Start by marking “Eden's Voice (Sass and Steam #1)” as Want to Read:
Eden's Voice (Sass and Steam #1)

Eden's Voice

(Sass and Steam #1)

Football, mechanical dragons, industrial espionage, sexy romance. Welcome to fall in Ann Arbor.

Eden Randall has her life under control. Sure, people call her weird for having a mechanical dragon with her at all times, but she’s content. All she needs are her studies and her sports—and for the football team to have another undefeated season. What she doesn’t need are nosy m
Published October 1st 2019 by Catherine Stein, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Eden's Voice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eden's Voice

Start your review of Eden's Voice (Sass and Steam #1)
Catherine Stein
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This book exists because I took all the things I love and mashed them together to make a story. Eden and Bruce (and Vox!) are near and dear to my heart and I'm so pleased to be able to share them with you. This book is for all the nerds and geeks out there as well as all the girls and women who love to play and watch sports. I am one of you.
Be warned that I do break one of the big romance-writing taboos in this book. If you do throw the book across the room, be careful not to break anything. And
InD'tale Magazine
"Eden's Voice" offers a delightful, refreshing mix of mid-west history and steampunk magic! The drama unfolds against a backdrop of dragons, Authomechanology and Teletics, and the Wolverines football team.

Read full review in the 2020 March issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Thyra Dane
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun steampunk romance with a heroine who can’t hear very well and a hero with a damaged leg. Yay, for steampunk inventions that help them. And yay, for them meeting each other and accepting the imperfections the other one has. And I don’t just mean the physical ones.
Barbara
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book one in the Sass and Steam series a well written story that had me smiling as I read. Boston reporter Bruce Caldwell and Eden Randall's story there is twists, turns, drama, steampunk, dragons, and romance. I want to read more in this series. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Amanda
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved the characters! Eden is strong and fierce and takes no nonsense, but that doesn't mean she's faultless. Bruce is far from perfect, but has many redeeming qualities and also, suspenders!
Suzanne Irving
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I adore this book. It hits all the things that I like steampunk, dragons, romance, a feisty heroine, a nice persistent hero, intelligence conversations and on and on. So well plotted and written it is a joy to read.

Hina'Ea
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Got this bc I enjoy dragons, and have spent some time in Ann Arbor. Will be following this author for sure! Her writing style is smooth and quirky, and the characters feel genuine. Loved Eden, and her passion for football (even though I myself am not a huge fan), and Bruce and his passion for the truth - and of course their passion for each other! Couple of surprise twists and turns, molybdomancy, dragons, fast cars, explosions, uber-rich suitors, and of course an ending that gives you all the h ...more
Mary
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sexy fun steampunk with college football (almost lost a star because it was Michigan!)
Katherine Gillespie
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Esmi
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG I loved Eden & Bruce & didn't want this book to end. Why can't more authors write characters that feel real, and are people I would actually want to know? There are more fully formed characters in this than just the primary lovers, which is fantastic. I enjoy how Stein's people often (though not always-she's not formulaic or unrealistic like that) make their weaknesses into their strengths. And who doesn't love mechanical dragons, rulebreaking women, villainry and a happy ending? Exactly wha ...more
Lisa
4&1/2 stars

Hail! To the Victors!
A great start to a new series. Mechanical dragons, football, and a few historical Michigan facts thrown into a great romance.

I’ll be honest and say the author was correct and I did want to slam my book closed and throw it across the room at one point. (Sadly that doesn’t work so well with a Kindle) However, I took a breath opened the book back up, and kept reading. I was so glad I stuck around for Bruce and Eden’s happily ever after.

I look forward to more in th
Heather Halloran
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A strong and smart heroine with a unique voice! I really enjoyed the story and Edens relationship with Bruce ❤️

This was my first novel of the steampunk genre! Really enjoyed it!
Maida
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Original.

Full review will be posted at MaidaMalby.com on October 1.
Jeanne Richardson
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book I've read written by Catherine Stein; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

Jessica
Bailey (romanticalread)
Jan 26, 2020
Tai
Feb 02, 2020

• The Lady is Trouble (League of Lords)
  • Trust No Alpha (The Omega Misfits, #1)
  • Re/Paired (Doms of the FBI #2)
  • Taming Tristan
  • Hunter Forbidden: Scifi Romance (Tarron Hunters Book 4)
  • How to Lose a Wolf: A Fated Mate's Second Chance Holiday Story (Move Over Fate Book 4)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • A Vampire's Vengeance
  • The Lark and the Bull
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Guarding His Mate (Everglow Pack #2)
  • Perfect Blend: Kofi's Omega (Bear's Cove #3)
  • Finding Finley
  • A Vampire Bewitched (Deathless Night #1)
  • Gunnar (Hell's Ankhor #2)
  • Beneath the Surface (Gray Ghost #3)
  • Broken Circle (Gray Ghost #1)
  • The Liberation of Miss X (Victorian Submission Book 1)
Award-winning author Catherine Stein believes that everyone deserves love and that Happily Ever After has the power to help, to heal, and to comfort. She writes sassy, sexy romance set during the Victorian and Edwardian eras. Her books are full of action, adventure, magic, and fantastic technologies.

Catherine lives in Michigan with her husband and three rambunctious girls. She loves steampunk and

Sass and Steam (2 books)
  • Priceless (Sass and Steam, #2)