Start by marking “Secret Legacy (The Windhaven Witches, #1)” as Want to Read:
Secret Legacy (The Windhaven Witches, #1)

Secret Legacy

(The Windhaven Witches #1)

A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES meets LOCKE & KEY in this completed new adult series!
I always wanted supernatural powers.

The day I got my acceptance letter from the Windhaven Academy, I knew my life was about to change - BIG TIME. I expected to find out I could phase through walls or control people with my mind. But what I became was far more complicated than I ever imagined.

You s
Published September 8th 2020 by Author Revolution LLC

To ask other readers questions about Secret Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Legacy

Start your review of Secret Legacy (The Windhaven Witches, #1)
 *:・゚✧ Isabelle (semi-hiatus)
Edit 9/15/2020: Happy publishing day!
--actually, it was a few days ago, but I suck so here we are.

My TBR Shelf:

Secret Legacy: Hey.

My TBR Shelf:

Secret Legacy: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

My TBR Shelf: (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Me: ...fuck.

My TBR shelf at this point is pretty useless since I keep reading books that aren’t on it but if I actually followed it, I wouldn’t have stumbled upon this gem!

Secret Legacy is your typical fantasy story. Girl finds out she has powers, everyone is keeping secrets from her, girl has to figure out w
Shannon Rochester
Jul 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for my digital copy in exchange for an honest review.

Seeing this book available for request, I knew I had to give it a shot. Not only did I like the cover but it is about witches...which I also love(see what I did there?). I personally really liked it but I can clearly see that the reviews are very mixed when it comes to this book. People seem to either really like it or really hate it. Much like with most other books, did I like it the whole entire way?
Monica Montrose
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
DNF

•I’ve received this ARC from NetGalley. In this review all thoughts and opinions are my own. •

The premise was intriguing. Magic academy? Sign me up for it.
But then the plot was just messy, too rushed and basic. It was nothing new.
I didn’t really like the writing as well.
I don’t think I can manage to give a proper review due to the DNF.
Carissa
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
For obvious reasons, I have read, read, and re-read this book. ;)

This book has been one in the making since I was 14 years old. I awoke from a vivid dream (that actually felt more like a past-life memory). I sat down at my parent's computer and hammered out my first full-length book ever. While that version will never see the light of day, it is the inspiration for Secret Legacy and the Windhaven Witches series. I cannot wait to share Autumn Blackwood's journey with you! You're gonna love it. <
Mimi
Jun 23, 2020 rated it did not like it
[this ARC was kindly provided to me by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review]

DNF at 36%.

This was so bad it was hilarious. From the little details - the words like resuscitation (to do so with eggs is quite ridiculous), monolithic (which was used every 5% or so), doofus (a Scottish curse word, as I found out after opening the dictionary), numpty and more - to the ridiculous phrases - morbid curiosity (about a letter), a seductive grin illuminating his features - to absolute
Luiza | booksbyln
Thank you Netgalley and IBPA for the ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

Autumn is a seemingly ordinary girl who gets a letter of acceptance into a supernatural school. She didn’t apply there and has no idea how they found her or how her tuition has already been paid for, but she decides to go for it, even though her mother wishes she would. It’s also hard for Autumn to leave behind Wade, a boy she’s just met but seems to already be falling for. She then moves in with her father, who l
Mandie
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was really great! I am a huge fan of stories that involve any kind of witches!
This story was fun and adventurous. I loved following Autumn’s harrowing journey, and I can’t wait to read more!
Madeline
Jun 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
I liked this. I felt compelled to continue reading and find out more. It was also a really easy read. That being said...
I didn’t like the overuse of ellipsis, and the amount of people that ‘trailed off’ when speaking. It really frustrates me and was just unnatural speech.
The insta-love... I was like NOPE. And some of the conversations/ relationships felt forced.
I wish I learnt more about supernatural abilities, but I suppose that because this is only the first book then more will be revealed la
Jessica (Read book. Repeat)
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
You can find this review and all of my others over at www.readbookrepeat.wordpress.com

I received a copy of this book from the publisher, Author Revolution, and the author via Netgalley and Xpresso Book Tours, in conjunction with a blog tour.

Autumn is just your average 20 year old, looking forward to going off to university as soon as she can. She's resigned herself to going to the local Uni, until the day that she receives a package from the esteem Windhaven Academy - school for Supernaturals
Riley
Sep 05, 2020 rated it liked it
3 Stars honestly feels a little generous here, however I truly did enjoy the book. I received this novel from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review, and that in no way impacts what I have to say - Now to the good stuff!

If you're looking for a masterpiece that will glue your eyes to the page and make you never want to put it down, look elsewhere. HOWEVER, if you're looking for a fun read that I truly believe will get better as the series progresses, this might be the book for you. While it m
Rajiv
Sep 09, 2020 rated it really liked it

[Blog]::[Youtube]::[Twitter]::[Instagram]::[Pinterest]::[Bloglovin]

This was a fun paranormal romance, and though it has the standard tropes, the author made it very entertaining!

The book starts off with a bang where Autumn enrolls in a magical school goes to live with her father. The author immediately sets the eerie tone of the plot with the creepy mansion and mysterious voices. Additionally, there is also the mystery behind the missing children and if they are connected to Autumn in some way.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Secret Legacy is the first book in The Windhaven Witches series and is full of quotes from Buffy, which I loved! Autumn thinks she is a 'normal' person and her mum encourages her to think that way. Her dad is supernatural but she doesn't have much to do with him. So imagine her surprise when she receives a full scholarship to a prestigious school that she never even applied for. She decides to go for it and then is swept away by forgotten memories, unknown abilities, and mysteries.

The one thing
Rachel
Aug 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Secret Legacy is a paranormal fantasy, and while it wasn't perfect, it was an enjoyable read. It's evident from the reviews that there are a lot of strong feelings about this book, and I felt like I needed to give it a chance when I read the description.

Our main character, Autumn, mysteriously gets accepted to a special college that only accepts witches and those with paranormal powers on full scholarship, she thinks it's a mistake. But as she moves in with her father in the old family home and
Carola | adreamofpages
DNF at 15%

I'm really sorry to dnf this as I received this as an arc from netgalley, but in the first few chapters there are so many cliche things happening and I have rolled my eyes about 10 times already.
I'm also not a fan of the insta love (or at least it feels like it's insta love). I'm not here for it.
I was considering reading this book through as some people really seem to like it and say the second half is better, but I really didn't like what I've read so far so I'm not continuing...
Julie - One Book More
Jun 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, netgalley
Autumn is shocked when she receives an acceptance letter from Windhaven University, especially since she never applied. She’s also shocked because Windhaven is for people with supernatural abilities, and she has none. Eager to start at Windhaven and take advantage of her good fortune, Autumn moves in with her father in their ancestral home.

Strange things immediately start happening. Vases fall and break without provocation, ghostly images appear, and weird noises become more frequent. On top of
hollie
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
Yet again, I seem to be reading a completely different book to some of the reviews I have seen on here. I saw the cover for this book and was instantly drawn to it. But I started reading this last night and although I forced myself to finish it, I struggled. I think if this wasn't an ARC and I understand the author needs reviews, I would have DNF this book on 10%.

I think my first issue was the writing. I have mentioned this in a few of my reviews and I genuinely hate when the writing tells you w
Lucretia
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story starts as unassumingly as the life of Autumn, which I think was a clever writing device. For the first part it feels like many NA/YA para stories, though I must mention better edited and constructed. I loved the slow build into getting to the school, mysteries etc as a contrast to the fast movement in the romance department- it gave good balance. Under the surface of the girl with new powers and mysteries to figure out a compelling an original story is waiting to grab you and pull you ...more
Sara
Sep 11, 2020 rated it liked it
YOU CAN READ MY REVIEW ALSO ON MY BLOG: https://sarainbooklandblog.blogspot.c...

Let's just start by saying that Secret Legacy was such a pleasant surprise for me! I rarely read books about witches, or paranormal in general, so I decided to pick up this review opportunity to range over my reading preferences. And I was not disappointed!

Of course, this book has its flaws, but it was entertaining enough to read in just a couple of days and to make me wonder about how the story might continue. Autum
Madhu MaBookYard -
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
My Rating : 4.25🌟
Kindle/ Netgalley/ September2020
#mabookyardchallengeSep20
Okay first let's talk about that cover 😍😍
Thank you so much @netgalley for the review copy, which let's me give you my unbiased opinion.
This book follows our main character Autumn who is thrust into the world of power and supernaturals as she tries to find herself and control the power she might possess with the help of her new found gang.
First, I absolutely loved the concept of the story. The Elite Supernatural school
Kanyon
This story drew me in from the first page. I found the story to be action packed, suspenseful, twisty and quite intriguing! The blurb caught me first and once I fell in with Autumn I couldn’t stop reading. I can’t wait to continue this series and see what else awaits!

Secret Legacy is the first book in The Windhaven Witches series.

Final Rating: 5 Stars

Secret Legacy (The Windhaven Witches, #1) by Carissa Andrews Soul Legacy A Supernatural Academy Series (The Windhaven Witches Book 2) by Carissa Andrews Haunted Legacy A Supernatural Academy Series (The Windhaven Witches Book 3) by Carissa Andrews Cursed Legacy A Supernatural Academy Series (The Windhaven Witches Book 4) by Carissa Andrews
Anna Reads Here
The blurb was what caught my attention and while I didn’t dislike the book, I felt like there was a lot left to be desired. It all felt so rushed and a little too convenient for my liking, but also I had far too many questions every time there was a twist or a turn.

Autumn is a ‘regular’ girl (usage of the word ‘mundane’ makes me think of the Shadowhunters, which was odd in itself in this book) and she’s just been accepted to the famed Windhaven Academy - a college for witches and other supernatu
Angela
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in what will be a four part series, with all parts coming out this year (thank the heavens!) This book was a great read! I am a sucker for supernatural stories and this was no different. Autumn is a typically 20 year old who's life is turned upside down in more ways than one. Windhaven Academy is home to many characters who are a great addition to the story of Autumn and her hunky guy Wade. Moving in with her dad into Blackwood Manor because a new mystery all in itself. Wh ...more
Lindsey
Sep 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Secret Legacy is a paranormal mystery that follows Autumn as she begins to discover things about her family and her own past while attending a school for people with supernatural powers, something she didn't believe she had before mysteriously being accepted to the school.

It starts off a little slow, but the pacing picks up nicely once Autumn leaves for school, and the world-building is excellent. There was just enough of a creepy vibe to make me keep the lights on while I read, but not enough t
Sophie Ann
Oct 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Actual Rating 3.5 ⭐

I love a witchy novel and this did not disappoint. I was intrigued right from the get go, there are so many secrets that I was just dying to find out! I also loved the characters and the relationships in this in particular the main character/love interest.

I wasn't 100% on the writing style, the encounters and dialogue between characters sometimes felt a little unnatural and some ways in which the characters acted in more serious situations didn't always fit - which ended up m
This was an unquestionably fun story, even if it was treading a well-worn path.

There were a great number of tropes or cliches included, especially the dreaded 'insta-love' which I would probably be far more critical of if not for this being the start of the series that has the opportunity to explore and develop the ideas further. That being said, the plot is simple and paced well and as I said at the beginning, this book is FUN!

There are some similarities that will make this book appeal to fan
Mel
I enjoyed this book but did not love it. I was kept interested by the family secrets and discovering more about Autumn’s family, her past and her powers. Unfortunately, the insta-love fell short for me. I did not feel a connection between Wade and Autumn. There relationship lacked any spark. Also, the possible love triangle with Colt really turned me off. I personally hate love triangles. I am not sure I will continue with the series.

Thank you Netgalley and author for my digital copy in exchange
Erika Skarlupka
Jul 29, 2020 rated it liked it
So this book has a lot of potential. I'm not sure if it's to show a sheltered, naive young lady or the true lack of skill from the Author, but this book is written in a way that could be fantastic...however lack of vocabulary, some flat dialogue, and inconsistencies in story or facts really detract from it being as high quality as it could be. Its captured enough of my attention that I would like to read more, hopefully the prose matures with the sequels.

Thank you to Netgalley for this copy in
Audrey
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
hugh burris
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic book.

The storyline is really good & keeps you engrossed from beginning to the end. The story starts as a regular girl who receives admittance to Windhaven Academy which is for supernatural & she has no idea of het actual history is & so the story carries you along learning her history as you do. This is really a good book & you should give it a try.
Janice E. Ryberg
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Secret Legacy is the beginning of a great series: 4.9 stars!

Guess you can tell how much I loved this story. I couldn't even put it down until I finished. The characters are interesting but the storyline just grabs you and you forget to breathe! I just found out that the next in the series won't get published until October 6th! Not certain I can wait; the book has so much magic why can't we just jump forward?
Don't miss out on this fabulous series!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Legacy (Palm South University, #4)
  • While She Sleeps
  • Naughty Girl
  • A Lovely Confession (Debt of Passion Duet #2)
  • Playboy Princes (Royals of Arbon Academy, #2)
  • What She Found
  • Evil's Price (Devil's Outlaws MC, #1)
  • Rebel Priest
  • Sovereign (Siren Saga, #2)
  • Deadly Games (Forbidden Fairytales Book 3)
  • Void
  • Reining Devotion (Chaotic Rein, #2)
  • Tangled Love (Chaotic Rein Book 1)
  • Magic Swap (Hidden World Academy #1)
  • Siren (Siren Saga, #1)
  • Family Ties (Corviticus University #4)
  • Obsession
  • Faeling for Them (Eight Wings Academy #1)
See top shelves…
"An author emerges from the depths of Minnesotan waters. Sci-fi/Fantasy is my pen of choice."

Carissa Andrews is an internationally bestselling author from central Minnesota who writes a combination of science fiction, fantasy, paranormal romance, supernatural thriller, and dystopia. Her plans for 2021 include the continuation of the Diana Hawthorne Psychic Thrillers.

She keeps sane by chilling with

The Windhaven Witches (4 books)
  • Soul Legacy (The Windhaven Witches #2)
  • Haunted Legacy (The Windhaven Witches #3)
  • Cursed Legacy (The Windhaven Witches #4)