Start by marking “My Past, Your Future (Deerbourne Inn)” as Want to Read:
My Past, Your Future (Deerbourne Inn)

My Past, Your Future (Deerbourne Inn)

Callum MacLaren, a professor from Scotland, visits Willow Springs, Vermont during the Winter Solstice to study and explore the rich history of St. Joseph's Cemetery. His encounter with a sexy soldier in a tattered Civil War uniform is a captivating puzzle, and the more he learns, the deeper his attraction.

A hundred and fifty years ago, Elijah Freeman was killed during the
Published February 24th 2020 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about My Past, Your Future, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Past, Your Future

Start your review of My Past, Your Future (Deerbourne Inn)
Sandra
This was an interesting book. I don't read a lot of ghost stories - I don't usually seek them out, and I can probably count the ones I have read on one hand.

I also had some questions that remained unanswered, such as why is Elijah stuck to the town where he used to live, instead of the battle field where he died, and how is he able to go to some places nearby but not all, and why is Callum the first to ever be able to see and speak to him, because that's just a little too convenient for my
Wendy
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As with any paranormal story, we make allowance for the imagination. We expect that certain things will be unbelievable and we hope that we can still somehow cheat our brains into accepting what we're told. I didn't find the latter to be the case with this book. While ghosts are by definition figments and ethereal, Elijah's character was very believable. The story was written in such a way that it all felt very realistic to me. From Callum's first sighting of Elijah to the developing ...more
Audrey Pott
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thought this storyline was uniquely interesting I dont believe Ive ever read a story where the ghost comes alive. I enjoyed Gabbis descriptive writing, the civil war and the shocked surprise when Elijah realised Callum could see him, I felt like I was there with them. Loveable characters made this story, some slight angst and loved how Callum and Elijah came together, their chemistry sizzled.

I voluntarily reviewed an arc of this book for my honest opinions of which Im under no obligation to do
Coline Peterson
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A different twist on a wonderful well written ghostly love story. I see a man in the moonlight sitting on a gravestone, in the middle of the winter, in a graveyard that I have come to explore, but was he wearing a confederate soilders uniform, goodness that can be right, I must be tired. But I wasn't Elijah was a soldier, died in battle and now he's stuck in limbo, however I can see him, touch him, get to know him, and begin to love him but will he stay with me now that he's human again or ...more
Anabela.M.
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Why does Elijah's ghost haunt the grounds of Willow Spring instead of the place he actually died at and his body is buried? How come he had access to some places, not all? Why, in all his years as a ghost, Callum is the first and only person to ever see him?

These are some of the questions me and the characters ask during this book. Many go unanswered and at some point I actually stopped wondering, because... ghost story! You know what I mean, lol? It's supposed to transcend logic or religion,
Amanda
3.5 stars!

This book was very different and I appreciated that. Its technically a paranormal, but didnt have a paranormal feel to it and was firmly grounded in the contemporary present. I liked the history, it was very well done, and Grey can definitely write. I do wish there was some explanation for Elijah, but even without it the story was very good.
Lisa
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was an amazing book that I couldn't put down. I've never read romances involving ghosts or anything paranormal before, so I hesitated when offered an ARC. I'm glad I tried it. Gabbi Grey had an amazing way of bringing both MCs to life and making sure the reader understood all of their emotions. The way she writes with explicit detail makes it so easy to picture everything in your mind. I'm definitely interested in reading more books by her!

I recieved an advanced copy and voluntarily gave my
Jean Grant
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ms. Grey lured me in with her polished voice and vivid storytelling as a Civil War ghost and modern day history professor fall in love. In this m/m romance, Scottish Callum is visiting Willow Springs and sees the ghost, a former slave/Civil War soldier named Elijah inhabiting (haunting?) the town cemeteryCallum is the first person ever to see Elijah since his death. They spend a snow storm and hot night together. Is Elijah reappearing in his human form? Find out. HIGHLIGHTS: history, vivid ...more
Aerielle Bondi
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I admit I was skeptical about this book. However Im will to give any romance with ghosts a try. Im so glad I did!!! Callum catches sight of a ragged looking man while exploring an old cemetery. One second the man is there then the next he is gone. Elijah has been stuck in what he calls purgatory for 150 years, when suddenly a man calls out to him. The rest of the story is their journey towards a HEA. I very much enjoyed this book. I wish the ending was a little longer, mainly because I didnt ...more
Katherine Horvath
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My Past, Your Future: Amazing story and writing. I liked the whole story and the route it took. The characters were wonderful. It had a lot of emotions throughout the story. Elijah was a caring ghost that still cared for his past love but found an attraction to a human that he didn't have before. It was told so well that I could put it down. The title fit the story perfectly. Great title!
Jennifer Reilley
Feb 18, 2020 rated it liked it
I couldnt wait to read this book based on the blurb. Unfortunately it did not live up to what I was hoping for from it

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying I hated it by any means, I just wanted more from the story. I liked the characters but I didnt feel connected to them. I just wished there was more to the guys and the story.

It was low angst story of the guys finding love
Elle
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I like paranormal fiction; and this was a nice gentle read. I have never read this author before, and I thought she did a pretty good job of the whole time displacement trope. The book was quite well written, the characters were very likeable and the story pleasing.

Elijah and Callum are lovely together, and the author has given us a gentle love story, which has a satisfying ending. If you want a low angst, paranormal tale, this is for you.

Ida Umphers
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you like ghostly romances and history, you will love this book. The two main characters are wonderful and their attraction is totally believable. There are no efforts at detailed explanations of why Callum can see and interact with Elijah nor why Elijah suddenly gets to live again but that didn't bother me. I just enjoyed as the two men learned about each other's current life and past. We get amazing and heartbreaking Civil War stories from Elijah and Callum gets to introduce him to the ...more
Shannon Tolen
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have never read a story like this and now I need more like this in my life!!! The characters, storyline and even the setting are well-written yet unique. Elijah and Callum are completely lovable characters that you cant help but root for them to find their HEA. While there is a little bit of heat, its not the primary aspect of the story which is nice! This was my initial foray into the works of this author, but I look forward to reading more of her work. ...more
Patricia Nelson
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fantastic, sweet, charming, delightful, poignant, engaging, beautiful, amazing, grab-you-by-the-feels, lovely, wonderful, and totally awesome story. Callum and Elijah were were drawn together by the power of love so strong it defied even death itself. I would recommend getting this marvelous gem immediately.
Kashonna Shaw
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I found this an enjoyable book. It showed a different way for an author to approach the ghost angel. I thought the characters were really well thought out and worked will together. I really liked that it was set in an area of the US that doesn't get showcased a lot in writing. I would recommend this book if you enjoy ghosts and happily ever afters.
Belinda Zamora
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a great novella.
Callum and Elijah were such sweet characters.
I love a good ghost romance and this one certainly ticked all the boxes.
It was short, but the story felt completed.
I really enjoyed the epilogue, getting to see Elijah experience the changes in modern living.
I only wish it had been longer, I wanted to spend more time getting to know these characters.
A.L. WIlliams
Mar 13, 2020 rated it did not like it
I had to DNF this book. It was well written and the authors voice was good. My problem was the disconnect with the black MCs culture and experience. As a black man I...its hard ro explain. I just didnt connect with him. It read very clearly as someone who does not have intimate dealings with African Americans. Also there was too much sex and not enough story.
Teresa Carnegie
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderfully told story about an unexpected love across time, sex, age, and race. The love between Callum and Elijah was sweet. The two of them should never have had a chance but Gabbi weaved us a lovely story proving there really is someone for everyone.
Lillian Francis
Interesting premise that doesn't quite deliver.
Way too many sex scenes for the length of story.
Sylvie
Feb 09, 2020
Lilly
Feb 10, 2020
Gabbi Grey
Feb 15, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Maggie
Feb 24, 2020
Audrianna
is currently reading it
Feb 25, 2020

• The Best Friend (Red's Tavern, #1)
  • Magpie (Forbidden Desires Spin-Off #2)
  • The Pathfinders
  • Sanctuary (Wrecked #1)
  • Before the Call  (Small Town Hearts, #2)
  • Candy Hearts (So Over the Holidays, #2)
  • Wolf Found (The Wolves of Kismet, #2)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Disrupt (Iron Heretics MC, #1)
  • Saving Rafe (Lords of Discord #2)
  • Thorn in His Side
  • Give Me A Hand (Beyond Desire, #1)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes #1)
  • Clayton (Single Dads Club #2.5)
  • Tried & True (THIRDS #10)
  • First Moon (Four Moons #1)
  • Hope (Wolves of Walker County, #2)
  • Hemingway's Notebook (Love Across Time, #5)
Even though Gabbi Grey is a firm believer in happy endings, she makes her characters work for it in every romance she writes, no matter what the genre. From contemporary to BDSM, they are penned late at night in her home on a beautiful British Columbia mountain surrounded by magnificent trees and every conceivable woodland creatureincluding bears. ...more