Start by marking “My Androgynous Boyfriend, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
My Androgynous Boyfriend, Vol. 1

My Androgynous Boyfriend, Vol. 1

(ジェンダーレス男子に愛されています。/ My Androgynous Boyfriend #1)

Wako and her androgynous boyfriend don't exactly have the most traditional of relationships. She spends her days working hard in the world of publishing, while he spends his time obsessing over fashion and makeup -- all with the goal of making himself beautiful just for her. This romantic slice-of-life story is about love, relationships, and breaking with tradition! ...more
Published February 13th 2020 by Seven Seas (first published December 7th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about My Androgynous Boyfriend, Vol. 1, please sign up.
Scout Steinmiller yes it is, it has very wonderful art and the story is really cute. there is one lewd picture in it though.

Start your review of My Androgynous Boyfriend, Vol. 1
Lauren
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Ooooooh boy *sighs* unpopular opinion! In a nutshell - I really didn’t think this was anything special :(

Whilst the artwork is stunning, the characters were very two dimensional, and kept calling everything (including each other) cute. I found Wako had virtually no personality and was just someone who lived for their job whilst Meguro just kept on about cuteness! There wasn’t really much of a story sadly so I won’t be continuing on with this series.
LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
Meguru is a gorgeous androgynous Instagram model who loves looking cute for his girlfriend. Wako is his girlfriend and generally doesn't care about her own looks much. What she enjoys is looking at cute things. She works as an editor and used her photo editing skills to help launch Meguru's modeling career.

In this volume, Meguru wrestles with his desire to be open and honest about his girlfriend and how much he loves her, even though people in his industry are supposed to be single so that fan
Krista Regester
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This whole book is CUTE.
Readingwithnori
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was so cute! Definitely a good slice of life romance. I loved the relationship in the manga and I will be continuing on with this series.
Shae
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a story about a man who just wants to feel beautiful

Meguru is a beautiful man. He dresses very androgynous, and works hard to look his best. He does this for himself, and himself alone. He is a model, and people look at him wherever he goes. His supportive girlfriend Wako, has no complaints about it either. She loves that he wants to look good. She is an average career woman, and they have been dating for a long time. Meguru and Wako support each other in their endeavors. Meguru even hel
Rhode
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this so much. He’s the best book boyfriend maybe ever. And it’s a rare delight to read a book where the heroine is significantly taller than the person she loves. Plus, it’s insightful to see how the world reveals itself to be *far* more comfortable with same sex relationships than a cishet relationship where the man is quite femme. This is a gender manifesto wrapped in an adorable couple’s love story. 💕
Hisgirl85
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
4 stars. This is so cute and sweet. So far it's very light on plot and more slice of life. I love it. ...more
TheNuisance1
I really wanted to give this manga a try because we hardly see any genderless characters in the manga world and of course the anime world but lads.....ABSOLUTELY THE ART IS STUNNING AF!!!!!! I know we have the genderbend genre but funny enough,I didn't see it with this one for some reason?! Probably because it's good that it's showing a "I don't give a f about gender"vibe to it.

However I felt the story just wasn't there to keep me reading which lead me feeling bored and disappointed that it wasn
Sasa
The original title is literally "I'm Loved By A Genderless Boy." It's very far from the nonbinary and trans representation we see in American media, but this manga is a monumental step for Japan. I think the original title would have been better than what Seven Seas's translators decided on because they erased the fact that it specifically says "genderless" so idk if something got lost in translation. Many speculate that it means "agender" so idk.

My Androgynous Boyfriend is a wholesome slice of
Nore
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Extremely cute! The characters aren't super well developed, but they're endearing enough that I grew attached by the end of the volume (especially to Wako and Kira). I like that Meguru wasn't bothered by other people's assumptions about him. Being mistaken for a woman doesn't fluster him - he simply looks and acts how he wants without caring about anyone's opinion but Wako's.

There's not much of a plot, though. This volume was more slice-of-life, taking a gradual stroll towards something like a p
Forthright .
I somehow expected this to be a high school thing, but not so! She works as an editor in Tokyo, and pretty boy is a fashion idol/influencer with a huge Instagram following. They share an apartment. To most of the world (including her), their relationship makes no sense. Yet in scene after scene of their day-to-day life, we begin to understand why they're together. Cute for adults. Quirky and funny and sweet by turns. ...more
~Cyanide Latte~
Listen, I expected to like this, just based on what I'd heard before getting into it.
I didn't expect to be murdered by how freaking adorable it is.

If you've been sitting on this series, uh. What are you doing? Pick it up, pick it up now, it's worth it.
Kyra Bea
This is a cute book, but I wish they could have gone into how being perceived as a queer couple in a conservative japan was more explored. It was kind of touched upon but not really fully explored.
Annah
Feb 24, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I don’t have a ton to say about this one since it is only one volume of a manga, but I liked the topic since it brings up a lot of good talking points. Sometimes it is hard to know exactly what or how to say something without being offensive and not meaning too, especially when you don’t have personal experience with whatever it is. So this story was a good chance to see something that isn’t usually talked about since one of the main characters is feminine but still identifies as male.

Other than
Nicole
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
It was just "okay". I was really hoping for a little more character development from Wako. It seems her personality is only limited to gushing over how cute her boyfriend is and how unworthy she feels to be with him. It is only volume 1 so maybe this will get better as the manga progresses? ...more
Jillian -always aspiring-
2020 Read #241

This was really enjoyable, but I still find it unrealistic where Meguru is obviously a Manic Pixie Dream Boy who would have nothing to do with Wako if this were real life. But it’s cute!
Rebecca
Mar 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lbgtq, manga
This is basically sweet and lovely, but the misgendering, while part of the story, doesn't always feel like it's taken as seriously as it ought to be.

Full review eventually appearing on ANN.
Courtney Rose
Jul 26, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
In terms of one word, this manga would be described best as "CUTE!" It's a pretty simple story and premise that doesn't really go anywhere, but it's still quite enjoyable.

Wako is a hard-working office worker who does her best at her job. She's often tired and overworked and doesn't put too much effort into her appearance. Meguru is a stunning, androgynous model and Wako's long time boyfriend. People constantly admire his beauty and, while he is constantly recognized for his face and style, he d
Kye
Dec 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This was the most absolutely adorable thing ever. It's a slice of life so there's it really an arc to follow from beginning to climax to end. It's their every day life together and it was definitely a much needed break from heavier reads. Wako and Meguru have a cute dynamic and the relationship seems decently healthy so far. An adorable slice of life manga where you don't have to worry about plot. Just fill up on cuteness. ...more
Tahyun
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Started a little slow for me but it was really cute and quite funny. Full of some quirky and relatable slice of life moments, as well as some bizarre and bemusing ones that coyly call out people on their gender and relationship bs. But with no small amount of levity and humor. It was fun. Honestly a bit refreshing, which was my secret hope, and it delivered. ^_^
Dayla
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was honestly so stinking cute. I haven’t read an adult slice of life book before (I don’t recall) and was surprised with how much I enjoyed it. Also, I LOVED reading about an androgynous character!

And hello, that cover? Freaking gorgeous!

Happy reading!
Izzie
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as queer as it could have been and Lowkey its upsetti spaghetti that the protagonists pretend to be queer but ehhh

At least there was no toxic communications or unnecessary drama
Key West Library
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was really cute :D
Kathryn Kania
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, comics
Pfft this was cute. It's so sweet to see a well communicative, in love couple. There's not really a plot or anything but it's just a lot of little fun peeks into Wako and Meguru's life together. ...more
Ehlana
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a sucker for cute romances like this
Alex Richey
This book is like looking into a mirror and seeing my own marriage reflected back at me.
Orcbard
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very cute and fluffy manga. The story is at surface level, nothing too deep.
The main characters are very likable though.
Veronica
I really enjoyed this, and I plan to continue with the series! Fluffy established-relationship slice of life.
Müni (MuenisBookWorld)
Quite nice and different.
Aaron
The man is more attractive and more effeminate than the woman, but he's also more spontaneous and more aggressive. The woman is more intelligent and practical than the man, but she's also more professional, disciplined and adaptable. Meguru and Wako are typical in their atypicality. The fact that they somehow make it work is perhaps the greatest and most charming facet of their relationship.

In MY ANDROGYNOUS BOYFRIEND, readers encounter the myriad funny and complex ways a fashion-forward guy an
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Panels. : My Androgynous Boyfriend 2 16 Feb 18, 2020 06:46PM
Panels. : February 2020 Manga Pick 5 40 Feb 05, 2020 10:04AM

• Love Me for Who I Am, Vol. 1
  • Sweat and Soap, Vol. 1
  • Our Dining Table
  • プ女と野獣 JKが悪役レスラーに恋した話 1 [Pujo to Yajuu: JK ga Akuyaku Wrestler ni Koi shita Hanashi 1] (Cutie and the Beast, #1)
  • How Do We Relationship?, Vol. 1
  • Toritan: Birds of a Feather, Vol. 1
  • A Man and His Cat, Vol. 1
  • あせとせっけん 2 [Ase to sekken 2] (Sweat and Soap, #2)
  • Knight of the Ice, Vol. 1
  • Cherry Magic! Thirty Years of Virginity Can Make You a Wizard?! 1
  • あせとせっけん 4 [Ase to sekken 4] (Sweat and Soap, #4)
  • 極主夫道 3 (Gokushufudou: The Way of the Househusband, #3)
  • Dekoboko Sugar Days
  • BL Metamorphosis, Vol. 1
  • Sweat and Soap, Vol. 3
  • リビングの松永さん 2 [Living no Matsunaga-san 2] (Living-Room Matsunaga-san, #2)
  • リビングの松永さん 1 [Living no Matsunaga-san 1] (Living-Room Matsunaga-san, #1)
  • 極主夫道 2 (Gokushufudou: The Way of the Househusband, #2)
Tamekou (ためこう) is a Japanese manga artist.

ジェンダーレス男子に愛されています。/ My Androgynous Boyfriend (4 books)
  • My Androgynous Boyfriend, Vol. 2
  • My Androgynous Boyfriend, Vol. 3
  • ジェンダーレス男子に愛されています。 4 [Genderless danshi ni ai sarete imasu. 4] (My Androgynous Boyfriend, #4)

News & Interviews