Start by marking “The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)

The Sinful King

(Naughty Royals #1)

If you had any ties to Marbella, it was impossible for you not to have heard the stories about Prince Elias and his debauchery.

Every summer he arrived with his security detail and friends in tow and rented out a row of cottages near the water.

Cottages that belonged to my family.

Each of those summers, my parents sent me away summer camp and later, boarding school.
Published March 5th 2020 by The Wicked Pen

To ask other readers questions about The Sinful King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sinful King

Start your review of The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)
Christy
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-four-stars

photo FEF2D605-FE93-4EE4-9AB1-F09EEF458F1B_zpscez8bbzm.png
You dont have to be a king to change history.
No, I suppose not. He smiled. You can be a queen.

The Sinful King is one of the best royal romances I've read recently! It was the perfect stand-alone romance and I devoured it.

Adeline and Prince Elias meet in an unconventional way. The prologue of this book threw me for a loop and I couldn't wait to find out more about these two. Fast forward years later and Adeline is getting away after a scandal when Prince Elias comes back into
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

5 Sin with Me CROWNS

The Sinful King was everything and nothing like what I expected it to be. It was regal with a dash of forbidden and sweet with moments of stolen seduction.

Prince Elias really wasn't really what I expected him to be. He was grumpy and gruff, but once readers learn of all that weighs on his shoulders and his impending future, it is clear why he is so abrasive at times. I couldn't imagine being in his shoes, and so his behaviors and actions make
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 "I Want You Always" stars!
(ARC provided by author)

photo 16F6B559-07D8-4AF1-86F8-42443AE80D06_zpskcdao5bl.jpg

Prince Elias is the future king of France, and the most eligible bachelor in the world. He and his brother are known as notorious playboys, but Elias has been groomed and prepared to be king his entire life. Hes under a lot of pressure, and for him everything is about tradition, duty, responsibility, and appearances. He lives in Paris, but looks forward to his summers in Marbella. Its the only time he can escape the tabloids and paparazzi,
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
Love is a game. You need to play to your hearts advantage.

This book is a dream come true for all lovers of modern royalty! I can't resist love stories about princes and commoners and Claire Contreras brought to life one of my childhood fantasies. The Sinful King is an enchanting story of epic love and it utterly and completely swept me off my feet. With the perfect amount of tension, sweet moments, angst and sinfully hot scenes Claire made me unable to stop reading this book even for a second!
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS
You dont curtsy to me, he said into my ear.
Are you not my King?
Are you not my world?

If you're looking for an utterly romantic and swoony royal romance chock full of heart and brimming with passion, look no further. The Sinful King was all of those things. I greedily devoured it in one sitting. It was just one of those sweet, steamy and feel-good type of romances that's easy on the angst but with plenty of feels.
Say it, Addie.
Say what? I was already finding it hard to breathe and
Rea
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Please make sure your seat backs are upright and your tray tables are....ok I know its cheesy, but seriously! The Sinful King will have you ready to hop a plane to Marbella and the hotspots of France looking for your own future King.

Claire shows her range of masterful emotions, tension and frankly all the genres in this standalone! A surprising follow up release after Half Truths, and I couldnt have been more ready for it!

Its light, ethereal in descriptions, but with an exceptional amount of
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Feb 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

Modern trends become intertwined with tradition to deliver a contemporary narrative different from what were accustomed to in this genre. With current flairs and somewhat distinct qualities, Claire Contreras delivered a modern royal romance lighthearted in nature. However, with little to no emotion it became difficult to love or connect with both characters, as well as have a fondness for The Sinful King.

You dont curtsy to me, he said into my ear.
Are you not my King?
Are you not my world?

King
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'My unattainable' Stars!

I literally devoured this novel in just a few hours! I was so excited for this release since there was quite a lot of hype around it and because I surely have enjoyed Claire's work before this. The Sinful King is a magnetic, sweet and sexy royal romance you don't want to miss! I loved Adeline and Elias, their forbidden relationship and how it developed. Elias is so mysterious and so swoony, I just loved the way he was with Addie.

I do wish the story was a bit longer but
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

In the prologue we see how 18 year old Adeline meets a mysterious stranger at a summer party in her hometown of Marbella, Spain.

Insta attraction ... which leads to her losing her virginity to him.

Him being - as she finds out in the papers the next morning - the future King of France!

Whoopsie. ☺

Fast forward five years and Adeline is back in town after a tiny little scandal chased her out of London.

And the Prince is back too ... but he might be announcing his engagement any day now!

LET THE FUN
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4 "I want you... Always!!!" stars***

What good was savoring something exquisite if you had no shot at keeping it?

Everyone knows by now that i'm a sucker of royal romances and this book was such a lovely and pleasant surprise!!!
I loved Elias and Adeline very much and their story was beautiful and in a way, romantic, even though there were obstacles that were standing between them...
Also, I'm looking forward for Aramis and Pilar's turns!!!! And i might have a good idea which their
~Dawn~TUG
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Claire Contreras isn't just a beautiful face and person, she has written my perfect prince. So thank you girl. **High fives and twirls** Prince Elias is smooth, gorgeous, in charge, and absolutely delectable in every way. He knows what he wants, puts forward the effort and patiently waits until the moment is his to seize....SWOOOOOON. This story had me from the first mysterious night until the last...all while building it up with a sexual tension that could be felt oozing right off my damn ...more
Nova B
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
This was quite boring. Her sleeping with him the first time she meets him and giving up her virginity threw me. I guess I find that a little too much. Shouldnt you at least see who your giving it up to. Lmao ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Ugh I didnt like it at all I tried but it wasnt for me !

Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
AHHHH!! The Sinful King was a story with allllll the swoons and feels. Adeline and Prince Elias gave me all the butterflies and feelings of first love. This was such a romantic story that I could not get enough of!

I found this story ro be cute and adorable. It was a much needed change from what the alphahole I usually read. Elias was adorably grumpy yet sweet. Adeline was a breath of fresh air and together they were a perfect match. I loved their fiery chemistry and could not stop reading! 4
Seline Mustafa
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was ok

Disappointed.....

I dont know if this counts as read because I skimmed through most of the book. I couldnt get into it from the start.
I couldnt connect to the characters in the first 15 chapters and the storyline was boring so thats when I started to skim over most of the book.
The romance wasnt that interesting either.

Overall I would describe this book as BORING...
The only redeeming thing I could mention about this book is the cover and the actual synopsis.
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
There have been quite a few books published in the last two years with a royal theme to them, I guess the Harry / Meghan love story has inspired lots of writers. A prince marrying a commoner is a plot we all know well, the story of Cinderella is a classic example and it never gets old.

Adeline grew up spending her summers in Marbella at the villas her family owns. They are exquisite and exclusive, making them popular for people with wealth to enjoy private holidays. The royal family from France
readingsnfeelings
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: not-finished
DNF

Let me start by saying that I usually love this author's books. They are all unique and entertaining. When I saw that she was going to release a royalty romance, I was really excited about it. Its a genre that I'm not biggest fan of, let's just say its not my go-to trope. But I had really high expectations about The Sinful King, given how much I loved the author's previous works. Unfortunately, this book didn't work for me. I wasn't really fan of how the prologue started. It didn't make
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Who doesn't love a steamy and sexy Royal Romance.....  This was such a sweet ride, one that I couldn't put down till the end.  So beautifully written, I encourage all of you to pick this one up.  Definitely one of those epic romances❤

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
She was warned to stay away from the cottages when the king and his posse where there. But one night Adeline decides to visit one of the many parties that are thrown there and that night changes everything for her.

Elias never wanted to be King but was groomed for this from a young age. Even if he wanted to change his future he knows his priority is to his country and the people. Until Adeline, no one has ever seen the real him and that was something he never expected. Adeline has been through
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Ms. Contreras drew a wicked picture of a France that still had a king. I really liked the way "The Sinful King" played with how this country might look today if the monarchie still existed. I loved the plot in total and her writing was as good as I expected it to be from previous books I read. Some of the dialogues I read in this story are sure to make their way into lists with favorite book quotes of that I am sure.... as they were pretty swoon-worthy.

And honestly, this is also why I do not
nikki
Mar 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Really enjoyed The Sinful King from Claire Contreras - Prince Elias and Adelines story was a fairly quick read, but it was sweet and perfect for lovers of all things Royal ...more
✨Lucy❣️
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5+ Crème de la Crème

The Sinful King has all the pop and flare that I have come to love from Claire Contreras. I was swept away and taken on a whirlwind fairytale of an adventure from the prologue to the epilogue.

They meet in the most remarkable first and foremost of a meet up...an unexpected rendezvous. Everything went right in the magic of one night. Two bodies lost in passion and pleasure with the perception of nothing more. So they thought,

Years later Adeline comes face to face with the
Beneath The Covers Blog
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sonal, arcs, 2020-reads
Full review can be found HERE --> https://beneaththecoversblog.com/2020...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
ABookLover73
Shelves: arc, 2020
Review coming soon...
Courtney
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars

The Sinful King is the first book in Claire Contreras' Naughty Royals series. This was very entertaining read and a great introduction to all the characters that we will see in forthcoming books.

This book can easily be read as a standalone and will have readers excited to read the other books when they are released.

The Sinful King is Prince Elias and Adeline's story and it is quite the entertaining one. I love that Claire gives this story the right amount of angst but has the perfect
Melissa
Like most readers, I have a go to set of authors whos stories seem to captivate me. Sometimes I ask myself what is it about this author that I love so much? Sometimes its the humor. Sometimes its the writing style. Sometimes its because the author is the best at writing an angsty story that I just happen to be in the mood for. Sometimes its because I know the author will leave me with a what in the world kind of book feeling is that. Other times its because I know it will be a safe readOne that ...more
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
description

The Sinful King was a royal sweet and sexy treat. I LOVED this fairytale romance. An alcohol-infused one-night stand turns into a modern-day royal romance that everyone will love. One-click worthy!
Grace
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing

A sexy royal treat, perfect for any romance reader! In this author's latest release, readers get a twist on the popular royal trope.

Growing up in the world of Disney, most women have donned a princess dress at one point or had lofty dreams of meeting our own Prince Charming. But I don't think anyone would imagine the fairy tale beginning with a risqué one-night stand. That is how Adeline Bouchard's story begins.

Years later, Adeline is reunited with her one-night stand, Prince Elias,
Mom Seeks Smut
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So Claire Contreras has been on my list of authors I need to read more works from for awhile...and while Ive only read a few of her books I can already see the talent shes able to write these amazing characters and the diversity of her stories. This 2nd chance stand-alone royalty romance is one powerful punch of emotion that just sat so well with me. I absolutely loved this story and these characters and everything they were together. ...more
BG
You dont have to be a king to change history.
No, I suppose not. He smiled. You can be a queen.

I love stories involving royalty falling for commoners. And this was just the book for me.😊

• Dear Ava
  • The Rich Boy
  • Just One Year
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Crowne of Lies
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • Kiss the Stars (Falling Stars, #1)
  • Dying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #3)
  • Queen of Lies (Empire of Lies #2)
  • The Trade
  • Doctor Dearest
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • The Wrong/Right Man
  • Taming Hollywood's Baddest Boy
  • Stolen Soulmate (Crowne Point #2)
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • Creole Kingpin (The Magnolia Duet, #1)
  • Open Book
Claire Contreras is a New York Times Best Selling Author who traded her psychology degree to write fiction. Dont worry, she still uses her knowledge on every single one of her characters.

Shes a breast cancer survivor (x2), who was born in the Dominican Republic, raised in Florida, and currently resides in Charlotte, NC with her husband, two adorable boys, and French bulldog.

Her books range from