Start by marking “Longing For Love (Sunshine State #5)” as Want to Read:
Longing For Love (Sunshine State #5)

Longing For Love

(Sunshine State #5)

She wants a husband and a baby STAT; he’s the least eligible bachelor in town. She wants a forever home; he’s a house that might be crumbling down any minute.

Dr. Emery Love spent the last decade devoted to medicine and now the clock is ticking. After the fiasco of a canceled wedding, her list of requirements in a husband has decreased dramatically, but she know

Published September 20th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Longing For Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Longing For Love

Start your review of Longing For Love (Sunshine State #5)
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Sep 20, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a good book. Ethan is a cancer survivor and is just trying to live his life. Although, what he really wants is Emery. She would come and visit him while he was sick. Throughout the book Ethan deals with the fact that his cancer could come back at anytime and she deals with the fact that she might lose him.Luckily they are able to overcome all that and the dram with her ex. I was happy that they got their HEA.
Hopeless Romantic Chick
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Two Thumbs Up!!!

I'm so in love! The characters made me sooo giddy all throughout. Both are hilarious and lovable. Ethan omg is such a comic, optmist and very inspiring. Will need more men like him in the world. I LOL whenever he plays the positive game with Jay or any of his friends. Emery is so sweet and adorable, kind and brainy. Such a lady. Like that you educated us on health issues and the sad truth about insurances. I truly enjoyed this from beginning til end. Thank you!
Kathryn Munsell
Aug 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Different

These had some things that were hard to read about. But cancer is a hard subject. And the love ones how they feel-just hard. And yet there is a sweet love story in the middle of it.
Jamie Richards
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Out of this world.

I've never read a book with this type of intensity an so many interesting characters an one who will go abve and beyond to get his way.
Jena Henry
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Readers, get ready to enjoy the 5th book in the Sunshine State series. I have enjoyed the first four books, with their humorous and fast-paced stories of modern and strong women looking for their best selves. Book 5, Longing for Love is subtitled “A Funny, Sweet and Sexy Romance, with a Medical Twist.” The author tells us in the About the Book section that her books “are sprinkled with laughter; tear-jerking moments; uplifting, inspirational moments and an occasional medical fact. The sex scenes ...more
Lauren
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book; I have read in the series and by this author. I was given the ARC by Hidden Gems in exchange for an honest review. I will definitely read more of the series, as I liked the characters and would like to get more in-depth with those that were secondary characters in this book. That said, you can totally read this as a standalone, because I did not feel like I was missing anything.
This is the story of Dr Emery Love, who is in the process of examining her life because she has
Linda
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
👍A moving story of a second chance at life and love😷😍

🤗🤗 4.5🌟stars
I've been reading this fun and uplifting romance series and eagerly waiting for Ethan's story; this is it and it's so fraught with emotion that at times I wondered if I could take reading about one more setback in his recovery and efforts to woo and win Dr. Emery Love, his Angel of mercy.

His story and the way he handled constant hurdles to reach his HEA made me adore his character even more. In comparison, his ideal woman was a bit
Karen L Ledee
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emery is a lung specialist and Ethan is a cancer patient of her practice partner. Ethan has fought his way through radiation and chemo while his heart is falling for Emery. She has just broken up with her psycho boyfriend who is not going to give her up. That is a loss for him and he never loses a case. Emery is having feelings for Ethan, but she is caught up in the ethics of dating a patient and she wants a family. There is no guarantee of cancer in remission staying that way. Will he be alive ...more
Lady M.
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh this story! So emotional, both happy and sad - even a little anger! I've read all the books in this series so I've already met Ethan and Emery but this is a stand alone. I'm a firm believer on reading a series in order if possible, it makes each book better knowing history, so I do recommend you start at the beginning since there is a little back story (but I believe even a new reader will follow along). I honestly didn't expect this book to be so funny- ya know, cancer and all. It was sweet ...more
Keema Osborne
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing, it sucks you in right from the start. I love how the author used illness as away of suvival and awareness of living life to the fullest. I also, love the strength, wisdom and playfulness of Ethan. He is guys that’s so full of love you just want to keep him close. He has been through hell though and goes after Emery with no regrets. While Emery has her own issues all she really need was a wake up call to get on the Ethan train. In reading this story both Emery and Ethan soul ...more
Kristen Lewendon
I have been desperate to get my hands on Ethan’s story since the time we first met him. There was just something so compelling about the charming, funny, wildly optimistic cancer survivor. And getting to know him in his own book hasn’t changed my opinion. For me. Emery was a special case. I loved her but she drove me to absolute distraction. Both of them are carrying around a lot of really heavy baggage and I despaired over getting to see them achieve the happy ever after they deserved. This cou ...more
Cherye Elliott
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Longing for more books from this author

What a delightful surprise. This book was great. I cried. I stressed. I got mad. I wanted to extract revenge. I hate Ken Carter. My thinking is, if a book brings out an array of emotions, the author did her job and provided me with a wonderful diversion from reality.

Favorite quote.
If this is true....no way will I take chemo. .....(
A hint of pity shone in his eyes. “Babe, I’m a lawsuit and malpractice lawyer. I’ve seen it all. Even if the cancer doesn’t com
Margery Baker
Heartwarming!
A terrific final (I wish it wasn’t) book in this series. After her wedding is cancelled by the jerk, Dr. Emery Love is left still wanting a child (husband necessary). Although she has a list of the necessary criteria, she is drawn to her former patient Ethan. Their story is one of survival, love without bounds, and strength gained through that love. Misty eyes near the conclusion are a definite possibility although happy ones in nature.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy
Patricia Baxes
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grab your tissues and prepare yourself to be led through a book filled with emotion that will take your breath away! With a heart wrenching storyline; characters that you love and admire—and those you can’t stand; some truly diabolical twists and turns; and an absolutely kickass HEA. This one definitely deserves to be on your TBR list today! (I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book and loved it!) ❤️❤️
Selina
I beta read this, so I'll abstain from a rating for now, but this is really a sweet, cute, well-written story with some deep themes and messages! And I absolutely loved the little details that went into this one. :) HGTV addict, right here. ...more
Sammie Shorter
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, sad and gloriously happy

I thoroughly enjoyed Ethan and Emery's story. I'm so glad she eventually realized it was her fears holding her back from returning Ethan's love. I sincerely hope we learn more about Ken's predicament in Mercy's book.
Ashley
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These two were so great. He was hilarious and she was so quiet. They were the perfect pair who found each other at the perfect time. It took some hard work on his part and fighting for love but they made it a d it was beautiful!
I received an ARC for an honest review.
Melissa
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hidden-arc
An emotional and heartwarming story. Emery and Ethan are characters you're gonna love, in this sweet and cute medical story. They certainly are the perfect pair even if it takes them a while.
I'm voluntarily reviewing this after receiving from Hidden Arcs.
Shelly Celli
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
This book has had me so emotional! The cancer, the longing, the waiting expecting the worse, and the jackleg trying to ruin it all. This book has made me feel so many emotions and I loved every second of it! You definitely don’t wanna miss this one!
Barbara
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book five in the Sunshine State series a well written story. That I recommend this story will have you rooting for Dr. Emery Love and Contractor and amateur comedian Ethan Cadman as they go through everything. I will be reading this story again.
Melinda Swaine
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cute read.

A cute read with great characters that you can’t help but like and root for their HEA. New to this author but will keep an eye out for future books. Happy reading!!
Norma Crosby
Amy
Apr 02, 2020
Mariam Hassan
Apr 03, 2020

• After the Night (Romance for all Seasons, #1)
  • Tasting Her Christmas Cookies (Frost Brothers #2)
  • Monday Night Guy (My Guy, #1)
  • Blazing Hot Christmas (HOT Firemen #1)
  • A Really Bad Idea
  • Hannah (Farraday Country, #8)
  • Obsessed With His Curvy Girl (Navy SEAL and BBW Romance #1)
  • I Temporarily Do (Cordially Invited, #1)
  • Boss Man Bridegroom (The Bromance Club #3)
  • Reserved (Love Story, #4)
  • True North (North Brothers #1)
  • Reforming Hunt (Cade Brothers #4)
  • Wild Ride (South Florida Riders, #1)
  • Candidate (Love Story, #2)
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • Dr's Orders
  • A Beautiful Touch (Love at Lincolnfield #2)
  • Risking it all for Love: A Small Town Love Story (Magnolia Valley Book 6)

Sunshine State (5 books)
  • Hope For Harmony (Sunshine State #1)
  • Just for Joy: Beyond Achievement (Sunshine State #2, Beyond Romance #2)
  • Faith is Fearless (Sunshine State #3)
  • Grasping For Grace (Sunshine State #4)