Start by marking “The Gold Touch That Went Cattywampus (Lost Southern Magic #1)” as Want to Read:
The Gold Touch That Went Cattywampus (Lost Southern Magic #1)

The Gold Touch That Went Cattywampus

(Lost Southern Magic #1)

The town of Magnolia Cove has lost its magic. It's up to Pepper Reign to reclaim it.

When Blake Calhoun sets out to steal the heart fire, the object that makes the town of Magnolia Cove, Alabama, magical, his plan backfires. The heart isn't stolen, instead it breaks into four pieces and scatters across the state. Now, newly married Pepper and Axel Reign must work to track d
Published March 1st 2020 by LADYBUGBOOKS LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Gold Touch That Went Cattywampus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gold Touch That Went Cattywampus

Start your review of The Gold Touch That Went Cattywampus (Lost Southern Magic #1)
Michelle Randall
Aug 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book, and possibly the series follows The Sweet Tea Witches series, book 16 by Amy Boyles. I haven't finished this book as I keep getting drawn back to other characters as this book(series) brings together characters from a couple of different series' by Amy Boyles.

In this first book, Axel and Pepper have just gotten married and instead of a honeymoon they are searching for pieces of the heart fire from Magnolia Cove. They end up in Haunted Hollow, which is the home of Blissful and Roan, of
Sarah Crawford
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
This is actually a crossover series where Pepper and Axel travel to Haunted Hollow to try to find a part of the town heart that was torn into four pieces. It seems some guy in Haunted Hollow has suddenly developed the ability to turn things into gold. The second main problem is that an evil guy is also after the heart pieces so it's a question of who gets to it first and can the problems the Midas-touch guy created be solved.

The problem I had with this book is that I am not familiar with the Hau
Angela Griffin
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Innovative fun!

This is a good co-mingling of two enjoyable series. Pepper, Axel, and Grandma Betty from the "Sweet Tea Witches" have chased part of the heart fire to Haunted Hollow, Alabama. Luckily for them, this is where Blissful, Roan, and the gang from "Southern Ghost Wranglers" can be found. I liked that the teams worked together to solve the catastrophes in both series, and the multiple viewpoints setup works (for this special crossover series ONLY!). Betty is an even bigger pain than usua
Patricia Haynes
Jun 05, 2020 rated it did not like it
Too many references to other stories

For the first time I’m writing a 1 star reference. In order to follow most of this story it’s obvious that I needed to have read the books in another series that came before this series. I don’t mind the fact that there were books written by this author before but to base and constantly refer back is confusing and takes away from the current story. I just didn’t enjoy not knowing whatever was being referred to. Readers need to be warned that to totally follow
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Exciting read!

Axel and Pepper are married! All should be right with their world. But, of course, it’s never a dull moment and when the Heartstone is broken in pieces the town of Magnolia Cove is losing its magic. Can Pepper, Alex and Betty find the pieces and bring the magic back? Well, with the held of Blissful, Roan and the Ghost Wranglers it should be a piece of...shortbread!

Great beginning to this storyline.
Jana Gundy
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved it!

What Amy has done here is brilliant! There are crossovers in a lot of series but this is the mother of all crossovers and it’s a genius idea. Pepper and Axel star in a new series that connects all of the author’s other series together. I love each one and this was an excellent book with some of my favorite characters.
JoAnne Henry
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Witches, ghosts, vampires and more.

Another great series by Amy Boyles. Pepper, Axel, and Betty get help from Blissful, Roan and the gang on their quest to save Magnolia Cove.
I love that this new series will be visiting old friends.
Cindy
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Funny, bad guys, great hero's/heriones and magic.

The books that Amy Boyle writes are fun mysteries!. I live her hero's and heriones and the bad guys getting their due diligence. Cant wait to read the second book in this series.
Amy
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cattywampus

What a title!
I loved this story. Great characters from great series came together to make a story to love.
Forever is forever, how awesome was that!?!
Moving on to the next read!!
Brenda Ellis
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love crossovers!

What could be better than having some of your favorite characters working together on a major quest to save a magical town? Pepper, Axel and Betty join Roan, Blissful and the ghostly crew.
Fran Calhoun
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another great adventure

Lots of fun and adventure with some of my favorite characters. I can't wait for the next one and I'm looking forward to more in the future.
Elinore Gmeterick
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I love both series and I loved their cross over, I absolutely love this book too! Another book Amy has done masterfully!
JANE VAN HORN
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: boyles-amy
happiness. Book

This was a great cross over. It was great to see Axel and Pepper working with Blissful and Roan to solve both of their problems.
stephanie huntington
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Interesting and entertaining
Lois Alston
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great story

Great exciting things happening in this story. Some unexpected circumstances lead to a reunion with old friends. Heart desires are reveled.
Janet Epperson
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love Axle & Pepper but it took a bit to get into this book. Felt like I was hopping around to different stories within the book. But one I got going was good. ...more
Lianna
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great read! One of the best things about this book is that it's the beginning of a new series, but there is already a whole series of books about a couple of the "guest star" characters.
Corinna Zito
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Great book I really love the cross overs. I also loved seen it from different characters perspective I can’t wait to read more.
kathy may
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good

I think I will enjoy the series.I liked the first book. It came at a good time due to the virus and sheltering at home.
Krista Walsh
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loving this new series

Great follow up to Boyles' other series. I can't wait to see how this story unfolds. Another great read. Excellent
Lisa Kimbrell
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m in love with this series! I love the mash up of all these amazing characters!!!
Alicia Williams
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great characters and a fun check-in on the Sweet Tea gang.
Kathryn A Schauer
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review

I loved this book. It has a good amount of interesting characters and a story line to help it along. Couldn’t put it down. I’m looking forward to the next book.
Jane Strevils
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Exciting reading

I'm so glad I found this author! What fun, zany characters. A mishmash of powers and paranormal fun. I can't wait to read the whole series!
Cheryl
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great Book

I love these crossover books! I can't wait to read the next book in this series and to see where it goes.
Kath
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fun story with wonderful characters!
Vee
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun read

Amy Boyle’s Books are always lighthearted and enjoyable read. This book is no exception. I would recommend it to anyone.
Kayelene Hunt
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
had a few laughs in this one
Nancy Knotts
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Laugh out Loud

As a combo of a couple other of her series, Amy Boyles once again bring both suspense and humor. If you enjoy a good mystery and lime to laugh. Her books are perfect.
Pjmartin
The writing in this book is worthy of a higher rating, but there were some issues that made me rate it lower. First, apparently this is a cross-over, but that isn't clear, and it makes the story confusing, because readers unfamiliar with the other series don't have the information needed to make certain elements make sense. A little prologue or such would be helpful.

Also, the mystery is not fully resolved. In order to know if the characters' quest is successful (and which characters will continu

• Ghoul's Paradise (Spellbound Ever After #7)
  • Whole Latte Magic (Enchanted Enclave Mystery #2)
  • A Witch, Dark Roast (Enchanted Enclave Mystery #3)
  • Wake Up and Spell the Coffee (Enchanted Enclave Mystery #1)
  • Magic and Missives (Blackwood Bay Witches #6)
  • Pickups and Pirates (Southern Relics #3)
  • Magic & Monsters (Starry Hollow Witches #12)
  • Hex Over Hells (Fairy Falls #2)
  • Murder without Mercy (Witches of Keyhole Lake #12)
  • Witch Undercover (A Blair Wilkes Mystery #9)
  • Bonbons and Broomsticks (Pacific Cove Mystery #4)
  • Homicide and Hot Tubs (Divine Place #2)
  • Ghosts & Gateaux (Wicked Witches of Brookdale Book 2)
  • Brewing Up Trouble (Ivy's Botany Shop #1)
  • Sprinkles, Spelled, and Slayed (An Allegra Darling Cozy Mystery Book 3)
  • Playing With Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic #9)
  • Down and Out (Witches Be Crazy #3)
  • Down But Not Dead (Witches Be Crazy #2)
Hey, I’m Amy,
I write books for folks who crave laugh-out-loud paranormal mysteries. I help bring humor into readers’ lives. I’ve got a Pharm D in pharmacy, a BA in Creative Writing and a Masters in Life.
And when I’m not writing or chasing around two small children (one of which is four going on thirteen), I can be found antique shopping for a great deal, getting my roots touched up (because that’s

Lost Southern Magic (3 books)
  • The Yellow-Bellied Scaredy Cat (Lost Southern Magic #2)
  • A Mess of Sirens (Lost Southern Magic # 3)