Start by marking “The Black Fox (The Dirty Heroes Collection, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Black Fox (The Dirty Heroes Collection, #1)

The Black Fox

(The Dirty Heroes Collection #1)

For fifteen years I was the Black Fox, the hero of Spain, the good-luck devil. I made my enemies dance to my tune and fall to my sword.

The day must come when every hero hangs up his cape, and for me, it was the day I outsmarted the curse. I would not die for love, because I didn’t love the woman I married. Valeria Hernandez didn’t love me.

Then I met her. Lolita. Fresh fr
Published April 13th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Black Fox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Black Fox

Start your review of The Black Fox (The Dirty Heroes Collection, #1)
Melanie A. *mostly on hiatus*
3.5 STARS!
Beware the wicked stepfather. That's something the fairy tales leave out.
After an awkward start, The Black Fox turned out to be a nice little smutty read!
I can smell her innocence, just begging to be consumed.
Trigger warnings: (view spoiler)

Plot in a nutshell: There's something off about Lolita's new stepfather . . .

Ha! I'll leave it at that. But don't worry, she's of age.

So, as the story began, I thought the ev
Jen
I am a huge fan of Brianna Hale. I have always enjoyed what she writes, so when I saw this novella, I just had to give it a go. This is book #1 in the "Dirty Heroes Collection", and what intrigued me was the idea of a curse that is put on the heroes to make their dark sides come out and take over. Each book in this collection is written by a different author, and they all seem to be short stories as well.

"The Black Fox" has the Daddy kink theme, and not everyone enjoys that in their reads. I per
warhawke
Genre: Romantic Fantasy
Type: Standalone novella from The Dirty Heroes collection
POV: First Person – Dual
Rating:

For 15 years Zacharias hunted corrupt officials as the Black Fox and became the unsung hero for the Spanish people. It was finally time for him to sheath his sword and live a normal family life with his new wife. But temptation came in the form of a young woman ripe for the taking urging his cursed inner beast to break free.

The premise of a dark superhero Daddy certainly had me intr
Meredith
Feb 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Lolita and I are both silent over breakfast and the drive home. Lolita and I. Lolita and I. How I love the way that sounds. Valeria is quiet at first as well, nursing her hangover. Then the coffee kicks in and she rouses herself, and chatters ceaselessly about the ball. My sweet Lo has put on a pair of large, dark sunglasses and gazes out the passenger side window, sunk in thought. Every now and then she runs her thumbnail over her plump lower lip. Her swollen, thoroughly kissed lips that I c ...more
CC
4 ★

For years, Zacarias lived by the code of The Black Fox serving out vigilante justice and evading a longstanding curse. At 40 years old, Zacarias decides to retire his mask and cape to marry a wealthy woman despite not being in love. But then Zacarias sets his eyes on Lolita and she brings out his hidden self.

“Beware of the wicked stepfather. That’s something the fairytales leave out.”

With a setting is in Spain, it sets the landscape for a story blended with old world charm and modern time
JadeC
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-retellings
4 stars! DAMN i did not know this book was a re-telling of Zorro. (no wonder I was confused when the surprise came) it's a pretty short, interesting and steamy book added with a little witchcraft. but its kinda rushed especially with the last chapter and epilogue but i understand that it's a novella.

Zacarias is one hot masked hero! At 40, he wants to retire from his 'business' and his double life. Enters little Lolita (what a name😉), at 18 years, she idolises the Black Fox. (and might be a li
Steph's Romance Book Talk
3.5 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

The Black Fox is a dark fairytale retelling of Zorro.

Video review available in Week 20: May 10 – 16 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews, check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
Lana Reads
Jul 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020, kink
I expected a bit more from Ms. Hale. It was a nice idea, but very rashly executed and not all that steamy.
Oh well, I'm off to my next read.
Beneath The Covers Blog
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, sonal, 2020-reads
I have been a huge HUGE fan of Zorro ever since I was a kid and this book was just such a delight to read. A man who leads a double life as a simple man by day and a vigilante by night.

I was a bit confused by the climax so I had to read it all over again but I really liked the way this whole story was set up.

Black Fox is very different from anything I have read and that’s the absolute charm of Brianna Hale books. She is a master at writing amazing,out of the box stories.

Zacarais and Lolita are t
Darlene I read WAY to many books
Mirjam
Apr 21, 2020 rated it liked it

This is the retelling of Johnston McCulley's Zorro, but quite a naughty filled with haunting obsessions and forbidden desires.

Forty years old Zacarias is looking forward to a peaceful retirement with his new wife Valeria. But his plans are shot to hell when he meets his eighteen years old stepdaughter Lolita.

Although Zacarais and Lolita are the most unlikeliest pair, this will appeal to lovers of the dark and taboo daddy-kink with age-gap stories with a lot of sex.

Part of The Dirty Heroes Coll
Jessica {Litnoob}
Jul 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Interesting take

Old stories retold in a sexy way? I was totally down to try these and given that this was a novella to start with I wasn’t mad at it. Though this does have age play and cheating so I would keep that in mind if you are looking for a new series to start. Still it was clearly interesting as I finished it in a morning.
Diana * burningdesire_x3 *
Short and Steamy!
*arc generously provided by the promo team in exchange for an honest review*

What’s this book about? (I'm trying to give as little spoilers as possible)
A very steamy novel about a masked hero captivating the mind of a barely-of-age girl who also happens to be her stepdad. She doesn’t know that though.

This is my first Brianna Hale read. The Black Fox was a deliciously steamy novella! I loved the characters’ dynamics inside the family. Lolita was given a frame as a role and she bur
C.L. Matthews
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything I could have hope for and more. Zacharias and Lolita have nestled their way into my heart. I'm a sucker for steamy, hot, and daddy kink books, and this gave me that in heaps.

I devoured every word, sentence, and page. By the end, I was craving more of these two. Perfection. Absolute perfection.
RCK *don’t be all, like, uncool*
Not really my thing. Zorro type stuff with a curse.

Stars for the steam and somewhat possessive Hero.
oritty: books and i (tilayov)
92830104-10158134876862733-5418395612372533248-o

….hhh

"once upon a time a scorned queen opened a box. Unleashed horrible evil on the world heroes. Instead of gallantry and chivalry, they now possessed much more perverse traits. They've fallen victims to their darkest and most deviant desires. This is one of their stories"
You have to read this novella with an open mind because not only is this a taboo story but it also uses elements from stories we know since childhood, flips them up side down in a way that you sometimes have to blink – wha
Hanna's Book Obsession
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
{I received this as an ARC in exchange for an Honest review}

This was so good. I loved the plot. Brianna did such a good job with this dark daddy romance. The story gets better as it goes. I feel in love with these two. By the end my heart was beating so fast. These two lit up my kindle. It was dark and sexy and so mysterious. Zacarias is dark and a domineering. He scares Lolita in the best ways. As the Black Fox he can be sweet with Lo and as Zacarias he can be is dark daddy self. Lol
Kissimmee
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh gosh it went by so quick and I already miss Daddy 😭😭

Such a treat from Brianna Hale and Zacarias is a mouth-watering daddy 🤤🤤. This storyline was so fresh and spicy to read about. There are two sides to Zacarias and Lolita is in love with one while detesting the other. Lines blur and suddenly these two become exactly what one another need.

So. So. So. Hot. With a hint of mystery and old magic. Completely addicting.

5 stars!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
K.  Ramjohn
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Black Fox was a forbidden age-gap novella that will have you hooked until the end. This is the first book in the dirty heroes collection and it was short and fast paced with hott, steamy scenes. There was a kind of zorro feel to the story and I likes Zacarias dual personalities and the chemistry between him and Lolita. However I wished there was a bit more to the curse aspect of the story. If you love hott, daddy kink romance you will enjoy this one and I would recommend it to those looking ...more
Ren
Feb 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️-YesDaddy-Stars.

Even though I’ve come to love Brianna’s writing I was, to say the least, surprised by this novella.

If you are looking for a novella that is short, steamy and that contains an age gap this one is for you.
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
27034655-SX540-png

I have to say I had no idea what I was getting into when I started The Black Fox. I do not want to give anything away but OMG I highly enjoyed this book. The age gap, stepfather/stepdaughter troupe, and the secret life was so much fun to read.

Zacarias is a great character to read. He has such a great soul fighting the bad part of it. Which I mean doesn't that make a story good? He knows what he is doing is bad, but damn if he will change it. He wants Lolita with a passion he doesn't understand.
Melanie♥
Zorro retelling with a touch of paranormal.
Elizabeth
Mar 24, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a little confusing and I normally love Brianna Hale’s books, but there seemed to be a disconnect with this one. It is a cross between Zorro and Snow White or another fairytale with the wicked queen and a curse. The ending was much more what I would expect and was very sweet and it is a shame the rest of the book was not as good.
Jess *lovetolovebooks*
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
Flashback to teenage Jess watching Zorro for the first time (the Antonio Banderas one). She was oddly fascinated by the masked vigilante. She wondered what would happen if he snuck into her room at night, maybe order her to her knees, and do filthy things to her.
Cut back to the present and Brianna Hale delivered my fantasies in all his dark, tall, and handsome Daddy form. I can't be the only one with dirty Zorro fantasies. If you suffer from these afflictions as well, you need to read this book.
Thea™
Apr 27, 2020 marked it as 5-tbr-ooit
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

The DIRTY HEROES COLLECTION (https://www.goodreads.com/series/288664)
Fourteen standalone novels which each follow a well-known hero from favorite Disney classics.

01. The Black Fox (Zorro)
02. Finding His Strength
12. The Masked Prince
13. Hunted
14. The
April Symes
The Black Fox by Brianna Hale is intense, amazing, and is steamy. It's a forbidden love, daddy kink age gap romance that tempts, enthralls, seduces with the masked vigilante The Black Fox aka Zacarias. He had a curse placed on him so he married a woman who had a teenage daughter named Lolita who is 18. Thing is, he falls for the daughter and the curse is activated. What a sizzling twisted modern take on an old classic story ( Zorro). The chemistry is spot on and the bad guys/gals is super devili ...more
Gavinsmommaloves2read
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this dirty hero book and honestly can't wait to read more from the series. The black fox is basically a masked super hero keeping the crime and couruption out of his town. But he has been cursed that falling in love will kill him. So believing by marring someone he doesn't love he can beat the curse. So he stops being The Black Fox and just becomes Zacaris . What he didn't count on was his new wife beautiful daughter Lolita. I love the good and Dark siders to Zacaris. A definite must rea ...more
Kinky Minx
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you to the publisher for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I love love love this story a lot, the plot goes smoothly and very entertaining.
Filled with steamy hot sex and fulfil readers with daddy issues.
Highly recommended.

Pamela
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Zacharias has decided at the age of forty to put his identity as the Black Fox of Spain aside for a married life with a wife he doesn't love. He meets Lolita and the Daddy side of him comes out for her. This is a steamy, kinky romance with cheating and an age gap. I loved it. ...more
Holly Gill
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a amazing start to this epic collection in the dirty heroes! How hot can a novella be? Wowsers I totally loved this scorching read! Fantastic! I recommend this with no hesitation! Quick read, fast storyline and a page turner!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)
  • Once a Myth (Goddess Isles, #1)
  • In Fury Lies Mischief (Midnight Mayhem, #2)
  • The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)
  • Ward (Dark Obsession Trilogy #1)
  • Your Dad Will Do (A Touch of Taboo #1)
  • Where the Lost Wander
  • This Is How I Lied
  • Deep Wood
  • His Prize Pupil
  • In His Custody
  • My Dad's Best Friend (A Touch of Taboo, #3)
  • Hop Stuff
  • Love Unexpected
  • Pretty Venom (Gray Springs University, #3)
  • Husky
  • Pretty, Dark and Dirty
  • Stealing My Best Friend (Lovers' Lane #1)
There's nothing Brianna Hale likes more than a large, stern alpha male with a super-protective and caring streak, and when she's not writing about them she can usually be found with a book, a cocktail, planning her next trip to a beautiful location or attending the theatre. She believes that pink and empowerment aren’t mutually exclusive, and everyday adventures are possible. Brianna lives in Lond ...more

The Dirty Heroes Collection (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Finding His Strength (The Dirty Heroes Collection, #2)
  • While She Sleeps
  • Bound in Sacrifice (The Dirty Heroes Collection #4)
  • Never Lost (The Dirty Heroes Collection #5)
  • The Curse Behind The Mask
  • Clockwork Stalker (The Dirty Heroes Collection, #7)
  • Kiss and Tell
  • Skeleton King
  • Make Me Real (The Dirty Heroes Collection #10)
  • Cruel Water: The Dirty Heros Collection Book 11