Start by marking “Gigi Make Paradox” as Want to Read:
Gigi Make Paradox

Gigi Make Paradox

(Where the Hell is Tesla? #3)

The Third book in the Where the Hell is Tesla? Trilogy is HERE!

Listen, having kids is great, my little Gigi Collins and Pete’s daughter Hannah are sweet little fluffs of cotton candy, spun from the silk of fairy spiders who live in the clouds. But MAN, can they cause trouble. Seriously, you’d think a two-year-old couldn’t possibly threaten the very existence of our physi
Published June 5th 2019 by Goldfinch Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Gigi Make Paradox, please sign up.

Start your review of Gigi Make Paradox
Donna Backshall
Rob Dircks does it again with Gigi Make Paradox. And yes, I mean he did it in the best way possible, because I'm talking about another fun-loving, never serious (except for seriously geeky), time traveling adventure novel about Chip and the gang.

Chip and his darling little two year old, Gigi, are joined by Pete and his equally darling little two year old, Hannah, on yet another goofball adventure in time.

The group enters the ITA (Interdimensional Transfer Apparatus) for a little celebrating for
Rob Dircks
Jun 14, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi! I'm the author. And once again, it was an absolute blast getting back into deep doo-doo with Chip and Pete, and Nikola and Bobo, and now Chip and Pete's kids, Gigi and Hannah. I won't give up too much, other than to say that if you've ever had a two-year-old, or even just interacted with a two-year-old, you know how much trouble they can get into. And man, this time it's some white-knuckle, grab-something-nailed-down trouble!

(One more little thing I loved about writing this one -- there's a
Zac Stojcevski
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
With this installation of the "Tesla Trilogy" we move from Chip and Pete saving the uni - nay multiverse to a more communal resolution. In addition to our soon to be decrepit duo, we get their adorable progeny, Bobo, Tesla, Marie Curie, a gender confusing dinosaur, a medieval prince, more Bobos than you can poke a stick at and Pete's great aunt in this deliberate tour de farce across time, space and any other axes or dimensions you can think of. Not bad for a guy's night in.

I feel mean for only
Adrian
I enjoy Rob Dircks’s books. They are not for everyone but they’re fun, light-hearted, a bit of science-geekiness, and usually give you a warm, fuzzy feeling at various times. I think I would have benefited from reading all three of these books back-to-back-to-back since I didn’t remember everything that happened in previous books. Rob did a great job of providing a very fast review of what happened. There is a bit of language in his book, just like other books, so, fair warning.

There ar
Leslie
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a clever tale! I listened to all three books in the series starting with Where the Hell is Tesla, followed by Don't Touch the Blue Stuff and finally Gigi Make Paradox.

This review spans all three books because I am unable to separate the story line into the individual books. However, this review has some GiGi Make Paradox specific comments which explain the slight drop on rating for this one. I'll try not to give any spoilers.

I enjoyed every bit of the listen on audible. I love the story-te
Ida Marlene
Jul 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was sceptical towards a follow up book that included children of the main cast. But I am happy to say I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't that bad! As a trilogy, I enjoyed this series. I don't always enjoy reading series, as often the main concept of the story gets worn out after the first book. But I'm glad I read this whole trilogy. It was quite enjoyable, as I like the humour. And damn, Rob Dircks is a GREAT narrator!

In this particular book I absolutely loved the part about nihilistic di
Douglas DeVore
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book - it was a wonderful wrap up to the trilogy. The characters are absolutely hilarious, and the introduction of the kids was a fun device. I'm really looking forward to more from this author.
Ammon
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review is for the audiobook version of Gigi Make Paradox (Where the Hell is Tesla? Book 3) by Rob Dircks and narrated by the author.

Chip and Pete are each parent to their own, respective, tiny munchkin. Because the two buddies are still pretty much kids themselves, a moment of parental neglect leads their children to create a temporal paradox that may spell the end of the universe, the multiverse, and possibly the boboverse.

At this point, I can't really imagine anyone else being the voice
Powder River Rose
So just when you thought the series was finished out pops Gigi, the adorable little angel of Chip and Julie along with Pete and his adorable little Hannah who are also instrumental in this spine tingling adventure where once again we enter the inter dimensional transfer apparatus and, well, all hell breaks loose with another catastrophe that threatens the existence of all the dimensions including and especially our own. We have the usual cast of characters but also a few new folks tossed into th ...more
Matthew
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I recommend this book to anyone who has read or listened to the other two in the trilogy and enjoyed them. Beyond that, I recommend this whole series to anyone who just enjoys a good laugh and a bunch of amusing characters.

So when it comes to this series, I don’t always follow what’s going on, but it has always been quite entertaining. If you’re reading this review, you’ve probably finished the other two in the series, so there isn’t much more to say, save that this one is probably the most fun
Craigd
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this book, did I like it as much as the first two in the series? No. I really like the mechanism for the whole series, the protagonist is writing a series of emails that tell the story of what is happening in the story. Of course this wouldn't work in all stories, the Indian Jones series would have been a lot shorter as Indy pulls out his pen and paper to tell of how deftly he swapped the gold statue for a sack of dirt, and got crushed by a giant stone.

Honest review: I want to rate this
Julie  Capell
Yes, the multiverse is again in jeopardy in what seems to be the final installment in the Tesla series. On the surface, this book, like its predecessors, is a light romp with many laugh-out-loud moments. But because Rob Dircks is such a fantastic writer, underneath lurks a helluva story about growing up and growing old. Throw in some Truths about parenting and being parented, the nature of god and the universe, love and friendship, and you have some pretty Deep Stuff to contemplate, should you b ...more
Daniel
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Gigi Make Paradox" is the third book in a series that started with "Where the Hell is Tesla?" and continued with "Don't Touch the Blue Stuff". If you've read the first two books, you know exactly what to expect, it starts with a fart joke and ends with a poop joke. The middle however is a story of the love between a father and daughter and how that love saves the multiverse. There's other stuff in there, too, but I don't want to spoil the fun of reading (or listening to) it yourself.

So, go pick
Rebecca
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a short, sweet and satisfying conclusion to the trilogy of Where the Hell is Tesla series! Chip really has grown up so much and is such a sweet dad. I do wish Pete gave him more hugs though. I got audiobook for free in exchange for an honest review and honestly; while it wasn’t my favorite Tesla novel (the first one will always be my favorite) this one touched me a little deeper inside. The infinite dance between Free Will and Destiny is something I think about a lot. I’d love ...more
Roy
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, humor
Maybe closer to 3.5 stars but loved the series overall so rounded up.

I have enjoyed the Tesla books and perhaps this is the last one and so it should be. The book felt a little tired to me whether that is on me or on Rob I don't know.
Still, I loved the main characters and really enjoyed the world of the Bobos. I thought the family sentimentality was a little overdone, not bad, but perhaps a little too much.

I look forward to Dircks future works with one current book to still read.
Tom Sadira
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a friggin' blast! I couldn't put down this epic final installation in Rob Dircks' Tesla trilogy. Hilarious and endearing, it starts with a fart joke and ends with a poop joke—and takes the reader through an extraordinary adventure in between.

Lovable characters and bizarre worlds are woven together with a fast-paced, natural voice that goes down smoooooth. This book in particular (and this series in general) deserve a permanent spot on the shelf of outrageously fun, thoughtful science ficti
Keith  Blodgett
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good if not outstanding ending to the Tesla series by Rob Dircks. The story gives some really deep insights and things to think upon. Some deep stuff reminiscent of late night conversations around the campfire contemplating the meaning of everything and the meaning behind the meaning. There's also a very good message of love for family, for friends, for everyone around you. The ending was sad and joyous at the same time. Enjoyable, fits well with the previous two entries in the series though n ...more
Joe
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. I enjoyed the first 2 books, but felt this one was a departure from them. I have a 2 year old so enjoyed and could relate to some of the interaction with the children, but felt this story was a little too out there, even for this series. The narration was good, but some repetition in the beginning of each chapter.
Jon Klingborg
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Fun and Funny trip to another world, er- dimension

This book that will make you smile, laugh out loud AND think. The adventures of Chip, Pete and Nikola Tesla in the ITA are the scientifically proven antidote for whatever makes you weary. The author Rob Dircks is the love child of Robert A Heinlein and Christopher Moore.
Todd
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again a brilliant fun read. The rollicking tale is actually quite densely packed with emotional moments. Rob Dircks has once again made you care about these characters and their multiverse hijinks and adventures. It's a quick read and neatly finishes off the series. Good fun and highly recommended.
Jon
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Fun and Funny trip to another world, er- dimension

This book that will make you smile, laugh out loud AND think. The adventures of Chip, Pete and Nikola Tesla in the ITA are the scientifically proven antidote for whatever makes you weary. The author Rob Dircks is the love child of Robert A. Heinlein and Christopher Moore.
J.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
This was a lot of fun, it got several good chuckles out of me.

It sounded like a finale to the the Where the Hell is Tesla universe, I look forward to seeing what Dircks' brings us in the future.

Great narration.

The (view spoiler) were my favorite.
Julie
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure Rob could write another Tesla story, but he did! This is a great wrap-up to the wacky series, and a good send-off to the "Old Man." I do recommend this, but I think it is best experienced from the start and isn't one of those "jump in wherever" kinds of series.
Josh
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
A little saccharine throughout, you can tell the author's mood during writing by the tone! lol But this was yet another fun episode in this great & original series. ...more
George Solorio
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-horror
Another awesomely fun and funny story. Gigi and Hannah became fast favorites and who could go wrong with Bobo. Lol
Eti-keti
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant book. Just as entertaining as the other 2 parts. I was laughing and crying reading the book. Great job Rob!
Brittini Richards
Jul 20, 2019
Kanard
Dec 04, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Murder by Other Means (The Dispatcher, #2)
  • Alexander X (Battle For Forever Book 1)
  • The Case of the Damaged Detective (5-Minute Sherlock, #1)
  • Will Destroy the Galaxy for Cash (Jacques McKeown, #2)
  • Undeading Bells  (Fred, the Vampire Accountant #6)
  • The Vexed Generation (Magic 2.0 #6)
  • A Murder of Manatees (Tom Stranger, Interdimensional Insurance Agent, #2)
  • Terminus (Threshold, #4)
  • Heaven's River (Bobiverse #4)
  • Flux
  • Dead Moon (Threshold, #3)
  • Ancient Among Us (Battle For Forever Book 2)
  • Andrea Vernon and the Superhero-Industrial Complex (Andrea Vernon, #2)
  • Space Team (Space Team, #1)
  • Outland
  • The Adventures of Tom Stranger, Interdimensional Insurance Agent (Tom Stranger, Interdimensional Insurance Agent, #1)
  • Optional Retirement Plan (The SynCorp Saga, #0)
Rob Dircks is the #1 Audible bestselling author of You're Going to Mars! , the Where the Hell is Tesla? series, The Wrong Unit , and more (including the anti-self-help book Unleash the Sloth! 75 Ways to Reach Your Maximum Potential By Doing Less ). He's also got a drawerful of screenplays and short stories, some of which appear on his original audio sci-fi short story podcast Listen To ...more

Where the Hell is Tesla? (3 books)
  • Where the Hell is Tesla?
  • Don't Touch the Blue Stuff! (Where the Hell is Tesla? #2)