Start by marking “Legacy of Ghosts (The Coraidic Sagas #2)” as Want to Read:
Legacy of Ghosts (The Coraidic Sagas #2)

Legacy of Ghosts

(The Coraidic Sagas #2)

Four years have passed since Lidan’s world was ripped apart, and time is running out to change her father’s mind about the succession before the bargain with her mother expires. Torn between what she wants and what she knows is right, she is faced with an impossible choice; will her brother live, or will he die?

Within the walls of the Hidden Keep, Ranoth holds his secrets
Published November 30th 2019 by Alicia Wanstall-Burke

To ask other readers questions about Legacy of Ghosts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legacy of Ghosts

Start your review of Legacy of Ghosts (The Coraidic Sagas #2)
Petrik
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Legacy of Ghosts is, without a doubt, a worthy successor to Blood of Heirs.

First of all, I’m going to repeat a bit of what I’ve said in my Blood of Heirs review. I’ve mentioned before that my ARC and review requests were out of control that I had to reject so many of them; this situation hasn’t changed, it only got worse. But considering the fact that Blood of Heirs was one of the biggest indie surprises I’ve read last year, I knew I ha
Nick Borrelli
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Four years have passed since the events that culminated Alicia Wanstall-Burke's first book in the Coraidic Sagas, Blood of Heirs. Much has changed in those intervening four years, both with the two main characters Lidan and Ran, and also within the kingdom itself regarding the threat that it faces from its hated enemy the Woaden Empire. But there are other things much worse than enemy armies lurking along the fringes of the Southlands and Ortha. Things in the form of unspeakably hideous animated ...more
Adam
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alicia Wanstall-Burke’s Legacy of Ghosts, the second entry in The Coraidic Sagas trilogy, is a thrilling addition to Lidan and Ran’s stories and elevates all the material that came before it. While Blood of Heirs set the table for what was to come, its sequel devours the meal and kicks the table over in style. In Legacy of Ghosts, Wanstall-Burke demonstrates her shrewd talent for plotting, fusing together threads of physical and emotional confrontations with the fine touch of a knife’s edge.

We o
Dyrk Ashton
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another review it's taken me forever to post, but I seriously loved this book. And here's the thing - I haven't read the first book yet, and I still loved it. Terrific characters with a pathos that I find rare and wonderful. Wanstall-Burke is, in my opinion, one of the best new fantasy writers working today.
Anna Stephens
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a really mature sequel to last year's Blood of Heirs and I thoroughly enjoyed returning to the Tolak Range and Usmein.
Ran and Lidan have both matured, though things aren't much easier for them than they were last time around - and they head downhill at a pretty frantic pace. We finally see our disparate heroes come together for the final huge - and well-handled - reveal, setting up the third book very nicely.
My only gripe was the plot surrounding the matching (marriage) of Lidan's siste
Calvin Park
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I read Blood of Heirs last year and thoroughly enjoyed it, so when I realized Legacy of Ghosts was releasing, I knew I needed to pick it up right away and give it a read. I was not disappointed. Legacy picks up the story several years after Blood of Heirs concluded. Once it does begin, however, it doesn’t miss a beat. Wanstall-Burke quickly brings readers up to speed on what has happened in the intervening years and then we’re treated to a quickly moving plot that races to a satisfying and yet o ...more
Lisa
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So, first a preface because I really loved the first book in this series and I was so surprised by how much I loved it because it has two things working against my personal (rather stupid) biases: it’s epic fantasy and it’s self-published. I’m really picky about taking chances with either of those and this is both. That being said, wow, Blood of Heirs, amazing. I loved it. I’m happy to say that this sequel continues my love for this series and for Alicia’s writing.

Like the first in the series, t
Tom
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Legacy of Ghosts is a wonderfully fresh follow up to Blood of Heirs. It expands on the very unique antipodean-setting, and the characters. Both side and main all progress and show a lot of growth as the story unfolds. The pacing is spot on and flows nicely. Sharp, fast action sequences follow soft, slow, romantic or heartfelt moments. That make the reader feel a vast range of complex and rich emotions. The plot continues to be magical and combined with the setting is sublime. Ran and Lidan both ...more
T.O. Munro
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blood of Heirs, Alicia Wanstall-Burke’s debut, introduced us to two leading characters at opposite ends of a vividly drawn world. Though Lidan the southern princess and Ranoth the Northern prince never met in that first book, they faced a common foe. Ranoth’s people called them Dradur, Lidan’s called them Ngaru, but either way these were formidable creatures fashioned from corpses fitted with embedded blades and bred for ferocity.

Lidan and Ranoth also faced separate, more domestic perils: the ru
Stephen Richter
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Coraidic Sagas and follow up to SPFBO 5 excellent Blood of Heirs. The two POVs of Ran and Lidan continue to shared the narration of the tale as the plot thicken as second book in the series have a tendency to do. It is two year past since the end of events in Book One. Both Lidan and Ran have hard choice to make which sets them on a path not of their choosing. The excellent worldbuilding continues as does the establishment of a magical system that is feared in both culture ...more
Kelly
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It’s packed to the brim with suspense, action, and anticipation. I feel that this book drew on all of the good things from book one, but with more precision. The characters and their relationships with others and their world are beautifully developed. I feel sad to be done and lonely without them! Totally engrossing. I am very much looking forward to part 3.
Jeff Bryant
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Some authors create a world and open a door for you to gaze at it. Alicia’s prose takes you by the hand and leads you through the door and across the map. You can feel the breeze in your hair, the wood smoke in your clothes, the crunch of gravel beneath your boots.
This second book in her saga continues the story of two protagonists; Ran, a scion of nobility in the North exiled for his awakened magic powers and discovering how to harness them, and Lidan, daughter of a clan leader in the Southern
A.M. Justice
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Loved this book. I picked it up immediately after finishing Blood of Heirs and was not disappointed. The pacing was somewhat slower than the first book in the series, but the extra time spent on character development was well worth it, and the payoff at the end was terrific. I'm really looking forward to the next book.
Heath Rogers
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic follow up to the Blood of Heirs

The first book was great, the second book was even better - which is often so difficult with series. I can't wait for the next installment.
Elana Mitchell
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An outstanding follow up to Blood of Heirs. With the world building done in the first novel the author was free to ratchet the story up to heart attack territory which she does with aplomb and some whiplash inducing twists that have left me quietly angsting that the third book is still in progress (as at Feb 2020).

So I shared the pain with a friend and gave her the first two books to read and now she’s cranky about having to wait for the third novel. That’s how good this is. Go read it.
B
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Sequel

Excellent second book in the series (I’m unclear whether it’s a trilogy or more, but am assuming a trilogy). At the risk of a tiny spoiler from the first chapter, the book leaps forward four years from its predecessors.

Like its predecessor, the book alternates perspectives between Ran and Liddy. Tone, scenes and language put this above YA into adult fiction, although both protagonists are in the ‘prime’ age group (17+).

The book has several incredible action scenes ( notably the ‘
Marc Morris
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I started book one while in hospital last October and fun how when this book hit my shelf I was going in for operation so decided that would be good time to start book 2 but need to say am not starting anything to be admitted to hospital for book three food sucks and only saving grace was This ! I was instantly drew back in to the world superbly crafted with characters well designed and captivating in every way ! The twist at end was good if not little to scripted in the who but the way it playe ...more
Jon Adams
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A truly excellent follow up.
Beena
Freaking loved this, easily the best read I've had so far this year!

The second book in The Coraidic Sagas continues Ran and Lidan's individual threads four years later from the first book. Whilst the first book seemed more of an introduction, this book is where the story starts truly developing. Ran has settled into life at the hidden keep teaching the children how to use their magic in a fight, having learnt to control and hone his own power. However after the arrival of Brit Doon- an old frien
Haamid Yasin
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, best book of 2019. Always keeps you anticipating future character interactions and story beats with every new plot development or character growth.

Only questionable part is the ending and a certain characters motivations that are at odds with previously held priorities that drove them but that's for the third book which is the most anticipated of 2020.
Micha Beckert
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m not very good at doing a book review, actually I’ve never done one. I do know that I loved reading Blood of Heirs and Legacy of Ghosts, and couldn’t put them down. Now I am eagerly awaiting the third book in the Saga.
Michelle
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I stayed up way too late finishing this last night, but there was no way I was going to put this down, especially in that wild final stretch. This was such an exciting read, and improved on the first book (which I loved to begin with), and I love how both Ran's and Lidan's characters deepened and grew. I am also just so impressed by the plotting of this--the confidence, the unpredictability, the pacing, the absolute pay-off at the end. I cannot wait to read the next book in this series, and trul ...more
Khai Jian (KJ)
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
First and foremost, congratulations Alicia Wanstall-Burke for being a finalist of SPFBO (Self-Published Fantasy Blog Off) 2019 with her debut fantasy novel Blood of Heirs! I remember giving a 4.5/5 star rating for Blood of Heirs, but Legacy of Ghosts is way better and without a doubt, deserves a strong 4.8/5 star rating! Thanks to the author for the ARC of Legacy of Ghosts in exchange for an honest review. Receiving a copy of this novel did not influence my thoughts or opinion.

Legacy of Ghosts
David Samuels
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to receive an ARC for this work. I think it's a splendid continuation of the trilogy. Will elaborate soon
Stephanie
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sergiu
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
An exciting second book in the series that is even better than the first. Well-fleshed characters keep us engaged in a fast-moving plot. Hard to put down and looking forward to the next book.
Hacen
Apr 21, 2020
Jeff Dyason
Feb 13, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Tale of Stars and Shadow (A Tale of Stars and Shadow, #1)
  • A Prince of Song and Shade (A Tale of Stars and Shadow, #2)
  • The Sword of Kaigen
  • Along the Razor's Edge (The War Eternal, #1)
  • Never Die
  • Fortune's Fool (Eterean Empire #1)
  • A King of Masks and Magic (A Tale of Stars and Shadow, #3)
  • Blade's Edge (Chronicles of Gensokai, #1)
  • Beggar's Rebellion (Resonant #1)
  • Spark City (Spark City Cycle, #1)
  • Legacy of Ash (Legacy Trilogy, #1)
  • The Lessons Never Learned (The War Eternal #2)
  • From Cold Ashes Risen (The War Eternal, #3)
  • Kalanon's Rising (Agents of Kalanon #1)
  • Black Stone Heart (The Obsidian Path, #1)
  • Ashes of the Sun (Burningblade & Silvereye, #1)
  • The Girl and the Stars (Book of the Ice, #1)
  • A Duet of Sword and Song (A Tale of Stars and Shadow #4)
Splitting her time between Central Queensland, Australia and Lancashire, England, Alicia is a writer, a mum and a cat-herder. There are rumours she may in fact be a quokka in disguise, but these are not to be believed.
She began writing in her teens and never grew out of the phase, publishing Blood of Heirs in 2018 and Legacy of Ghosts in 2019.
She has also dabbled in editing and blogging while co

The Coraidic Sagas (2 books)
  • Blood of Heirs (The Coraidic Sagas #1)