Start by marking “Titania Academy Book One: Faerie Misborn (Titania Academy series 1)” as Want to Read:
Titania Academy Book One: Faerie Misborn (Titania Academy series 1)

Titania Academy Book One: Faerie Misborn

(Titania Academy #1)

Called into the headmistress's office on the first day.
Wonderful.
--------------

Freezing cold winters, constant hunger: This was the life of a homeless orphan. This was my life. Then I got the letter.

I've been on the streets since I was born. It got very rough after my aunt got sick and died. But I made do.
The streets of New York city can very unforgiving, especially
Published October 22nd 2019 by Black Raven Books

To ask other readers questions about Titania Academy Book One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Titania Academy Book One

Start your review of Titania Academy Book One: Faerie Misborn (Titania Academy series 1)
Athena of Velaris
So, this book was really bad. Below is a list of things that went wrong:
1. There was absolutely NO world building.
2. The magic system was never explained.
3. The characters had literally no motivation.
4. The villains were obvious and had no reason to do the things they did.
5. The main character was an idiot.
6. All of the characters were one dimensional.
7. The plot was slow and obvious.
8. The relationships formed way too quickly.
9. The main character never went after things for herself and instead
Jypsy
Thank you Rockstar and the author for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

Titania Academy Book One:
Faerie Misborn
By: Samaire Provost

*REVIEW* 💖💖💖
A note about this review-I knew immediately that the target audience for this story is most likely young tween/teen girls. I read with that in mind, as if evaluating.
This story is cute and simple, albeit, too simplistic. In my opinion, the narrative structure needs some bulk added because it felt
Heather Yarber
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good Story Line - Easy to Read

The main characters background was very well developed. Interesting way to introduce the fae heritage of the main character. Hoping that the romance introduced will evolve to more than one love interest but that's just my love for reverse harems.
Tiera McMillian
Jun 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5ish stars. I think that I may be a little over the age of this target audience. If I'm honest, I kept waiting for a "time skip" to when our FMC is 18 or something so we could really get the story started. Unfortunately it just kept going with the 13 yo FMC who is both mature and at the same time seems really naive and immature... It was disconcerting to say the least. After the experiences the FMC has had at such a young age you would think she would be.. more advanced than the story allows h ...more
D. Messing
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a different, yet very familiar story all at the same time. I have read a lot of books with this general storyline, but this one had some pretty decent world building. It is a quick read, took me less than two hours, but it comes alive and is pretty decent. This is definitely a YA read, but it is a fun afternoon getaway. Thank you for the opportunity to review!
Krystal gaston
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book the ending was kind of abrupt but the characters and story flow were well written.
John Goldsberry
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I found it fun to read. I'm hardly the target audience being a more than adult male, but looking at this as what it is, a YA, or even a more advanced middle-grade reader novel, it has pretty much everything you need. Yes, it's not perfect, but it was a nice ride, and I found myself wanting to know where it goes next. If you have a young reader who's into fantasy, I think you would do well to introduce them to this one. ...more
lauren
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it
No for me

Not good. Very childish writing skills, matter fact I'm pretty sure a child actually wrote this. this book is a wanna be Harry potter but with fae instead. Nothing in this read made me take it serious. After hearing she was a fae out of wedlock I kinda started skipping pages reading here and there. It was cheesy and dorky and something my 11yr old might totally enjoy. The world building was weird, like it had to much, and when I mean to much, I mean everything going on makes zero sense
Pixel
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, at first I thought I was quite a bit older than the target audience for this book, but I felt the author really explored the MC very well and it felt very genuine to me. I saw another reviewer compare it to Harry Potter, but I felt that while there were some similarities, this book was more than 99% different. I have ordered copies for my nieces as I feel the MC character had quite a few lessons to teach my tweenie nieces. I would recommend this to pretty much anyone in the 12-99 demographi ...more
Pam Collins
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely magical read!

it is a very evocative read. The main character goes from abject poverty to this fantastical school, and tho adversity plagues her, she starts to gather true friends and family. Provost writes of the homeless in a kind and understanding way, no judgements for what these ppl have to do to survive. The magical world Holly is introduced to is filled with wondrous creatures and some villainous ppl. I am eager to read more of Holly's story. Enjoy!
M Keefe
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read

Was leery about the purchase but it was well worth the read. Some parts frustrated like being kept in the dark about ones history. I cried for the young girls harsh upbringing and was sorrowful for her deep loss. I wanted to run out, grab every homeless child and drag them home to feed and shelter them. I cheered her strength, applauded her friends and wait in anticipation for her next battle. Well done.
Stephen Provost
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun and fast-paced read with an exciting plot and a strong, likable protagonist. The fact that she’s a homeless teen living on the streets when we meet her adds depth to the story that some similar books lack. Faerie Misborn is like Mean Girls meets Harry Potter, but with a unique charm all its own. Looking forward to future installments.
Nuance
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Faerie mayhem

Needs some questions answered and I would have preferred our heroine to be a tad older before adding the element of romance. Still I was entertained by a fresh take on fae society and will look forward to the next book offering a little more than a glimpse.
Though I could not offer five stars it was a fair start to a new series.
Carman Townsend Welsch
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holly is awesome

I am very happy I read this book . Holly is different from what I've read before , she didn't jump right into a relationship with any boys . She was true to herself and paid attention to her own feelings . I will be rereading this story .
Naomi (they/them)
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: yava
I quite enjoyed this book, particularly after looking forward to it for months. Holly seemed pretty believable as a character, growing up on the streets she's hardened and wary. I'm looking forward to following her story in her coming school years. ...more
Kristina Bow
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quite engaging!

This story draws you in, makes you a part of the story and guides you along. Very captivating, magical, and beautifully detailed. Looking forward to more in the series!
Alexandria
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love!

I absolutely loved this book. I wasn’t sure at first when I learned how old she was, because I would have like her to be a bit older, but I fell in love. Great book put together very nicely. As you keep reading you just can’t seem to stop.
Larry Bos
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet and entertaining

This book is suitable for young teens and I believe the girls will love it. A Cinderella who grew up homeless learns her father is a king.
Margie Murrow
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed

I really liked this book. There were a few big editing mistakes but the story was great. I liked that the end result was happy. No spoilers from me but a good read.
nicole
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Absolutely loved it can't wait for the next book. Loved all the characters. Great story, great action absolutely fantastic read.
Sammy
May 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Not great but I atleast fmwas able to finish it.

This book, was a little childish for my tastes, I get that the main character is 13, but her mentality is much younger. I found myself constantly rolling my eyes and skipping paragraphs for the absurdity of the situations.
Having had a difficult childhood myself I found this character to soft to be a kid brought up on the streets. To trusting to naive. Living on the streets should have given her a lot more knowledge of people than she had. She comes
Colleen Johnson
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it the second time too

Now to be truthful this book is not without a terrible amount of little editing goofs but I loved it when I first read it quite some time ago and I love it even more the second read through. Everything is told in vivid details and with honest emotions unlike too many books out there that I couldn’t get past the middle. Details matter. I liked finding out all the places she went to and how life was and now is for Holly. She is a fantastic heroine and the magic is excep
Christina Chavis
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
Ok but.......

The book to me was ok. I was elected confused 😕😕😕 in some parts of the story. Like in the beginning when telling the story of Holly's mother and father they said her aunt told the people she was billy's mother's sister but when she was telling the story to her father she said her aunt told the doctors she was billy's mother's aunt. Then there was the part where she was kissing the boy that she knew her best friend had a crush on. Like her friend meant nothing. It really had me upset
Lora Jones
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great

I picked this because of the very well introduction.. Made you know that this girl was more and trouble was to come with her.
I love the fact she was okay with what ever type of person she encounters. It was like okay have seen that before but lets just run with.
I would very much recommend this book if your interested i seeing a young lady that has no clue about her life fights so hard to make sence of things and understand it.
Janina M. Perez
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lovely story

At its best when describing life in the streets for a homeless orphan. Good premise for a series, great ideas. I hope the author doesn't loose that edge, that could elevate this book beyond cozy or juvenile elementary school writing. Poignant. I am looking forward to reading your next book👍👍👍👍💗
Avid
Sep 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: try-again
DNF at 20%. I really wanted to like this novel, but I just could not get into it. The characters were annoying. The story didn't look to be going anywhere anytime soon. While the setup was intriguing, it felt like things were just meandering. I'll put it on my "try again" list in case I just have a bad attitude and the book is not the culprit. ...more
Nicole Hoffman
Mar 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Inconsistent

There were many places where facts and information was changed such as how long after birth her mom passed. Where she was born. Who showed Clare the tunnels. Where they lived the first year of her life.
Samaire Wynne
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Loved this tale of a homeless teen discovering she’s a part of the faerie realm!

I zipped through this book in a day and a half. I could not put it down.
I immediately bought the second, and read it just as fast. This story is irresistible. I’ve already pre-ordered book 3!
Michelle
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, entertaining

This was a beautiful and fantastic story. It starts out heartbreaking and leads to adventure and drama. Holly is a wonderful character that I can't wait to see how she'll grow, emotionally and physically.
Carla
Jun 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Okay

I liked the concept of the story but overall it wasn't my favourite! It felt a bit repetitive with the woods and I thought the storyline was way too predictable from the beginning. Before half way I could of guessed how it was going to end, it wasn't very exciting.

• Outling (Crystal Wing Academy, #1)
  • Dragonsworn (Crystal Wing Academy, #2)
  • Unraveler (Crystal Wing Academy, #3)
  • Hybrid Academy: Year One
  • Paranormal Academy Book 1: Magic 101
  • Bloodline Academy (Bloodline Academy, #1)
  • Legacy Academy: Year Two (Legacy Academy, #2)
  • Magic Bound (Ravencrest Academy, #1)
  • Druid Magic (Druid Academy, #1)
  • Fae Rose Academy: Year One  (For The Purely Divine #1)
  • Legacy Academy: Year One (Legacy Academy, #1)
  • Firstborn Academy: Shadow Reaper
  • Bloodline Diplomacy (Bloodline Academy, #3)
  • Fire & Flood (Mythverse #1)
  • Werewolf Academy: Year One
  • Pillage & Plague (Mythverse #2)
  • Unleashing Trials: Year 1 (Academy of Sorcery #1)
  • Bloodline Secrecy (Bloodline Academy, #2)
Samaire Wynne grew up in a lot of different places, and now happily resides on the
East Coast of America, laboring away at writing stories every day. She is an animal lover with far too many pets, yet she still muses how she’d like to add even more. A lover of all things night and gothic, she also loves to read and reread her favorite books. Owned by a cat named Tyrion, she can be found haunting th

Titania Academy (7 books)
  • Faerie Elemental (Titania Academy Book 2)
  • Faerie Born (Titania Academy Book 3)
  • Faerie War (Titania Academy Book 4)
  • Faerie Devastation (Titania Academy Book 5)
  • Faerie Crossroads (Titania Academy Book 6)
  • Faerie Oblivion (Titania Academy Book 7)

News & Interviews

Nature, in Her infinite awesomeness, can provide solace even when you’re stuck in the house. As a matter of fact, the numbers suggest that...