Start by marking “Come Join the Murder” as Want to Read:
Come Join the Murder

Come Join the Murder

Rebecca Crow’s four-year-old son is dead and her husband is missing.

Divers find her husband’s car at the bottom of a canal with their son’s small, lifeless body, inside. The police have no suspects and nothing to go on but a passing mention of a man driving a van. Guilt and grief cloud Rebecca’s thoughts as she stumbles toward her only mission: Revenge.

James Porter knows e
Published March 27th 2020 by Close to the Bone

To ask other readers questions about Come Join the Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Come Join the Murder

Start your review of Come Join the Murder
"Avonna
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

COME JOIN THE MURDER by Holly Rae Garcia is a short, poignant and dark crime thriller by a new author that kept me turning the pages. Graphic and at times difficult to read, I still could not put it down until I knew the final resolution for the dual narrators.

Rebecca Crow and her husband, Jon tried for a long time to have a child. Now Oliver is four years old and a miniature copy of her husband. Rebecca stays home to catch up on w
Linda Strong
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rebecca's last phone call with her husband is the last she will ever have. After he and their 4-year-old son have spend the day at the beach and are headed home, the car gets a flat tire. He calls to tell Rebecca that they will be late coming home, he's called for help and will see her soon as the help has already arrived.

Many hours later, police find her husband's car at the bottom of a canal ... the lifeless body of their son inside. Her husband's body is not found.

The story is told from Rebec
Well Read Beard
Jun 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
This book in an outstanding debut. It is a fine example of a small press suspense/thriller/psychological drama that doesn't just dance along the lines of horror. The extreme grief, loss and guilt coupled with the graphic nature of some of the scenes in this book puts it right there with a lot of the modern indie ( human nature is horror ) stuff that I have been reading. Frankly it was a surprise, and it is another one of those books that I had not seen anyone else talking about in my twitter cir ...more
Anika  | Chapters of May
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A copy of this book was gifted by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Come Join the Murder takes place during the summer in a small town in Texas. Rebecca’s husband, Jon, and son, Oliver, are mysteriously killed during a mugging and Rebecca is hell-bent on seeking revenge. After their death, she spends her days plotting payback and frantically searching for the man who killed her family. The mission consumes every aspect of her life as she grows more and more desperate.

The chapters switc
Irene
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loss and depression can bring on it's own form of horror, and this is what is visited upon Rebecca Crow on what should have been just another ordinary day. Her husband Jon and 4 year old son Oliver are off for a day at the beach. Rebecca is looking forward to a few hours of alone time and getting some work done, having no idea she would never see her family again. The fear was palpable as she waited and waited for them to show up at their designated meeting spot. My own anxiety grew along with h ...more
I.M. Redwright
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Capturing my attention is not an easy feat, but Come Join The Murder managed to enthrall me since the first paragraph in which we are introduced to James, a man who has commited an unnecesary murder.

On the other side, we meet Rebeca, her husband and her kid have been murdered and she seeks revenge...

This book is narrated from the perspective of both Rebeca and James, therefore providing us the two sides of a murder story. An interesting approach that will lead to lot of tension and moments that
Nomie
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Fantastic read and different to your standard crime book. Definitely recommend you read it. Couldn't put it down and I'll look forward to this authors next book.
Kelly Creighton
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An impressive debut. Beautifully written.
Teagan C.
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book blew me away.

Check out my full review here.
Brad
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Come join the murder
Come join the black"
The White Buffalo & The Forest Rangers - Come Join the Murder

The first time I heard the title of this book, Come Join the Murder, it made me think of the song from the show Son's of Anarchy. I mentioned this in one of my videos and Holly responded saying that both the title of the book and the character's last name, Crowe, were inspired by SoA which I thought was pretty cool.

Okay, with that little tidbit aside let's get into the review. Come Join the Murd
Alana Bloom
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you have followed me for a while, I’m sure you’ve noticed that I bounce around from genre to genre. It has been a while since I’ve been tempted to pick up a book marketed as horror and all the better if it is an indie published book! You, presumably, have read the synopsis for the book. It is an exceedingly grim topic.

Come Join the Murder is a solid, gritty debut that explores grief and violence. I spent the first 45% of this book in ugly tears. My daughter is just a hair younger than Oliver
Lee
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful new author! Kept me reading all night!
Tabitha
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review is also featured at Behind the Pages: Come Join the Murder

A huge thank you to Blackthorn Book Tours and Holly Rae Garcia for including me in the book tour for Come Join the Murder. I was provided a copy in exchange for an honest review.

What can a mother do when she loses her husband and son? After a trip to the beach turns deadly, Rebecca is left wandering a house filled with memories and silence. The police have found no answers, and she is left trying to pick up the pieces of her
Rebecca
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Come Join the Murder is a tale of loss. Most authors depict loss as a state of depression; those who have experienced loss know that, at its core, it is a horror all on its own. Thus, Garcia's story has embodied the perfect genre in which to flourish.

Come Join the Murder opens with James attempting to wash the blood out of his favorite t-shirt, an old Eagles concert tee he’d swiped from a Salvation Army store the summer before. The blood is the result of a robbery gone wrong that resulted in th
Ruth
Jun 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2020
Couldn’t put it down. When your family is taken from you for a measly 32$, you want revenge, don’t you? How do you exact that? Rebecca is fed up with police and takes things into her own hands. Who is the killer? A man with a van.
Tanya E
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kimberly
Apr 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Come Join the Murder by Holly Rae Garcia was an excellent debut novel. The story is told by Rebecca, the grieving and vengeful mother/spouse and James, the guy who has a taste for murder. The book is a very short, quick read. Hard to read at times when its describing Oliver's death. The only issue I had with it was the ending, not a bad one, just wished for a little more.

Thank you to BookSirens for the free digital copy in exchange for an honest and voluntary review. All opinions are my own.
Heather W
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Come Join The Murder is an intriguing read.

This is the first book I have read by this author and found it to be a truly interesting mystery thriller. With dual points of view from the victims' wife/mother and the killer, this story captured my interest from the first page. It is well written and compelling, with murder, violence, and vengeance.

I would love to read more books from this author.
I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
Michelle Debnam
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Imagine if the phone call from your husband to say he was running late was the last you would ever receive, this is what happens to Rebecca and not only that but their young son was in the car with him

Hours later the body of her young son is found in the car at the bottom of a canal and her husband is no where to be found, what follows is Rebecca's journey from grief through to a vigilante hell bent on revenge

A well written story and one I totally enjoyed
Carly Rheilan
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is chilling.

Chilling because at its heart – though it is written at first as if it might be just another work of standard genre fiction – there is a terrible truth about the human heart, about revenge, and about justice. Rebecca’s son and husband are missing. And then her son’s body is found, murdered, at the bottom of a canal in her husband’s car.

Rebecca is a good person. She’s a mother. She’s us. Any of us.

At first the book is a study in grief. There were moments there, at the start,
Cathleen (Woven From Words)
**I received a complimentary copy of Come Join the Murder through Blackthorn Book Tours. All thoughts and opinions are my own.**

Reading Come Join the Murder was quite a wild experience! Holly Rae Garcia eloquently communicates Rebecca and James’ despair as they navigate their struggles through the story. She clearly describes Rebecca’s dark descent as she seeks out her son’s killer. No longer having a family, Rebecca is left to pick up the pieces of her life while piecing together what happened
Paul Preston
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“There is no word for a mother without a child.” -Rebecca Crow
Rebecca’s 4 year old son Oliver is dead. Her husband John is missing and presumed dead.
This is know within the first chapter so it is not a spoiler. The rest of the book is about Rebecca and the mental rollercoaster she is on. It is also about the killers, James and Tommy, and what transformation they go through.
Sound simple? Better think again. This is difficult to get into without spoiling anything so I will just tell you to take
Happy Booker
Aug 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Come join the murder is a murder thriller written about a woman named Rebecca who loses her son and husband in a car accident. Police began looking for a suspicious van that was seen passing by. Rebecca seeks revenge as all that mattered to her has now been lost.

James Porter knows what has happened, but he keeps it a secret, and although by doing so, he adds a lot more drama to the story, it does make you suffer just as much as Rebecca. His character had his side to it, and I enjoyed that. We us
Iseult Murphy
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A stunning crime thriller that looks at the actions, and the consequences of those actions, that connect two very different people.
James loves his mother and wants to look after her. Unfortunately, he doesn’t care what happens to others who get in his way.
Rebecca loves her son, although she’s forgotten to make time for him and gets irritated when he makes a mess and puts demands on her time. Why do we never appreciate what we have until it’s gone?
Garcia writes both characters with great depth
Tabatha Shipley
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What I Did Like:
-Walking that thriller/horror line skillfully. I adore books that tiptoe on the line between genres and this does exactly that. I wasn’t expecting to be surprised by the book, since we start off by knowing exactly who the “bad guy” is. But learning it along with Rebecca and being shocked by what she does with it was INTENSE.
-Originality. The masterful way this author deals with new suspects was great. I love when books take risks and try something new and this book delivered on
Anne Carty
Jul 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. This is a very interesting thriller that explores many themes such as grief, vengeance and psychological drama. We follow the perspective of Rebecca and she is trying to cope with the lost of her son and her husband and we also follow James the man who killed them.

This was a really interesting take on a thriller because generally we don’t know who has hurt or murdered the victim but with this one we know who he is from the start. I was really intrigued at how this s
Rovie
Jul 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-ebook, book-tour
This review is up on my blog: https://rarevenclaw.wordpress.com/202...

Rating: 4/5 stars

I would like to thank the team of Blackthorn Book Tour and the author for inviting me to be part of this tour! In exchange for a digital copy of the book, I was asked to do an honest review.

I am not really a fan of thriller/horror stories, but what I like the most about Come Join the Murder is the narration. For a debut, I saw how the author added her own style in story telling, and even the gruesome moments w
Karen Kingston
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’m pleased to share my review for this tense thriller by Holly Rae Garcia. Thank you to Blackthorn Book Tours for inviting me to join the tour (my first with Blackthorn) and providing a digital review copy – my thoughts are my own and not influenced by the gift.

This was an unusual book for me because we met the murderer at the beginning of the book, no trying to work out ‘who did it’ in this story. Instead this is a story about how the grief of the murder of her only child drives Rebecca to see
Surjit Parekh
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rebecca Crow’s four-year-old son is dead and her husband is missing.

James Porter knows exactly what happened to them, but he’ll do anything to keep it a secret.

James didn’t plan to kill Rebecca’s son, but he’s not
Kyrilson
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I picked up this one on Kindle Unlimited on the basis of a youtube video from Well Read Beard, one of my favorite Booktubers that I regularly watch. He's usually on target for me and he definitely was with this one. This is a very good dark crime novel. I'm pretty sure it's her debut novel If so it is remarkably well written. There are no supernatural elements in this novel.

This a tough one to review without giving away too much plot, but I'll try, and be as vague as possible.

This is a story t
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Amazon Link not going to book page 9 21 May 08, 2020 07:43AM
Making Connections: 5712. - Come Join the Murder by Holly Rae Garcia 10 34 Apr 26, 2020 08:50AM

• Scratches
  • Crossroads
  • The Jigsaw Man (Inspector Anjelica Henley, #1)
  • The Friend Zone (The Friend Zone, #1)
  • Murder in Montague Falls: Noir-Inspired Novellas by Russ Colchamiro, Sawney Hatton & Patrick Thomas
  • Of Myth and Shadow
  • The Drop
  • Juniper
  • Old Bones (Nora Kelly #1)
  • Wilder Girls
  • Blood Orange
  • Finale (Caraval, #3)
  • The Disappearance
  • The Existence Of Amy
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Jitters
  • A Death at Tippitt Pond (A Sweet Iron Mystery)
I love the works of Edgar Allen Poe, Daniel Keyes, Richard Matheson, and Stephen King. Dark stories with sad endings are my jam. In my own writing, I lean toward the thriller, horror, sci-fi, and dystopian genres.

I live on the Texas Coast with my family and five dogs.

* COME JOIN THE MURDER
Debut novel, a psychological thriller with horrific elements.

Dark Ink: April 17th, 2021