Start by marking “The Scandal” as Want to Read:
The Scandal

The Scandal

An "all-consuming, completely engrossing" novel about secrets, affairs and perfect small towns from USA Today bestseller Nicola Marsh that will be devoured by fans of Kerry Fisher ( Psycho-Thrilla Books).

Bustle Best Books of Fall 2020

Ever since her twin girls left home, Marisahas felt there's something missing from her life. Her sprawling mansion is no longer filled wit
Published October 6th 2020 by Grand Central Publishing (first published July 15th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Scandal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Scandal

Start your review of The Scandal
Mark
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kinda Jackie Collins meets psychological thriller, ish!
Set in ‘The Hamptons’ a place I know
I have always wanted to see the book centres around 3 friends, 1 privileged but tries to give back in good deeds what she has in wealth, 1 a policewoman and 1 who is effortlessly glam and the envy of all other women....an unusual trio, but it works
But secrets abound, of course, from the past and from the present and every day the fragility of their lies threatens them and their friendship
All 3 have partner
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: have you ever done something so terrible, so horrific, that it haunts you?A vile memory that clogs your throat and blurs your mind and sits like a heavy weight in your gut?

I have.

The memory of what I've recently done disturbs me. Every waking minute, every sleeping one too. The nightmares are bad; the kind that linger after I jolt awake, hands trembling, my breathing ragged and harsh in the silence.

ABOUT THIS BOOK: My life is like one of those cheap snow globes my twins collected when t
Louise Wilson
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marisa, Elly and Claire are best friends with seemingly perfect lives, but they all have secrets. Marisa is married to Avery. She's a trophy wife who's dedicated to raising her children. Claire's a local police detective who's desperate to start a family with her husband, Dale. Elly has a secret lover no one knows about, not even her best friends. Jodi is pregnant after a one night stand.

The story is well crafted, twisted and thrilling all rolled into one. The story is told by the four women's
Chloe
Jan 11, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
✨✨✨ 1/2
Marisa, Elly & Claire are three best friends from different backgrounds and each one is keeping secrets from the other . When a fourth person, Jodi , pregnant after a one night stand arrives in their midst all chaos ensues and their secrets come tumbling out one after the other .

The Scandal by Nicola March is told in 4 different POV’s , Marisa, Elly, Claire and Jodi. Though a well told story there was a lack of depth to the characters. The ending was a surprise and had a few twists that
AnisaAnne
You can also read my reviews on WP: https://anisabookreviews.wordpress.co...

3.5 stars, rounded to 3 ***

Set in the center of the extravagance of` the Hamptons, three friends lives will collide with secrets, scandal, and greed. Marisa, the perfect housewife has a passion for helping others. Claire has been struggling with infertility and it is testing the bounds of her marriage. And then there is Elly who harbors a devastating past that overshadows her every move, especially in male relationships.
Bedelia
Women characters: annoying and shallow
Men: d/bags
Twist: flat and confusing
I don’t care for books with a lot of sex and usually don’t remark on it either way. This one didn’t have an abundance but what it did have was just cringy and felt a bit violent and incredibly uncomfortable. It was complete yuck. 🤢

Helen
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you want a book that has lots of twists and has you guessing till the very end then this is a book you should pick up, oh my goodness the emotions that fly from the characters as secrets are unraveled and truths learned. Come along and mix with the rich people of The Hamptons and meet Marisa (Ris), Claire and Elly friends who are there for each other.

Ris is a phycologist and has her friends Claire and Elly over once a month for garden club or wine and cheese and lots of talk between friends a
Shalini
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Friendship, murder, secrets, and betrayal are my favorite words while reading a book. Nicola Marsh's book is one such goodie which made me want to keep reading and not allow the story to end. But the book ended with goosebumps... Omg... Omg I have to shriek it out... OMG!!

Friendship between three ladies Elly, Marissa, Claire had its own ups and downs, but there was one who was hiding the biggest secret which could destroy their relationships. Enter a fourth one, Jodi, and the equation changed. O
Wendi Lee
Ris, Claire, and Elly are close friends harboring secrets, some bigger than others. They live in a privileged world, enjoying the luxurious comforts of the Hamptons. But an arrival of a young, pregnant woman turns their existence upside down.

I enjoyed reading this book. The three women were very different, so it wasn’t hard to keep them apart, especially when their pasts were revealed. I had some difficulty believing that they were actually that close, because of those vast differences. Ris is t
Els
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first book by this author and it hit bull’s eye straight away!

From the very first moment I was intrigued by the storyline and it was nice to be able to get into the heads of the three women who are telling the story alternatively.

The author managed to feed us only small snippets of information. It resulted in my head spinning because everytime I thought I had figured out who was the perpetrator, she revealed something new and poof there went my theory.

And then when you think it’s finally over
Marnie | Once Upon a Time Book Blog
Where do I begin with this book. Everything about it is bloody fantastic! I spent a sleepless night reading this as I could not get enough! A story full of secrets, betrayal, mystery, and murder with a jaw dropping finale that has stayed with me long after I finished the book.

From the title of the book, to the striking cover, the setting of the story in the Hamptons and the story itself, I was completely immersed in everything about it.

Nicola does a great job of drawing the reader in right from
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: five-star-reads
I received this ebook free via NetGalley.com in exchange for an honest review.

I. Loved. This.

I won't be surprised if this novel goes the way of Big Little Lies. There is SO much going on, the set up was excellent, and the story came together so well at the end. There was no over-explaining, the three main women were morally grey, real, intriguing, and there was so many plot lines that hook you in and keep you guessing and second-guessing throughout.

I didn't see the ending coming until the moment
Vanessa Carnevale
Gripping! I read this in two sittings, and couldn’t put it down. A fantastic read!
Bridget
This was a fabulous read full of treachery and deceit.

The Scandal was incredibly well crafted, as well as being twisty and thrilling, I loved the writing style of Nicola Marsh and the plotline had a totally unique spin. The story was mesmerizing and so different to all of the other novels about domestic abuse and cheating partners. Each character had their own undisclosed secret which helped this completely enthralling story. The ending was remarkable and not what I had been expecting at all.

I
Dipika
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was intrigued to read this book after seeing the high praise and rating on Goodreads. Thankfully I did not read any reviews because then my expectations would have been higher as would have been the disappointment.
I don't like giving long negative reviews so I will keep this short. I thought the story was average, the characters and twists quite predictable.
The narrative of the three women wasn't engaging enough for me and extremely repetitive. The latter being a problem for me because I felt
Donna Hines
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, arc
What goes around comes around and when that karma train rolls in you best watch the heck out!
Empty nesters meet the new gal in town!
Holy smokes that whole episode with Jodi will rock you to the core.
Before I go there you must know that Marisa has twin girls who have their own fair share of worldly issues but Elly in particular is who you want to zoom in on in this novel.
This book covers some heavy hitting topics so it's not just a scandal it's a gut wrenching sucker punch that literally takes yo
Shelby
Marisa, Elly and Claire—3 best friends with seemingly perfect lives, but all of them are harboring some deep secrets.

Marisa has been married to Avery for 21-years. She escaped her terrible childhood only to be a trophy wife. She dedicated her life to raising her kids, but now that they’re in college, her life is lonelier by the day. So she has delved herself fully into being a social worker and helping others.

Claire, a local police detective, desperately wants to start a family with her husban
Giulia
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book and I got off on the wrong foot from the beginning--the story is set in the Hamptons but it is written by a Brit. It put me off-I know I am picky.. Write what you know, right? Anyway, after that the story evolves in my opinion into a bad version of Big, Little, Lies. Unlikeable characters and a few bizarre twists did not make this book that redeemable to me. I would recommend to women who dont have alot of experience reading well written thrillers. I apologize to the author, I just don ...more
Ivana
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
A great thriller, so, so exciting. Having more than one person being the storyteller can be tricky, but in this case it totally worked and made the book even more interesting. I especially liked reading about Elly's and Ris's thoughts and how they were very flawed but not afraid to admit that to themselves, even if they were trying to hide it from the rest of the world. ...more
Anne
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!!!! This novel was as good as Big little lies!!! So worth reading!!! Needs to be made into a TV series!! So worth reading!!!
Renita D'Silva
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic, emotional, brilliantly written tale of friendship, secrets, life and love. Adored this amazing book. Will definitely be reading more from this wonderful author. Very highly recommend this book to everyone.
Bobbie Freeman
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

I have enjoyed reading this book. I loved the twists not really knowing who done it. Thank you for the awesome read.
booksofallkinds
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I voluntarily reviewed this book via Netgalley.

I picked up THE SCANDAL by Nicola Marsh at 8pm and it never left my hand until I read the last line - it is that good!!!

Three very different women from different backgrounds have formed a friendship which they all rely on in different ways. Marisa is the epitome of the classy, sophisticated wealthy wife and mother, who volunteers all the time and has the perfect marriage - or does she? Claire loves her husband with all of her heart and enjoys her c
Gillian Moore
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Scandal by Nicola Marsh
Thanks @netgalley @nicolamarshauthor and @bookouture for my ARC
Publication date 25th July 2019
‘A secret child will tear a small town apart’. •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Oh my goodness this book was fabulous. From reading the blurb, I thought ‘hmm this sounds quite good’ but that really would be a huge understatement. It was fabulous, just really bloody fabulous. I am a huge Liane Moriarty fan and this book is quite similar in style and story. That is meant a
Lady Delacour
Yep, this story is Nutters!!!!
Nicole Marsh has a creative
imagination and takes us into
the lives of some crazy characters.
Skipped over embarrassing content.
3 Crazy Nutters Stars.
Listened with TTS.
Not Clean.
Foul Language.
Jacqueline Murphy
Ooooooh The Scandal by Nicola March… just loved this, my first read by this author but after reading this, it certainly won’t be my last if this one is anything to go by!

Marisa, Elly & Claire, 3 best friends, each one different in their own right but gel together and each one with their own secrets, all putting on a façade unbeknownst to each other!

The book is told 4 fold, POV of Marisa, Elly and Claire and then another girl called Jodi. Jodi is pregnant and arrives in the Hamptons hoping to cas
Karen Seibert-Combs
A book that I could hardly put down!!! Full of suspense, twists and turns and a thrilling ending. Three women from different backgrounds become best friends. One of the women, Marisa, is a nurturer, a volunteer and is always supporting her favorite charities and groups. Claire is a police officer whose desire is becoming a mom. Elly , manages a local medical center and her beauty. hides a lot of pain and heartache. As different as the friends are, they form a strong support system for each other ...more
Blagica
A gripping emotional page turner with a breathtaking twist

Have you ever read a book and then you sit with it and you aren’t sure what to say? That is how I felt with this one. It has the making for an amazing thriller and it is unique. Three friends living in the Hamptons Marisa, Claire and Elly each living a life that is of there own making and putting out the best versions of themselves. What you quickly realize while reading is that not one person is who the portray to be. What adds to their
LeTresa Payne
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will rate The Scandal by Nicola Marsh as a 5/5 stars. This was a damn good read! I cannot stress that enough. The title of the books says it all... It truly was scandalous. I really enjoyed all the twists and turns and trying to uncover the deceit of so many elite people residing in the illustrious Hamptons. The way this author weaved this tale of secrets and lies was amazing to say the least. This story goes to show how desperately far one goes to keep up appearances so that they won't lose t ...more
Heidi Lynn’s BookReviews
First, I want to thank Nicola Marsh, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

The Scandal by Nicola Marsh is a must-read book of 2019 if you are craving a good Psychological Thriller like I was. It is an incredibly twisted, emotional, domestic issues, and an ending that will blow you away!!

This is the first time I have had the pleasure of reading and reviewing for Nicola. I was blown away by her creativity, her incredible storylines, how she built
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Poison Garden
  • The Woman Upstairs
  • The Marriage Betrayal
  • A View Across the Rooftops
USA TODAY bestselling and award-winning Australian author Nicola Marsh writes feel-good fiction…with a twist.

She has published 70 books and sold over 8 million copies worldwide.

She currently writes contemporary romance for Penguin Random House Berkley USA, domestic suspense novels for Hachette UK's Bookouture, and rural romance for Harper Collins Australia's Mira imprint.

She's a Waldenbooks, Books