Start by marking “Cry of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cry of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #3)

Cry of the Raven

(The Ravenwood Saga #3)

Lady Selene Ravenwood has come into her full power as a dreamwalker just as the war with the Dominia Empire begins. Working with the other Great Houses, Selene and Damien use their gifts to secure the borders and save those devastated by the war. But conflict, betrayal, and hatred begin to spread between the Great Houses, destroying their unity as the empire burns a path ...more
Published February 4th 2020 by Bethany House Publishers (first published February 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Cry of the Raven, please sign up.
Morgan Busse Sorry about the delay, I just finished moving across states (and finally found my way out of a million boxes!). Yes, Cry of the Raven is the last book…moreSorry about the delay, I just finished moving across states (and finally found my way out of a million boxes!). Yes, Cry of the Raven is the last book in this series :)(less)
Morgan Busse Hey! Yes, Cry of the Raven will be the last book in this series.…moreHey! Yes, Cry of the Raven will be the last book in this series. (less)

Start your review of Cry of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #3)
R.F. Gammon
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THERE WILL NEVER BE ENOUGH WORDS TO SCREAM ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE MY OTP.

Every now and then, you meet a couple in fiction that you just LOVE. You just...you're addicted to reading about them. You grin with their successes. You cry when they fail. One hug is enough to tide you over for 100 pages. It's just...ACK I LOVE SELENE AND DAMIEN SO VERY VERY MUCH.

And there wasn't enough of them!!!!! I needed every single scene to be a Selene and Damien one. But, alas, we cannot have everything in this
H.S.J. Williams
Primary thoughts after finishing:

1. Selene and Damien are a true power couple.
2. Caiaphas is a champ.
3. I want more.

This series caught my attention fast from the moment it began, and Ive eagerly awaited each poignant installment. The trilogy is rich with powerful messages, and this book too is filled with empathetic themes. Mostly, I would say its about trust. People learning or choosing to trust each other despite previous damage. The unsteady alliance of the seven houses as they face off a
Laura A. Grace
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book made me break my own rule.

I confess that a quarter of a way in I HAD to flip to the end to make sure it would have certain character(s) alive and well.

Not only that, but even with knowing a tiny piece of the ending, I caught myself praying everyone would make it.

*Praying.*

If that does not say how intense and engaging this story was, then neither what I have to share about the book will either. LOL!

It's been a very long time since I have done either, and this book continued to surprise
Elizabeth Dragina
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: memorable
I'M SO DEAD. THAT MAGNIFICENT ENDING. I'M SO DEAD.

IT WILL TAKE ME A MONTH TO RECOVER.

*endless screaming* EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THIS!!!!!!!!!! 😍

RTC

10 billion stars.
Mackenzie
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ages 13+
I wont write a full review because words cannot express how good this book is, just, read it, ok? ...more
Merie Shen
What an absolutely fabulous finish to this series!

Morgan Busse drew me into this world from book one, and as perfectly satisfying an ending this book brought, I can't say I'm quite ready to leave these characters yet! Selene and Damien have grown so much since Mark of the Raven and what fun it's been to journey alongside them.

I love Selene's quiet strength and determination. It's really refreshing to read about a protagonist like her when most fictional female leads seem to have the same
Emileigh Latham
THERE'S A GOODREADS PAGE!!!! *hyperventilates*
Serethiel ☽ ✨
oh don't mind me i'll just be randomly sobbing in a corner until february 2020 finally arrives
Deborah O'Carroll
(Review--and pictures!--originally posted here: https://thepagedreamer.wordpress.com/... )

Aaaahh! This book was so amazing! A new favorite, and an epic, suspenseful conclusion to the Ravenwood Saga! I loved it so, so much! Ill try to keep this review spoiler free. ;)

Ive loved each book in this trilogy, and each one has gotten even better than the lastdifficult to imagine, since theyve all been top favorites. CRY OF THE RAVEN was my most-anticipated read of the year, and wraps up the series, and
Nay Denise
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Received an eARC for review.

There are no words to express how much I adored this trilogy and this conclusion was perfection. I want to cry and scream on the top of a hilltop about how much I love this trilogy. Morgan L. Busse has crafted an amazing fantasy world, wove scripture seamlessly and created such dynamic characters you grow to love and dislike.

Selene has grown so much from the first book to the last. She's stronger emotionally. Doesn't rely on herself and on thoughts. She's more into
Tricia Mingerink
I finished this book several days ago, and I'm still trying to put all my fangirling thoughts in order. It is so good!

In this book, Selene really comes into her own. In the first two books, Damien has to be the rock for both of them since she is still struggling with her past and coming to the Light.

In this one, both of them still have struggles, but Selene is strong enough that Damien can lean on her just as much as she leans on him. It makes for a beautiful relationship and a wonderful
Monique
Be aware that this review will have spoilers for Mark of the Raven and Flight of the Raven as this is the third book in this series! Please do not read any further if you havent read those! I try to keep spoilers at a minimum but some cant be avoided.

In Cry of the Raven, the stakes are higher than ever before... the empire is on the move, allied with two houses including Selenes mother, and its up to the remaining houses to stand together or fall. War is coming. We start where Flight of the
Fiction Aficionado
Morgan L. Busses Ravenwood Saga comes to an action-packed conclusion in Cry of the Raven as she once again explores the battle between light and dark, this time more within the kingdom she has created than within her characters as was the case in the first two books in the series. But thats not to say there werent challenges for her characters to overcome individually, particularly when it came to relationships between the lords and ladies of the various houses and the use of their gifts.

Despite
Mary
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've only read book 3 (I recommend you start with book #1 - I would if I did it again). At first it took a hot minute to get acquainted with all the characters due to this infraction (however when I saw it on net galley, I couldn't pass the opportunity to review it!). It sounded interesting, to say the least. The story definitely exceeded the expectation.

Selene seemed a little melodramatic at first but her character arc was wonderful. I loved hearing how her heart had changed and the source of
Bryn
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A perfect finish to a perfect series.

With disaster and ruin marching ever closer, Busse takes the characters we have come to love (or hate) and plunges deep into the souls, minds and hearts of each for answers, courage, hope and a victory that can only come through the bonds of unity.

*pokes the publisher* Spin off series, please?
Hayden
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes, I did apply for an arc of this book on netgalley because I was too impatient to wait for February. 😂

One of my most anxiously awaited reads of 2020, Cry of the Raven was an excellent ending to the Ravenwood Saga. I loved seeing how Selene has grown since book one, and the romance between her and Damien is so sweet!

One thing I also really loved was the joining of the Houses in working together. It's clear from the beginning that if they are to have any hope of defeating the empire, they need
Taylor
Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
At the end of the day, we must each stand or fall by our own ideals.
This book wasn't terrible. Sadly, that's kind of all I can say about it. I wish I had raving praise to give it or something amazing to say but honestly I was just expecting more.

This book suffered from the same problem the second one did, lack of emotional depth. Its not that the writing isnt good, there are moments where the world really comes alive and you can truly appreciate the characters. But for the most part, the
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
AHH this series has been AMAZING!!!
5/5 stars. Full review to come!
Deena
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a finish! I laughed, I cried, I yelled at Morgan Busse (she knows why!), and Im satisfied with the series.

But I wouldnt mind a little bit more someday 😁
Ian
Gosh, this was a tremendous novel. I've always loved Busse's ability to demonstrate the internal struggle we all grapple with between light and darkness and in Cry of the Raven she takes this to another level. I don't know how she does it; it's simply superb writing.

Lady Selene Ravenwood is a wonderfully developed character who we've seen struggle with her dreamwalking gift and in this episode we see Selene venture into the dreamscape world continually. I love how Busse portrays the 'dream
Faye
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
War has finally come between the Great Houses and the Dominia Empire. But a dark secret from their past threatens to divide their united stand.

Picking up right where the previous book left off, Selene Ravenwood is coming into the full strength of her dreamwalking powers, and her relationship with her husband is growing stronger. This completion of the trilogy is a satisfying read, tying together threads hinted at in previous books as well as forging ahead in new ways. Ms. Busse is a skilled
Kelly Bridgewater
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The thing I love the most is the cover of Cry of the Raven. It reminds me so much of a Tolkien cover. That is what I thought of the first time I saw this cover almost six months ago. Cry of the Raven is the huge climactic moment in the three book series. Lots of tension and fighting. Learning to know what is worth fighting for. Learning to trust and love others. This story was wonderfully written with enough fantasy to capture the imagination. It is nice that all three are now published because ...more
Lou Allen
Cry of the Raven is an epic conclusion to The Ravenwood Saga trilogy.

It is a Christian fantasy novel centred around Lady Selene Ravenwood, a dreamwalker who possesses the gift of walking in other peoples dreams. House Ravenwood is one of seven Great Houses, each of whom have a special gift that is passed down from the Head of the House to their children.

This concluding story is much more like an epic fantasy novel than the previous two books. It follows multiple perspectives and characters as
Rachelle Sperling
Cry of the Raven is book three in Ravenwood Saga. In order to fully appreciate this story you will need to begin with book one, Mark of the Raven.

I dont want to say to much or give away any spoilers so Ill just say that all in all I found this to be a very satisfying completion to an excellent trilogy, fully rounding out character development, trying up loose ends and even bringing unexpected redemption.

I recommend this series to you.

I received a free digital galley of this book in exchange for
A.C. Williams
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous. I've loved every book in this trilogy. This was an excellent final chapter. Probably one of my favorite trilogies of all time.
Suzie Waltner
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Cry of the Raven, power couple Selene and Damien return. And this time, theyre fighting for the people.

Morgan L. Busse has written a trilogy that captured me from the first pages of the first book and, while its bittersweet to say goodbye, the finale is even more captivating than the previous books.
Storylines that began in the first book are picked up in Cry of the Raven and I enjoyed learning more about the different gifts of each of the houses and the way they come together to fight for
V. Romas Burton
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everything about this book and series is beautiful. From Selene's dark beginning to her journey of self discovery and the Light, each page is packed with encouragement and truth. I absolutely love this book and the ending. I will remember Lady Selene's story always.
Katelyn Bolds
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great conclusion to Morgan Busses Ravenwood Saga. Excellent writing with a deep meaningful storyline. Highly recommended fantasy read for YA and older. ...more
Marian Jacobs
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this series. The themes were my favorite part. Recommended.
Terry Conrad
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great and satisfying ending to this series. I enjoyed all three books, but I think this is my favorite.

The empire is trying to destroy all the great houses. As some of the houses come together to form an alliance, secrets and betrayals are revealed. Can the houses hold to this alliance and put the past behind them? Will they use their gifts for the light or turn away?

We get to know Selene and Damien on a much deeper level, as well as several other people. In this fantasy we are shown
« previous 1 3 next »

• On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • End Game (Capital Intrigue, #1)
  • Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps, #1)
  • The Story Peddler (The Weaver Trilogy, #1)
  • The Way of the Brave (Global Search and Rescue, #1)
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
  • The Story Raider (The Weaver Trilogy, #2)
  • A Girl’s Guide to the Outback
  • Seconds to Live (Homeland Heroes, #1)
  • Like Flames in the Night (Cities of Refuge, #4)
  • The Land Beneath Us (Sunrise at Normandy, #3)
  • Veiled in Smoke (The Windy City Saga, #1)
  • One Little Lie (The Pelican Harbor #1)
  • Fierce Heart (Elven Alliance, #1)
  • Echoes Among the Stones
  • The End of the Magi
  • Chasing the White Lion (Talia Inger #2)
  • Brand of Light (The Droseran Saga #1)
Morgan L. Busse is a writer by day and a mother by night. She is the author of the Follower of the Word series and the award-winning steampunk series, The Soul Chronicles. Her debut novel, Daughter of Light, was a Christy and Carol Award finalist. During her spare time she enjoys playing games, taking long walks, and dreaming about her next novel.

The Ravenwood Saga (3 books)
  • Mark of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #1)
  • Flight of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #2)

News & Interviews