Start by marking “The Rival Roomies (The Rooftop Crew, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Rival Roomies (The Rooftop Crew, #3)

The Rival Roomies

(The Rooftop Crew #3)

I’ve loved him from afar.

Though most times he’s only a foot away.

I’m smart enough to know he’ll never be anyone’s forever.

He checks all the bad boy boxes. Tattoos. Check. Motorcycle. Check. Chip on his shoulder. Check check.

If he wasn’t my neighbor and friend I may have thrown myself at him. Okay, yeah. I wouldn’t. Because guys like Dylan don’t want a woman who writes kid’
Published May 12th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Rival Roomies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rival Roomies

Start your review of The Rival Roomies (The Rooftop Crew, #3)
Syndi
Jul 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is good read. I do love the chemistry between Rian and Dyland. Especially when Jax comes to the picture. Their dynamic is just hot and alive.

Miss Rayne has this ability putting a twist into her characters even though the romance is standard. Roomates to lover is not something new. Miss Rayne invests a little bit of character development so her characters seem real to her readers.

Overall this is a very good book.

4 stars
Paula
May 14, 2020 rated it liked it
This is one of those reads that has both the tropes I like & hate at the same time which makes it hard to rate….

Rian (heroine) & Dylan (hero) are roommates. I don’t remember if it was mentioned how long they been roommates but I think it was a year but they have known each other for some time since they, along with several of their friends who each get a story of their own, are a close knit group.

Rian is a super smart 28 yr old mathematician working on a complicated project in which the first on
Carmen Rae
I have to admit I went into this book without a lot of love for Dylan. I kind of wanted Rian to realise she deserved more and for Jax to be awesome and sweep her off her feet. But luckily for me Piper Rayne knew what these two needed better than I did and that didn’t happen.

Even luckier for me was the fact that we got Dylan’s story and I fell madly in love with him. The arrival of Jax and their history made Dylan open his eyes and pull his head out of certain places. And I am so glad that he d
Jessica Alcazar
When an author drops breadcrumbs to her readers about a couple in previous books of the series, then when their book lands on your kindle you dive right in without even checking the temperature of the water! Rian and Dylan have been in the background for just a couple books, but they made a giddy impression on my from the start. They’re that couple you always wonder about and get excited about just thinking will they/won’t they? thoughts about!

On paper, these two seem like polar opposites but th
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
May 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rian is a math genious, she bakes delicious goodies and has a long time crush on her current roommate and friend, Dylan. He's a tattoo artist and a tattoo shop owner.

She hides her feelings from him because that's how she is. And he plays pretends to know nothing about it. He has his reasons and as a reader I understood him.
That is until one day an opportunity presented.

What I loved the most about this story was Rian as a character. She knew what she wanted and she fought for it! I loved her fr
SCBookAddict
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story is filled with angst and it is a fantastic read! I've been wanting this story since the first book in this series and Piper Rayne did not disappoint.

Rian's new roommate is a guy - a hot guy. On top of that, it's a hot guy that is from Dylan’s past.

Dylan is having none of it and decides he's moving in too in order to protect Rian from Knox, the new, hot, bad-boy roommate.

Dylan isn't good with words and keeps a lot of his feelings locked inside.

Rian is a people pleaser and has to lea
Nadine Bookaholic
I really enjoyed Dylan and Rian's friends-to-lovers story. These two have been skirting around their feeling for a while, Rian to shy to be assertive and Dylan to filled with self doubt to believe he was good enough for her. But throw in a little competition and let it be Dylan's archenemy and maybe, just maybe he'll take his head out of his butt and make a move.

You can see my full review and learn more about the book here: bit.ly/NBReviewTRR

The Rival Roomies

Nadine's Obsessed with Books **I have voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Readers Cop
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am absolutely loving the sweet, sexy and swoonworthy stories in the Rooftop Crew series from Piper Rayne. The Rival Roomies was the perfect combination of feel good, intense, heartfelt and adorable romance. Dylan and Rian's story was amazing from beginning to end!

I’ve been on tenderhooks waiting for Dylan and Rian’s story ever since reading My Bestie’s Ex and it was so worth the wait. I loved their initial friendship and I loved their eventual romance. Their story was much more than I expected
Harlow James
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this writing duo! Their books never disappoint. The stories are real and passionate, and I related to Rian so much. Dylan is the classic broken hero, and their happy ending was perfect!
Jeeves Reads Romance
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Worth the wait, that's for sure! I've been eagerly anticipating this love story since the start of the series, and it did NOT disappoint. It's without a doubt my favorite so far, with a swoony kind of romance that just flows naturally and holds your attention from start to finish. I loved this bad boy hero who can't seem to stay away from the quintessential good girl - they have some serious chemistry, a history as friends that makes their connection feel deep, and the kind of sexual tension tha ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
If you've been reading this series since the beginning then Rian and Dylan's story is the one you've been waiting for. It's been building and teased through the previous two books. And I'm happy to have found that it was more than worth the wait.

Dylan was the tatted up bad boy with a rough past but soft heart. At least when it comes to Rian. And while she might have seemed like the sweet, all put together, girl next door, this book introduced new aspects to her. I felt, after reading this book,
konstantina
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you guys thought this was gonna be just another na romance book then you were wrong. Seeing Rian being in her twenties and still figuring her life out made me realize that I'm not the only one out there struggling with my life plans, the ending with her finding her true passion and ending up with the man who loved her for her was just so hopeful!!!! To the romance now I was anticipating this book from the moment I read the first book of the series and let me tell you it didn't disappoint me A ...more
Michelle
The Rival Roomies is a new adult/adult contemporary romance and is also the third book in the Rooftop Crew series by author duo Piper Rayne. Each of the books in the Rooftop Crew can be read as standalones. Rival Roomies is the first book in the series that I have read, but I enjoyed it so much that I want to go read the first two books as well. I love that this is focused on a group of close friends. Rival Roomies was a fun romance from start to finish. I enjoyed reading about Dylan and Rian.

Ri
Shannon
4.5*

Loved Rian and Dylan's story, my favorite of the series so far. I enjoyed getting to know them, seeing where they came from, and how it led them to become the people they are today. Dylan’s history was one that really tugged at the heart strings. I was kind of surprised by Rian’s back story, as I always just assumed (from what little I knew of her from the previous 2 books) that she was happy with where she was in life, (other than pining away for Dylan!).

Dylan and Rian both come a long way
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU
Amazon DE | Apple | Nook | Kobo | Google Play

Rian, quiet, unassuming math genius and baker, has had a crush on her friend, Dylan, forever now. And it's a crush that will go on unrequited as far as she can tell. But then she gets a new roommate, Jax, a hot tattooist, and suddenly Dylan is her roommie, too. And suddenly he seems to be looking at her as more than just a friend he's slightly protective of. But is he only looking at her differently
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
To say that this book is my most anticipated read of the series would be an understatement. If you’ve been following the series from book one there have been plenty of Rian and Dylan goodness. I’ve been dying to know more about Dylan, their friendship, everything. The Rival Roomies was everything I could have hoped for and so much more for these two.

Rian is a math whiz, an amazing backer and has a long time crush on her current roommate and friend, Dylan. Dylan is a tattoo shop owner, somewhat
samsbookstagram
Shelves: arcs
The Rival Roomies is the latest book in The Rooftop Crew series, and I can't get enough of this amazing group of friends!

I have been dying for Dylan & Rian's story since they were first introduced in My Bestie's Ex, and their story was even better than I hoped. I loved everything about this book, and it's definitely my favorite so far in the series.

I knew underneath the seemingly shy roommate we've come to know was a true badass, and Rian definitely proved it was true. Once she finally went af
Erin Lewis
5 Star Review The Rival Roomies (The Rooftop Crew #3) by Piper Rayne

This is the third book in the latest series from Piper Rayne and is Dylan Phillips and Rian Wright’s story. I have been looking forward to their story and I was not disappointed; a friends to lovers story that ticked the boxes for me.

Whenever I see the name Piper Rayne, I know I am in for an entertaining read and The Rival Roomies was no exception. From the first to the last chapter, I was hooked and had a hard time putting it
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Why did I wait so long to read a book by this writing duo??
I loved this.... the banter between the guys had me laughing out loud, the visuals that you get when reading are so good, I felt like I was there with them. This world that they have created is one you want to be a part of and are sad to leave.
Rian and Dylan are so opposite on the surface yet when you get to know them you find that all either of them really wants is to be loved for who they are.
Dylan gives Rian the space to think and gro
Isha Coleman
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rian and Dylan are a feast worth waiting for. Anticipation seems to have been building forever. Rayne caught hold of my heart with the shy nerd and bad boy tattoo artist what seems like forever ago. Rival Roomies is the culmination of angstful, yearning and breathtaking romance. Between the heartaches and misunderstandings lies a love story that refuses to be denied. From insecure wallflower to determined temptress Rian finds the courage to face insecurity head on. Dylan may be a heartbreaker, b ...more
Melissa  ❤️ bookaddict_fanatic
I've been so excited for Dylan and Rian's story since meeting them in My Bestie's Ex and wow.... Piper Rayne gave us a story that had me hanging on every word it was that captivating! If you've been reading the Rooftop Crew you know Rian's been crushing on Dylan for some time but now you get to find out Dylan's thoughts and prepare for one MUST read story you won't be able to put down! Come back to Clifton Heights and check in with all your favorites from the Rooftop Crew while meeting new chara ...more
Ariadna Basulto
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Piper Rayne once again delivers a super sexy and swoony story with Riva Roomies! I loved Dylan and Rian’s story, but if I’m being honest, I just plain ol’ loved Rian! The girl is fantastic! She knew what she wanted and went for it and there’s nothing more I love than a strong heroine. Dylan wasn’t at all bad homage and the chemistry and banter these two had was the cherry on top of this delicious story! Sexy, steamy, and witty af makes Rival Roomies a definite must read. Can’t wait for more from ...more
Treena
Sooooo much hemming and hawing by both MC’s, it became frustrating for me to read.
Nightbird Novels
May 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Rian Wright has been harboring an attraction to someone from her friend group for quite some time. Dylan Phillips is her complete opposite... and it is glaringly obvious that he doesn't possess any lingering attraction back to her... that is, until Rian gets a new roommate...

Jax Owens was once Dylan's best friend, but after an epic falling out, they have become something more like enemies. Dylan knows all about how Jax operates, and he will do everything he can to prevent him from charming his w
Love & Lavender Book Review
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the book I've been waiting for in this series! Rian and Dylan have been hinted at since the first book and here it is...soooo worth the wait. Rian and Dylan are a freaking smoke show! Their chemistry is OFF THE CHARTS, plus add a little trouble maker to the mix just to stir the fire. This friends to lovers story is on FIRE!

Rian is a crazy smart mathematician and baker, she wow's everyone with her baked goods, including Dylan. He's been her close friend forever, however along the line he
All Booked Out
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I was so excited to read this book! As soon as I read that sneak peak at the end of A Royal Mistake I have been anxiously waiting to read Dylan and Rian’s story and of course Piper and Rayne did not disappoint.

Dylan was a foster kid, bonding with his foster mum until her death. He has been friends with Rian for years, always thinking he wasn’t good enough for her and using his fear as an excuse. My god, he can dirty talk, yikes. Makes for some steamy and yummy scenes!

Rian, sweet and shy
Living My Best Book Life
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Rival Roomies is a great friends to lovers romance. Piper Rayne can do no wrong in my eyes and did not disappoint with this book. Dylan and Rian's love story is so charming and easy to read.

Rian and Dylan have been friends for a long time. Rian has been hiding her feelings for Dylan and doesn't know if he will ever see her as more than a friend. When she gets a new roommate that happens to be his frenemy, Dylan starts acting differently.

Dylan is a bad boy and that just makes him even more at
belle ☆ミ (thisbellereadstoo)
i’ll never have enough of the friends-to-lovers trope and piper rayne did a wonderful job with dylan and rian’s story. rian’s a brilliant mathematician and she loves to bake while dylan is an entrepreneur who has his own tattoo parlour. initially, i was worried that there would be a love triangle but that notion was dispelled after a while. i liked that even though we focused on the main couple’s romance and the issues that they faced, i’m still reading about what’s happening in their friend gro ...more
Michele McMullen
Shelves: arc
Rian and Dylan I have been waiting impatiently for your story and I loved it !
A classic friends to lovers. These two have been running in the same friends circle. They have been keeping their attraction under wraps but those closest to them have had them pegged from the start! It takes a man from Dylan's past to upset this friendly apple cart . The three of them are now roommates and this is leading to a bit of friction .When he shows an interest in Rian that is the last straw. Get ready for so
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.25 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

Video review available in Week 5: Jan 31 – Feb 6, 2021, full weekly book reviews available on Steph's Romance Book Talk Patreon.

For other bookish content, check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.

• Fool Me Twice
  • Through the Lens
  • His (Ties That Bind, #2)
  • Butterfly Bayou (Butterfly Bayou, #1)
  • She Loves Me (Harmony Pointe, #3)
  • Rising (Slay Quartet, #4)
  • Asking for Trouble (Credence, Colorado, #3)
  • Beefcakes (Beefcakes, #1)
  • Sexy Love (Sexy #4)
  • You're The One (Very Irresistible Bachelors, #1)
  • Enticed (Emerson Falls #2)
  • Sugarcoated (Hot Cakes, #1)
  • Teacher I Want to Date
  • Embraced in Ink (Montgomery Ink: Boulder, #3)
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • Playing to Win (Ice Kings, #1)
  • Coach Me
  • Feisty (Do-Over, #3)
Piper Rayne is a USA Today Bestselling author duo. Our goal is to bring you romance stories that have "Heartwarming Humor With a Side of Sizzle" (okay...you caught us, that's our tagline). A little about us... We both have kindle’s full of one-clickable books. We're both married to husbands who drive us to drink. We're both chauffeurs to our kids. Most of all, we love hot heroes and quirky heroine ...more

The Rooftop Crew (6 books)
  • My Bestie's Ex (The Rooftop Crew, #1)
  • A Royal Mistake (The Rooftop Crew, #2)
  • Our Star-Crossed Kiss (The Rooftop Crew, #4)
  • The Do-Over (The Rooftop Crew #5)
  • A Co-Worker's Crush (The Rooftop Crew #6)

News & Interviews