Start by marking “Tempting Fate: A Love in Eden Short” as Want to Read:
Tempting Fate: A Love in Eden Short

Tempting Fate: A Love in Eden Short

(Love in Eden #1.5)

Jackson
Everyone says what a lucky guy I am. I've got a great kid, an amicable relationship with my ex, and a job working cattle on one of the largest ranches in Eden, Wyoming. Only problem is that "everyone" has no clue that I'm living a half-life.

Because the other half is a closeted gay man who's got it bad for the young ranch hand he works with day in and day out.

But
Published February 2nd 2020

To ask other readers questions about Tempting Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempting Fate

Start your review of Tempting Fate: A Love in Eden Short
Nazanin
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2020
4 Stars

Travis: "Everyone else viewed me as the young hothead who liked taking risks and pushing boundaries. I was always the first one to jump off the cliff and into the murky depths without knowing what was beneath the choppy waters. Only Jackson knew that it was fear that drove me to the edge of that cliff, not excitement."

Jackson: "I'd been a lie from day one.
And it seemed like Id have to continue the lie because"

Told in dual POV, 1st person, its "Love in Eden" novella but it can be read as a
Denise H.
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Friends to lovers...

Awesome sexy short story on the Broken Tree Ranch. Jackson, 35, tender when delivering calves, a great Dad, and once Travis saw Jackson in the shower, an immediate obsession, but hes straight, right?
Travis, 25, the hardest worker Jackson had ever seen, but he was off limits. We learn their back stories, and then after a typical night out, Jackson ghosts everyone. Travis goes to him. Hot sex, deep passion, and a secret.
Enjoy !

======
Ula'ndi Hart
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well dammit.. why did it have to be so short??
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
OK, there are short stories, and there are SHORT, unfinished stories. This was unfortunately one of them. It was way too rushed. Un-well-formed. And ended at an incomplete edge. Not a fan.
Chris
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
3.5 for a sweet novella ... look forward to a full story with these two !
Aneesah
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I've read lots of M/M romance before but I think this was my first by this author and it was EXCELLENT. Very enjoyable, I will definitely check out more by her!
Stefanie
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
Good story. She shouldve made this a full novel instead of a short story. ...more
Kazza
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
description

I've never read Sloane Kennedy before but this was free, short, and sounded like something I could easily read right now. And it was. It was just what I needed.

I really enjoyed these characters. Even though the wordcount was against them, the author gave them enough depth for me to read all the way through in one sitting. But I won't lie, I would have loved more on Jackson and Travis.

Travis is an angry ant and spent a lot of this novella in an angry, defensive state.

Jackson is a nice guy, a
DepictonFiction
Im not a fan of short stories but hey this is Sloane Kennedy. As a fan of her work I read it. It was good but.......too short 😜 ...more
LauraSt
Cute

Cute shortie. If a little unbelievable. Insta-gay moment like Ive never read before. But the sentiments and feeling were there, just absolutely no time to discern and accept.
Jenna ~JennaBSpoke~
Closer to 2.5 ⭐

These two were hot together, and I totally believed that they belonged together. This was just WAY to short and rushed. I think it was a disservice to this pairing to give them a short instead of a full length story. Disappointing.
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cowboy

I loved the story of Travis and Jackson. When I met them in past stories I was hoping we would learn more about them, and I still want more!
Wendy Moore
Feb 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Quick, sweet read. Would love to have more about them ❤
Nina Quill
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
(Français plus bas. French below.)

This was so shoooooort!! I know I cant blame Sloane for that because it was a part of an anthology so it had to be that way but...I wanted so much more of them! Both of their pasts deserved to be explored, as well as their relationship in general... Once again, I know. Thats what short stories are supposed to be : short. But still, the authors other novellas and short stories were always enough for me... This one...I just want moooore! Still a 4 stars, because
christyheartsbooks
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jackson is recently divorced from his childhood sweetheart because she couldn't live with his lie anymore. Despite their divorce they have a good relationship and co-parent their son together. Jackson's lie is that he is gay but in the rural Eden, Wyoming that doesn't fly. Jackson works on a ranch and rooms with another ranch hand named Travis. Travis is straight but is everything that Jackson wants. Tired of being alone he places an ad that Travis finds that sends him into a confusing downward ...more
Aimee Lou
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet!

Jackson and Travis have been friends since they started working together at Broken Tree Ranch. Jackson was in love with Travis from day one, but has been keeping that and his sexuality to himself. Travis is straight with a new flavor every week.

One night before going out, Travis is waiting for Jackson to get ready and comes across something that sparks jealousy in him about Jackson. He can't get this off his mind. What does it mean? So he decides to confront Jackson.

I won't say
Blueleo
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: good, free, kindle-remove
Friends to Lovers💞

Really short story, but it hit the right points. Eventhough at the beginning I thought Travis was weird and nosey. I didn't like the way he was so impatient at the beginning that he needed to talk to Jackson right away and he goes into the bathroom and opens the shower curtain to see him naked. That was weird, but as the story progresses it was more of two guys finding how much they like each. They where best friends so now it was just realizing they wanted more. It was cute!
Louise
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this

I know this was a short story but I still felt like I got more out of this book than I do some full length novels.
I loved both characters and could really connect with them and their vulnerabilities. They had great chemistry and I just couldn't wait for them to figure their issues out.
Of course my only complaint is I could have read so much more of these two and was happy to see the author note they will be in by other stories too.
Heather
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So Hot!

Holy hotness, this was amazing! Set in Sloanes fictional Eden, two ranch hands find out how straight one of them isnt when Travis stumbles upon Jacksons personal ad on the Heart2Heart website. The buildup of Travis and Jacksons story was super hot and steamy *fans self*!
BookitoCat
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
It was an okay love story. I wanted more though. I know it is an Eden short and I know there many other books in these series, but I expected so much more. It was a cute romance nothing else. It was cringe at some points. It was a quick read to pass the time.
Lyndsay TC
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Travis and Jackson

This short and steamy romance between ranch hands Travis and Jackson was a perfect bedtime read. It took just the thought of losing Jackson to someone else to kick Travis into gear. Hopefully we catch glimpses of these two in future books in this series.
andrea moran
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love in Eden short

This short story was featured in the latest H2H anthology but has been released on its own, my only issue is that its just too dang short! When it comes to Sloanes work Im all about more more more please!
Claudia
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.75

SO, I've read this quite few times. First as part of the Heart2Heart anthology and then as a freebie, and I'm not going to lie, I really want to see more of these two and I hope there's a follow-up.
Mak
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
2.5 stars.
Shiney
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Short story

I didn't realize it was a short story. I wish there was more to their story. It felt like the opening of what could be a really good book or series..
Laurana
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
3,75 stars
Landy Jimenez
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Too short
Kk
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
A cute short story that I wish was longer!
Nancy
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Some suspense but short and sweet.
Gina
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Even though it was a short story, I always enjoy Sloanes books. This is an awesome read and both MC made me fall in love with them. ...more

• Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Finding Finley
  • Giving Chase (Havenwood #1)
  • Temptation (Breaking the Rules #2)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Ex Meridian (Nothing Special, #7)
  • Snow Way Out (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #7)
  • Maddie (Hamilton's Heroes, #3)
  • Daddy (Kinky Boys #1)
  • Making Rules (Davey's Rules #6)
  • The Prince and His Captivating Carpenter (Paranormal Princes, #2)
  • Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • Rules to Ignore (Davey's Rules, #7)
  • Make Snow Mistake (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #1)
  • Saving Rafe (Lords of Discord #2)
  • Four Letter Word (Love Logic, #2)

Love in Eden (1 books)
  • Always Mine (Love in Eden #1)