Start by marking “Third Child” as Want to Read:
Third Child

Third Child

Third Child A Psychological Thriller

When does a crime become a crime? when it is reported... Cecelia, a journalist with a history of mental illness is approached by Angelina a nurse working in a fertility clinic. She relates a story of unethical practices going on at the clinic involving abortion. The next day Angelina stumbles under a bus, or did she? Suspicious
Published June 16th 2019 by Now Published

To ask other readers questions about Third Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Third Child

Start your review of Third Child
Bren
DNF.

This is one that I did not get to 50 pages on. Therefore I am not rating it.

Its not because the book was boring or poorly written or any of the usual reasons one does not finish a book.

This book is about a reporter, a female reporter, who gets a call from a young woman about an important story. It turns out that the clinic where the young woman is working at is involved in some shady things.

Unfortunately these things have to do with abortions. I knew the subject matter when I chose this book
Coco.V
Jul 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/11/2019)! 🎁
Mark Tilbury
3.5* rating.

Cecelia is informed of some disturbing practices occurring at a fertility clinic used by rich and famous clients, and is determined to tell her first big journalistic story. Someone knows her intentions and wants to stop her. Dead.

The story starts well, lots of tension, and what goes on at the clinic is truly horrific. When you learn what happens you'll realise the significance of the cover. Then, in the middle it felt as though the story lost it's way a bit with Cecelia remembering
Eirlys
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A book that is disturbing and scarily possible. A reporter who has mental health issues is contacted by a nurse who works at a fertility clinic. The story that is revealed seems improbable , until she dies in an accident shortly afterwards. I loved the Suspence and danger that is there throughout the book. A very unsettling book, but well worth reading.
Rhiannon
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Cecelia meets a nurse with the story of a lifetime. A story that would bring society to it's knees with the barbarity that goes on behind the closed doors of a fertility clinic. Then the nurse dies in circumstances that Cecelia belives to be too close to home to be accidental. Fearing the worst, Cecelia runs from her home.

The premise was appealing, the overall story had promise. Sadly the writing let it down. Jane Eyre had more thrill than this. The writing was unnatural in every way, from the
Louise Golder
Feb 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Great read until the end

This book had kept me gripped all the way through. I had my suspicions on who did it and whom Peter was which I was right. But i found the ending was very quick. I feel I couldnt put the last couple of chapters down then it was a slight anti climax as the ending wasnt what I expected.
Jolene Ko
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
A strange and disjointed drama

As there are too many flaws to list, I felt the story was a strange and disjointed one. Not sure about the casual fling with Thomas when she could of had it with Peter!?!
Sandra Wright
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Disturbing

I usually just rate the books I read but felt I should leave a review. From the beginning to the end of the book I kept thinking about each page I just finished. This book is not to be read lightly and as I put down in the title it was disturbing.
☕Brenda☕
Dec 26, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5
Was a predictable, but still an quick paced enjoyable read.
Isabella Knobal
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought this story was great; I loved it. It was the title, Third Child which drew me to it. At first, the 3-star rating deterred me, but seeing it was in second position on Amazon for both psychological thriller and psychological fiction and eighth position for romance; I thought I would give it a go. And I am so glad I did. Starting the story on Saturday night, I read it in two sittings. The story was compulsive, shocking and thought inspiring.
She's an excellent writer. Well done, Kate and
Sharon
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought this psychological thriller was well-paced and filled with suspense, intrigue and mystery. Its the first book Ive read by this author and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Its a story that holds some surprises and at times had me on the edge of my seat. Its a definite page turner and a must read for anyone who enjoys the psychological thriller genre. It may have been my first read by this author, but I shall be looking out for more books from her in the future.

I received a free copy of this
Tracy Gilmore
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Characters are intriguing

I saw the warnings and chose to keep reading. Cecilia is a complex character, she wants a big break but denies herself pleasures because of her past. What she comes across puts her on a wild ride doing things she normally wouldn't. My jaw dropped at the twist.
Pat Eroh
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very gripping story that hits page one running and held me through the entire book. Incredibly interesting topic and so well-written that I thought about this story for many days after I finished reading. This story had many twists and turns with an edge-of-your-seat, nail-biting action.

A.G.R. Goff
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Third child is a psychological thriller by Kate Mitchell. My first read from this author. It's a very imaginative, gripping story which keeps its pace throughout the book. In parts it's a bit unrealistic but that doesn't really matter. Overall it's extremely well written, and has a very interesting story. It certainly has the nail-biting factor.
Wendy Smith
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book

Gripping, exciting, loved every minute of this book. I so didnt know where it was going at first but couldnt put it down as I had to know. Thank you to this author & I will be looking out for more of your books.
Joni Prater
Aug 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Not a bad book.

There was a lot of terms that are not typical used in the US so that was distracting and the story just kind of ends abruptly, but all in all, its not a bad book and this author shows a lot of promise.
Lynne
Nov 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF. Gave up after only first couple of chapters as did not really flow.
Abby
A bit gruesome, and I know that the main character was undercover' but she took far too many impractical risks. ...more
Regina
Dec 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
Dreadful

A good storyline but MY GOSH!!! The grammar! Spelling! Typos! It could have been written by a 14 year old..... eek no way sorry its a zero from me.
Kim Franke
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed

Was a little graphic some parts for me but overall enjoyed the book. Was also given a free book by Arthur at them which was very generous which I will read. Thanks Kate.
Joanne
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very thought provoking especially in light of what is going on in many states now.
cara robinson
Aug 02, 2019 rated it liked it
***

It took me quite awhile to get into pretty much middle of the book but once there it was rather good but think i would of liked the ending for Cecelia to be different
Janet Rawley
Aug 20, 2019
rosemary h paton
Aug 12, 2019
Sarah Layton
rated it did not like it
Mar 29, 2020
Dawn Howard
rated it it was ok
Dec 08, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Shifting Skin (DI Jon Spicer, #2)
  • Even Good Girls: A Murder Mystery
  • One Last Prayer for the Rays (DCI Michael Yorke, #1)
  • Missing Persons (DCI Morton, #5)
  • Finding Sarah (Pine Hills Police #1)
  • Between Two Thieves (Between Two Thieves Private Investigator Crime Thriller series Book 1)
  • See You Soon
  • Almost Gone (The Au Pair—Book One)
  • Long Gone: A Detective Paul Cullen Mystery (Paul Cullen Mysteries)
  • Echo (Kate Redman Mysteries, #6)
  • The Last Line Box Set (The Last Line Conspiracy, #1-2)
  • The Girls Across The Bay (Knox and Sheppard, #1)
  • Sei Thrillers (Sei Assassin Thriller, #1-3)
  • The Woman in the Car Trunk
  • The Secret Fear  (The DI Hogarth Secret Fear Series Book 1)
  • The Sasha McCandless Series: Volume 1 (Books 1-3)
  • Tracking the Treasures (The Capsule Killer #1)
  • A Cold Dark Place (Cold Justice, #1)
Kate Mitchell lives in Greater London where the hustle and bustle of city life have inspired her many short stories and novels. She began to write stories when she was very young, and with this zest for writing, Kate was inspired to take her degree in English Literature. Her jobs have included working for government agencies, teaching, and freelance journalism.