Start by marking “Cat's Eye Corner (Cat's Eye Corner, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cat's Eye Corner (Cat's Eye Corner, #1)

Cat's Eye Corner (Cat's Eye Corner #1)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Short-listed for Mr. Christie's Book Award, the Red Cedar Book Award, and a Canadian Children's Book Centre Our Choice selection, this adventure begins when Olivier goes to spend his summer vacation at Cat's Eye Corner, the very strange home of his grandfather and his new bride, Sylvia de Whosit of Whatsit -- a reported witch. Olivier discovers a mansion filled with shifti ...more
Published March 7th 2003 by Raincoast Books

To ask other readers questions about Cat's Eye Corner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cat's Eye Corner

Liana
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book... is so... RANDOM...! RANDOM!!! OVER THE TOP!!! And SILLY! I don't even know where to begin, I mean... You've got talking pens, talking objects, a wacky adventure, and a main character you aren't sure if you should pity for being thrown into this mind-boggling world of weirdness. I liked it! I don't think there's many stories in the world like this one, Cat's Eye Corner is most definitely unique!

Mirific - I mean, Mr. Mirific, was my favorite character. He made me laugh so much with hi
Whitney
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I have always loved this book, ever since I first read it as a kid. I love the wordplay, the funny and unique characters, the amazing setting, and the great story. I've read this book at least twenty times, and it's just as fun to read the 20th time as it was the first time.
Bailey Randolph
Feb 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I don't know what it is about this book, but I have read it every summer since I was in grade 5....so for 14 years now. I just love the silliness and adventure, and of course, the poets. LOVE this book.
Georgie Penn
I thought that this was a really neat book. I have no clue why I liked it, but I have read it once, or twice.
Joelle Anthony
Jul 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, but sometimes it lost me, which is why I'm only giving it 4 stars. Still, a great read and I'll read more of this author.
Michaela
Jun 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I 'm sucker for a good play on words, and the adventure is so wonderful, with a normal boy who wants to be a detective. So cute.
Nancy Runstedler
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Although kids may not understand all of the wordplays going on in this gem, I found it really clever, cute, and fun, with tons of unique characters.
Nancy
Feb 02, 2008 rated it liked it
So far it's quite witty!
Annie
Jul 14, 2013
LaDawn
Feb 11, 2011
Nisha
rated it did not like it
Dec 03, 2010
Hannah
Nov 17, 2009
Aubree
Jan 28, 2009

Cat's Eye Corner (3 books)
  • The Silver Door (Cat's Eye Corner, #2)
  • Invisible Ink (Cat's Eye Corner, #3)