Start by marking “Majesty (American Royals, #2)” as Want to Read:
Majesty (American Royals, #2)

Majesty

(American Royals #2)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  16,182 ratings  ·  2,093 reviews
Is America ready for its first queen?

Power is intoxicating. Like first love, it can leave you breathless. Princess Beatrice was born with it. Princess Samantha was born with less. Some, like Nina Gonzalez, are pulled into it. And a few will claw their way in. Ahem, we're looking at you Daphne Deighton.

As America adjusts to the idea of a queen on the throne, Beatrice grappl
Published September 1st 2020 by Random House Bfyr

To ask other readers questions about Majesty, please sign up.
Book Lover That’s how I felt too... until I read this book. Then all of my opinions about the characters were changed. Authors have a tendency to do that with se…moreThat’s how I felt too... until I read this book. Then all of my opinions about the characters were changed. Authors have a tendency to do that with sequels. (less)

·  16,182 ratings  ·  2,093 reviews

Start your review of Majesty (American Royals, #2)
Breanna
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
THIS REVIEW & MORE → Paws and Paperbacks

ARC provided by Random House Children's through NetGalley.

1.5 stars ✨

Buckle up kids, you’re in for one hell of a review.

If I was going to predict my biggest disappointment of the year, Majesty would never have even crossed my mind. I’m a huge fan of Katherine McGee’s books: they’re full of delicious drama, juicy secrets, complex characters, and angsty romance. I absolutely adored American Royals and I was really looking forward to reading this sequel. Read
Lily Herman
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Y'all, I have been on A Journey™ this evening. I got an ARC of Majesty earlier today (there is a God and she is a woman named Random House), casually yelped and scared my poor mother (whom I'm quarantining with), and read the entire novel in a single sitting without getting up. My butt and my heart hurt.

I'm just gonna say it: I really liked American Royals, but I loved this sequel more. Ending the first book on a cliffhanger was a risk, and to be honest, I was afraid that Majesty was going to be
Nilufer Ozmekik
Whhhaaatttt theeeee heeeecccck juuuuust happpeeeneeedd?is that all? No, it can’t! This must be a prank, right? This cannot be the real book! No! No! Noooooooooooooooo!

( a few denying hours later)

Yes, my friends, unfortunately this book is real. During my reading, I thought I would find a chapter telling us this was all a bad dream and real story would start up sooner with better conclusion but that chapter never appeared!

I wrote an extremely unpopular review to the first book cause I found th
Duks
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh 2019 Me had such high hopes for this book! 2020 Me feels cheated. This can't be the "closure" ending ending, I didnt get any closure, I feel like she didn't really know where to go with this book. Those 3 stars are me being generous at 2 in the morning...

Nov. 11, 2019 - What if she abolishes the monarchy so they can sll get their happy ending? And
instates "Democracy"?!
M. (Inside My Library Mind)
More reviews up on my blog Inside My Library Mind

The Old Switcheroo
Imagine reading a first book in a series where you spent the entire book getting attached to the characters and their relationships with each other. Imagine that the focus of the book was the romantic relationships, there are several of them, and they’re all built up over the course of 300 pages. There’s angst, there’s pinning, there’s miscommunication and SO MANY OBSTACLES, but they’re all in love and they have to eventuall
Caidyn (he/him/his)
Aannddd (5/9/20) I got denied on Netgalley for my most anticipated release.

I haven't even finished the first book and I know I need to read this one.
Hayley Wilson
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If there is not a scene when Nina runs into the chapel during Daphne and Jefferson's wedding and exposes Daphne for the snake she is, I am going to cry.
Tiffany (Read By Tiffany)
1.5/5 stars. ⭐️⭐️

Nothing hurts more than absolutely falling in love with the first book in a series…then having your soul tragically crushed by a disappointing sequel.

Folks, I too have been hustled, scammed, bamboozled, hoodwinked, led astray!! *high five if you understand the reference* When I first read American Royals at the beginning of the year, I thought I had found a new favorite series. However, after finishing its lackluster sequel, I now have trust issues.

Majesty is the finale novel
Elle
Jul 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Its been two weeks since i finished this and im still mad at this book, if i write a review then its just gonnna be me complaining hehe....

So I finished this and I'm really disappointed. RTC
Edit: I honestly want to cry my expectations were so high and nothing went the way I wanted to *sobs*
________________________________________________________

Update 3, the same day: I HAVE THE BOOK BYE SEE YALL WHEN IM FINISHED

Update 2: It is now Tuesday and I just got an email saying they have sent out my boo
Jessica | JustReadingJess
I loved this continuation of an excellent story. I love all of the characters so much. Majesty develops the characters more. All of the characters mature based on their new roles. Sam is no longer just breaking the rules, but now has an important role.

I won’t give anything away, but I was very happy with the outcome of this book. I love all of Katharine McGee’s books, so that wasn’t a surprise.

I highly recommend the American Royals series to any fans of YA, princesses, and cute romances.

Full rev
Christy

It pains me to write this review. Seriously. I was so looking forward to this book. I loved the first book and I was patiently waiting for my library borrow to come in so I could finally get to this book. I love Katherine McGee’s writing and there were some things I liked about this, but overall, I was so disappointed. Mainly in all the romances (except maybe one) and the direction so many of these characters stories took. I don’t want to spoil anything for anyone, so I won’t go into d
Heather
Sadly I didn't love this one as much as the first one. It was still enjoyable but some story arc's I didn't like. My favorite story arc was Beatrice, gah I adore her and I enjoyed Sam's growth in this book a ton as well!
Nina was underused in this book and Daphne...still horrible.
Clara (The Bookworm of Notre-Dame)
My only complaint: Not enough Jeff.

No, but seriously. This series is so much fun. It’s light and entertaining, like watching a cheesy tv show. I wasn’t expecting many turns and my ships haven’t sailed as I wanted to, but the road is worth it. Those books don’t have the most beautiful prose nor the most original story line or characters, but I always have the most fun reading it.

UPDATE: I have been told this was a duology... So I am lowering my rating to 3 stars because THIS ISN’T A CONCLUSION. W
Laura ☾
Sammi Weinroth
I am already DYING to read this!!
Larry H
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All hail Queen Beatrice of America!

Katharine McGee’s American Royals series returns with Majesty , the second book and another enjoyable installment. Beatrice has just been crowned Queen and is trying to figure out how to negotiate a role she has prepared for as long as she can remember, although she wasn't expecting to assume that role so soon.

Beatrice is the first woman to become Queen in American history, but despite living in modern times, there are some who only believe she can govern if
Kimberly (Deity of Books)
#1) American Royals: ★★★★☆

As one of my most anticipated reads of 2020, this was a huge disappointment.

The great George IV has died and Beatrice is now the first-ever Queen of America. She is being pressured to marry Teddy so that she looks more mature and can perform her duties. Nina is trying to live her normal life after breaking up with Prince Jefferson. Samantha is trying her best to live her to her position as heir to the throne. Daphne is still the same as before.

This is one of the worst
Megan (readingretriever)
Majesty Rating: 4/5
Great news...THE SEQUEL DID NOT DISAPPOINT! Beatrice, Sam, Daphne, and Nina are back in all their royal glory as they adjust to their new roles and relationships in life after the death of King George. Since this book doesn't come out for a couple months, here is my spoiler free review of what I liked and didn't like about the four main leading ladies in Majesty.

Beatrice - She is as majestic as ever and she makes me yearn for a day when the US will have a strong and competent
♡ jules ♡
I really enjoyed American Royals but this was honestly a complete and utter let down.
Bethany
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-interested
This followup was perfection! I expected some soapy fun a la Gossip Girl, and it certainly delivered that. But it also went in directions I didn't expect and I LOVED the ending for all of the characters. And I would read more in this world if she wants to write it. Just saying... I can't talk too much about this one without spoilers, but I will offer a few thoughts.

- Book 1 kind of glossed over the impact that slavery and the colonization of America & treatment of Native people would have on th
Katie Casaccia
Sep 04, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Cheryl James
I really enjoyed Book 1 of this series. I wasn't that crazy about this book , which is book 2. The fact that i am a Royal Historical junkie i showed favoritism to the story which is based on a royal family in the United States. I must say the story was written very well and the audio was just as good. Not sure if there is a part 3 but it appears the Queen has some work to do.

You love who you love and you want what you want and sometimes you and people you love or thought you loved gets hurt in
Katie
Aug 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"As if she wasn't a young woman at all, but a queen."

Summary
Majesty kicks off six weeks after the tumultuous end of American Royals in the aftermath of the shocking events. Beatrice has had to choose between duty and heart. Sam is stuck between being true to herself and living in Beatrice's shadow. Jeff is still stuck between the two girls vying for his attention - Nina and Daphne. While Nina is trying to move on from the events of six weeks ago, Daphne will do anything to claw her way b
Emma
Aug 21, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

3.5/5 Stars

Full review HERE

Before starting this book I was pretty sure I knew what was going to happen in the main romantic relationships. Well, Boo boo the fool here to tell you that I didn't know anything and that I didn't expect the author to flip the tables like this! I want this review to be spoiler free because I don't want to ruin the fun for anyone, but just be ready for what's going down
Nursebookie
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
American Royals II: Majesty
Katharine McGee

The American Royals series/ duology conclude with this book, the Majesty by Katharine McGee. The writing was amazing and I loved the follow up to the American Royals, which I find is absolutely amazing read and very creative concept when I read this last year. You definitely have to read the first book to learn about the characters and the whole concept of the world Katharine created in the American Royals - which was absolutely fantastic. The characters
Janssen
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was just SO fun. Better than the first.
Shreya Karnati
I love books with drama and royalty so I was really expecting to like this book but it was a big disappointment. I felt like there was only a little bit a drama, a lot of which was carried over from the first book, and nothing much really happened. Couples change but it was really weird to see that everyone found someone new. (view spoiler)
mindful.librarian ☀️
Utterly delectable. But how dare people tell me there won’t be a third in the series!?!? How can this BE?
Nina
Aug 29, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

instagram || my blog || twitter
Aarushi
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

• The Last Time We Say Goodbye
  • Meg and Jo
  • Happily Ever After (The Selection, #0.4, 0.5, 2.5, 3.1, 3.5)
  • The Gravity of Us
  • The Heir Affair (Royal We, #2)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Selections from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Piano Solos
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5, Part 1)
  • Meet You in the Middle
  • Among the Beasts & Briars
  • The Vanishing Throne (The Falconer, #2)
  • Magic Lessons (Practical Magic, #0.1)
  • A Deadly Education (The Scholomance, #1)
  • Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
  • Throwaway Girls
  • Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1)
  • Untitled (Two Lies and a Spy, #3)
  • Sealed with a Lie (Two Lies and a Spy, #2)
Katharine McGee is the New York Times bestselling author of American Royals and The Thousandth Floor trilogy. She studied English and French literature at Princeton University and has an MBA from Stanford. She lives in her hometown of Houston, TX with her husband.

American Royals (2 books)
  • American Royals (American Royals, #1)

Articles featuring this book

Don’t you just hate that feeling of falling head over heels for a new series...and then having to wait anxiously (sometimes for years!) for...
“But we fell in love, day by day, he’d said. Real love comes from facing life together, with all its messes and surprises and joys.” 7 likes
“A destiny was something that happened to you, that fell upon you like rain no matter how desperately you try to hide from it. But if you walked toward it with your head held high, then it wasn't your fate - it was simply your future.” 3 likes