Start by marking “Just a Boyfriend (End of the Line #2)” as Want to Read:
Just a Boyfriend (End of the Line #2)

Just a Boyfriend

(End of the Line #2)

The rules of love and second chances are due for a major-league shake-up in a warm, witty, and unpredictable romance by the bestselling author of The Friend Zone.

Ian “Bash” Sebastian and Ember Carlson were high school sweethearts…until their single parents got married. With one thorny twist of fate, a secret young crush went from on fire to off-limits. What could a new

Published January 7th 2020 by Montlake Romance

Start your review of Just a Boyfriend (End of the Line #2)
Christy
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

photo E5EEDBA2-ADD4-476D-84AD-9E80726592ED_zpsm5jnrdhy.png

Just a Boyfriendis the second book in Sariah Wilson's NA series 'End of the Line'. I really enjoyed the first book in this series, so I was excited to get to this one. I didn't love it quite as much as the first, but it was still really enjoyable read.

Ember and Bash fell in love in high school and were getting ready to go to prom together. That is, until their parents had a whirl wind romance and married only months after meeting. Neither parent knew Bash and Ember were dating, and Bash
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk

You’re like an addiction to me.
Only it’s not just physical, it’s in my soul.
On my heart.
I want you constantly.
I want you in my bed, in my life, all the time.
It feels like there’s never a point in time where I don’t think about you.
Want to kiss you. Hold you.
Wake up next to you.
I want to tell you every stupid thing that happens in my day.
When something makes me laugh, the first thing I think is “I can’t wait to tell Ember.”

That was actually the cutest moment ever.

Story
This was a
Ambriehl Khalil
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
[3/5 Stars]

I really really wanted to like this more than the first one because the first one bored me half to death, but unfortunately this was basically the same. There’s nothing wrong with it, like the plot is fine, the characters were fine. Everything was fine. It was just so boring for me. Nothing had me hooked, everything felt kinda flat and I didn’t care much about it. Decent but not incredible or memorable, ya know?
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I jumped at the chance to read this when I saw it up on Netgalley. Ms. Wilson is a favorite author of mine, the kind of author where I drop everything when she has a new book out! Once again, I was sucked into her world and couldn't put it down. Bash and Ember have a unique relationship and unique obstacles keeping them apart.

Since this doesn't release for a couple more months I'll keep my review short for now, but you'll want to mark your calendars for January 7, 2020!

Content: Pretty clean,
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
It's always a happy day with a happy dance when I get to read a new Sariah Wilson book! And that's what this book made me- happy, happy, happy. It was flirty and fun but not without it's more serious issues. The characters do struggle a bit with outside issues and they also struggle between themselves but it never became greater or more oppressive than the love and attractions swirling around them from the very beginning. Have I ever mentioned how much I love swirling love and attractions? Yum. ...more
Christina
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s always a good day when a new Sariah Wilson book comes out. I absolutely love her writing style, her intense (yet still clean) romances, the depth she puts into her characterization, and the fun comedic relief that many of her characters contribute to the story (so many times I caught myself literally laughing out loud). This book was no different and kept me reading way late into the night.

I loved Ember and Bash as protagonists. They both had some really great qualities in them- loyalty,
Christina
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Melissa
Well this one was interesting. I have loved her new series and this one was fun to read but not a favorite of mine in this new group of books. The Struck series were all like eating chocolate cake for me and the last one of this series was great. We get a peek at how that couple is doing in this book because Bash and he are roommates. Bash and Ember have some serious chemistry. From the first pages they emitted heat from my kindle. I was wondering where the love was but it does show up and I was ...more
Lucinda
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one was so good!

What an impossible situation for Bash and Ember, to be dating already and then their parents (her mom, his dad) get married to each other. The family dynamics change and expectations change as well.

Thinking he's doing the best for everyone involved, Bash leaves.

It's now been 5 (or 6) years and Bash and Ember as back in each other's lives. They try to go on with just a friendship, but they soon find out they can't.

I didn't think it was fair of Bash's father to ask what he
Alison
DNF at 50%.

Bash and Ember were passionately in love, until their single parents also fell in love and got married. Now four years later they have done everything in their power to stay far far away from each other until circumstances conspire to bring Bash back to Seattle and EOL college with Ember.

There's angst up the wazoo, step-sibling love, mother with cancer, other mother with drug addiction issues, Bash getting kicked off the football squad for recreational drug use, depression, and more.

Tracy  C
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy reading Sariah Wilson. Its a nice departure to have a good, clean romance. Bash and Ember wound up in quite a predicament. I kind of got why they did not disclose their past, but at the same time, it would have alleviated some drama. Also, I felt like Bash was missing that spark of humor he had in Logan and Jesse's book. He was my favorite part and this felt like a different character. All in all thought, a nice read.
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s

Just a Boyfriend is part second chance romance, part step sibling love, and a dash of college athlete lust! I loved book 1 in the series, The Friend Zone, so I was super excited for Bash's story.

Bash and Ember had a sweet high school romance that was spoiled by her mother falling in love with Bash's father and running off to elope. Their shot at romance dies and Bash moves to PA to get away from the torture of having to live in the same house with the girl he loves. Fast forward a few years
Mara
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
4.5 stars rounded up.

When I saw this latest book by Sariah Wilson was available on NetGalley I immediately requested to read it, as I loved the previous book in this series. If you read The Friend Zone you may remember Logan's roommate Bash. Well this is his story.

Bash and Ember have so much chemistry, even when they're trying to avoid to being around each other people think they're a couple. One way Bash and Ember try to deal with not dating each other is to find dates for each other, then go
Victoria Maxwell
Jan 10, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
**NOT SUITABLE FOR VEGANS**

(This book should come with this warning imho)

I'm pretty sure I gave the first book in this series five stars. It was such a great read, not what I'd usually pick up, but I got majorly hooked! I actually pre-ordered this second book right after as I loved the first one so much!

And this book certainly had potential and I was really enjoying it... until Woodsey the vegetarian shows up and our protagonists start giving him a huge amount of sh** for it.

Like majorly, not
P
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5

Kind of disappointed in this one, I liked the actual story but cannot stand that the author went the “safe” route instead of giving us information about her characters. The background in a “second chance” romance is really important to show how sincere the characters are about each other. The characters he hawed so much about whether they had been with anyone else during the break. It kind of became and obsession for me and frustrated from the plot. The heroine was obviously a virgin in High
Katie W
Deliciously Swoony!

It truly takes talent to weave an unforgettable swoony romance filled with humor and mix it with an impossible family situation, that could be icky, but definitely isn't in this case, and this author has it.

Bash and Ember have some very tricky hurdles to tackle, especially as they each realize that the sizzle and fire is still alive and well after several years apart, which makes it impossible to be friends, let alone stay apart any longer. I loved watching the characters
Beth
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
book 2 in the series. i have read book 1 ... i did win this in a giveaway ... great characters ... love the name Bash ... well written .. will hold your interest. check it out. i see another one in this series is coming soon.
Princess
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this in exchange for my honest review. Another sweet book by Sariah! Ember and Bash were in love in high school. Their parents meet and also fall in love and get married. Bash leaves so his father can be happy with his new wife but he never gets over Ember. This is a story of two very hurt and damaged people working their way back to each other.
 The Flipped Page (Susan K)
Romance, clean although PG-13 for some intense kissing and situations; Second in a series but stand alone read.
Another fun romantic sports novel with a perfect romance for two step siblings. EOL, End of the Line brings back 'Bash' into his family home that includes step parent and siblings, including Ember, a high school crush who became off limits as a new step sibling 4 years prior. As these two both fight their feelings, disappointments, worries, and combustible attraction for each other and
Linda Quick
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another winner! Once more, the author has created a wonderful young love romance. In this book, Ember and Bash are ripped apart suddenly when their parents elope and their budding romance becomes illicit. There is significant angst throughout the book as Ember and Bash struggle with their own issues as they try to fit into their new reality.

Their romance is very sweet and full of promise, until it can't exist. As they struggle through this, clinical depression, drug abuse, and broken families
Lissa Hawley
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My reaction to this book, as to all Sariah Wilson books is "who needs sleep?"
Bash (best name ever!) is swoony and awesome and Ember (equally awesome name, same as my first pony) is well rounded and worthy of swoony Bash.

There are a few deeper themes in this book about mental health, addiction and such. Which while not exactly usual from this author, were well done and fit the story.

Recommended.
Toni Shiloh
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
The witty banter in Just a Boyfriend is a signature move of Ms. Wilson. In fact, it's one reason I continue to read her books. I love the rapid dialogue between the hero and heroine. And there are some great secondary characters that add to the humor.

Plus, I was happy to see my faves from book 1 in the series.

A great, quick romantic read.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher via NetGalley. My review was not required nor influenced.
Charissa
Another fun romance by Sariah Wilson. Bash (Ian Sebastian) returns to town and everyone is excited. Everyone except for Ember, his once-upon-a-time secret girlfriend in high school who thought Bash was her forever right up until she told him she loved him, their parents eloped and made her his step-sister, and he moved out of her life without reciprocating those words, never speaking to her or seeing her again for 3 long years. Now he’s at her same college, since he got kicked off the team of a ...more
Alex
Jan 31, 2020 rated it did not like it
Nope. First one star read if the year. This book was so incredibly annoying to me. The step brother love interest is one thing I guess but she’s head over heals in love with someone years later after only dating him for like a month in high school. I found both of the main characters winy and annoying and the plot boring as hell. I literally couldn’t find one single thing I enjoyed about this book.
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Just a Boyfriend is Book 2 in the End of the Line series by Sariah Wilson. Characters from Book 1 do make small appearances throughout but it is not necessary to have read the first story in order to follow along here.

Bash and Ember are dating in high school when they learn that their parents eloped. An unfair comment by Bash's father leads to their break up and he moves away. Fast forward a few years and they are now adults and attending the same college. They start to become reacquainted and
Maranda
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Bash and Ember were just two teenagers in love in high school. Until.... Their parents met and married. Through the "always thinking of others" this young love was torn apart. Fate has a way of winning out and so this story goes. Seemed a bit slow going but the characters were detailed and enjoyable. "A copy of this book was provided by Montlake Romance via Netgalley with no requirements for a review. Comments here are my honest opinion." Although this is a series it reads well as a stand alone.
Jessie
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the End of the Line series, this book can be read independently, but why would your really want to miss The Friend Zone? There are a few cameo appearances from Logan and Jess. I especially love Jess and how she reams Bash about what he did wrong with Ember. I love seeing friends who have each other's backs!

So, Ember and Bash were dating in high school, when their single parents met and eloped in a short number of weeks. All of a sudden they're step-brother and sister and
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
This is not a typical college romance.
Bash and Ember were high school sweethearts ready to declare their love for each other. That is until Bash’s dad announces that he married Ember’s mom and they are all moving in together. Doing what he thinks is the “right thing” Bash leaves home to live with a relative and hopefully forget about his time with Ember. But things are never that easy and your first love is hard to forget.
Rochelle
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.75/5 stars

First book that I have read from this author and I liked it. Bash and Ember fell in love when they were in high school until their parents met and eloped. They were a cute couple and believable. This is a low heat story so if that is what you like, then this will be the story for you. I like my stories with a little more heat to it but it was still a good read.

I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley and I am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Samantha Martin
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ember and Bash's story is another great book in Sariah Wilson's new End of the Line sports romance series. The two's sweet high school romance comes to a screeching halt when their parents marry and Bash's dad tells him he needs to keep his distance from his new step sister. Bash does what he thinks is best and moves away, leaving Ember heart broken and feeling abandoned.

As our story picks up at the beginning of the book, Bash comes crashing back into her life when he finds himself at her
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Rebound (Northbrook Hockey Elite #3)
  • The Solicitor's Son (Serendipity #3)
  • Return to Sender (A Pine Falls Novel Book 1)
  • 10 Ways to Survive Christmas with Your Ex: A 27 Ways Novella (27 Ways Series Book 3)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Powerplay (Northbrook Hockey Elite #2)
  • Heart Thief (Love Under Wraps Book 1)
  • Edenbrooke (Edenbrooke, #1)
  • That Secret Crush (Getting Lucky, #3)
  • If I Never Met You
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Loving Her Fling (Hidden Hollows #3)
  • One Summer Day (Prosperity Ranch #1)
  • Hollywood and Ivy
  • Black Ice
  • Secrets of the Mist
  • Nothing But Wild (Malibu University, #2)
  • All That's Left (The Carlington Twins Duet, #1)

End of the Line (2 books)
  • The Friend Zone (End of the Line #1)