Start by marking “Royal Charmer (The Rourkes, #4)” as Want to Read:
Royal Charmer (The Rourkes, #4)

Royal Charmer

(The Rourkes #4)

Alice
First thing you should know about me—I’m on my honeymoon on Villroy Island without my groom, which was a no brainer given how my ex-fiancé decided to “accidentally” fall in love with my best friend. I don’t want to talk about it.

Second thing: I’m a romance author on a generously extended deadline, and I’ve sworn to use this time away productively. So far my editor
Audible Audio, Unabridged Audiobook
Published February 2nd 2020 by Tantor Audio

To ask other readers questions about Royal Charmer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Royal Charmer

Start your review of Royal Charmer (The Rourkes, #4)
Sue Parker
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alice is on her honeymoon without a husband because he decided to cheat on her with her best friend. Alice is also a romance writer with a deadline looming. So she goes to the island thinking maybe she can get some writing done. Then she meets Lucas and they become friends. She decides to help him by pretending to be his fiancée so he can close a business deal. But somehow pretend becomes real and they have to figure out where to go from here to there. Love this series!!!
Nikki Barrett
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so fun, as are all of the books in this series. I'm totally digging Kylie's Rourke family. Their world has definitely had some shake ups and changes!

Alice and Lucas were a great couple, once they gave in. And add in a fake engagement? You won me over. Also, Alice is a writer, so hey, that's another check mark on the list of awesome.

Queen Anna is still causing shenanigans in the background. I love that we get to catch up with other characters and how they have an integral part in
Isha Coleman
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sugar up that spice with a dash of Kylie Gilmore. Bring on the smiles served up with heart and get ready to wallow in some fun. The Rourkes are back. Royal Charmer is a whole lot of sunshine with a hint of heat. Alice and Lucas are a modern day fairytale, that will make a believer out of you. Happily ever after gets off to rough start, but blue skies are on the horizon. Give your heart a break and your day a lift with some heartwarming fun.
Pam
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Lucas & Alice! I thought it was hilarious that her occupation is a Regency romance writer! Alice was devastated when her fiancé & best friend revealed they’d been cheating on her for months. She was on deadline for her book & having complete writers block, went on her honeymoon by herself hoping the location would inspire her. The location didn’t inspire but once she met Prince Lucas, the ideas started flowing.

Lucas was enthralled once he met Alice. From the
Maree Repa
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five Amazing Stars

The Dilemma

I was absolutely thrilled to now read book four, The Rourkes. Written by the amazing Kylie Gilmore. This story is set on Alice Rourke. The second daughter of the Royal family of the island of Villeroy. We have another wonderful romantic book to just enjoy!

Poor, Alice who has been married and is now celebrating her own honeymoon on her own after her partner who has known left her and fallen for Alice’s best buddy. She is now so devastated about this entire
SusanL
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves romance!
Recommended to SusanL by: Was given as an ARC by author.
This was my favorite of The Rourkes series so far!
I just loved the chemistry between Lucas and Alice. She's been double betrayed and trying to move on with her writing career. Lucas is so sweet and, although he has been trying desperately to convince King Gabriel, his brother, he should be made CEO the new family venture, he takes the time when he finds an upset Alice to sit with her just wanting to take away her pain and see her smile. His reaction to her smile is completely unexpected though.
Michelle
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As the new reign of the Rourkes work to re-boost Villroy's economy, Lucas (always thought of as a playboy) wants to be a part of the new endeavors and help his family and his home. His brother, the King, is unsure of giving him any REAL responsibility...thinking he may leave at any moment.
The Queen gives him a chance to prove himself, which includes him getting a fake fiancee, you know, to show his commitment .

Alice is a writer who is up against a deadline, on Villroy Island to get through her
Dee Shelvey
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What is it about these Rourke siblings having away for picking someone who is totally unsuitable for their station as royalty?

Lucas wants more respect from his older brother the king, and show that he wants to be part of the family business. He needs a chance to prove to his family that he is not just a party boy and a pretty face. His sister in law might have a plan to help him though. Does he dare to take up her plan? Couldn't all be lost if he is found out. but on the other hand he can find
Maria Cecília
How can a renown bachelor and a disenchanted in love can have a HEA? Well, first they will need to play-act and pretend to be engaged after an instant love at first sight moment. Only, they get to realize that their lust can have deeper roots. But all that pretending was all with clear and complete different purposes for both of them. Alice needs to write her romance thats over deadline even though she was cheated by her fiancé with her best friend and cancelled her wedding and decided to go ...more
Monica
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another incredible addition to the Rourkes series.

Romance author Alice Segal is on her honeymoon on the small island country of Villroy but, sadly, she is there without a groom. Still trying to pull herself together and work through the grief of losing her fiance to her best friend she finds solace in a friendship that develops with Prince Lucas. Now if she can just get her writing mojo back she might have a career left.

Voted most eligible bachelor in the world, Prince Lucas Rourke is 3rd in
Dawn Herrera
Shelves: favorites, reviews
Royal Charmer by Kylie Gilmore is the fourth book in this fun and entertaining series. This story has a bit of heartbreak, a new friendship, a fake engagement with a touch of romance and just maybe some love. The characters are well developed and very lovable It was so easy to fall for these two. I had a smile the whole time I was reading and I probably became a bit misty eyed a few times. We have Alice who has gone on her honeymoon with out the groom and this is where the real fun and ...more
Annette Krumske
Shelves: 2019
Wow! This book is definitely one worth reading. It is the 4th book in the series Royal Charming by Kylie Gilmore. Royal Charming shows the softer side of Prince Lucas, the 3rd in line to the throne of Villroy and Alice a well known romance writer. Prince Lucas meets Alice in the royal gardens, grieving over her life. Alice went on her honeymoon to Villroy without the groom who cheated on her with her best friend. Alice lost her mojo for writing and needs the first draft done in two weeks and ...more
Sharon
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving this new Royal series by Kylie! 5 royal stars for this one, grab it asap!
Meet Prince Lucas, you know the brother from the bachelor auction who almost caused a riot! He wants more responsibility with the new business venture that the family is working on, but King Gabriel & Queen Anna think of him only as the one who leaves on the drop of a dime to go and party, they don't think he's committed to accept bigger responsibilities. When he is walking through the palace garden, he comes
Brenda
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful read! I very much enjoyed the Lucas+Alice shenanigans. I liked Lucas from a few books back so I was definitely looking forward to his story. Lucas was having a difficult time proving himself to Gabriel as a dependable member of the family within their new venture. Alice was on her honeymoon without a husband nursing a broken heart and trying to write her next romance novel. Anna of course steps in and finds a solution to both problems but as expected, things do not exactly go ...more
Patti
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow This book is definitely my new favourite from Kylie Gilmore!! When playboy Prince Lucas meets romance author Alice, these two could not be more different!! With Alice who believes in love and HEA and Prince Lucas who just jumps from bed to bed, love seemed impossible. Kylie crafted a beautiful love story from the first meeting, a fake engagement and then to its finally conclusion that had great emotional turmoil but loved that her books end with great HEA!! Watching them both evolve in their ...more
Candace Mantyk
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How do you fix a romance writer on her solo honeymoon with writers block and a Prince trying to convince his brother to give him more responsibility with the family business? A fake engagement of course! Royal Charmer (4th in The Rourkes Series) is fun romance . Another great ready by Kylie Gilmore, this is the story of Alice and Lucas. This unlikely pair decide that a fake engagement could help them both get what they want. But what happens when it stops being fake and real feelings start ...more
Mayas
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I swear I wanted to knock Mason in the face. If it wasn't for the audience I know Lucas would have done just that. Oh and Gabriel is about on my last nerve to, acting like he was never bewitched by a woman. Lucas had the patience of a saint dealing with being belittled and so on. On the other hand I. LOVED. HIM. Scoundrel be darn he was a prince on a mission. Poor Alice didn't know which way was up. He had her and every other reader swooning and knocking him upside his head.

This was a very cute
Sandy
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After I read the first book in this series, I binge read the others that are already out and preordered those that will be coming out soon. The books are fun, have a bit of romance, feisty women and gorgeous guys. Of course there is some steam and some bumps along the way to their HEA. If you want a light read that will entertain you, read this series. Although this book wasn't my favorite of the series, I did enjoy it.
Loves
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series just gets better ! I really liked how the characters were portrayed. It was a fun , easy going way to spend the day ,getting lost in Lucas and Alice story. I thought that the book ended a little abruptly , when you weren't expecting it ,but that's just me being picky.I want to read the next one now so I can see what's in store for Anna's cousin poppy and her Prince charming. Very addictive reading
Janeen
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lucas Rourke has charm in spades!!!!!!

But it's really a defense mechanism for his feelings of inadequacy of being the third born prince and never being truly needed; which is all he's ever wanted.

Alice has been hurt by the man she thought she loved and the person that she considered her best friend in the world. It's going to take a lot to get over that, or so she thinks.

They both just need someone to believe in them and above all be honest and open.

Such a great love story!
Cali Jewel
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adore the Rourkes and am enjoying every one of their heartwarming stories. Loved this emotional, sexy, fun, witty and engaging adventure filled with secrets, fun situations, witty banter and thrilling passion.... a excellent reading experience from beginning to end. Looking forward to the next visit.
Kristy
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lucas and Alice - this was a FUN book to read! I loved Alice! She was badass, even though she didn't really believe it. Lucas was definitely a charmer, but he sort of lost his charm when dealing with Alice. He fell hard, and I love those heroes, the ones who don't know what hit them. Who's next of the Rourkes?
Margaret
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lucas and Alice are a great couple. They have playful banter and really seem to understand each other from the very beginning. This is a great series and it is fun getting to know all the siblings and watching them fall in love one by one.
Sharon Noble
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a gift!

Alice lost her writing ability when her fiancee betrays her with her best friend. She goes on her honeymoon alone to try to get her writing back. Lucas finds her in the gardens & over years her on the phone!
Ruby
The Royal Charmer lived up to his nickname, and is by far the sexiest Rourke to date. Lucas, and Alice are like a match to aflame, and their banter is both hot and funny. If you like Royal hotness, then this is a must read. A true 5 Stars!!!
suzanne campbell
Wow loved this book, Alice was a total badass and I loved how Lucas fell for her. I'm so glad she got her HEA!
Kim Schubert
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this newest addition to the Royal family! It will have you laughing and swooning!
Julie (JR)
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick cute read. A bit far fetched and maybe needed more fleshing out in parts but I enjoyed it and would read more in the series.
JLS
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm loving this series! Lucas and Alice are an enchanting couple. The humor as well as the twists and turns in this story can't be beat. Find out what happens when a heart broken Regency romance author and a charming prince who is the third born decide that a fake engagement will benefit them both. It's a wild ride that's we'll worth reading!!! I received this ARC in exchange for my honest review.
Sue Quin
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kylie Gilmore never dissapoints. I have enjoyed each book in this series, getting to know each member of the Rourke family and who they fall in love with. I was unsure about who Lucas would fall in love from the previous books, and what his future love would be like? Not only is Alice not what I expected, but she is better than I could have dreamed. I found myself enjoying the kindness and peace they brought out in each other. I would be delighted to read more about Lucas and Alice, Hint Hint ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Please add 3 books to series 3 14 May 03, 2019 03:44PM

• A Girl Like You (Magnolia Sound #2)
  • Sin Shot: A Hockey Love Story (Vegas Crush, #2)
  • In Case You Didn't Know (Magnolia Sound #3)
  • American Asshole (Bachelor International Book 1)
  • Beauty and the Bayou (Boys of the Bayou, #3)
  • Non cercavo qualcuno da amare
  • Running After a Heartbreaker (Brides on the Run, #4)
  • Sweet Home Louisiana (Boys of the Bayou, #2)
  • The Marriage Effect (Washington Wolves, #3)
  • Take the Bride (Knight Brothers, #1.5)
  • Crazy Rich Cajuns (Boys of the Bayou, #4)
  • Le nostre prime sette volte
  • Dare Me Tonight (The Knight Brothers, #3)
  • More Than Sexy (Sexy #1)
  • Southern Heartbreaker (Charleston Heat, #4)
  • Hot Stuff
  • Rescue Me (Baby for the Billionaire #6)
  • The Billionaire's Forbidden Little Sister
Sign up for Kylie's newsletter for exclusive excerpts and subscriber-only giveaways!

***Rogue Gentleman is out now!***

Kylie Gilmore is the USA Today bestselling author of the Rourkes series, the Happy Endings Book Club series, the Clover Park series and the Clover Park STUDS series. She writes humorous romance that makes you laugh, cry, and reach for a cold glass of water.

Kylie lives in New York

The Rourkes (9 books)
  • Royal Catch (The Rourkes, #1)
  • Royal Hottie (The Rourkes, #2)
  • Royal Darling (The Rourkes, #3)
  • Royal Player (The Rourkes, #5)
  • Royal Shark (The Rourkes, #6)
  • Rogue Prince (The Rourkes, #7)
  • Rogue Gentleman (The Rourkes, #8)
  • Rogue Rascal (The Rourkes, #9)