Start by marking “Uncharted Waters” as Want to Read:
Uncharted Waters

Uncharted Waters

USA Today bestselling author Scott Mackenzie takes you on an unforgettable adventure from the Northwest to island paradise, and the dark places that lie beneath in Uncharted Waters.

Vince Stark has writer's block. His first book was a runaway success, redefining the romance genre from a male perspective, and piling pressure on Vince's shoulders. Fleeing Seattle to live on
Published February 18th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Uncharted Waters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncharted Waters

Start your review of Uncharted Waters
Roxs Reads
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I truly went into Uncharted Waters mostly blind except for a cautionary warning by the author that it may not be like anything Ive ever read before; a little romance and a whole lot of thriller, suspense, and mystery. Well, if that doesnt pique your curiosity, what else would? I was ready to dive in and see what Scott MacKenzie had in store for me.

From the very beginning, I was glued to the pages and loved all the characters that were being introduced. I basked in the storyline and the
Lindsey (Linz Readz)
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle
*4.5 Stars*

This book was nothing like I thought it would be but it was so enjoyable!

Vince Stark, had a best selling novel years ago and now he is broke living on a boat in the Caribbean. His only hope is to write another bestseller. Going on the journey with him as he battles writer's block was so wonderful! I don't want to give anything away from this story because every twist and turn this book takes is worth reading without knowing it's coming. I really hope this author doesn't stop writing
Readingtilthebreakofdawn
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Uncharted Waters is a fiction book set in the Caribbean on a small island called Solitude Bay. We start the book with Vince, the author and Kayla his agent looking to get a book deal. Apparently his agent knows the business well enough to get him signed, book unseen. But that sets into action Vince being put on the spot to deliver a book in a short amount of time. How can he write a book that he hasn't even started? Is he even in the right mind frame to attempt to dive in? What ensues is a story ...more
Stanley McShane
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Many red-blooded American males dream of buying a boat and sailing to the tropics. They envision fishing, lounging in the sun and sailing to exotic ports. Scott Mac Kenzie has put that dream into a masterful tale. His hero, Vince Stark, is aboard a 55-foot sailing craft called Tuuli. He is at anchor in a beautiful anchorage called Solitude Bay. Small and out of the way, the bay is a pristine sailors dream.

Vince is licking his wounds from a very caustic marriage. His first wife and her family
Yvonne V (Naughty Professora)
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
What in the world was that?

It was a complete surprise, thats for sure. The second novel by Scott MacKenzie follows writer Vince Stark, and his journey to complete a second novel that is just as successful as his first. When the meeting with his agent and publisher seems to go south, his agent blurts out that hes writing a romance novel, something that Vince isnt completely sure about doing.

Fast forward to Vince alone on his boat, and trying to write but is completely distracted by the lovely
Heather Brown
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
You should charter these waters....

In order for me to enjoy a book it has to have great dialogue, a well developed storyline, and characters with depth. And I think that its safe to say that Scotts book had all of that.

The dialogue flowed, making it hard to put down.

I found the story to be very interesting. Adding to the story was the fact that you could tell that Scott has done his research in trying to make sure the sailing aspects of the story would be believable and enjoyable.

When I say
Konny
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Uncharted Waters by Scott Mackenzie is a stand-alone romance novel, published by Social Butterfly PR.
Meet the hero, Vince.
Vince is living on a boat, an author who's about to publish his next book, or so.
He meets Tenn under specil circumstances - -nough said. I will not spoiler here, only so much both are on the journeys of their lives, and I was a passenger and I greatly enjoyed their traveling.
Uncharted Waters is a story that had me captivated from chapter one. The storyline is intriguing, I
arcticbooklover
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book.
I didn't read any excerpts before reading, mostly watching Scott MacKenzie's countdown on Instagram.

I liked the writing style, it was easy to read and the story had a good flow. There's also a little something there while you're reading, lurking, making you feel like there's going to happen something in the near future. You just sit and wait for whatever is around the corner to jump out.

And I must say that ending and that epilogue was brilliant.
Moon Love
Kelley Kirby
Feb 27, 2020
Mar 01, 2020

• The Trade
  • That Secret Crush (Getting Lucky, #3)
  • Disavow (The Dumonts, #3)
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)
  • Old Fashioned (Becker Brothers, #4)
  • The Younger Man
  • Doctor Dearest
  • Breathless
  • You Are Not Alone
  • Where the Blame Lies
  • Christmas in the City
  • Riven Knight (Tin Gypsy, #2)
  • Silver Player (The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge)
  • Playboy's Heart (Playboy Royal, #2)
  • Prepared
  • A Bad Day for Sunshine (Sunshine Vicram, #1)
Born in Montreal and raised in rural Ontario, Scott Mackenzie has worn many different hats in his life, from bartending to working as a heavy duty mechanic for the railway, to owning and operating a take-out restaurant. He finally settled down out West, where he lives on an island with his author wife and their dog. Scott can be found exploring the gulf islands on his sailboat, playing and ...more

News & Interviews