Start by marking “Sworn to the Shadow God (Aspect and Anchor #2)” as Want to Read:
Sworn to the Shadow God (Aspect and Anchor #2)

Sworn to the Shadow God

(Aspect and Anchor #2)

Adventure.

It's what my boring life is missing, so when I fall through a portal into another world, I'm excited. Here, I'm important. Here, I'm special.

I find out just *how* special when I meet Death.

Yup. That guy. He's been exiled to the mortal realm to work through his flaws, and he's just as spoiled and awful as you'd think. Rhagos, the Shadow Lord, is arrogant and
Published February 14th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Sworn to the Shadow God, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Beth I mean Max has never encountered an Aspect before so I think she gets some slack. How many times do you talk to someone and believe the opposite from…moreI mean Max has never encountered an Aspect before so I think she gets some slack. How many times do you talk to someone and believe the opposite from the get go? In her defense he tried to hide it and he did act a bit like apathy. It saying I didn’t guess it myself but give the lady a break. (less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Little Feather So when Faith died, she went to the field of the forgotten, and waited around for a long time because Rhagos was still on Aos. It made sense to me,…moreSo when Faith died, she went to the field of the forgotten, and waited around for a long time because Rhagos was still on Aos. It made sense to me, but the second time it happened it probably happened differently and only happened behind the scenes since we are only getting Max's POV. So my guess is Faith waited around in the field for weeks, Rhagos came back to the underworld, Aron waged his war on Rhagos but Rhagos already had his eye and knew what happened the previous time, so he gave Faith over to Aron. (less)

Start your review of Sworn to the Shadow God (Aspect and Anchor #2)
Jilly
Feb 16, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I spent the last 24 hours with the stupidest person who ever lived in book-land. I mean, guys, I have met many stupid characters through the years, but no one touches the idiot heroine in this book.

If you read the first book, this will all make sense to you. If you didn't, you might as well leave now.
We'll wait....
Oh, but before you go, just know this: don't bother reading the first book now because this one sucked so much that it should literally take points from the first one.
Ok. Leave now.

❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
Feb 24, 2020 is currently reading it
Before I am starting to read this book I already have a problem with it. Like in the first book this COVER is simply UGLY AF !! please find someone else to do your covers RD !! this is awful and grotesque🤦♀🤦♀

Ok...this being off my chest..I can start this 650 pages book because its about Death , and I loved Death in every prn I ve read, so there's that, here I go !!
FlewB'DoobeyDoo
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I have come to an overwhelming decision in my life....

The reason that Ruby Dixon is able to write such enthralling, steamy, "eat some leftovers cause I'm staying in tonight" books about Gods.....

Is because.....She is in fact....

REAL TALK

I just happened to be browsing on my kindle when suddenly BOOM, this bad boy immediately pops on my screen.
Like Hi, Hello, How are ya? Were you doing anything today?
PSYCH NOW YOUR NOT BISH.
AND ON VALENTINES DAY NO LESS!

For those who haven't read the first
Giorgia ~ Reads
Waw, finally finished it. I binged this book and it took me the whole day, I havent been this excited for a new release in a long time.

This one was quite different than the first. I say this because I was worried we were gonna journey through another traditional Anticipation journey but thats because of my lack of imagination as I couldnt think of ways in which this could deviate from that plot line. Im so glad this was nothing I could have predicted or imagined, in the best way possible of
Julia's Book Haven
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is fast becoming one of my favourite fantasy series. Loved this one as much as the first one and Im super excited for the next book. If you are a fan of the Hades and Persephone myth, then you will absolutely love this story and I would highly recommend it and the first book to you. ...more
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
I LOVE THIS WORLD!!! Im already dying for more (Im ready for you Kassam!). I love the delicious slow burn (let me tell you, when things heat up things HEAT UP 🔥) and I love the heroes. I struggled with the heroine in this but I could see why RD wanted to write her this way (naive/innocent). Rhagos was dreamy as hell even though I still dont know how to pronounce his name lol. I cant wait for book 3!! ...more
MeaganCM
3/28/20 This month marks the second year anniversary of my discovery of Ruby Dixon. I am so glad I stumbled upon her work. She has def become one of my fave authors. Anywho...

This was not as good as the first book in the series. Overall it was still good but compared too the first one it is lacking. I loved Rhagos's character and, yea, Max was a little to trusting at times but I still liked the story and the chemistry between Max and Rhagos. And there were quite a few times I laughed out loud.
Maca
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
I thought it was impossible for Ruby Dixon to write boring book, but here we are!
Dont mind the cover, in reality its not some cheap erotica (but when I think about it now...).
I loved the first book Bound to the Battle God. It was funny, lovely, interesting, so I was excited when I found out that theres going to be a sequel.
It took the author more than 3 years (I think) to write the first book and it was kinda obvious, because it was done really good. But then the sequel was written in a few
Laura Elizabeth
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Not bad. Nice continuation of the series. I like the God of 💀😉
Jamie Schlosser
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gah! I love a good Ruby Dixon book. Even though this book is looong, I finished it in just a few days. I loved the first one in this series, but this one was even better! I can't wait for more.
Sasha
Feb 16, 2020 rated it did not like it
It feels bad giving my first 1* rating to a book by Ruby Dixon (shes probably my favorite romance writer) but I had to be honest with myself. To say this is by far the worst material Ive ever read from her would mean little, since I love her books, so what Im saying is: this is just bad, period.

Lets start at the beginning. When the first book in the series came out, I read the blurb and had a bad feeling about it. Somehow it didnt sound like the Ruby Dixon I know and enjoy, but more like an Eve
Soph
Initial thoughts : she isnt exactly a genius buuuuuut I loved her all the same, Yep so many high lights vs and weird bits. It worked and I loved it
The author goes on to say at the end of the book why our MC in this one is so different to faith, she isnt a fighter she is trusting and loving and she is what death needs.
This is a PNR MF 1:1 with a take on Greek/ Roman mythology

MAX is a bit blind to whats in front of her throughout the book, she trusts too easily but does learn. She loves
Gaia, lover of slowburn
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf-coz-wtf
Hoo okay, it pains me to give a 2 star rating to Ruby Dixon because, hello? Its Ruby fucking Dixon. But when I think about how much time and patience I've put up with this book, yup. 2 stars it is.

I did it, I am ashamed, but I did it. I got affected by the hype. When I first read the blurb, I've had my doubts. But with the success of the first book and as a sucker for slowburn romance, I decided to read it right after I finished Bound To The Battle GodBound To The Battle God.

I mean it was okay
Christies Book Blog!!!
This is definitely the best book by ruby Dixon that I have ever read and I've read a lot of them. The book wasn't perfect but I really like that she is writing fantasy and I am SO SO SO glad that she has plans for another fantasy book even though its not in the upcoming schedule. Anyway, the hero in this book was amazing, I really liked him even when he didn't necessary have the most pure of intentions 🤷♀. The heroine is kinda stupid but like many characters she is just an over exaggeration of a ...more
Jodie
Feb 24, 2020 marked it as skimmed
I generally skim works from this author, but Im intrigued by the blurb so I figured Id really try to give this a good go.

I liked Max. I like how she immediately embraced being in another world, like yup, I read fantasy and play computer games, I know exactly whats going on. Haha. Which is good, because I hate that where am I? Whats going on? crap.

This was quite funny in places. Like snort out loud funny.

It was also slow in places. And confusing too. I hadnt read the first in the series, so maybe
JenReadsRomance
I like the premise of this series a lot, but I'm going to be honest, I did a lot of power skimming because I was very bored with a lot of the traveling parts of the story. I get it, it's a quest, yada yada, but I don't really care about them walking through swamps or whatever.

But I was so into the whole idea of Rhagos gaming the entire thing. However, once again, super shows the limit of first person present that you need all the flashbacks to make the story gel.

Still fun. Maybe you will enjoy
Nat Smithy
Feb 25, 2020 rated it did not like it
I loved every thing about this book. I didn't want to punch max in the face. I don't wish I could take back the time it took to read this book. Best book ever!
See what I did there?

That shit was too much and my head hurt (I'm back to saying the truth)
Max was so bossy and childish and she is so dumb for not knowing what aspect Rhagos was. I guessed it right away.
Can't stand it when the h tries to change her man. I don't know what he saw in her, she had no personality. And she is basically
Nickcole
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must Read

I LOVED this story. Right from the beginning Max was my type of girl and I loved reading her journey with Rhagos. I wish I could keep reading this story forever.
Stacy
SO. GOOD.

I loved Bound to the Battle God, and was so disappointed when I realized it wasnt the first book in a twenty part series that I now had at my fingertips compliments of Kindle Unlimited. So to say I was waiting for this book would be a firm inhabitant of Understatementopolis; I have been a slavering *fiend* for it.

And you guys, it was worth it. SO worth it.

Rhagos and Max are total hotness personified, but theyre total sweetness, too. This book swung easily between rowl, that was
Sparky
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dying here.... cannot wait to get my greedy lil eyes on this bad boy! <3 you Ruby!
Raxa
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
I blame Endgame for bringing back this timey-wimey shenanigans.

description

The best part of my enjoyment from the FIRST book was the mystery of the characters. Arrogance was the complete embodiment of arrogance and it was FUN watching the Heroine pull him down to earth. Her love was humbling. I gave that book five stars and beyond.

description

I was supposed to give this a one-star rating but then I realize this is Ruby freaking Dixon. Her writing is brilliance and I enjoy it.

But this book was a complete miss for me.
Ursula
3.5 stars.
I need to begin his review by saying that this is, in many ways, quite a different book from the first in the series.
This is especially so with regard to the heroine, Maxine (Max). She is no Faith fromBound To The Battle God. Firstly, she is quite a bit younger than Faith was. That may have explained some of her actions initially, but dear God, could anyone have been more clueless than Max was for much of the book? Where Faith was tough, potty-mouthed and aggressive, Max was
Treena
1.5 to 2 Stars

This is a LONG story. It was slow, but, moreover, for me, it dragged on and on. Needlessly, sometimes. I found the pace so freaking snail like, that I skimmed over a few parts and I feel like I didnt miss out on anything.

The only reason I didnt give this book a 1-star rating is because of the last 6 chapters and the epilogue. And this is because I got a glimpse of Rhagoss POV! I liked reading about what he thought and felt, especially about Max.

Sigh.

I said this about book 1 too
Lynsey A
K
Such a wonderful world

The world building- mind blowing. The characters- superbly fleshed out. We have all these minor characters that are in a small part of the book, but make such a big impact and you can't help but love them! And then there's Max and Raghos...I adored both. A big part of the why, is Max. She's such a lovable character, and reading from her pov was a treat because you got to view the world in a different way...sort of with more innocence? It lets you get past things Raghos did
Jessica
So wonderful!

While I'm not a fan of all her books, (not a big Dragon fan), this is the second book in a series that is departing from the IPB and Icehome series. Instead of various aliens, we get a good mythos with an intriguing concept of Anticipation.
In many ways this book is an opposite from the last, the hero isn't arrogant and brash, but sneaky and self-serving . The heroine isn't sassy snarky and bold, but gentle, trusting and her strength lies in her unwavering loyalty and devotion to
Kitty
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a quest!

Well I was excited to read this book because I loved the first one in the series! ruby definitely did not disappoint! I devoured this book and it consumed my sleep. Like LITERALLY! I loved it that much! I will say one thing negative, I was irritated at how long it took Max to figure out Rhagos was the aspect of Lies! I kept thinking surely she will get it how can she not figure it out. But honestly Id probably be just as naive.

Oh and I totally can see Rhagos as Kylo Ren!
Morgan Alexander
Another amazing book by ruby!

I just want to start off by saying I am a huge fan of Ruby Dixon. Every single one of her stories is well written, unique, and the romance is enough to make my heart do little flips in my chest. That being said, sworn to the shadow god was another amazing addition to her arsenal, and I cannot WAIT for the next one.
Lenna
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

This was so good! I don't want to spoil anything so I will keep it short. I loved the male and female leads. They were very different from the leads in the last book so it felt like a different type of while even though on the surface they were going through the same challenge. I can't wait to read the next in the series when it comes out!
Phoenix
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got it on KU, but had to buy it!

Seriously! This series is so good! Ruby Dixon has always had a way of making me fall in love with her characters, but this new fantasy series is on a whole other level. Is it weird to be proud of an author for their work? Because I am. I definitely recommend these books!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Fractured Mate (Iriduan Test Subjects #6)
  • Caveman Alien's Killer (Caveman Aliens #11)
  • Six Months With Cerberus
  • Yce (Captured by Aliens #3)
  • Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #2)
  • Lover from the Waves (The Kraken, #7)
  • The Alien's Ransom (Drixonian Warrior, #1)
  • Crex (Captured by Aliens #2)
  • Vengeance (Dark Scions #1)
  • Broken Earth (Argurma Salvager, #1)
  • The Accidental Werewolf's Mate: A Monsterly Yours Romance (Monstery Yours Book 3)
  • Contagion
  • Strange Love (Galactic Love #1)
  • Dreikx (Hordesmen #5)
  • Untamed Hunger (The Infinite City, #3)
  • Mission: Guardian Angel (Veslor Mates, #2)
  • Homebound
  • A Fistful of Cyborg (Cyborgs on Mars #2)
Ruby Dixon is the secret penname of a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author. As Ruby, she writes sexy barbarian aliens, grumpy shifters, and domineering bikers.

Aspect and Anchor (2 books)
  • Bound To The Battle God (Aspect and Anchor #1)

News & Interviews

“Just because you’re Death doesn’t mean I’m ready to give it a shot. If you were childbirth, I’d tell you the same thing.” 0 likes
“That might just be the fangirl in me that fell in love with Prince Zuko instead of Sokka from Avatar: The Last Airbender. I've got a thing for the bad guy.” 0 likes