Start by marking “Harmonies of the 'Net (Netwalkers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Harmonies of the 'Net (Netwalkers, #3)

Harmonies of the 'Net ('NetWalkers #3)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  50 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
The third entry in the critically acclaimed Groundties series from the author of Uplink. The star-spanning 'Net is collapsing under its own weight, and tormented genius Stephen Rideour is the only one who can save it--and keep a madman from gaining unthinkable powers. "Impressive and complex".--C.J. Cherryh.
Published November 1st 1992 by Warner Books (NY)

To ask other readers questions about Harmonies of the 'Net, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harmonies of the 'Net

Speedtribes
Oct 19, 2007 rated it did not like it
Shelves: cant-finish, sci-fi
I suppose it would make a difference to read the previous two installments-- or as I hear it, two books and prologue in the rewritten version that will be coming out-- however, I'm not entirely certain I care enough to do so.

The cover compares her writing to CJ Cherryh. I don't see it, no matter how many years they've worked together.

Perhaps this sort of story was ingenious when it first came out, however, anyone that's dipped in fandom for long enough will recognize the old hurt-comfort trope o
Joe Young
May 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Wesley Smith and his protege, Stephen Ridenour are both gifted programmers. Stephen is also a remarkable beautiful boy and had been used by the administrators at the Vandereaux, the student academy. Stephen was an orphan and had no political levers to advance his position in the hierarchy, only his remarkable programming ability, personal beauty and sensitivity to the net. The story traces the challenges faced by a politically weak student among upper classmates who take advantage of the weak an ...more
Haldoor42
Nov 06, 2012 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this series a lot, even though some of the technical stuff seemed quite esoteric and I found it hard to follow. The author did tend to be a little vague on the sexual front, and tended to allude to some injuries so circuitously that I found it hard to fully understand exactly what had been done, although it could be said she was avoiding graphic descriptions. Personally, I would have liked a little more explanation, although overall I understood enough to follow the story.
Teri Dluznieski
Sep 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
loved the story. I especially love when sci-fi/ fantasy delve into the ineffable, the spiritual and cosmic realms for which there are no ultimate, quantifiable answers. I suspect this is a series I will hope the author revisits at some point, to update the timelines of these people and their paths.
Iain Brown
Michelle
Mar 21, 2018
Viridian5
Jan 23, 2009
On October 24, 1988 in Oklahoma City, OK, at a suggestion from SF author C.J. Cherryh, I began writing. I kept writing because two hours after starting, I had to find out what happened. A little over a year later, I was the startled owner of a three book contract based on the rough draft of my first novel.

I've been writing ever since.

What appeals to me about writing in general is the constant chal
More about Jane S. Fancher