Start by marking “Rising (Slay Quartet, #4)” as Want to Read:
Rising (Slay Quartet, #4)

Rising

(Slay Quartet #4)

The stakes have never been higher, and she's full of the devil.

Edward Fasbender is my husband.

Together, we brought down powerful men.

Now we have a chance to start over. To be the family neither of us ever had, to leave the past in the past where it belongs. Edward has a choice to make.

It will decide if we fall into the flames--or rise together.
Kindle Edition
Published May 12th 2020 by Paige Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rising

Start your review of Rising (Slay Quartet, #4)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
For such a hated character Celia was in the Fixed series, I know it had to be such a challenge to write her story and get us readers to truly embrace her transformation. I can honestly say the author succeeded. It took four books, a lot of drama, and a lot of growth, but this final book has me a believer.

I like that her growth as a character took time. We needed to see her go through all the emotions it would take to truly make a person stop and reevaluate their life. Some things revealed were
CerysAnne
I was no longer Edward's little bird. I was a phoenix, and I was rising.

I have just devoured the most phenomenal story that I'll have read this year. Nothing - and I mean absolutely nothing - can change my mind that Rising, the fourth and final book of the Slay Quartet, is not just my favourite read of 2020, but is hands down my favourite Laurelin Paige read... ever.

This series has only gotten better and better as the stories continued to come, so I am not surprised whatsoever that this conc
Michelle Claypot_Reads
A Top Read of 2020

Talk about finishing with a bang!! This book was by far my favourite in the series. I literally couldn’t put it down - forcing my family to fend for themselves, I didn’t move from my spot until the last word.

I love an author who can make me love someone like Celia. Not just forgive her for past sins, but genuinely adore her. And Edward, well he’s the epitome of an alpha in my books. Nobody messes with what’s his. Together their broken parts made a whole.

“How is it you see so
Ky reads romance
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The conclusion to Edward and Celias story was everything I hoped for. When you look at the series from the beginning there is so much growth from both characters.

At the start of the story gosh I wanted to kill Edward, I felt the angst down in my stomach and I was sympathizing with Celia to the core. But even with Edward being his brooding arrogant self I count help but still love him. He will still slay you. His internal struggles were strong in this one and getting inside his mind was so fasci
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by author/ Candi Kane PR)

-I was desperate for him. Desperate for his words and his care and his regard and his love, and definitely desperate for his touch.

photo 1BB451C9-7700-47F5-B8A3-DAF86FC5A138_zpsfk2cldmt.jpg

Edward and Celia Fasbender’s often turbulent, unconventional, passionate relationship continues in this final installment of the Slay quartet. They’ve gone from rivals, to spouses, to lovers, to sometimes barely on speaking terms. Lately they’d lost sight of what truly mattered, and hadn’t yet recovered from secrets
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
Rising was a fantastic conclusion to the Slay quartet. This story definitely highlighted Celia's transformation and her evolution into the person she was supposed to be. There was such a difference in her character from book one to this book and I for one was consumed. Edward and Celia's relationship progressed immensely in this story as the depth of feeling between them was evident.

Overall, this story was sexy, riveting, full of secrets, revelations and surprises. Paige did a phenomenal job wri
Malene
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rising was a fabulous conclusion to the Slay Quartet. This was Celia’s book and it was so good. Her evolution from book 1 to now is truly extraordinary. She’s come so far thanks to her husband Edward. These two are the perfect match. They challenge each other and the dynamics between them only gets better every time they face off against one another.
In Rising they both take the final plunge and reveal the last secrets they’ve been hiding. The lead up to those were intense as hell. There’s no den
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

The final book! Yes!

It's been a long while since book #3 and again I forgot everything! LOL!

Damn #Bookalzheimers! But then I remembered that it ended with Celia telling Edward she's pregnant! BAM! And suddenly I remembered everything again! ☺

And so we start. Edward is a 'bit' angry at the whole thing. Plus he's still mad she won't tell him who A is in her journals.

And Celia is mad at Edward for ignoring her. But she's so happy about the baby. Adorable! Seeing our old mean girl like that.

How will
A.
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How far will you go to get revenge? That's one of the biggest questions posed throughout this series. Edward's need and obsession with avenging whoever has done wrong by Celia comes to a breaking point in this book. For much of the book, Edward and Celia are playing a game of chess. Celia's endgame completely changes after her pregnancy. She finally has what she's always wanted and that has changed her as a character as well. She prioritizes what's important and slowly but surely comes to peace ...more
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

I have terrible bookzheimer's, and it has been a while since book 3 in this series, so me being me, I had no idea what I was diving into.

However, once I started reading, things started to fall into place in my brain and I slowly remembered things.

This final instalment dives right back in where book 3 ended, and we hit the floor running. There is so much that we still need to know, still needs to be concluded, so I knew that we were not going to be bored with this
Keri Loves Books
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Coming Full Circle

Celia has finally gotten the family she has always wanted. Unfortunately, Edward wants more. The final secret she’s been keeping is tearing them apart. Celia will have to come clean and trust in her husband to do what’s right.

This is the finale to Edward and Celia’s love story. Every loose end will be tied up. Past hurts will be mended. Retribution will be made. Forever is their future.

Celia will finally have to trust Edward completely and stop protecting the person who taught
Michelle Harris
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Laurelin has outdone herself once again with this epic conclusion that just screams perfection. It takes a great author to sell you a story with a heroine you absolutely despised beforehand. Then you get turned around and care for her in ways you couldn’t imagine. And I mean it. I loathed her before these 4 addicting books came out. Her redemption was one of the most surprising moments in all of my book reading history. This book was EVERYTHING. Everything I knew I needed. Everything I never kne ...more
Elizabeth Swain
This series is PERFECTION! Elizabeth @ Carolina Chic’s Read

Edward and Celia’s Story definitely gives closure while having you on the edge of your seat! These two have a heightened tension the entire book, this makes for a perfect story! Where we left off Celia left Edward to stay with her parents in New York. Do we really think putting Edward in the same city as Hudson is the right thing? Definitely not! But the ending that we have all been waiting for is well written and The Last Game is played
Jessica Alcazar
I could not have imagined a better ending or a better journey all around for Celia and Edward.

Available Now!!
Amazon | iBooks | Kobo
Nook | Google Play

Tanaka K (The Romantic Angel Blog)
It has been quite a ride exploring, inhaling and sinking deep into the world of the Slay series. Ever since I started this series a year ago, I have been deeply entranced, compelled and spellbound by an electric and intriguing romance that made me feel so alive. Laurelin Paige is a genius to be honest. Her storytelling is both magnificent and utterly flawless in both character delivery and breathtaking scenes that a story like no other. I have been enchanted by wonderful words that take you on a ...more
Sarah  - Kindle and Koffee Book Blog
A well earned round of applause goes to Laurelin Paige for going with her gut instinct and writing Celia's story... I wanted to hate Celia for what she had done for being the cold hearted bitch she was in the Fixed series but here she totally redeems herself. She finally gets the life she's craved no matter how much she has denied it to herself!!

As for Edward Fasbender... OMG! My Ovaries burst several times over. The Edward / Hudson / cigar scene just about sent me into a pile of goo... two grea
Cami
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars!

If you told me when I was reading the FIXED series that at some point I was no longer going to hate Celia, I would have called you a liar. I am here to admit I might even sort of like her. This series does NOT excuse anything Celia did but you certainly get a better understanding on what might possibly drive someone to be so cruel. Also we all excused Hudson for his past bad behavior so why can’t we at least understand Celia’s part in it.

This couples chemistry has always been off th
MarvelUsReads
Jun 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Laurelin Paige finally quenched our thirst in the finale of this four book series, Rising, a fitting testament to the end of Celia and Edward’s journey. Spellbond as secrets are unleashed, justice is served, forgiveness, and choices are made. Both are forced to make difficult choices, inevitably sealing their fate. We applaud Paige for her storyline, and great character development, however, we were slightly disappointed with some editing issues in our hard copy.

www.marvelusreads.com
Lozzie
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rising, the last book in the Slay Quartet gave Celia and Edward a justifiable ending and one that suited them perfectly.

If you had asked me before this series came out that I would see Celia as a redeemable character, I would have laughed in your face. Yet here we are, and she has been redeemed and not been defined from her past.

Celia's story is simply tragic. And although her actions were borderline crazy and dark, you see more layers as to why she did what she did. Not justifying them, but s
The Smutbrarians
Feels 5
Steam 4
Storyline 5
Overall Rating 5
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Lindsey

She did it! She made me love someone that I hated with a passion. Laurelin is a wicked, wicked woman! I love her for it though. Absolutely amazing series. Characters that are intense and deep. A story that is so twisted that I devoured every single word. This book was everything! Every question answered. Every speculation I had was wrong. Exactly the kind of book you need to get lost in. The entire series i
Amanda Rowell
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Amazing ending to this series. Laurelin is a very talented writer and her books are just amazing. Edward and Celia, what can I say about these two. I still have mixed feelings about Celia. Great book.
hooked_on_books
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
image: description

𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
This was a great conclusion for Edward and Celia's story.
I'm pretty sure everyone hated Celia in the Fixed Series, I did too 🤷‍♀️. But I was intrigued by her I just love fucked up people what can I say 🤷‍♀️.
After reading Celia's story and knowing how she became THE Celia we all hated, I stopped hating her. She has been through a lot of things and in order not to break and survive she became a monster. .
Edward was a different monster, but a monster nonetheless. He started
Erin Lewis
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review of Slay: Rising (Slay Quartet #4) by Laurelin Paige

If you have not read the first 3 books in this series, STOP and do so now as it must be read in order.

This is the final book in Edward Fasbender and Celia Werner’s quartet and in my opinion, Laurelin Paige has saved the best for last. What a gripping, riveting story I was completely captivated from the first to the last page and couldn’t put it down.

It is an intense, emotional and gripping story that will keep you on the edge of y
Yolanda
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Rising (Slay Quartet #4) is such a fantastic, emotional and angsty conclusion to an epic series. The fact that Laurelin Paige managed to change my mind about Celia Werner Fasbender, one of the most hated villains ever created, completely astounds me. She and Edward (an irresistible sexy devil who I loved to hate) evolved into the most incredible, memorable and amazing couples that I’ve ever read. And their wild, steamy and panty melting sexy times are still lingering in my mind!

Ms. Paige does a
Heather andrews
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Edward sometimes has a one track mind, “nothing is as interesting to me right now as you taking off your clothes. But go ahead and try to prove me wrong. Who was this phone call from?” I liked this book, I'm just glad Celia and Edward finally found their peace, and not was it a long road to finding it.
Kari Wicked Reads & Dreams
Rising what a perfect name for the conclusion to Celia and Edward. They are rising from the ashes of their pasts. Finally moving on to a HEA, right?

The Devil slayed the Dragon. The Dragon filled the Devils heart.

The way these two challenge one another and fight for control at times had me holding my breath. Who would win? Perfect for one another. They filled a void in each other that no one else could possibly do.

You’re the only person who has ever loved me exactly like I am. The only person
Karen
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What is it about Celia and Edward that inspires me to bake bread? I just realised three times reading this series I have made a bloomer. They make me want to punch and spank and bash the wind out of something.

I was firmly and resolutely in the ‘I hate Celia Werner’ camp and did not, no way, want a book about her. But my word, this has been a fabulous series and my change to #teamCelia is tantamount to the fantastic writing skills of Laurelin Paige.

She took a much hated character and dug into w
Chong Chang
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The conclusion to the Slay series was not a disappointment at all. You really find out how far Edward would go for the ones he loves. The story had love, betrayal, lies, truth, closure, a great climax and a great ending. You’ll read all about what they’ve both have overcome and see how much their love have grown for each other. This is a love story like no other and has made their marriage and them stronger than ever. KEEP ON READING!
Amy
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I heard that Laurelin Paige was giving Celia Werner her own series, I thought it was nuts. Celia Werner! The woman who came ohsoclose to ruining the happiness of Hudson Pierce and Alayna? That Celia Werner?

How little I knew. By the end of the first book (Slay: Rivalry), I not only liked Celia, I cheered for her. I wept for her. I worried for her.

And now, here we are with the last book of the quartet, and I am devastated to say goodbye. Not only do I care about Celia, but I am also obsesse
Jasmina Ceha (Bookmarks by Jasmina blog)
Seriously I've never thought that I could love the story that much about heroine I've literally hated in author's previous Fixed series.
But thanks to the Laurelin Paige I have new reading experience where she prove me wrong and I totally fell in love with Celia and Edward story. Author outdid herself and created a new level of enemies to lover’s plot.

Rising is fourth and final book in Slay series and it's an excellent conclusion to Celia and Edward story. Finally all puzzles click into their pl
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Taming Hollywood's Baddest Boy (Hollywood, #1)
  • Just One Year
  • Captive of the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #1)
  • Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #2)
  • Girl Meets Billionaire
  • Untouchable
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • I Dare You (Dare, #1)
  • Paper Princess (The Royals, #1)
  • The Silver Swan (Elite Kings Club, #1)
  • The Broken Puppet (Elite King's Club, #2)
  • Tacet a Mortuis (Elite Kings Club, #3)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Prophecy of Magic (Sasha Urban, #6)
  • The Archangel: An Azrael Story (The Soul Summoner)
  • The Lost Sisters (The Folk of the Air, #1.5)
  • First Infraction (Oberon Reformatory #1)
Laurelin Paige is the NYT, WSJ, USA Today Bestselling Author of the international sensation, The Fixed Trilogy. She's also written other popular books in the Fixed Universe as well as the Dirty Universe and has cowritten with both Kayti McGee and Sierra Simone.
Are you looking for a romantic comedy or something hot and angsty? Here's Laurelin's list of books broken down by trope and reading o

Slay Quartet (4 books)
  • Rivalry (Slay Quartet, #1)
  • Ruin  (Slay Quartet, #2)
  • Revenge (Slay Quartet #3)