Start by marking “Cry of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cry of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #3)

Cry of the Raven

(The Ravenwood Saga #3)

Lady Selene Ravenwood has come into her full power as a dreamwalker just as the war with the Dominia Empire begins. Working with the other Great Houses, Selene and Damien use their gifts to secure the borders and save those devastated by the war. But conflict, betrayal, and hatred begin to spread between the Great Houses, destroying their unity as the empire burns a path a ...more
Published February 4th 2020 by Bethany House Publishers (first published February 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Cry of the Raven, please sign up.
Morgan Busse Sorry about the delay, I just finished moving across states (and finally found my way out of a million boxes!). Yes, Cry of the Raven is the last book…moreSorry about the delay, I just finished moving across states (and finally found my way out of a million boxes!). Yes, Cry of the Raven is the last book in this series :)(less)
Morgan Busse Hey! Yes, Cry of the Raven will be the last book in this series.

Start your review of Cry of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #3)
Elizabeth Dragina
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: memorable
I'M SO DEAD. THAT MAGNIFICENT ENDING. I'M SO DEAD.

10 billion stars.

So. It took me more than a month to recover. We're all very surprised.

Thinking about writing this review has been driving me crazy. Words aren't enough this time. How could they be? The pressure I've put on myself to write the best review ever (because Morgan L. Busse is amazing and deserves it) has made me insane.

Don't mind my endless fangirling in this *coughs* "professional" review.

This book encouraged me. It reached beyon
R.F. Gammon
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THERE WILL NEVER BE ENOUGH WORDS TO SCREAM ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE MY OTP.

Every now and then, you meet a couple in fiction that you just LOVE. You just...you're addicted to reading about them. You grin with their successes. You cry when they fail. One hug is enough to tide you over for 100 pages. It's just...ACK I LOVE SELENE AND DAMIEN SO VERY VERY MUCH.

And there wasn't enough of them!!!!! I needed every single scene to be a Selene and Damien one. But, alas, we cannot have everything in this life
H.S.J. Williams
Primary thoughts after finishing:

1. Selene and Damien are a true power couple.
2. Caiaphas is a champ.
3. I want more.

This series caught my attention fast from the moment it began, and I’ve eagerly awaited each poignant installment. The trilogy is rich with powerful messages, and this book too is filled with empathetic themes. Mostly, I would say it’s about trust. People learning or choosing to trust each other despite previous damage. The unsteady alliance of the seven houses as they face off
Laura A. Grace
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
VIDEO REVIEW HERE: https://youtu.be/9R5mZ51P-Vc

This book made me break my own rule.

I confess that a quarter of a way in I HAD to flip to the end to make sure it would have certain character(s) alive and well.

Not only that, but even with knowing a tiny piece of the ending, I caught myself praying everyone would make it.

*Praying.*

If that does not say how intense and engaging this story was, then neither what I have to share about the book will either. LOL!

It's been a very long time since I have d
Tyler Hess
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The trilogy concludes and I am at peace. I think there is room for more story to this world, but this was a satisfying way to end the series.
Merie Shen
What an absolutely fabulous finish to this series!

Morgan Busse drew me into this world from book one, and as perfectly satisfying an ending this book brought, I can't say I'm quite ready to leave these characters yet! Selene and Damien have grown so much since Mark of the Raven and what fun it's been to journey alongside them.

I love Selene's quiet strength and determination. It's really refreshing to read about a protagonist like her when most fictional female leads seem to have the same persona
Serethiel ☽ ✨
oh don't mind me i'll just be randomly sobbing in a corner until february 2020 finally arrives
Deborah O'Carroll
(Review--and pictures!--originally posted here: https://thepagedreamer.wordpress.com/... )

Aaaahh! This book was so amazing! A new favorite, and an epic, suspenseful conclusion to the Ravenwood Saga! I loved it so, so much! I’ll try to keep this review spoiler free. ;)

I’ve loved each book in this trilogy, and each one has gotten even better than the last—difficult to imagine, since they’ve all been top favorites. CRY OF THE RAVEN was my most-anticipated read of the year, and wraps up the series,
Emileigh Latham
THERE'S A GOODREADS PAGE!!!! *hyperventilates*
Mackenzie
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ages 13+
I won’t write a full review because words cannot express how good this book is, just, read it, ok?
Celestria
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was amazingness 😍🥰😆😭💕
Tricia Mingerink
I finished this book several days ago, and I'm still trying to put all my fangirling thoughts in order. It is so good!

In this book, Selene really comes into her own. In the first two books, Damien has to be the rock for both of them since she is still struggling with her past and coming to the Light.

In this one, both of them still have struggles, but Selene is strong enough that Damien can lean on her just as much as she leans on him. It makes for a beautiful relationship and a wonderful examp
Nay Denise
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-favorite
Received an eARC for review.

There are no words to express how much I adored this trilogy and this conclusion was perfection. I want to cry and scream on the top of a hilltop about how much I love this trilogy. Morgan L. Busse has crafted an amazing fantasy world, wove scripture seamlessly and created such dynamic characters you grow to love and dislike.

Selene has grown so much from the first book to the last. She's stronger emotionally. Doesn't rely on herself and on thoughts. She's more into th
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
***4.5 stars***

I may be slightly obsessed. I received a review copy via Netgalley. That wasn't enough, I purchased a kindle copy. While I was reading the book I decided that I needed a paperback copy to complete my collection. I own two separate copies of the book. There is no reason that I shouldn't reread the whole series one right after the other instead of time lapses between each.

The book and characters were so real to me. It is set in a fantasy medieval world. The forces between light and
Monique
Be aware that this review will have spoilers for Mark of the Raven and Flight of the Raven as this is the third book in this series! Please do not read any further if you haven’t read those! I try to keep spoilers at a minimum but some can’t be avoided.

In Cry of the Raven, the stakes are higher than ever before... the empire is on the move, allied with two houses including Selene’s mother, and it’s up to the remaining houses to stand together or fall. War is coming. We start where Flight of the
Summer
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Needless to say, I have a new OTP.

Cry of the Raven was such an epic conclusion to the Ravenwood Saga. The final pages definitely left me feeling warm and contented. However, I am SO sad to see the trilogy come to a close. Imma miss these characters a lot *sniffs* Definitely a new favorite series.
Mary
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've only read book 3 (I recommend you start with book #1 - I would if I did it again). At first it took a hot minute to get acquainted with all the characters due to this infraction (however when I saw it on net galley, I couldn't pass the opportunity to review it!). It sounded interesting, to say the least. The story definitely exceeded the expectation.

Selene seemed a little melodramatic at first but her character arc was wonderful. I loved hearing how her heart had changed and the source of
Hayden
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes, I did apply for an arc of this book on netgalley because I was too impatient to wait for February. 😂

One of my most anxiously awaited reads of 2020, Cry of the Raven was an excellent ending to the Ravenwood Saga. I loved seeing how Selene has grown since book one, and the romance between her and Damien is so sweet!

One thing I also really loved was the joining of the Houses in working together. It's clear from the beginning that if they are to have any hope of defeating the empire, they need
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
AHH this series has been AMAZING!!!
5/5 stars. Full review to come!
Fiction Aficionado
Morgan L. Busse’s Ravenwood Saga comes to an action-packed conclusion in Cry of the Raven as she once again explores the battle between light and dark, this time more within the kingdom she has created than within her characters as was the case in the first two books in the series. But that’s not to say there weren’t challenges for her characters to overcome individually, particularly when it came to relationships between the lords and ladies of the various houses and the use of their gifts.

Desp
Jasmine
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Will dark secrets from the past destroy them all?

OK, I admit it. I almost didn't want to start Cry Of The Raven. I mean, I was really looking forward to more of Morgan L. Busse's stellar fantasy writing. But. This is the last book in The Ravenwood Saga and I just didn't want to say goodbye. I wanted to see the Dominia Empire finally routed and the seven great houses actually work together but...no more Selene, no more dreamwalking, no more Damien...yeah, that makes me a bit sad.

In many ways it
Kara
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
What an ending! Things were good, things were tense, things were cute. It was a great combo. Review to come! 😊
Jenna
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The character arc of Selene was truly sweet, inspiring and enjoyable. Even though I’m sad that the trilogy is over, I really enjoyed this last part of it. I’m definitely a fan of Morgan’s writing and look forward to reading her other books. 😊👍
Bryn Shutt
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A perfect finish to a perfect series.

With disaster and ruin marching ever closer, Busse takes the characters we have come to love (or hate) and plunges deep into the souls, minds and hearts of each for answers, courage, hope and a victory that can only come through the bonds of unity.

*pokes the publisher* Spin off series, please?
Claire Banschbach
RTC - hopefully soon! Just need to sit and think about how wonderful this book was for a bit. :)
Taylor
Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
“At the end of the day, we must each stand or fall by our own ideals.”
This book wasn't terrible. Sadly, that's kind of all I can say about it. I wish I had raving praise to give it or something amazing to say but honestly I was just expecting more.

This book suffered from the same problem the second one did, lack of emotional depth. It’s not that the writing isn’t good, there are moments where the world really comes alive and you can truly appreciate the characters. But for the most
V. Palmer
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing

The only thing that grieves me about this book -- this series -- is the fact that it's finished! Wow, guys! WOW!!! I cannot rave about this EPIC conclusion to this EPIC series ENOUGH! Cry of the Raven by Morgan L. Busse is a captivating finale to The Ravenwood Saga!

The conflict with the Dominia Empire -- and amongst the Great Houses! -- comes to a chilling climax in Cry of the Raven! The breathtaking places we (Yes, we! I was with Selene and Damien. Don't fight me on this!) went and the heartbre
J.M. Hackman
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved, loved, loved this series! Morgan Busse is quickly becoming an autobuy author for me.
This series provided plenty of twists and turns while ratcheting up the tension as the Dominia Empire wages war against all seven houses. Selene and Damien's relationship deepens (love these two together so much! 💕) even while war pulls them apart.
I can't say enough good things about this series, so go and buy it!
Rebecca
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"When I walk in your dreams, your mind is open to me . . . "

Has Lady Selene Ravenwood finally discovered who she was born to be? A dreamwalker, using her power to comfort and unite, rather than seeking to manipulate and destroy? It appears that she is about to have the opportunity to prove her metamorphisis from darkness into the light; for trouble is brewing among the seven houses as the Dominia Empire breaches The Wall that has protected them for so long.

This exciting conclusion to "The Raven
Joleen
The conclusion of The Ravenwood Saga. I highly recommend the audiobooks. The narrator is the same for them all and she does a great job.

Lady Selene's powers exceeded those of her mother’s, but the Dark Lady draws her powers from others and is intent on taking Selene's and destroying her. In a battle to the death Selene must not succumb to the darkness, but stay in The Light.

Meanwhile Lord Damion and the other houses have a battle of their own, a battle that will decide whether the houses fall to
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Story Hunter (The Weaver Trilogy, #3)
  • The Story Raider (The Weaver Trilogy, #2)
  • Dust (Heirs of Neverland, #1)
  • The Story Peddler (The Weaver Trilogy, #1)
  • Brand of Light (The Droseran Saga #1)
  • Kings Falling (The Book of the Wars Book #2)
  • Silent Shadows (Harbored Secrets #3)
  • Vying for the Viscount (Hearts on the Heath)
  • The Lost Lieutenant (Serendipity & Secrets #1)
  • Set the Stars Alight
  • On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • The End of the Magi
  • Moonscript
  • End Game (Capital Intrigue, #1)
  • Start With Me
  • A Girl’s Guide to the Outback
  • Like Flames in the Night (Cities of Refuge, #4)
  • Deadly Deceit (Harbored Secrets, #2)
Morgan L. Busse is a writer by day and a mother by night. She is the author of the Follower of the Word series and the award-winning steampunk series, The Soul Chronicles. Her debut novel, Daughter of Light, was a Christy and Carol Award finalist. During her spare time she enjoys playing games, taking long walks, and dreaming about her next novel.

The Ravenwood Saga (3 books)
  • Mark of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #1)
  • Flight of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #2)

News & Interviews