Start by marking “Heart Bones” as Want to Read:
Heart Bones

Heart Bones

4.40  ·  Rating details ·  37,174 ratings  ·  4,892 reviews
Life and a dismal last name are the only two things Beyah Grim's parents ever gave her. After carving her path all on her own, Beyah is well on her way to bigger and better things, thanks to no one but herself.

With only two short months separating her from the future she's built and the past she desperately wants to leave behind, an unexpected death leaves Beyah with no pl
Published August 19th 2020 by Hoover Ink, Inc.
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about Heart Bones, please sign up.
Valerie Fazio Angsty Romeo and Juliet; misery loves company; but let's keep it a summer fling since we're both going to be living on opposite sides of the continent…moreAngsty Romeo and Juliet; misery loves company; but let's keep it a summer fling since we're both going to be living on opposite sides of the continental U.S. when summer ends. but wait! there's more! AKA a plot twist...(less)

·  37,174 ratings  ·  4,892 reviews

Start your review of Heart Bones
Nilufer Ozmekik
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG! I just finished it and.........................................................yes, first time in my life, I’m speechless! My heart is broken into million pieces. It hurts! But I also keep smiling..... okay... as soon as I recover, my review is coming soon! Oh let’s forget giving entire galaxy’s stars! It’s not fair to give this book only five stars!
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540

FULL RTC

This author could re-write the phone book and I'd bloody well read the thing!! An easy 5 star read!! An easy book to fall in love with!! An emotional book that hit me in the feels straight away..
jessica
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
if it wasnt official before, it certainly is now - CoHo can do no wrong.

im so used to CH writing about adults that i was a little taken aback when i realised this is about two young people, right on the cusp of adulthood. but i think this story explores a lot of great topics that surround people who are in the vulnerable transition period between high school and university, between youth and adulthood.

this a short, simple, sweet story about learning how to trust and listen to your heart. and i
Christy
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

“790904D4_39E4_4FE5_89A5_E281A7C2AD83_IMG_8135"/
"You can fill your life with nice things, but nice things don’t fill the holes in your soul.”

It has been so long since I've sat down and read a full length novel in one sitting, but that is exactly what I did with Heart Bones. Colleen Hoover wrote such a beautiful book that made me feel so deeply. It was one of those books that captivated me from the start and I never wanted to put it down... so I didn't.

Beyah has had a hard life. And I don't say that lightly. Her life i
The Burning Rose (Jess)
Feb 08, 2020 marked it as to-read
Me, a week ago: I need more Colleen Hoover books.
Colleen: a new romance novel, coming in July.
Me: *looking at the sky* GOD???
Bibi
Aug 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-author
Tears are dribbling down my cheeks as I write this. Partly for this story but mostly because it compounds the numerous heartbreaking moments we’ve been through in 2020. This just tops it perfectly. Just another broken piece of my heart, even if it’s for fictional characters.

Mehn, I don’t know. This hit too hard. FRTC, maybe.
Arini
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Favorite Book of 2020

4.5 Stars

“Damaged people recognize other damaged people. It’s like a club you don’t want a membership to.”

In case you DO want a membership, just read this book cause: (1) It’s so sad, it’s a mood; (2) After spending most of the 2nd half chapters sobbing my eyes out, I can confirm that I am now positively damaged. So, let’s welcome me to this club (with a hug, please)! ✨ 😭

Beyah (19), having lived most of her life in poverty, is left with no option but to
Gabby
This book was really sweet, but also really sad and heartbreaking.
in this story we follow this young girl named Beyah, who lives in a trailer park with an addict for a Mother. Her life seems to be falling apart when her Mother dies of an overdose and she finds herself homeless in the summer after her senior year of high school. So she calls her birth Father who she barely ever see anymore and asks to stay with him for the summer. This is a romance story about two broken people finding
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Epic first love!

The following ratings are out of 5:
Romance: 💚💙💜❤️💖
Heat/Steam: 🔥🔥
Story/Plot: 📘📗📕📙📓
World building: 🌏🌎🌍🌎🌏
Character development: 👤👤👤👤👤

The setting: Kentucky & The Bolivar Peninsula, Texas (beach house).

The Hero: Samson – Rich kid with a lot of secrets, staying alone in one of his families 5 rental properties while he is in charge of taking care of them.

The heroine: Beyah - (Pronounced: Bay-ah), she grew up poor and almost always hungry with her addict Mom in Kentucky. Her Dad sent c
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
✨ CoHo does well with new adult writing and this one didn't disappoint me.

"Maybe we both grew heart bones."

Two broken people finding love in each other 😭💯

*Review as on publication day:

19th August, 2020

I just grabbed my copy as soon as it was available 😍

The story starts with a death and leaving Beyah looking for a place to stay.

Sounds weird, right?

Rightly so!

This is the story about a girl who has been through poverty and neglect because of an addict parent.

This is the story of a girl who has a
Drey
5 "SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS" Stars!!

I'm goddamn blown away ... again!

"He might be right. Maybe we did grow heart bones. But what if the only way of knowing you grew a heart bone is by feeling the agony caused by the break?"

I've NEVER expected less from Colleen Hoover since I read Ugly Love. She's this author that will totally sweep you away. And this story? This story is absolutely at it's best that I think I've also grown a heart bone!

Overall, Colleen Hoover not only w
Corina
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: standalone

And she did it again!!!!
___________________________________

My review is finally live on the blog.
___________________________________

After reading Regretting You last year, and totally and madly falling in love with it, I was wondering it it was a fluke or if I’m turning into a CoHo fan. And it’s now official, I’m really loving her latest books.

Heart Bones was such a wonderful, emotional, but also touching YA/NA contemporary romance. When I read Regretting You, I loved the YA part so mu
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
Heart Bones is essentially a beach read, Colleen Hoover style, which means it’s heartbreaking and intense. And since the only requirement I have for beach reads is that it takes place on the beach, this book worked for me! And even though I just said it was heartbreaking, Heart Bones was surprisingly an easy, enjoyable read. It didn’t hit quite as emotional as I’m used to from this author but it does have a twist towards the end in classic CoHo style. I wish it could’ve been longer because there ...more
Larry H
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
CoHo hits another home run with her newest novel, Heart Bones !!

“‘Don’t worry. Hearts don’t have bones. They can’t actually break.’ But what if the only way of knowing you grew a heart bone is by feeling the agony of the break?”

Beyah has always made her own path. She’s had no other choice. But with a few months left until college she’s left with nowhere to turn, so she winds up going to spend the summer with her father, whom she barely knows, on a peninsula in Texas.

She’s not planning to let
Bridgett
Aug 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Damaged people recognize other damaged people. It's like a club you don't want a membership to.

Like all of CoHo's books, Heart Bones is compulsively readable. I've mentioned before that even her books I don't care for, still manage to suck me right in. I enjoyed Heart Bones, but it wasn't my favorite from her library. To me, it didn't compare to Hopeless, Maybe Someday, or Regretting You.

It took me awhile to warm to Beyah, as she was more judgmental than the so-called rich people sh
talon smith
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My review will not be long for this one. Period. Because I think every one should go into this book as blind as I did. You will thank me later for this plain and generic review.

Heart Bones hurt.
But it also felt really, really good.
It felt so good reading and getting hurt by CoHo all over again like when I read Hopeless and Ugly Love.

That's what this book felt like. A Hopeless / Ugly Love baby. Kicking me right in my gut.

The characters absolutely stole my heart. Not just the main characters, bu
Jessica
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Colleen Hoover releases a new book, I'm going to read it. I like to go into her books not knowing anything, so I went into this newest release knowing very little and waited to see where Colleen would take us.

The first half of this book is very slow. We get a LOT of build up between Beyah and Samson and watch them slowly start to open up and fall for each other. I enjoyed watching two very closed off people start to fall for one another, but I will say I was slightly annoyed with how secretive
Tani
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
RATINGS: 3. 5 BUT ROUNDING UP TO 4 STARS

CoHo made a fool out of me and I'm gladly accepting it. This isn't her best work per se, but not anywhere close to worst one either.

Apart from intense staring chemistry which was much like this:

I don't have any complaints regarding this book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why am I keeping up my hopes for this one?

Before CoHo disappointed me with Ugly Love and November 9, she was my go-to author for gifting Too Late and It Ends with Us.

So here I am, ready to put myself i
Lacey
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing

This book broke my heart bone. 🖤

It's my new favorite CoHo book. And, honestly, if it doesn't win the Goodreads Choice Award for Best Romance this year, someone's gonna catch these hands.
Susanne  Strong
Oct 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Can a Heart actually Break? The answer to that, can be found in “Heart Bones” by Colleen Hoover.

For a girl who has always gotten the short end of the stick, Beyah’s life has turned around like that. Living in a trailer home with a junkie for a mom one minute, to living on the beach on the peninsula of Texas with her absentee father, the next.

Beyah’s life has never been easy, or fair, thus keeping secrets is all she’s ever known.

Living with her dad and her new step-family that knows nothing abou
Nazanin
Sep 29, 2020 rated it liked it
3 Stars

… love is a lot like water.
It can be calm.
Raging.
Threatening.
Soothing.
Water will be many things, but even in all its forms, it will always be water.
You are my water.
I think I might be yours, too.

Let’s begin with this that I’m a big fan of CoHo’s books and loved 90% of them but lately what I read were almost a miss (unfortunately). It’s like her books lost their magic for me! It was like someone else wrote this book! For this one, I like to say it had potential but it’s a lie! When I’m goi
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
<3 5 STARS <3

This is just amazing! It was emotional, intense and heartwarming! I loved the romance it was intense and heavy!There were moments I find myself crying and feeling emotional , loved all the characters!

Beyah and Samson gave me all the feels with their romance.From the very beginning, I loved the set up and how their relationship developed!It was a fantastic story!

I highly recommend it to everyone!

Yeasmin Alo

Song that instantly came to my mind after reading this story

John Denver-Annie's Song

It was sweet, cheesy ,romantic, cute, slow burn love story.

I didn't find it mind blowing or extra ordinary

But it was full of goodness ❤
Sometimes I feel like my heart actively searches for goodness. Because I don't see lot of that around me. So this book was like breathing in fresh air for me 💕.

Beyah
Apart from sense
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
description

Another shitty plot twist I didn’t see coming in 2020; I gave my first Colleen Hoover book less than five stars.

There was nothing in particular that was wrong with this book. But I have to be honest, while I was reading it I couldn’t quite believe this is something Colleen Hoover wrote. At one point I checked the cover just to make sure her name was actually on it. I know her last few books have sort of detoured from the usual romantic genre she has written in. And while this one had some roman
Saumya
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
After two challenging books, the author seems to have played it safe this time by using the same plain old romance plotline.

The last two books gave hope that maybe the author is venturing into new lanes of storylines but this book tells that that enjoyable trip ended way too short.

It is the story of a boy and girl who face extreme financial and familial deprivations from childhood and had to do things not-right to make themselves survive. No one understood them and they never felt loved until th
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
I swear I got kicked in the Heart Bones. After I recover, I’ll post my spoiler-free review. This book, its characters, and this incredible writer are all so special to me. Once again, I was “Hooverized.” I loved this book ❤️
description
Wendy
Read it on one go... no sleep necessary!!

4,5 stars from me
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
****4.5 STARS****

Emotional, heart-breaking, passionate, and intense! Those are a just few words that come to mind when I describe my feelings about Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover.

This book really touched my heart in more ways than one. It puts on display the strength and endurance of a woman. It is the perfect example of how to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back up again after a tragedy.

Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover is told from Beyah’s point of view which adds an element of suspen
Blythe The Word Junkie
5 out of 5 stars!

Come at me, world. You can't damage the impermeable.

This book is a mixture of brutal and beautiful.
Vulnerable and violent.
Honest and deceitful.
Heart bones and Heartburns.

Every time Colleen Hoover releases a book, I will always find myself compelled and captivated. Her plots have a way of demanding your attention. Her words tastefully resonate. She has mastered imageries that soothe the senses, sending you straight to the simply complex world she has built. Reading this complete
Storiesandcoffee
"There are two different kinds of wrong. The wrong that stems from weakness and the wrong that stems from strength."

Whenever I read the last sentence of a Colleen Hoover book, I think to myself, "Damn, how does she write such compelling stories every. single. time?"

Seriously...how does she do it?

Like all of Colleen's books, Heart Bones will consume your thoughts, causing an urgent need to rush through whatever adulting you have to do just so you can get right back to reading it. The plot is

• Stuck-Up Suit
  • Someone We Know
  • Drawing and Painting Beautiful Faces: A Mixed-Media Portrait Workshop
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)
  • Don't Make a Sound (Sawyer Brooks, #1)
  • Big Lies in a Small Town
  • Crimson: Secrets and Lies of a Living Vampire (Shades of Red #1)
  • The Free (The Wild, #2)
  • 24690 (24690, #1)
  • Capture Me (Capture Me, #1)
  • Rules of Bennett (Rules of Bennett, #0.5)
  • Even If It Hurts
  • You Will Bow
  • Buckled (Trails of Sin, #2)
  • You Will Break (Rules of Bennett Book 2)
  • Knotted (Trails of Sin, #1)
  • Branded (Wren's Song, #1)
International and #1 New York Times bestselling author of romance, YA, thriller and Women's Fiction. And maybe a ghost story soon.

I don't like to be confined to one genre. If you put me in a box, I'll claw my way out.

My social media username is @colleenhoover pretty much everywhere except my email, which is colleenhooverbooks@gmail.com

Founder of www.thebookwormbox.com charity and Book Bonanza.

Articles featuring this book

Ah yes, the allure of new love! Be prepared to be charmed, wooed, and—of course—seduced by these most popular romance novels of the past three...
“Hearts don’t have bones. They can’t actually break.” 70 likes
“Love is a lot like water.
It can be calm. Raging. Threatening. Soothing.
Water will be many things, but even in all its forms, it will always be water.
You are my water.
I think I might be yours, too.”
58 likes