Start by marking “The Honest Liar (The Pact #2)” as Want to Read:
The Honest Liar (The Pact #2)

The Honest Liar

(The Pact #2)

Nobody likes a liar.

Yet sometimes lies are essential.

In my world, the truth can kill.

For years I tried to escape the cartel.

But will I ever be free of its pull?

I have a Big Plan, and no one is getting in my way.

Not even a stubborn, sexy cop who won’t keep her nose out of my business.

Jamie Sanderson is determined to end me.

But she doesn’t know how powerful I am.

Even
Kindle Edition
Published May 18th 2020 by Leslie Georgeson Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Honest Liar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Honest Liar

Start your review of The Honest Liar (The Pact #2)
Shalini
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fun book to read which I enjoyed more as I had read the first in the series The Mocking Man. Two friends Rafe and Alex. Two ladies a cop and a lawyer. One mafia Don. Alex and his lawyer lady lived happily in book 1.

This was purely Rafe's story, a powerful son of the Mafia king who danced to his own rhythm, with a plan larger than life but enveloped in lies. Entered the cop Jamie. Attraction flared between them like wildfire.

She wanted to arrest him and throw him in prison. He wanted to be arre
Diane
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ADDICTING DUET A MUST HAVE FOR SURE!!!!
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of "THE HONEST LIAR" (SUSPENSE DUET #2) Brilliantly written by Leslie Georgeson what a rollercoster ride you can't get off of right from the beginning to the end it grips you tight.
"The Mocking Man" was a fabulous read but "The Honest Liar will blow your mind so my happens you can't stop turning page after page of suspense, intrigue, mystery, secrets, lies, betrayal, deception, passion, danger, twists that make for one adrenaline pumping storyline.
I absolutely loved
Elizabeth Connor
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this action-packed book and found the characters relatable and likable. The plot was engaging, although I sometimes found Rafe's secretiveness a bit too much. I understand his desire to keep things from Jamie, but it wasn't necessary to keep the reader in the dark. This led to a big explanation at the end that dragged and felt didactic, reminding me of a Scooby Doo reveal, minus the villain lamentations ("I would've gotten away with it if it hadn't been for those meddling kids").

At tim
Carol
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!! This is the second book in the series and should be read in order to fully understand as it makes references to the first. Which was great! I loved in this book how bonds of friends can be so strong. How family can be so close and stand behind each other. Rafael was such a good well thought out character. He had such a screwed up life and yet he was fierce, loyal, loving, strong, family meant everything to him. Except his father the head of the cartel, who caused his pain and others. ...more
lf
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Who is honest and who is a liar?

The Honest Liar is the second book in The Pact duet and what a wonderfully powerful story it is.
This book could be read as a standalone but you really should read The Mocking Man, book 1, prior to it as the story builds and the POV's are different in each book.
I originally started reading Leslie Georgeson with her The Dregs series and the same level of well written, entertaining and riveting books continues with The Pact duet. If you like to be on the edge of yo
Jen
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in The Pact Duet. Alex told his story in book one and now it is time for Rafe to show us readers more of his character. Rafe has a 'Big Plan' but that plan does not include getting involved with a cop named Jamie. Jamie is like a dog with a bone, she does not want.to let go. Can Rafe convince her to stay out of trouble? The sooner he cleans things up, the better they can be but Jamie has to quit stirring the pot. I enjoyed reading this story and getting to know Rafe more ...more
Ashley
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This novel has it all: a compelling story, hot hero, fierce heroine, romance and a need to know plot line that keeps you coming back for more. I highly recommend reading the first book in the series, The Mocking Man, which introduces the characters and sets the stage for this book, The Honest Liar, which is the second in the series. I really needed to know Rafe's story and I am always fascinated by enemies to lovers romances. Jaime and Rafe could not be farther apart, and yet they find they have ...more
Sara Sigler
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rafe tried many times to escape from his dad the cartel king who had kidnapped him from his home at 17. Alex helped him get rid of his father while he was healing a plan was put in motion to take down all of the corrupted people. Jamie the cop kept trying to arrest him but Rafe wouldn’t give her a reason for that. Along the way they fell in love, after they all got healed from the gunshots that they had Jamie finally forgave him. The DEA and the FBI arrested everyone involved. So everyone in his ...more
Heather Wamboldt
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Honest Liar is the second book in The Pact Duet and is a great romantic suspense story.

This is Rafael's story and follows "The Mocking Man" (Alex's story). The storyline is well written and flows nicely from start to finish. The characters are well developed and have amazing chemistry together. This book has betrayal, secrets, danger, suspense, intrigue, and romance. Can Rafael convince Jamie that she should be with him instead of arresting him?

I read and reviewed this book with no obligatio
Ashleigh
May 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great characters that will keep your interest extremely well.
I'm not going to go into detail, no spoilers, just read the book if you are even mildly intrigued by the blurb. You'll thank me later!

The chemistry, sweetness, and twists in plot kept things interesting. Add in drama and passion and you have a good read.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Danielle Marlowe
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Leslie Georgeson did a great job on this story, The Honest Liar had a strong plot, it was filled with emotions, it packed with action, drama, suspense and more. The story was written well. Rafe and Jamie were strong characters, their journey wasn't an easy one but they were stronger together. They were made for each other.
I enjoyed this story. Thank you, Leslie Georgeson. Great work :)
Jeanne Richardson
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book I've read written by Leslie Georgeson; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the characters.

Jeanne Kotsios
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book hooked me from the get go I just couldn’t put it down I fell in love with these characters and omg what a story just a perfect

I received a free copy of this book via booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review
Kenneth Lingenfelter
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great novel. A follow up to "The Mocking Man". Rafael's cartel head father is dead. Rafael becomes the new head of the cartel. He falls for a detective Jamie who he tries to keep her away so he can put his plan into action. This is a page turner thriller and love story.
Elvira
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Overall a great read. I had a great time reading this book and getting to know the well developed characters. The storyline flowed smoothly from beginning to the end.

R
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really, REALLY good! This was even better than the Pact #1, which was good, but not great ~ while there were a couple of glitches in flow the pacing was good and the characters are REAL. That's what I truly love about these books: the characters have become REAL, with real hangups/issues/problems/questions ~ the plot is more than plausible ~ the arc is straightforward and doesn't deviate from wrapping it all up with a lovely HEA!

~ although now I'm kinda hoping for a the Pact #3 . . . . how do
Aaron  Polish
Sara
Rachel Griesmer
May 18, 2020

• The Inside Man (Dublin Nights, #4)
  • Cold Blooded (Gia Santella #10)
  • Bound by Lust: BWWM Book 1
  • The Undercover Bridesmaid
  • Pervade Duet: Pervade London & Pervade Montego Bay
  • On the Line (Dublin Nights, #2)
  • The Prize (The ICON Trilogy #3)
  • Black Widow (Gia Santella #4)
  • The Game (The ICON Trilogy, #2)
  • Never Look Back (Criminal Profiler, #3)
  • Gia Santella Crime Thriller Boxed Set: Books 1-3.5 (Gia Santella Crime Thrillers)
  • Gia Santella Crime Thriller Boxed Set: Books 1-3 (Gia Santella Crime Thrillers)
  • Tethered to the Dead (DS Lasser #3)
  • Shedding Skins (DS Lasser #20)
  • The Way That It Falls (DS Lasser #2)
  • The Chase
  • A Love Song for Liars (Rivals, #1)
  • Knotted by the Fae (Fae's Claim, #4)
Leslie Georgeson likes to skirt the boundaries between romance and suspense, sometimes tossing in a dash of sci-fi or paranormal to make things more interesting. She is the author of the popular military romantic suspense series, THE DREGS, which was nominated for the 2018 TopShelf Indie Book Awards. Her other titles include the THE PACT duet, the UNLIKELY HEROES series, the UNDERNEATH series, and ...more

The Pact (2 books)
  • The Mocking Man (The Pact #1)