Start by marking “Taking Care of Business (The Necromancer's Smile #3)” as Want to Read:
Taking Care of Business (The Necromancer's Smile #3)

Taking Care of Business

(The Necromancer's Smile #3)

The Necromancer’s Smile: Taking Care of Business
Book three.
(Please note, this is a trilogy covering the same main characters throughout. Reading books one and two is best before reading this one).

When Sy learned that Connor, the young familiar who’d been staying with him, had been captured, he knew immediately that he could find him. After all, what use was it, him bei
Published September 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Taking Care of Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taking Care of Business

Start your review of Taking Care of Business (The Necromancer's Smile #3)
Gerbera_Reads
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We get to see Dakar and Sy one more time! Their family grew, Sy and Dakar are finally on the same page concerning their relationship but unfortunately not everyone approves or wants them to be together. They have to face magic community and fight all the prejudice and old-fashioned beliefs, face evil demons and keep their loved ones safe. The book is fast-paced, suspenseful and full of magic. There is plenty of affection between lovers and friends, a bit of angst and fights to protect people of ...more
Relly
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, b-2019-read
Great end to the series

4 ⭐️

Great end to the series.

Dakar really stepped up in this one and finally has his head out of his butt, he stood by Sy at all times and was a great mate. Dakar’s parents disappointed me big time. I was honestly thinking that being shifters they would be more accepting.

A lot happens in this instalment. There were twists and turns and some unexpected conflict that was resolved well. I enjoyed how everyone of the characters came into themselves and their individual power.
Diane Dannenfeldt
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-audio, pnr, m-m
Great completion to this trilogy. RTC
llv
Rating: 5 stars
I thought this to be a wonderful ending to the Necromancer series. I absolutely love both Dakar and Sebastian along with Brad and Brock. I loved both relationships and how they stood together to defeat their enemies and obtain their HEA. I was pleased that the abuse mentioned in the blurb was part of the story but wasn’t described in any way. There were secondary characters that I would love to read about in the future. All in all, a really wonderful ending to this series that I w
Stephanie Murillo
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't want to give anything away but I will say that I loved this book! Lisa Oliver did another wonderful job bringing all the characters to life. This book was full of surprises and I never knew what was coming next. It was great seeing the story and events progress as well as seeing the evil and idiots put in their place. Well done, Lisa!
Emilie
Jul 25, 2020 added it
Dakar thought that his parents were much better than Sy's, but they have their own problems accepting consensual reality. Also there are scheming demons in the picture again. The Big Bad Evil tricks many minor characters. It was kind of a combination of he's good at tricking people, and they don't stop to think.

Same comments about punctuation, etc., as in the previous books in the series, but I still was able to kind of ignore the errors, at least well enough to keep reading and find out what ha
Leslie Zak
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A good end to the series

I didn't particularly like the first book in this trilogy because of all the whining, misunderstanding and drama. I really like this author and have absolutely loved all of her other series so after leaving the first book alone for over a year decided to try book 2 . It was better but it was the third book that made me love this author all over again and truly wrapped up the series in a very satisfying way. You really should read the books in order to appreciate the whole
Chaicha
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5
It's so good, just like the other books.
I like how theire relationship hecome more strength.
I like how every characters develop.
But,
Just like typical "fate mate" story, even if they always said that it's rare to find one, there always suddenly so many fate mate in the the story.
And at the end of the book the story almost seems like it been rushed, the ending almost feel like to be forced.
But so far I enjoy read it.
Hope there gonna be short story for the other couple, coz I like to read it.

Sor
Sharon Gatus
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Glorious

This trilogy was so very good, the world the characters lived in and the trials and tribulations they went through was exciting and the love the family created was just lovely. Lisa Oliver can always be counted on to take you away to new and exciting places, to show you what love between mates should be like. Just glorious.
Denise R.
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great ending

This book was a great ending to this series. I loved how Sy continued to come into his own and realize how powerful he was. I liked getting to hear more about Brock. She tied up all the loose ends and gave the boys their time of peace.
Linda
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this series

Liked this series very much. Highly recommend. I look forward to reading more by this excellent author. Thank you Lisa for your wonderful imagination.
Donna
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS

I’ve read a lot of Lisa Oliver’s work, ever since I discovered my love of shifters and magic. However, I feel pretty confident in proclaiming The Necromancer’s Smile to be my absolute favourite of her series. And of course, this is the one that is set up as a trilogy rather than one of this author’s never ending series! When the author announced this trilogy, I thought – sure, Leese (not that I personally know this author, but she seems really nice so I’m sure I’d call her Leese) sure,
Jacqueleen the Reading Queen ♡
It's been quite a wait for Sy and Dakar to have their HEA. I myself did a re read in order to remember where we left off. It was a smart idea as book 3 picks up right there. Also it's never a hardship when I know how much I enjoyed them the first time around.

Lots of drama and even more battles going on in this one. I feel Sy and Dakar were much stronger as a couple in this one and didn't waver as much with everything tbrown at them. They finally started to trust and believe in one another. It t
DoaJaneoDoe
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019

I re-read first two before continuing on this one.

I'm not sure if it's because of re-read of books I already re-read but in this round #2 is my favorite.

I liked this book but, and I do apologise to author, ending was a bit rushed over for me (maybe it'll change next time I reread all 3).  I love surprise with Brock .

SophiaH
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG I love love love this series! The story gets better and better from one to the next book. It is beautiful to see Dakar and Sy evolve in grow. Lisa Oliver really is a master in her craft!

This story revolves around the abduction of Connor, a young familiar who was forced bonded and lives in the Necromancer's mansion now (first seen in The Necromancer's Smile). Things start to get downhill from there on out. It is also not helpfull when Dakars family shows up and start to interfere in Dakar an
FairyG
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Trilogies for the win

This is the 3rd book in the trilogy and shouldn't be read without the other two.

Already a fan of Lisa's books but loved the longer, deeper, story of one couple that this trilogy affords and the final books allows all these threads to come together.

The Shifter and Magical worlds collide with the mating of this couple. The preconceptions and ignorances each of their cultures show deep, sometimes hidden prejudices that try to rationalise away what the fates had deemed absolute.
Kaye
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This has been well worth the wait.

The series is well-developed and the final instalment has built on that and the introduction of a few minor characters has added great depth to the book.

Sy and Dakar's HEA has been a long time coming given the many challenges and obstacles along the way but with a lot of support, friendships and the desire to right many wrongs and evil doing this has made it an enjoyable series and read.

I would definitely recommend all 3 books if having not already done so.

As ev
John-Torleif  Harris
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful

I loved that every major decision in this book was made as a unit. There was some danger of people going off on their own to sacrifice themselves for the love of the others, but I liked that Sy, Dakar, Brock, and Brad worked as a unit.

I do have to wonder if Dakar will need to train his ability to tap Sy's abilities now that he knows it's possible. Will Brad discover similar things with his bind to Brock? And since they're all basically immortal, are they stick with their new jobs for e
Ally Lupold
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the series especially with the audible in the first two books.

Hated seeing the end of this magical and shifter dynamic we know frogs mate was the new gargoyle captain. But would love reading their story, along with Connor and his witch mate. I'm going to miss Sy, Dakar, Brad, and Brock. This trilogy is a magnificent read. When the third book came out I listened to the 1st and 2nd before reading the third. I hope it comes out with an audible book also. If you love m/m mates, magic, demon fi
Ute Reichmann
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third and last book of the Necromancer's series. To get the whole picture, better to be read in order. I loved this book. Couldn't put it down. The love and the bond between Sy and Dakar strengthened over time, and they have each others back. There are unexpected twists and turns in this book. And I'm happy, that Brock and Brad have found each other. Great book, great series. Highly recommended. Thank you, Lisa, you did it again.
Morgan  Skye
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a nice addition to the series. I found the parents to be tedious and not necessarily believable. I loved learning more about Sy and I loved seeing the full extent of his powers. There is a lot of excitement and not a super lot of romance in this, but it is still sweet and fun.

I don't think you can read this as a standalone but if you've started the series you'll want to read this and you'll enjoy it!

Recommended!

4 stars
Ira Campbell
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great trilogy

I really enjoyed this book and how it goes everything up from the rest of the trilogy. You did a great job on the plot and characters development in the books and really could stop and put the book down. If you like mystery , romance and drama you will enjoy this book.

Lisa keep up the great work you are an amazing author and I enjoyed all the books you have written.
Lee Hall
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!

Sye and Dakar sure do make a formidable couple! I’m so glad they finally got their HEA. This book ties up the loose ends and we get all the wonderful action that Lisa Oliver is known for. Nothing is ever easy, and she really makes them work for it! Another fantastic story by a world class author! She is ALWAYS a one-click for me!
Karen Dubois
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable book. It rounded the series out nicely, although was irked with Dakar's family not being accepting. Seemed to be the same thing different day as the other books. I would have liked to see more of Sy using his powers in his day to day job, but as always I really enjoyed the characters.
Stella Gladden
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you....

I find this book to be very exciting and interesting to read. Dakar and Sy travelled a long journey, to keep their newly formed pack together and safe. And, I enjoyed taking the journey with them. I want to thank you so much for their story, and hope you'll bring them back in the near future. I would like to read more about Connor and Troy, and their mates.
Kyle Harrington
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Amazing book by Lisa

I read this book in under 24 hours of purchasing it. I could not put it down. The story will draw you in. Yes this is the final book in the trilogy, but the world that Lisa creates will make you want more.
Nicola Wasley
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read and series

This whole series was cool. Love seeing Sy fully come into himself and Dykar learning a Alpha doesn't have to be be in charge. As always Lisa has left room for other books associated to this series and I look forward to reading them.
Anna Vermey
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

As usual Lisa has written an entertaining story with lots of twists. Great that Sy and his wolf mate got their HEA. Recommended. Looking forward to reading more about Connor and his witch.
Debra Rogers
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series

I enjoyed the trilogy and would have been on board for another book. The book flowed and kept my attention. Ms. Oliver is one of my favorite author's and I will be waiting for future selections.
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Don’t mess with the Necromancer

As always Lisa brings a wonderful story to life.
Sy and Dakar prove yet again that love does conquer all.

• The Witch's Blood (The Ellwood Chronicles #3)
  • How to Shield an Assassin (Unholy Trifecta, #1)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • Brandon's Very Merry Haunted Christmas (Mack's Marvelous Manifestations, #1)
  • Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)
  • Raven's Hart (Haven Hart Universe #7)
  • White Knight (Blackwood Pack #8)
  • His Prince (House of Maedoc, #2)
  • Familiar Beginnings (Demon Magic, #2)
  • Origin (Scales 'n' Spells, #1)
  • Defender (The Lost Pack #1)
  • Family Ties (The Family Novak #1)
  • Demons Do It Better (Hidden Species #1)
  • Jon's Crazy Head-Boppin' Mystery (Jon's Mysteries, #2)
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)
  • Mack's Perfectly Ghastly Homecoming (Mack's Marvelous Manifestations, #2)
  • Happy Endings (Demon Magic #1)
  • The Prince and His Bedeviled Bodyguard (Paranormal Princes #1)
Lisa Oliver had been writing non-fiction books for years when visions of half dressed, buff men started invading her dreams. Unable to resist the lure of her stories, Lisa decided to switch to fiction books, and now stories about her men clamor to get out from under her fingertips.
When Lisa is not writing, she is usually reading with a cup of tea always at hand. Her grown children and grandchildr

The Necromancer's Smile (3 books)
  • The Necromancer's Smile (The Necromancer's Smile #1)
  • A Family Affair (The Necromancer's Smile, #2)