Start by marking “License to Bite (New Orleans Nocturnes, #1)” as Want to Read:
License to Bite (New Orleans Nocturnes, #1)

License to Bite

(New Orleans Nocturnes #1)

Drinking blood sucks.

Governor's daughter Jane Anderson is used to getting what she wants. When a girls' trip to Mardi Gras thrusts her into the arms—and fangs—of New Orleans' hottest vampire, he gifts her with immortality, super strength, and a complexion to die for.

There's only one tiny problem. Jane faints at the sight of blood.

When Ethan Devereaux meets Jane, his cold,
Published March 23rd 2020

Start your review of License to Bite (New Orleans Nocturnes, #1)
Arena♡
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, humorous
“Fantastic. It’s just my luck to get turned into a vampire by an Edward Cullen wannabe who has Captain Jack Sparrow as his mentor.”

Okay, so I'll admit that my stupid ass brain judged the book by its cover *please don't hate me* and kept pushing it lower and lower in my tbr but I finally got my head out of my ass and decided to give this book a shot and, WOW!

In this book, we are introduced to Ethan and Jane. Jane is a travel blogger and has come to New Orleans with her best friend Sophia. These t
Jacob Proffitt
I enjoyed this quite a bit, though not without some qualms. Ethan and Jane have good chemistry and I liked that they were a good balance for each other. Each character had an issue that bothered me, but the banter and little exchanges saw me through.

The biggest irritant to the story is Ethan's negative motivation* accompanied by inappropriate guilt and stupidity. Frankly, 25 years is just way too long to be so very emotionally constipated, so I found it hard to take him seriously as a brooding w
Angie

3.5 stars!

Okay GR friends, I know I am a complete hypocrite when it comes to these cartoonish covers. I absolutely HATE them on contemporary or historical romance, but for some reason they don't bother me in PNR. I fully admit to judging a book by its cover! **prepares to be stoned**

Nevertheless, this was such a fun vampire read! There were so many great Twilight
InD'tale Magazine
Carrie Pulkinen’s “License to Bite” is a hysterical, unique twist to the vampire genre! Her characters are delightfully quirky.

Read full review in the 2020 June issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Stephanie Dulac
Nov 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
License to bite is the first book in the New Orleans Nocturnes series By Carrie Pulkinen. This is the first book that i have read by Carrie Pulkinen and it holds true to the title it is full of romance and comedy. I loved the characters in this book Gaston and Ethan, Jane and her best friend Sophie. I thought it was a fun and super cute read. Jane's Character is use to getting what she wants and i feel is a little spoiled so when she comes across Ethan and he don't give her the time or day at fi ...more
Diane
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ADDICTING SERIES A MUST HAVE FOR SURE!!!!
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of "LICENSED TO BITE" This is such a different take on Vampire meets Human it's fun, hilarious, thrilling, what a creative storyline you just can't stop reading page after page of a very enjoyable read.
Jane Anderson is the governors daughter of Texas she has 4 brothers all very protective as well as her father so she and her BF Sophie head to New Orleans and Mardi Gras where she's thrust into the arms of the hottest Vampire in New Orleans Ethan Devereaux his sire is
Angela
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

License to Bite is the first book in the New Orleans Nocturnes series by Carrie Pulkinen. It is a superb Paranormal Romantic Comedy, and definitely sets this series off to a fun start. I have read all Ms. Pulkinen’s books now and have loved them all. This book is a little less spicy and intense than some of her other work, as this has a cuter, sweeter, fun, and humorous look at the New Orleans paranormal world. That’s not to say that there wasn’t any excitement or some dramatic moments th
Evelyn Dotson
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh this book is hilarious! Not just parts of it…all the way through~ Jane is the Governor of Texas daughter, has a black belt in karate and is VERY feisty. Her best friend Sophie and her decide to vacation in Louisiana during Mardi Gras. While there, they meet Ethan and Gaston who are both vampires. Ethan is very serious and still pines for his lost love. Gaston is his maker and a party animal. Ethan comes alive when he spots Jane because she reminds him of his lost love. They take them ...more
Sydney M Neblett
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just a moment of peace
This book is sweet and sassy and down right hilarious. The author set up this new series perfectly with this couple, the way they interact and play off of each other. I love how original misconceptions blossom into the perfect HEA. The book is very fast paced and each character has an essential part to play making for an excellent read. I hope we don’t have a long wait for the next book, I can’t wait to see what happens with Sophie and her werewolf.
Jenn
Apr 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Sweet

Mostly I liked this story, my main issue being there wasn't a lot to it. I liked the characters but didn't really feel like I knew them. Also I don't see the point in mentioning Jane's overbearing family if we never see their reaction to what happens next. It was a cute story, but I'd like to have seen a little more depth to it.
Donna
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
License to Bite is a fast paced paranormal rom-com. Despite being a little spoiled perky Jane Anderson is at heart a really nice gal. Vampire Ethan Devereaux is about as emo as they get. These two are total opposites yet perfect for each other. After finishing this book I immediately went and bought the rest of the series.

Maria
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I really liked it! It's lighthearted, funny and sweet! Perfect to get out of a bad mood and make you smile!

PS: that maneuver with the booth was very Izzy Lightwood, I LOVED it!
Tami Lund
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
PNR romcom

Lots of chuckle-worthy moments and the characters were likable and fun. Quick, easy read. An excellent escape for a few hours!
Lynall
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a really amusing vampire paranormal romance. The story really doesn’t take itself seriously and is irreverent and hilarious in places. I adore Jane, she is a grade A BRAT but her character really gives the story its flavour. Ethan is great as a vampire who falls in love with Jane. The ending is good, but now I really have to find out what happens to Sophie.
Sarah Coleman
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a really cute book with adorable main characters. I enjoyed how the relationship played out but I do wish a little more detail went into the main characters relationship with her family.
Katy
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
Rating: 2 stars
What I Liked: So, first things first: I do actually think this was a good book.
I thought the writing was decent, the characters were fairly well fleshed out, and I thought the plot had some nice ideas in it.
There were some funny bits in it that made me smile, and I liked how quirky everything was. I thought the author set the scene well for the world of New Orleans, and some of the worldbuilding aspects were interesting.
I thought that Jane was an interesting heroine, and I liked
Nicole
Nov 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sometimes you just need something light and fun. You know, when you’ve had that hard day at work, the kids are annoying you, and dinner’s burned. You just want to get away from it all. Well, this is definitely a ‘Calgon’ kinda book! (Does anyone else get that reference?)

License to Bite: A Paranormal Romantic Comedy (New Orleans Nocturnes Book 1) by Carrie Pulkinen was a cute campy read. As a first-time reader of Ms. Pulkinen, I enjoyed the premise of the story and found myself chuckling along.
Laura Furuta
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
License to Bite: A Paranormal Romantic Comedy (New Orleans Nocturnes Book 1)
By Carrie Pulkinen
5 out of 5 stars

I loved reading the story License to Bite: A Paranormal Romantic Comedy (New Orleans Nocturnes Book 1) by Carrie Pulkinen. It is a book that pulled me in as well as made me laugh. I loved reading about the characters of Jane Anderson and Ethan Devereaux. Jane is used to getting what she wants. She is sassy, ornery, independent, and opinionated. On a trip to New Orleans, she finds herself
Anna Hirsch
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
License to Bite: A Paranormal Romantic Comedy (New Orleans Nocturnus Book 1)
By Carrie Pulkinen
4 Stars

I read Ms. Pulkinen’s Crescent City Wolf Pack series and loved it. When I saw this book, I quickly picked it up to read knowing what a great author she is. This book is completely different. It is fun, light hearted and will keep you laughing. It was nice to see a different side of the author.

Ethan has been a vampire for twenty five years and is broody and miserable. He meets Jane and believe
Jana
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
License to Bite by Carrie Pulkinen is the first book in her new series New Orleans Nocturnes. I had read her Crescent City Ghost Tours so I knew I had to pick up License to Bite. It is a bit different from the Ghost Tours as it ventures even deeper into the paranormal world but as she has written other paranormal stories then I was not surprised at all how much I liked the story. Add to this that it was a paranormal COMEDY then you can just imagine how much fun one could have with it!
License to
Cyrene Olson
Feb 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun book, and in times like today, fun is a good escape. This book reminds me a bit of the early books in the Lynsay Sands Argeneau series. Jane and her BFF Sophie are in New Orleans around Mardi Gras, as Jane is a travel blogger, and the daughter of the Texas governor. After drinking too much one night, they meet Ethan and Gaston – unknown to them in their drunkenness that they are vampires. But Ethan and Gaston get them home safe and sound. The next day, Jane and Sophie are out again ...more
Jenny
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
License to Bite (New Orleans Nocturnes Book 1) by Carrie Pulkinen
4 of 5 Stars
A fast and steamy paranormal romantic comedy aimed at 18+, this is a fun and enjoyable read, joining, “the supes of New Orleans Nocturnes as they lighten up the darker side of the Big Easy”.
Sassy Governor's daughter Jane Anderson is a bit spoilt and used to getting what she wants, however a girls trip to Mardi Gras literally changes her life. When Jane meets New Orleans hottest vampire Ethan Devereaux she is attracted
Mary Lou Hoffman
LICENSE TO BITE is the first book in the New Orleans Nocturnes series. Though each romance will stand on its own, for better enjoyment you will want to read this series in the order of release.

This book is hilarious! Not just funny, but split your gut and spit out your soda. It is creative, fun, entertaining, and has a great touch of steamy romance.

The chemistry between Ethan and Jane is slapstick funny and then truly, deeply, romantic. Jane starts out as an absolute spoiled brat diva – she is
Shani
Jane is used to getting what she wants. She’s sassy, brassy and classy! Having grown up with an overprotective family has made her rebel and fight to be more independent. It’s on one of these moments of independence she takes a trip with a friend. After a night of partying she’s thrust into the arms of Ethan, a man who believes her to be his beloved.

For Ethan, being reintroduced to his fiance is a dream come true. She’s come back to him and they can live their un-dead lives forever, together. Bu
Kanyon
I loved this book! It full of laughs and feel good romance. I stayed up late to read it all in one sitting and now I can’t wait to read book two! Ethan was so sweet and Jane is a girl I could be best friends with! Honestly, you’ll love these two. I highly recommend this series to anyone who enjoys paranormal romance with lots of comedy. It is also a very quick read.

License to Bite is the first book in the New Orleans Nocturnes series.

Final Rating: 5 Stars

License to Bite (New Orleans Nocturnes, #1) by Carrie Pulkinen Shift Happens (New Orleans Nocturnes, #2) by Carrie Pulkinen Life's a Witch (New Orleans Nocturnes, #3) by Carrie Pulkinen
Elizabeth
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
License to Bite: A Paranormal Romantic Comedy is the first book in the New Orleans Nocturnes series by Carrie Pulkinen. It is the first book I have read, but I will continue the series because it was hilarious. The book is about Jane Anderson, daughter of Texas governor, going to New Orleans for Mardi Gras with her best friend. She is trying to be independent and prove to her dad and brothers she can make it as a blogger, but gets herself into quite a pickle. She finds herself being turned into ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
LICENSE TO BITE is the first book in the New Orleans Nocturnes series and up first we have an entitled rich girl and a moody vampire.

Ethan is a serious vampire and still carries over two decades of guilt over his girlfriend. Jane is entitled, who thinks she can get away with anything because of her family. Ethan, I loved. Jane, nah, not so much.

There are many references to Twilight in here which seems completely appropriate as it takes place after the films are aired. Surely any vampire would b
Kayla Interdonato
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
License to Bite: A Paranormal Romantic Comedy is the first book in the New Orleans Nocturnes series by Carrie Pulkinen. I absolutely loved this story because, just as the title promises, it was full of romance and comedy. I knew this book was going to be a good one after reading “...laughter of dozens of inebriated partiers grated in his ears like sand between his butt cheeks.” within a few pages. The relationship between Jane, a governor's daughter partying it up in New Orleans for Mardi Gras, ...more
Kelly
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jane and her best friend Sophie are traveling around New Orleans during Mardi Gras when they run into Ethan and Gaston. Ethan and Gaston are both vampires and when Ethan sees Jane he thinks she is his late fiancée reincarnated. After turning her he realizes she isn't and the peace and quiet he has been unliving since he was turned is gone now with Jane always saying or doing something.

This is my first book from this author and I thought it was super cute. It was a little superficial, but that's
Judy
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Five comedic stars for my first vampire romance. I needed a vampire romance for a monthly reading challenge in Claire Kingsley's Alpha Ever After reading group. This book came recommended by other readers as a lighter vampire romance, making it perfect for my first.
Ethan has been undead for 25 years when he meets Jane and mistakes her for his reincarnated ex-fiancee. By the time he figures out he is mistaken, he is stuck with Jane forever.
I felt for poor Ethan as he adjusted to his new reality
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Wolf Moon (Alpha Wolf Academy, #2)
  • Tiger's Voyage (The Tiger Saga, #3)
  • Blood and Stone 1: Maddox (Blood & Stone)
  • Kara's Quest (The Nephilim Book 1)
  • The Fallen (The Nephilim Book 2)
  • Court of Crimson (Twisted Fae #1)
  • The Mermaid Trials (The Mermaid Trials #1)
  • Darkness Rising: A Limited Edition Fantasy and Urban Fantasy Collection
  • Sisters of the Coven (Daughters of the Warlock #1)
  • Hungry Like a Wolf (Claws Clause, #1)
  • Gods and Monsters Box Set 1 (Gods and Monsters Box Set #1)
  • The Legend of Lilith
  • Medusa: The Wronged (Gods & Monsters, #1)
  • Forbidden Queen (The Forbidden Queen, #1)
  • Hexes & Handcuffs
  • Rune Thief (Isabella Hush, #1)
  • Bride and The Beard (Bearded Brothers, #5)
  • Feral (Cats of Felidae Academy, #2)
Carrie Pulkinen is a paranormal romance author who has always been fascinated with things that go bump in the night. Of course, when you grow up next door to a cemetery, the dead (and the undead) are hard to ignore. Pair that with her passion for writing and her love of a good happily-ever-after, and becoming a paranormal romance author seems like the only logical career choice.

Before she decided

New Orleans Nocturnes (4 books)
  • Shift Happens (New Orleans Nocturnes, #2)
  • Life's a Witch (New Orleans Nocturnes, #3)
  • Finders Reapers (New Orleans Nocturnes, #4)

News & Interviews