Start by marking “Salep and Ginger” as Want to Read:
Salep and Ginger

Salep and Ginger

Ginger Knox thought she was living her best rom-com life. She had the job, the apartment in Notting Hill (adjacent), and an honest to God Hemsworth clone for a fiancé, but when she arrived home one surprisingly sunny February afternoon to catch her man with his tighty whiteys around his ankles and his secretary *insert eye roll here* in their bed, the tenuous facade of her ...more
Published August 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Salep and Ginger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Salep and Ginger

Start your review of Salep and Ginger
PS
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awwww - a great read!

Salep and Ginger by Jane Gundogan is a great read. Its really sweet, full of kismet, family and love. Its definitely spicy in parts, sad in others. I found her characters interesting and funny, honest and different and the story line was detailed but flowed effortlessly. Its an enjoyable read and Ill certainly be keeping an eye on this emerging author. And now I want to go visit Turkey! Thanks for the recommendation MoMo!
Roxy
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-erotica
Ginger thought her life was like the perfect rom-com with the hot fiance, an exciting relocation to London, and a new job in a law firm. But her happy illusion is shattered when she catches her man being the ultimate cliché, getting very personal with his personal assistant.
Her law firm buddies coax her out for a night on the town where she falls at the feet of the perfect guy, although as the night progresses she discovers something that makes her think he is just another douchebag and walks
Deniz Caliskan
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Just an enjoyable and easy read. Get comfy and let yourself get lost in this laugh out loud fantasy fiction. I finished it in two sittings. I found myself thinking about the next free time i could get to see what happened next. You find yourself really relating to Ginger Knox and perhaps living/imagining just a little vicariously.
Lisa Morrow
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Ginger in this story is an upfront take me as you find me kind of Australian woman living in London, who discovers that wearing her heart on her sleeve gets her nothing more than an unfaithful fiancé and a life in tatters. Despite the best efforts of her English friends to heal her broken heart, a call from home wins out. However when her flight gets held over in Istanbul, everything changes in an instant.

A Turkish heart throb (re)enters Gingers life, ramping up the heat big time in this
Jane Desfosse'
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious, Hot, and Steamy Romance!

I loved Salep and Ginger! Couldn't put this book down!
Jane Gundogan is a talented story teller. Just the right amount of angst, romcom funny stuff, and beautiful men. The characters were all interesting and well developed. As I was reading, I felt like I stepped into Ginger's shoes and could feel the emotions of everything she was going through. The things Ginger said and did truly had me laughing my head off!
I also loved the tension in this book! It was high
Reta Hampton
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Great Romance Read to Escape to Turkey

Married to a Turk myself, if was a great surprise to read a romance based in the city I love. The food descriptions and Turkish language additions were accurate and added authenticity to the story. A great story line. Look forward to the next one.
Wendy Harber Booth
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read Salep and Ginger in just a few sittings. I would have read in one sitting if not so busy. It was difficult to put down, when I had to. I really appreciate the humor peppered throughout the book and I found I could connect with Ginger Knox and her struggle to give in to love. This book is a definite read if you're looking for a realistic romantic comedy with an entertaining account of finding love.
Sarah Harry
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I couldnt put it down until I found out what happened next. Salep and Ginger is an honest and realistic romance with just the right amount of suspense. I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a story about love, friendship, and family.

You can read my full review over on my blog:
Miss Kathy E Jaloussis
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I first started to read Salep and Ginger, I thought it was going to be another romantic novel. How wrong was I!!! Just when I thought I knew what was coming next, another twist was thrown in and I could not put it down. The story is filled with a mix of love, friendship, courage, adventure, culture and taking a chance! The main female character reminded me of a very good friend of mine and I found myself smiling at different points in the book. A must read - one I would definitely ...more
Nicole Rothwell
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
wow...just wow...
Had me hooked from the 1st chapter. I loved everything about this book, the characters, the settings and the plot just made me want more more and more.
There was mixed emotions as I got towards the end half of me wanted it to carry on cause I was enjoying it so much and the other half was excited to know the outcome.
Totally recommend this book.
Ahlam
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very seductive and suspenseful at times. Loved the lighthearted and funny parts of the book. Ginger was a relatable character in the real world and I loved that about the story. It had bit of everything, some drama, action, playfulness, suspense and lets not forget the sexy steamy parts!!
BL Bradley
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The humor is spot on. Ginger is the kind of character that you instantly fall in love with. I read this book in a total of 5 hours, forcing myself to take breaks. It's a fast-paced, engaging, fun read. I highly recommend this book and look forward to future books by Jane!
Jo Jo
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jane Gundogan puts a hilarious spin on romance tropes in Salep and Ginger. The story begins when Ginger meets the man of her dreams in Australia. She uproots her life, follows him to England, and comes home to find him tangled up with his secretary. The laugh out loud scene still made me cheer for Ginger as she struck out on her own, only to land in a shabby apartment. But a new job came with a new batch of fantastic friends. Gingers love life bounces back with another meet cute Salep - a dream ...more
Sandra Aykut
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A quirky hilarious read about awkward Ginger who always seems to get her knickers in a twist (on and off) I lol multiple times and blushed more than once. Speaking about multiple times Ginger rocked Istanbul and her lover.
A great read especially for all the Turkey lovers out there.
Cindi Mercer
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I shouldn't have started this book when i went to bed, I couldn't put it down! it had me from cover to cover.It had laugh out loud moments and was easy to read. I loved it! I can't wait until Jane writes another book.
Christa Eker
Nov 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I saw the promotional social media and blog posts on this book and the potty mouth warnings so I figured it wasn't going to be a book I was going to buy but then a friend of mine sent a link to say it was on offer on amazon - free in fact and she was looking forward to reading it and curiousty got the better of me.

I started the book and told my friend that I thought it wasn't for me... 24 hours later I had finished the whole book and had to text her to admit, I'd enjoyed it and basically
Jillian James
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy wow!

This was an awesome read! I LOVED Ginny. She was fun and funny and sassy so that I felt like my best friend was talking to me throughout the entire story. This authors voice and ability to pull you in to a new world was wonderful (dont even get me started on all of the sexy, steamy scenes!)

5 stars and an author to follow!
Cris Olsen
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Witty, funny, sizzling hot, and one of the best love stories I've read in a long time.

Move over Alice Clayton, Jane Gundogan is on the scene! I never thought I'd find another romance that would make me laugh out loud, but Ms. Gundogan absolutely delivers! She has weaved together a story unlike any other! The best part is that it's a true love story. As a romance reader, I long for those heart palpitations when the leading man declares his love, those moments that the adrenaline shoots through my
Tiana
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From beginning to end this was a great read. Ginger is my spirit animal. Sassy and hilarious. And Aydin was a total babe.

Enjoyment: 5/5
Writing style: 4/5
Storyline: 4/5
Hero(es): 5/5
Heroine: 6/5
Secondary characters: 5/5 (where can I find friends like these?)
Hotness/steam: 6/5 (Burning up my kindle)
Romance: 4/5
Angst: 5/5
Darkness level: 2/5
Humor: 8/5
Depth of the book: 3/5
POV: heroine, 1st person
Deana Birch
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you like a Bridget Jones like voice in your heroines, this is a witty read for you!
Kate Curtis
Sep 29, 2019
christina manners
Nov 28, 2019
Faye Rogan
Feb 29, 2020
Jane Gundogan
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
sarah cimikoglu

• In the Unlikely Event
  • Expat Sofra: Culinary Tales of Foreign Women in Turkey
  • Wildland
  • Santa Strikes Back
  • The Hidden (Shadowed Wings, #1)
  • The Vine Cross ( Vine series #1)
  • The Stillwater Girls
  • Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
  • Jim & Martha: A Novel on Eco Living
  • Six Figure Blogging Blueprint: How to Start an Amazingly Profitable Blog in the Next 60 Days (Even If You Have No Experience) (Digital Marketing Mastery Book 3)
  • For Love Or Freedom