Start by marking “Troubles in Paradise (Paradise, #3)” as Want to Read:
Troubles in Paradise (Paradise, #3)

Troubles in Paradise

(Paradise #3)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  14,006 ratings  ·  1,327 reviews
Travel to the bright Caribbean one last time in the satisfying conclusion to the nationally bestselling Winter in Paradise trilogy by Elin Hilderbrand.

After uprooting her life in the States, Irene Steele has just settled in at the villa on St. John where her husband Russ had been living a double life. But a visit from the FBI shakes her foundations, and Irene once again
Published October 6th 2020 by Little, Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about Troubles in Paradise, please sign up.
Caroline Henry The first book is Winter in Paradise (Not Welcome to Paradise).
Second book is What Happens in Paradise
Final book in series is Troubles In Paradise
And…more
The first book is Winter in Paradise (Not Welcome to Paradise).
Second book is What Happens in Paradise
Final book in series is Troubles In Paradise
And yes, you need to read in order.
Awesome story!!(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Elyse Hilderbrand probably went with the doctor date of conception which is the first day of last menstrual period which would/could have been December for…moreHilderbrand probably went with the doctor date of conception which is the first day of last menstrual period which would/could have been December for Ayers. Doctors don't go by date of sex because conception is not instantaneous. We don't know when Ayers ovulated and probably neither did she.(less)

·  14,006 ratings  ·  1,327 reviews

Start your review of Troubles in Paradise (Paradise, #3)
Melissa
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
*2.5 stars*

As much as I hate to admit it, given my love for the majority of Elin Hilderbrands work, the Paradise series overall was an unbalanced mess of sorts.

For me, the intrigue of the secrets and a new island to explore made Winter in Paradise (book 1) a promising start to the trilogy. Yet, What Happens in Paradise (book 2) presented itself as a missed opportunity, given the stagnant storyline. Worst of all, I found Troubles in Paradise (book 3) to be a hodgepodge of chaotic
Susanne  Strong
Aug 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The Steele family finds themselves back in St. John for good in Troubles in Paradise the final book in the Paradise series by Elin Hilderbrand.

Irene, Cash and Baker have all made plans to move to the island in hopes of a fresh start after their lives literally fall apart. What better place to live than St. John with people they have all grown to care for?

If only they could leave their troubles behind. Unfortunately for this group, trouble follows them.

Love is messy, complicated and unfair.

Theresa Alan
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy set in the Virgin Islands. I loved all the characters because they were flawed and didnt always make the right choices, but they all did their best to be good people, which is something we could use more of in the world. I really enjoyed this series, and strongly recommend it to transport you to some place beautiful. It had romantic elements with the acknowledgement that love is never easy, no matter what your age.

Thanks so much to NetGalley for
Elizabeth
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
Ive been saying Im done with EH for probably the last 3 books of hers that Ive read but still wanted to at least finish this trilogy. And now Im really done. Im tired of every book having an infidelity story line. Im tired of the endless name dropping of restaurants and landmarks (in both this trilogy and her other series). Im tired of her overuse of exclamation points and irrelevant parenthetical asides. Im tired of every character having a bizarre name (Cash, Baker, Dunk, Swan[?!], Floyd, ...more
Erin
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Netgalley and Little, Brown and Company for an egalley in exchange for an honest review.

Just like that Elin Hilderbrand concludes another trilogy and rips my heart out while also making me smile. Although you could read Troubles as a stand-alone, I would suggest reading books 1 and 2 because Irene, Huck, Cash, Baker, Maia, and Ayers are the kind of characters that you want to spend as much time with as possible. I loved all the ups and downs of this trilogy and the final installment
Debbie Oliphant
Aug 28, 2020 rated it liked it
This is the final installment of the Paradise series, and I wish I could have given more stars, but I had to wonder why a third installment was needed. We managed to sew up Rosie and Russ's story in a chapter but the rest of the book felt redundant and uninteresting. I had hoped for more and the ending fell short.
Sheri P
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
I'm sure this is going to be an unpopular opinion.
I wavered between 2 and 3 stars.

I felt like this book had way too many hard to believe moments. One person gets money, then another person. One moves into a house from an ex, etc. It seemed like when a problem arose, boom, it was fixed without anyone even trying to work on fixing it. Things just don't come that easy to everyone. The more I got into the book, the more Ayers annoyed me. Then the moment between Baker and Duncan had me rolling my
Barbara Schultz
Troubles in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand Reviewed on July 10, 2020
I really am NOT a Chick Lit/ Romance/ Character plot driven fan!!!
.Aww but I am a major Elin Hilderbrand fan.

Guess what? This is a Chick Lit/Romance/ Character Plot driven story and I LOVED IT!!

This is my 20th novel and it is #3 in this trilogy, I totally got caught up with these characters in the other two books ~ Huck, Irene, Cash, Baker, Ayers, and Maia
I enjoyed and wanted to read more. Actually sad that this is the end of
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

In case I havent beaten the dead horse enough, let me remind you that Im not a series reader. Truth be told, this could go down as Exhibit A for the reason. This story could have easily been wrapped up in one book, but unfortunately when I got the first one I didnt realize it was going to end in a mothereffing CLIFFHANGER so it was too late for me to backpeddle and I got sucked into number two. That one was just as I expected it would
Kay
The final book and conclusion to Paradise trilogy and it wasn't even needed. The "mystery" behind the death of two people we knew from the first book was explained and solved rather quickly. The rest was just unnecessary drama. I still enjoy it, but my least favorite of three books.
Jamie
Jun 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Like the 2nd book in this series Im left disappointed. Too many characters and it felt rushed. Hopefully since this series is wrapped up next years summer book will be better.

Thanks to Edelweiss for my advanced ebook copy.
Christina
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
HAPPY PUBLICATION DAY! This book is now available.

I am such a fan of Elin Hilderbrand. Though she often gets written off as a "beach read" or "chick lit," there is always depth, thoughtfulness, and emotion to her books. She also lightly (VERY lightly!) touches timely issues like politics and #MeToo just enough to let you know these characters are living in our current world, feeling what we feel.

This is the third book in the "Paradise" series, and while it's probably better to read the other
Tooter
Oct 25, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Toni
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-arcs
With Trouble in Paradise, Elin Hilderbrands last book in the Paradise trilogy, all we want to know is, Who and Why. Elin ties up all the loose ends with this final book in her usual grand fashion. In my review, I will reveal NO Spoilers; EVER.

As we know from the first book, Winter in Paradise, Irene Steeles husband, Russel, died in a helicopter crash in the Virgin Islands, on Christmas Day, two years ago. He was not alone, but accompanied by an Island-native, woman, Rosie Small, later discovered
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Oct 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
I have really enjoyed this series. Troubles in Paradise was the prefect ending to this series. I don't think that I have read a book by Hilderbrand that I did not really enjoy.
This was a great 4 star read. Thanks to Book of the Month for adding this book to thier list this month.
Rebecca Heneghan
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
Mindless Covid read... I had to finish the series. Love the location but just so dumb. This one added a hurricane and extra characters at the end of the book.
Ro Swinney
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
So repetitive. So repetitive. So repetitive. So repetitive. So repetitive. So repetitive. So repetitive. So repetitive. So repetitive. So repetitive. So repetitive. So repetitive.
Melissa (LifeFullyBooked)
First off, I want to give a shout out to Hilderbrand for changing something that bugged me so much in the first two books of the series. This book has NO drinking and snorkeling, in fact at one point she even says that the people have to wait until after snorkeling to drink alcohol. So props to her for either reading the reviews or doing her research.
That out of the way, this was a decent ending to the trilogy, if a bit drawn out. All of the same things about Hilderbrand's books were here: the
Kathryn in FL
CLASSIC CHICK LIT - - MUST READ!

4.5 stars rounded up

I seldom read Chick Lit particularly if it is has a prominently featured romance, though those who know me may have observed that I am not one to hang out in any particular genre. I always make an exception for Elin Hilderbrand. Why? She knows how to write a great story. Her characters are well developed and they are sharp people, who make interesting choices and the story has a lot of divergent stories that weave into a very realistic tale
Sophie
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is the 3rd and last of a series and its a good ending. I love Elins books, her description, her characters and the intrigues.
I cant wait to read her next publication.
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
I love Elin Hilderbrand, even when I dont love one of her books as much as some of the others.

TROUBLES IN PARADISE, the conclusion of the Steele family trilogy, was the least satisfying of the books for me. I liked each member of the Steele family, Huck and Ayers and their stories and would have preferred the book focus only on their points of view and that of the island instead of throwing in chapters with very minor characters whose POVs which didnt advance the plot of character arcs.

Questions
Tami
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the final book in the Paradise trilogy and I have to say each one has been an enjoyable read. St. John is such a fabulous location and I felt like the author really captured the island lifestyle perfectly.

I liked all the characters and in this final book, each one seemed to be finding their way and on the path to living their best lives. Some things were still a bit unsettled, but not so much I felt that the story was left hanging.

My biggest complaint with this final book was the FBI
Jennifer N
Oct 27, 2020 rated it liked it
I didn't enjoy this as much as the other two because it was kind of a let down. It did tie up loose ends and I wasn't left with any questions however there was very little excitement as well. The potential was there for some really interesting reveals and there really weren't any. I was also annoyed with the ridiculous decision making of so many of the characters.
Erin
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, 2020
Meh. I love St. John so I had to finish the series. I'm usually all for reading different perspectives, but this was a bit much. (I don't need the tiny perspective of a waitress Huck went on 3 dates with over 5 years ago. I'm not exaggerating. That happened.) I didn't like a lot of the characters in general this time. There was too much immaturity and jealousy. Plus, this whole thing felt a lot like it was just name-dropping places all over the island (way more than the previous books) and that ...more
Julie Kiel LaGue
Oct 30, 2020 rated it did not like it
Really disappointed in this last book of the series for the following reasons:
- I had a hard time understanding how Ayers first got sick from pregnancy after she had had sex with Baker only eight days beforehand - later she thinks she's six weeks pregnant, which means she conceived on the beach on his first visit - however, that incident was "interrupted" by other people arriving at the beach.
- No one seems to be very upset that Rosie and Russ are dead.
- When Baker comes back from leaving his
Tina
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it soo much. Pure perfection. I want more. Make a spinoff
Katie
Oct 24, 2020 added it
Dnf 29% - I will finish this one day, but I'm not in the mood. Can't force it.
Kayla
Oct 09, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Awful and boring

No way did this need to be a trilogy. Nothing happens. Cliffhanger after cliffhanger and for what? Nonsense and fluff. Boring and uninteresting.
Tammy
Oct 18, 2020 rated it liked it
I liked this book, didn't love it but did love that it was easy listening to. Not a huge fan of series and one of the reasons is because I didn't feel this needed 3 books and endless hours of listening time for this story to be told.

Did I enjoy these books, yes.
Do I think they were worth 3 credits, no.
Jodie (That Happy Reader)
The Paradise trilogy concludes with Troubles in Paradise, set in the beautiful Caribbean. Although I cant travel now, I have fond memories of a vacation in Caribbean islands in 2018 and can still feel the island vibe written about in this series.

This book wraps up a lot of loose ends that were left at the end of the second book. For those of you who havent read the series, the story surrounds Irene Steele and her two grown sons, Baker and Cash, who learn that their husband and father Russ was

• Conviction
  • The Friend Zone
  • The Scent Keeper
  • Too Good to Be True
  • Finch Merlin and the Forgotten Kingdom (Harley Merlin #14)
  • Untamed
  • The Secret French Recipes of Sophie Valroux
  • Such a Fun Age
  • The Jetsetters
  • All the Right Mistakes
  • After You (Me Before You, #2)
  • Eliza Starts a Rumor
  • Force of Nature (Aaron Falk, #2)
Elin Hilderbrand lives on Nantucket with her husband and their three young children. She grew up in Collegeville, Pennsylvania, and traveled extensively before settling on Nantucket, which has been the setting for her five previous novels. Hilderbrand is a graduate of Johns Hopkins University and the graduate fiction workshop at the University of Iowa.

Facebook.com/ElinHilderbrand

Paradise (3 books)
  • Winter in Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • What Happens in Paradise (Paradise, #2)