spin-Off #1)
  • Purrfectly Mated (Paranormal Dating Agency / Maverick Pride, #1)
  • A Shifter Christmas Carol (Shifters Unbound, #11.75)
  • Royally Tempted (Royal Sons MC #3)
  • The Enforcer
  • Pink Is The New Black: (A Witch's Cove Mystery Book 1)
  • Rockin' Around the Dragon Tree: MacAllen Clan (Dragon Guard Book 43)
Carrie Pulkinen is a paranormal romance author who has always been fascinated with things that go bump in the night. Of course, when you grow up next door to a cemetery, the dead (and the undead) are hard to ignore. Pair that with her passion for writing and her love of a good happily-ever-after, and becoming a paranormal romance author seems like the only logical career choice.

Before she decided

New Orleans Nocturnes (3 books)
  • License to Bite (New Orleans Nocturnes, #1)
  • Life's a Witch (New Orleans Nocturnes, #3)

News & Interviews