Start by marking “Salep and Ginger” as Want to Read:
Salep and Ginger

Salep and Ginger

Ginger Knox thought she was living her best rom-com life. She had the job, the apartment in Notting Hill (adjacent), and an honest to God Hemsworth clone for a fiancé, but when she arrived home one surprisingly sunny February afternoon to catch her man with his tighty whitey’s around his ankles and his secretary *insert eye roll here* in their bed, the tenuous facade of he ...more
Published August 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Salep and Ginger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Salep and Ginger

Start your review of Salep and Ginger
Anita Kirk
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book has got brilliant in detail information, very raunchy and enjoyable. I would definitely recommend this book. I had to go and cuddle my partner, because it has got very sexy bits. I would highly recommend reading this book. Author Anita Kirk.
PS
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awwww - a great read!

Salep and Ginger by Jane Gundogan is a great read. It’s really sweet, full of ‘kismet’, family and love. It’s definitely spicy in parts, sad in others. I found her characters interesting and funny, honest and different and the story line was detailed but flowed effortlessly. It’s an enjoyable read and I’ll certainly be keeping an eye on this emerging author. And now I want to go visit Turkey! Thanks for the recommendation MoMo!
Amanda Sheridan
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve never been a fan of rom-coms. Not for any reason, they just didn’t appeal to me. But Salep and Ginger blew me off my feet. It is funny, sad and incredibly erotic in all the right places.
Ginger is the perfect rom-com heroine. Occasionally clumsy, loves to drink, hates cold weather and searching for Mr. Right. Her mates are excellent in their supporting roles and there is a scoundrel waiting in the wings, a love rival and possibly the MOHD.
Will she find him and live happily ever after? BUY Sa
Coco.V
Apr 07, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/7/2020)! 🎁
Roxy
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-erotica
Ginger thought her life was like the perfect rom-com with the hot fiance, an exciting relocation to London, and a new job in a law firm. But her happy illusion is shattered when she catches her man being the ultimate cliché, getting very personal with his personal assistant.
Her law firm buddies coax her out for a night on the town where she falls at the feet of the perfect guy, although as the night progresses she discovers something that makes her think he is just another douchebag and walks a
Lisa Morrow
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Ginger in this story is an upfront “take me as you find me” kind of Australian woman living in London, who discovers that wearing her heart on her sleeve gets her nothing more than an unfaithful fiancé and a life in tatters. Despite the best efforts of her English friends to heal her broken heart, a call from home wins out. However when her flight gets held over in Istanbul, everything changes in an instant.

A Turkish heart throb (re)enters Ginger’s life, ramping up the heat big time in this
Deniz Caliskan
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Just an enjoyable and easy read. Get comfy and let yourself get lost in this laugh out loud fantasy fiction. I finished it in two sittings. I found myself thinking about the next free time i could get to see what happened next. You find yourself really relating to Ginger Knox and perhaps living/imagining just a little vicariously.
Nony
Oct 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Salep and Ginger by the author Jane Gundogan is an intriguing read. I love romcom stories and movies. It's my favorite genre. This story is in the style of Notting Hill and Sleepless in Seattle. Story starts with Ginger at home and she wanted to spend a New Year Eve by lying in her sofa and munching on pizza. When her best friend Tash invited her to party where there will be famous Sydney fireworks and all the fun, she couldn't say no to her friend.

So, Ginger went for the party. Her eyes fell o
Amy Johnson
Nov 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ginger’s love life is perfect— at least by her rom-com standards. Living in Notting Hill (adjacent) and engaged to Henry Hennesee (a bonafide Chris Hemsworth clone), she can’t see things being much better!

Or much worse…

When Ginger finds Henry face down in his PA, the dominos leading to her HEA start to collapse. Then Aydin falls into her life— exotic and gorgeous and all sorts of breathtaking. If she can survive through the hurricane Aydin brings with him, she might come out the other end with h
Theresa Papa
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Theresa Papa
Review for Salep and Ginger by Jane Gundogan
★★★★★

This story took me into a world I’ve never experienced with the sights and heritage of the Turkish community in Istanbul. I relished the traditions of Adyin’s family and the way they welcomed Ginger with open arms. I never knew how similar they are to my Italian heritage in that way. And the food too, oh boy!
Poor Ginger just can’t catch a break from the beginning of the story. Every reader can sympathize with her and the unfortunate ci
Kelly J Woodworth
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was easy to get lost in the magic of this romance

Ginger wants a happily ever after as portrayed in many fairy tales. It’s her dream to have a prince charming in her life. Unlucky for Ginger, her princes have not been all that charming. She will have to work for it in this story about finding love in this romantic tale filled with drama and humor. Ginger’s antics gave this story some hilarious qualities, along with the other supporting characters’ humor. The author’s setting of Turkey include
Jane Desfosse
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious, Hot, and Steamy Romance!

I loved Salep and Ginger! Couldn't put this book down!
Jane Gundogan is a talented story teller. Just the right amount of angst, romcom funny stuff, and beautiful men. The characters were all interesting and well developed. As I was reading, I felt like I stepped into Ginger's shoes and could feel the emotions of everything she was going through. The things Ginger said and did truly had me laughing my head off!
I also loved the tension in this book! It was high s
Onia Fox
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have a close and personal connection to Turkey, so there was always a good chance this book would be a winner!
I have one slight criticism, that I will come to shortly.
But first - The book has a lovely pace to it, fast, easy to read and not a word wasted. There are so many funny one liners; I must see if Jane does stand-up! Despite the humour, and there is lots of it, there are also some serious moments that offer contrast - one or two are quite dark.
The book is seriously sexy, the author has
Linda Hehir
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Romantic mistakes and love.

Ginger an Australian moves to London to be with her boyfriend/fiance. Her life is turned upside down when she catches him cheating on her. Her best friends support her through the breakup and introduce her to Alden. After heated and erotic night they were not to meet again until her holiday flight back home was grounded in Turkey. The electricity flowed between them on this second meeting, however an ex-wife's jealousy and possessiveness thwarted their relationship. T
Lauren Kilinc
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Turkish delight

I cannot give this book enough stars.

Its witty and engaging from the first line. Ginger is a fiesty rom com addict left broken and Aydin is the exotic stranger.

Kismet is truly at play with this epic love story. With plenty of sass and a ton of drama the story shows a true and real depiction of cosmic romance. I was gripped until the last page and truly rooting for the Bridget jones esq Ginger.

The story is incredibly well written and the sexy scenes are perfectly distributed wi
Julia Cowan
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. It’s a great read and I finished it within a couple of days.

Ginger is still recovering from her recent break up with her fiancé, Henry. She meets Salep and then ends up stranded in Turkey whilst travelling to Australia. I enjoyed the touches that show the author clearly knows her locations.

The tension between Salep and Ginger is tense and carries the plot along nicely. This book reads well as told in the first person by Ginger. Her tone is friendly and comical.

Is t
Dakota Voss
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was a wonderful work of art. I love romance, and I especially love romance that is well-written, witty, and has just the right amount of heat. The characters make it all come alive. The setting was captivating. It is not an easy feat to incorporate humor throughout a story, but this author did it with class. I can tell you one thing, I’ll never be looking at Chris Hemsworth the same!
Kathy Aronoff
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
A quirky different romance with an education in all things Turkish. Very enjoyable and fun leaning into the rom-com genre with Ginger Knox as the h who wishes for her own romance movie life. Enter Aydin Kaya, the love at first sight on his part swoon-worthy Hero, although he is keeping major secrets. I would have loved to give this a 5 star rating except I felt the ending was kinda rushed with a major issue being magically resolved.
Wendy Harber Booth
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read Salep and Ginger in just a few sittings. I would have read in one sitting if not so busy. It was difficult to put down, when I had to. I really appreciate the humor peppered throughout the book and I found I could connect with Ginger Knox and her struggle to give in to love. This book is a definite read if you're looking for a realistic romantic comedy with an entertaining account of finding love.
Reta Hampton
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Great Romance Read to Escape to Turkey

Married to a Turk myself, if was a great surprise to read a romance based in the city I love. The food descriptions and Turkish language additions were accurate and added authenticity to the story. A great story line. Look forward to the next one.
Sarah Jayne Harry
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I couldn’t put it down until I found out what happened next. Salep and Ginger is an honest and realistic romance with just the right amount of suspense. I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a story about love, friendship, and family.

You can read my full review over on my blog:
Karli
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was lighthearted, un-put-downable, FUN!! A well-written, perfect blend of all things romantic, sweet, funny (hilarious, really), swoony, witty, steamy, with just enough tender, deeper moments to make my heart squeeze.

It was just one winning line after another. I swear to freaking God, more than half my book is highlighted. No joke!!
shelly moses
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rom-com delight

This book gave me butterflies. It would be an instant box office smash. Aydin and Ginger are so hot and steamy but oh so sweet. And I love that sometimes the person that we think is the leading man is really just a placeholder for the real star. If you like romance (which I do) and comedy then you should definitely read this book.
Sionna Trenz
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The story was so engaging, written from the POV of the main female character. Ginger has such an funny, sarcastic and engaging personality, it made me feel I was listening to one of my friends. This was such a sweet, lovely story to read on a cold, slightly dreary day. Definitely worth it!!
Samantha Evans
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a beautiful, and well-done book. It is interesting to read about the country of Turkey. It was easy to imagine Ginger while reading this book. It was such a beautiful romance that happened between both of them. It took a few days but when I finished the book I was like wow! I will not say much because I might spoil it! It is well-formatted, and very easy to read.
Eva Winners
Aug 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED, LOVED this book! Ginger made me laugh out loud. I devoured this book, couldn’t put it down. Ginger’s personality reminded me of Bridget Jones but even funnier. This author has gained another fan!
Billie Kermack
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Salep & ginger was a book that I couldn’t put down with characters you can fall in love with. It’s the perfect accompaniment to a glass of wine. Described beautifully and just the right amount of steamy exploits. Looking forward to more from this author.
Asha Gonzalez
Sep 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A romantic comedy which keeps you eager for more. Ginger represents a pineapple if I may add, rough on the outside with a touch of sweet on the inside, as she tries to play tough through her heart broken moments. Enjoyed reading! And is awaitng more from you Jane!
Catherine
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Engaging, steamy and hilarious.

An original and highly entertaining romcom which will have you captivated and laughing out loud. Author Jane Gundogan is a gifted storyteller with a steamy and hilarious imagination. Highly recommend! Can't wait to read more from her.
Andrea LeCras
Oct 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
"Between Sydney, London and Istanbul, Ginger was resigned to the fact that she may never get her Happily Ever After, but what about her Happily Right Now?" Really enjoyed this. Very emotional. Very worldly.

• Watching Over You
  • Lads Reunited: A funny, hilarious laugh out loud page turner
  • Drunkface: 5 Deliciously Dark Short Stories
  • Ella (The Land of the Four #1)
  • Stars Shine Only in the Darkness : Inspirational Stories From Everyday Life
  • Reliance (Powerless Earth #1)
  • Blood Brothers (The Land of the Four #2)
  • The Book, the Wand, the Magic
  • Almighty: Allmachtig
  • Behaving Badly: 5 Deliciously Dark Short Stories
  • The Sensorians: Awakening
  • A Sh*t Load Of Dad Jokes!: To Take a Poo To!
  • Covid Blues And Twos: Lockdown Erotica (Jessica Taylor)
  • Be a Superhero in the Kitchen: a children's cookbook
  • Bring Our Children Home: One Agent's Quest To Rescue Trafficing Victims and End Modern Slavery in America's Heartland
  • The Old Coal Miner's Lamp