Start by marking “Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)” as Want to Read:
Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)

Baking Me Crazy

(Donner Bakery #1)

I'm Levi Buchanan, and until five years ago, I thought the legend of my family's curse was a load of crazy, Southern nonsense.

No curse can make you fall in love at first sight. No curse can force a true, deep, passionate, all-consuming love that will haunt you all the days of your life.

Then I met Jocelyn Abernathy and I realized how completely wrong I was.

The problem i

Published October 8th 2019 by Smartypants Romance

To ask other readers questions about Baking Me Crazy, please sign up.

Start your review of Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)
Penny Reid

** FREE BOOK **
AHHH! BAKING ME CRAZY by Karla Sorensen, is FREE! Grab it on Amazon for a VERY limited time. You don't want to miss this, go forth and READ <3

** LINKS **
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/33R7pqL
Amazon UK:https://amzn.to/31DvH67
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2MCwBLY
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/2P6Trgm

** BLURB **
I’m Levi Buchanan, and until five years ago, I thought the legend of my family’s curse was a load of crazy, Southern nonsense.

No curse can make you fall in love at first sight. No curse
Christy
4 stars

photo 325997F5-7BF4-42A4-8A64-8C6FCAD8D063_zpsswztcamt.jpg

Baking Me Crazy is my first book by Karla Sorensen and I enjoyed it so much. I love that it’s written in Penny Reid’s Green Valley World and Levi & Joss were such great characters. Their friends to lovers romance was a joy to read.

Levi Buchanan comes from a family that’s cursed. It’s a love curse and when you meet the one, you fall in love at first site. Levi never believed the curse to be true…until he laid eyes on Jocelyn Abernathy and fell hard.

Jocelyn was going through a lot wh
Jen
4 Stars!

"Levi Buchanan," I said. "It's nice to meet you, Joss."
Then, then she gave me a real smile—white teeth, pink lips, tiny dimple on the right side—and I never, ever got my heart back.

When Levi first met Joss as one of the coaches of her wheelchair basketball league, it was lights out, head over heels in love time. He didn’t care that she was sixteen and two years younger than him, he just knew the girl with the crazy curly hair and the snarky attitude was meant to be his. Fate can be a cr
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 stars

I adored Baking Me Crazy, I loved the romance so much!It is a friends to lovers romance which is set in the same universe as Penny Reid's Winston Brother Series.It was fast pace,heartwarming and sweet romance!

description

I'm in love with Levi and Joss.Their romance is sweet and cute.I loved their moments together and I have butterflies in my stomach with these two.I seriously couldn't get enough of them!

If you are looking for a swooning romance Levi and Joss are the perfect couple!

DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Joy's face morphed. Gone was the sweet, ebullient young woman who'd been my co-worker for the past couple of hours. Gone was the happiest person in the world. In her place was determined, scheming Joy. She narrowed her eyes, and I actually sat back in my chair from the force of it.

"There's a wild dog sitting outside." Her voice was shaky, but her eyes were unflinching. The skin around them was wrinkled and translucent, spotted with age. "Oh, that's my dog.”… "He looks scary." I s
preoccupiedbybooks
This was cute but a little bit boring, with a lack of romantic/sexual tension. I liked the main characters, and it was interesting reading about Joss's reality of living with a disability, but ultimately it was predictable.

-------------------------------------
This is free on Kindle and seems cute 🤞🤞
Adriana Locke
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm in that stage right now where life is cozy and wonderful. You know what I mean. It's called bliss—the happy sigh after you read something amazing.
Baking Me Crazy is ... well, what is it not? It's beautiful. It's thoughtful. It's so well-written that I'm jealous of Sorensen's pen. (Or fingers if I assume she typed this book. Anyway ...)
Each word was written with care. You can tell. This isn't a story strung together haphazardly while the author noshed on candy. I imagine her curled up on th
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

Baking Me Crazy is the story of Levi and Joss. Levi’s family has a curse, one that makes them fall in love at first sight. Five years ago Levi met Jocelyn and knew she was the one, but she wasn’t ready for a relationship and they became friends. Now when a handsome stranger makes some moves on Jocelyn, Levi realizes it’s time to make his move, or lose her forever.

I went into this book blind, with an open mind and it really paid off. I was skeptical about books written in Penny Reid’s u
maggieandteddy
I love Levi and Joss. I love this book.
This is the first book in the Smartypants spin off books (this one is from the Winston Bros' series).
I think that this can be a standalone book. There are a couple of very brief appearances from previous books. I really enjoyed Karla Sorensen's writing. I plan to read more of her books.
I love that Joss wasn't portrayed as a martyr or that she felt sorry for herself. Joss is still young but is determined to get on a path to do great things with what she has
Smartypants Romance

** FREEBIE **
For a VERY limited time, BAKING ME CRAZY by the awesomely talented Karla Sorensen, is FREE! This would be a great time to check out the Donner Bakery series if you haven’t already.

And if you HAVE experienced this sweet friends-to-lovers story, perhaps spread the Smartypants word to a book friend in need.

** LINKS **

I’m Levi Buchanan, and un
Curlyhairlass19
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
5 Brilliant Sonic stars for Baking Me Crazy!

"Patience is a virtue, Levi Buchanan." "And a virtue never hurt you..” My heart is a jumbled up mess of feels. This was absolutely the most perfect, slow burn best friends to lovers story that I’ve read in a long time. First of all, to be instantly teleported into Green Valley is always where I want to be. Donner’s bakery, and seeing Jennifer, Cletus and a couple new characters was simply fantastic.

Karla outdid herself with this story. The way she word
Kat
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
LOVED this book. Adorable voice. Great chemistry between the friends-to-lovers couple. Wonderful strong representation of a disabled character in a wheelchair in a romantic relationship. Joss got a virus when she was 14, and when it spread to her spine, loss sensation in her legs. Her best friend Levi fell in love with her the moment her saw her, but she wasn’t ready for a relationship back then. Years later, they’re still besties, but when another guy comes on the scene, does that change things ...more
Lana (Bibliomedico)
Check Out My full Review On The blog : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/20...
**************************
ARC provided by the publisher & Social Butterfly PR , Thanks for giving me the opportunity to read the book.
**************************
" Then ... Then she gave me a real smile - White teeth , Pink lips , Tiny dimple on the right side - and I never .. Ever got my heart back "

WOW ! Did I just Read all this Perfection ??!!

When I read the news of The Smarty Pants Romance new books from
lazybookconqueror
This book is just like a slice of Triple Chocolate Cake - comforting and oh so sweet.

Levi Buchanan didn't think that his family's ''curse'' to fall madly in all-consuming love only once in their lives was real - until he met Jocelyn Abernathy.

description

Jocelyn or Joss as she likes to be called wasn't having a great time when Levi saw her for the first time and asked her out on a date. She was still recovering from the consequences of Transverse Myelitis, an inflammation to the spinal cord that led her to
Becky
The good:

-I liked that the heroine is in a wheelchair, and it’s generally not told in a soap opera kind of way. She’s just trying to live her life like anybody else.

-Ummm...once they finally get together, Levi and Joss were cute.

The bad:

-This was really boring. Was there a plot?

-Levi’s supposed pining over Joss made no sense. He knew immediately that she was it for him, yet he kept dating other women. (It was unclear if he was also sleeping with them.) This strikes me as unfair both to his suppo
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
I love love love this book! The sweetness was perfection. A really good friends to lovers romance with those tender, achy, heartwarming feels that leave you giddy! I more than adored it and I just felt like Levi and Joss were everything!
Sharon
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars
Love the style, love the vibe, love Levi’s family, but not my cup of tea. However, I do have to give props on the representation of Transverse Myelitis – which quite frankly, I didn’t know anything about before, so I appreciate this book for opening my eyes.

In general, I like Joss’ character and learning her POV on having this disability. I also love that she’s introverted, sassy, and competitive.

Levi is nice, and a good best friend, but I did not like the romance. I really hate the friends-to
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
3.5-4 stars! This was my first Karla Sorensen book and I really enjoyed it. I’ll have to read more of her! This one is friends to lovers with disability rep.
Rachel
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

This was such an enjoyable read. The characters are well written, likeable and down to earth. Joss and Levi’s heartwarming story felt authentic and it had the perfect recipe for the makings of a delightfully entertaining romantic comedy: it was sweet, sexy and fun, with a smidge of angst thrown in for good measure.

This was my first Karla Sorensen read, but it certainly won’t be my last!

***ARC generously provided by Social Butterfly in exchange for an honest review***

#BakingMeCrazy
Syndi
Sep 13, 2020 rated it liked it
I picked up this book due to high positive vibe for Penny Reid's books. I also familiar with Miss Sorensen's work. Her last book is Focused, which I like.

Baking Me Crazy is, sadly, boring. To me it is more clean romance. I guess my problem is connecting with the push and pull between Levi and Joss. Levi waited for 5 years before he made a move to Joss.

I need some reason or plot why they can not move their romance faster. Somethibg angsty, dramatic, suspense, swoony wothy courting will also hel
Christy
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars. I loved the perfect Southern voices used in the Audio version. This was a sweet friends to lovers romance. The characters of Jocelyn and Levi were so awesome and well developed. I especially loved how the heroine of this story was completely different than the norm, with many physical obstacles to overcome.
julia ♥
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
read the full review on my blog!

"There is no crying in the bakery."

Take some of the best friends to lovers trope, add some of Penny Reid’s universe with a pinch of spicy scenes, and Voila, a perfect recipe! Baking Me Crazy has it all and more. I think I haven’t finished a romance book this quickly in a while, and it’s all thanks to Sorensen’s writing. Prior to starting this book, I was intrigued to see how this concept would work: different romance authors all writing within the same
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Jun 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: june-2020
Short and simple but I didn't really think this romance stood out! I really appreciated the disability rep though.
Kandi Steiner
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sorensen has the perfect recipe in Baking Me Crazy: start with a swoony book boyfriend, throw in a strong, empowered female lead, sprinkles of hilarious banter, just a dash of angst, and all baked up in the perfect small town. This wasn’t just a romance, it was a powerful, poignant and emotional read that pulled me in from the first word to the last. This was the romantic comedy I didn't know I was craving. I DEVOURED it. An absolute must read — and one you’re sure to never forget!
*The Angry Reader*
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, rona-reading
I enjoyed the hell out of this sweet easy book with a hero and heroine who were so damn fun. I loved the believability of their relationship road blocks. I couldn’t get enough of him. And finally a prickly heroine whose standoffishnness I could embrace! I thought the writing went down smooth and easy, and I struggled to put it down.

Such a treat. Pun intended.

Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: October 8, 2019
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

Friends to Lovers | Romantic Comedy

Baking Me Crazy is the first book in the Donner Bakery series. Each book can be read as complete standalones. I love the idea around this series. Each book comes from the Penny Reid Book Universe and readers who have read her novels with see some familiar characters within the books. For instance, Cletus Winston from BEARD SCIENCE makes a few minor appearances in this one. Not only that, when I first sa
Lee Ann
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Smartypants Romance debut novel is AMAZING!

When Penny Reid announced she was starting a new line called Smartypants Romance, and other authors would be writing novels in her Knitting In the City/Winston Brothers world, I was intrigued. I was also somewhat apprehensive because I wasn't sure that the other authors would maintain the Pennyverse that I had come to love. I should have had faith that Penny would not let that happen. If this first book is any indication of what's to come, we are al
Lady Heather
Publication date October 8, 2019

This is this first book published by SmartyPants Romance and it was such a joy to read this story.
I LOVE the friends-to-lovers trope!
Levi and Jocelyn were great characters.
I loved their chemistry, bantering and history.

Great start to a new series!

"I voluntarily read an ARC of this book which was provided by SocialButterflyPR in exchange for an honest review."
Aisling Zena
May 19, 2020 marked it as to-read
Free on Amazon at the time of posting

Izzie d
Oct 09, 2019 rated it liked it

• Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Beef Cake (Donner Baker, #4)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger, #2)
  • Carpentry and Cocktails (Green Valley Library, #5)
  • The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
  • Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)
  • Engagement and Espionage (Solving for Pie: Cletus and Jenn Mysteries Series, #1)
  • Cutie and the Beast (Cipher Office, #3)
  • Love in Deed (Green Valley Library #6)

Donner Bakery (5 books)
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)
  • Beef Cake (Donner Baker, #4)
  • Batter of Wits (Donner Bakery, #5)